Total Posts:145|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Abortion because of Rape/Incest

OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 4:03:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Just pointing out that this thread is put in the mindset that Abortion is wrong, and that life begins at the moment of conception.

So the question is, should abortion be ok if the girl was raped, or a victim of incest, assuming she didn't consent.

I say, that if you honestly believe that abortion is killing a baby, then no. T

he fact is, what happened to the girl was horrible and wrong, but why punish the baby, for some sick mans actions?

I just don't see the rationale behind it.

If the girl doesn't want to see the baby, put it up for adoption, there is a big waiting list for babies, and it will almost certainly go to a loving family.

What do you guys think?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 4:04:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Duh no abortion :) +1

This will get derailed i am bugging outa here.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 5:17:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 4:03:02 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Just pointing out that this thread is put in the mindset that Abortion is wrong, and that life begins at the moment of conception.

So the question is, should abortion be ok if the girl was raped, or a victim of incest, assuming she didn't consent.

I say, that if you honestly believe that abortion is killing a baby, then no. T

he fact is, what happened to the girl was horrible and wrong, but why punish the baby, for some sick mans actions?

I just don't see the rationale behind it.

If the girl doesn't want to see the baby, put it up for adoption, there is a big waiting list for babies, and it will almost certainly go to a loving family.

What do you guys think?

And she should have to care for it while pregnant, regulate her activities for its survival, potentially lose her job/drop out of school, and face social stigma because . . .
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 5:21:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 5:17:22 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/4/2012 4:03:02 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Just pointing out that this thread is put in the mindset that Abortion is wrong, and that life begins at the moment of conception.

So the question is, should abortion be ok if the girl was raped, or a victim of incest, assuming she didn't consent.

I say, that if you honestly believe that abortion is killing a baby, then no. T

he fact is, what happened to the girl was horrible and wrong, but why punish the baby, for some sick mans actions?

I just don't see the rationale behind it.

If the girl doesn't want to see the baby, put it up for adoption, there is a big waiting list for babies, and it will almost certainly go to a loving family.

What do you guys think?

And she should have to care for it while pregnant, regulate her activities for its survival, potentially lose her job/drop out of school, and face social stigma because . . .

Did you just read the first sentence, and comment?

Here's an Idea: Addddoooopppptttiiiiooooonnnnnn
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 5:21:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's not like some stranger sneezed on her, cought some cureable disease, and got fired from her job because she refused to get rid of said disease. Who doesn't go to the doctors these days for the fix?
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 5:29:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 5:21:14 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/4/2012 5:17:22 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/4/2012 4:03:02 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Just pointing out that this thread is put in the mindset that Abortion is wrong, and that life begins at the moment of conception.

So the question is, should abortion be ok if the girl was raped, or a victim of incest, assuming she didn't consent.

I say, that if you honestly believe that abortion is killing a baby, then no. T

he fact is, what happened to the girl was horrible and wrong, but why punish the baby, for some sick mans actions?

I just don't see the rationale behind it.

If the girl doesn't want to see the baby, put it up for adoption, there is a big waiting list for babies, and it will almost certainly go to a loving family.

What do you guys think?

And she should have to care for it while pregnant, regulate her activities for its survival, potentially lose her job/drop out of school, and face social stigma because . . .

Did you just read the first sentence, and comment?

Here's an Idea: Addddoooopppptttiiiiooooonnnnnn
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:13:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 5:17:22 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/4/2012 4:03:02 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Just pointing out that this thread is put in the mindset that Abortion is wrong, and that life begins at the moment of conception.

So the question is, should abortion be ok if the girl was raped, or a victim of incest, assuming she didn't consent.

I say, that if you honestly believe that abortion is killing a baby, then no. T

he fact is, what happened to the girl was horrible and wrong, but why punish the baby, for some sick mans actions?

I just don't see the rationale behind it.

If the girl doesn't want to see the baby, put it up for adoption, there is a big waiting list for babies, and it will almost certainly go to a loving family.

What do you guys think?

And she should have to care for it while pregnant, regulate her activities for its survival, potentially lose her job/drop out of school, and face social stigma because she underwent the risk of pregnancy by placing herself in a position that prompted the rape.

There we go.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:23:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 6:13:35 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/4/2012 5:17:22 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/4/2012 4:03:02 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Just pointing out that this thread is put in the mindset that Abortion is wrong, and that life begins at the moment of conception.

So the question is, should abortion be ok if the girl was raped, or a victim of incest, assuming she didn't consent.

I say, that if you honestly believe that abortion is killing a baby, then no. T

he fact is, what happened to the girl was horrible and wrong, but why punish the baby, for some sick mans actions?

I just don't see the rationale behind it.

If the girl doesn't want to see the baby, put it up for adoption, there is a big waiting list for babies, and it will almost certainly go to a loving family.

What do you guys think?

And she should have to care for it while pregnant, regulate her activities for its survival, potentially lose her job/drop out of school, and face social stigma because she underwent the risk of pregnancy by placing herself in a position that prompted the rape.

There we go.

wooooow fvcking sicko. LK, I dearly hope you are a troll.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:24:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 6:13:35 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/4/2012 5:17:22 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/4/2012 4:03:02 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Just pointing out that this thread is put in the mindset that Abortion is wrong, and that life begins at the moment of conception.

So the question is, should abortion be ok if the girl was raped, or a victim of incest, assuming she didn't consent.

I say, that if you honestly believe that abortion is killing a baby, then no. T

he fact is, what happened to the girl was horrible and wrong, but why punish the baby, for some sick mans actions?

I just don't see the rationale behind it.

If the girl doesn't want to see the baby, put it up for adoption, there is a big waiting list for babies, and it will almost certainly go to a loving family.

What do you guys think?

And she should have to care for it while pregnant, regulate her activities for its survival, potentially lose her job/drop out of school, and face social stigma because she underwent the risk of pregnancy by placing herself in a position that prompted the rape.

There we go.

It's no fun when you just start actively trolling.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:25:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 6:23:43 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 2/4/2012 6:13:35 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/4/2012 5:17:22 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/4/2012 4:03:02 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Just pointing out that this thread is put in the mindset that Abortion is wrong, and that life begins at the moment of conception.

So the question is, should abortion be ok if the girl was raped, or a victim of incest, assuming she didn't consent.

I say, that if you honestly believe that abortion is killing a baby, then no. T

he fact is, what happened to the girl was horrible and wrong, but why punish the baby, for some sick mans actions?

I just don't see the rationale behind it.

If the girl doesn't want to see the baby, put it up for adoption, there is a big waiting list for babies, and it will almost certainly go to a loving family.

What do you guys think?

And she should have to care for it while pregnant, regulate her activities for its survival, potentially lose her job/drop out of school, and face social stigma because she underwent the risk of pregnancy by placing herself in a position that prompted the rape.

There we go.

wooooow fvcking sicko. LK, I dearly hope you are a troll.

lol nice timing.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:26:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 5:17:22 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/4/2012 4:03:02 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Just pointing out that this thread is put in the mindset that Abortion is wrong, and that life begins at the moment of conception.

So the question is, should abortion be ok if the girl was raped, or a victim of incest, assuming she didn't consent.

I say, that if you honestly believe that abortion is killing a baby, then no. T

he fact is, what happened to the girl was horrible and wrong, but why punish the baby, for some sick mans actions?

I just don't see the rationale behind it.

If the girl doesn't want to see the baby, put it up for adoption, there is a big waiting list for babies, and it will almost certainly go to a loving family.

What do you guys think?

And she should have to care for it while pregnant, regulate her activities for its survival, potentially lose her job/drop out of school, and face social stigma because . . .

Now you I agree with. At no point in anyone's life do they have the right to use any other person's body against their will, nor do they have the right to place medical, financial, or emotional risks against that person's will.

Being put in that situation completely against her will is even worse.

http://goodmenproject.com...

Slutwalk <3.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:29:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 6:26:49 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 2/4/2012 5:17:22 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/4/2012 4:03:02 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Just pointing out that this thread is put in the mindset that Abortion is wrong, and that life begins at the moment of conception.

So the question is, should abortion be ok if the girl was raped, or a victim of incest, assuming she didn't consent.

I say, that if you honestly believe that abortion is killing a baby, then no. T

he fact is, what happened to the girl was horrible and wrong, but why punish the baby, for some sick mans actions?

I just don't see the rationale behind it.

If the girl doesn't want to see the baby, put it up for adoption, there is a big waiting list for babies, and it will almost certainly go to a loving family.

What do you guys think?

And she should have to care for it while pregnant, regulate her activities for its survival, potentially lose her job/drop out of school, and face social stigma because . . .

Now you I agree with. At no point in anyone's life do they have the right to use any other person's body against their will, nor do they have the right to place medical, financial, or emotional risks against that person's will.

Being put in that situation completely against her will is even worse.

http://goodmenproject.com...

Slutwalk <3.

This is under the assumption that your wrong, and that it is a baby at conception.

Waht about then?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:32:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 6:29:08 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/4/2012 6:26:49 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 2/4/2012 5:17:22 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/4/2012 4:03:02 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Just pointing out that this thread is put in the mindset that Abortion is wrong, and that life begins at the moment of conception.

So the question is, should abortion be ok if the girl was raped, or a victim of incest, assuming she didn't consent.

I say, that if you honestly believe that abortion is killing a baby, then no. T

he fact is, what happened to the girl was horrible and wrong, but why punish the baby, for some sick mans actions?

I just don't see the rationale behind it.

If the girl doesn't want to see the baby, put it up for adoption, there is a big waiting list for babies, and it will almost certainly go to a loving family.

What do you guys think?

And she should have to care for it while pregnant, regulate her activities for its survival, potentially lose her job/drop out of school, and face social stigma because . . .

Now you I agree with. At no point in anyone's life do they have the right to use any other person's body against their will, nor do they have the right to place medical, financial, or emotional risks against that person's will.

Being put in that situation completely against her will is even worse.

http://goodmenproject.com...

Slutwalk <3.

This is under the assumption that your wrong, and that it is a baby at conception.

Waht about then?

It's not a baby until it's born, just like I am not an adult until I'm 18. Maybe it's a bit of an arbitrary time, but that's the fact. Even if it was a baby, could think, feel, have emotions, or know anything at all, it still would never have permission to use one's body in a parasitic way.
Once it's born it does not require itself to be attached to any other body to survive, anyone that wants it to can choose to help it survive, but no one is being forced against their will.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:35:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 6:32:16 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 2/4/2012 6:29:08 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/4/2012 6:26:49 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 2/4/2012 5:17:22 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/4/2012 4:03:02 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Just pointing out that this thread is put in the mindset that Abortion is wrong, and that life begins at the moment of conception.

So the question is, should abortion be ok if the girl was raped, or a victim of incest, assuming she didn't consent.

I say, that if you honestly believe that abortion is killing a baby, then no. T

he fact is, what happened to the girl was horrible and wrong, but why punish the baby, for some sick mans actions?

I just don't see the rationale behind it.

If the girl doesn't want to see the baby, put it up for adoption, there is a big waiting list for babies, and it will almost certainly go to a loving family.

What do you guys think?

And she should have to care for it while pregnant, regulate her activities for its survival, potentially lose her job/drop out of school, and face social stigma because . . .

Now you I agree with. At no point in anyone's life do they have the right to use any other person's body against their will, nor do they have the right to place medical, financial, or emotional risks against that person's will.

Being put in that situation completely against her will is even worse.

http://goodmenproject.com...

Slutwalk <3.

This is under the assumption that your wrong, and that it is a baby at conception.

Waht about then?

It's not a baby until it's born, just like I am not an adult until I'm 18. Maybe it's a bit of an arbitrary time, but that's the fact. Even if it was a baby, could think, feel, have emotions, or know anything at all, it still would never have permission to use one's body in a parasitic way.
Once it's born it does not require itself to be attached to any other body to survive, anyone that wants it to can choose to help it survive, but no one is being forced against their will.

So this again so begs the question, are you in favor of the non-aggression principle or not? Your in favor of welfare I assume, right? Isn't that forcing other against their will to take away their property to support the life of others?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:36:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, LL clearly won't answer my question, and I didn't make this thread to debate abortion.

Not to sound like Inferno but...Next!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:36:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
But assuming you want me to be of the mind that abortion is something that is somehow bad...I would prob believe that rape kids don't exist because god is all loving and kids are a product of love, not hate and violence, and other bs crap like that.

^I've been of the anti abortion mind before, I literally thought that.
along with menstruation being murder as it's spilling the seed that god gave me naturally and letting it go and spoil.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:38:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 6:36:33 PM, lovelife wrote:
But assuming you want me to be of the mind that abortion is something that is somehow bad...I would prob believe that rape kids don't exist because god is all loving and kids are a product of love, not hate and violence, and other bs crap like that.

What? Your not addressing my point at all.



^I've been of the anti abortion mind before, I literally thought that.
along with menstruation being murder as it's spilling the seed that god gave me naturally and letting it go and spoil.

Just gonna ignore this lightly hidden personal attack.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:42:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 6:38:35 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/4/2012 6:36:33 PM, lovelife wrote:
But assuming you want me to be of the mind that abortion is something that is somehow bad...I would prob believe that rape kids don't exist because god is all loving and kids are a product of love, not hate and violence, and other bs crap like that.

What? Your not addressing my point at all.

Yes I am, I wouldn't believe in conceptions from rape, because I didn't when I was under 12, back when I was against abortion.



^I've been of the anti abortion mind before, I literally thought that.
along with menstruation being murder as it's spilling the seed that god gave me naturally and letting it go and spoil.

Just gonna ignore this lightly hidden personal attack.

I don't see a personal attack?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:45:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 6:42:55 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 2/4/2012 6:38:35 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/4/2012 6:36:33 PM, lovelife wrote:
But assuming you want me to be of the mind that abortion is something that is somehow bad...I would prob believe that rape kids don't exist because god is all loving and kids are a product of love, not hate and violence, and other bs crap like that.

What? Your not addressing my point at all.

Yes I am, I wouldn't believe in conceptions from rape, because I didn't when I was under 12, back when I was against abortion.

*sigh* Ok, so lets assume right now, just for kicks, that life starts at conception.

Therefore, abortion would be murder.

Would abortion be ok if the girl was raped, o forced incest?



^I've been of the anti abortion mind before, I literally thought that.
along with menstruation being murder as it's spilling the seed that god gave me naturally and letting it go and spoil.

Just gonna ignore this lightly hidden personal attack.

I don't see a personal attack?

It seemed like your were basically calling me a crazy Christian, and that when your were 12 you believed that stuff, saying I'm immature.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:47:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 6:42:55 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 2/4/2012 6:38:35 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/4/2012 6:36:33 PM, lovelife wrote:
But assuming you want me to be of the mind that abortion is something that is somehow bad...I would prob believe that rape kids don't exist because god is all loving and kids are a product of love, not hate and violence, and other bs crap like that.

What? Your not addressing my point at all.

Yes I am, I wouldn't believe in conceptions from rape, because I didn't when I was under 12, back when I was against abortion.



^I've been of the anti abortion mind before, I literally thought that.
along with menstruation being murder as it's spilling the seed that god gave me naturally and letting it go and spoil.

Just gonna ignore this lightly hidden personal attack.

I don't see a personal attack?

You do realize that abortion isn't a religious issue, right. It's a secular issue. I am atheist and pro-life. So was J.Kenyon (well for awhile) and was also atheist.

And you haven't addressed my question.....You stated that even If the fetus was alive, nobody should have the right to act in a "parasitic manner". However, your in favor of welfare, right, in which property is forcefully taken and given to others. Isn't that a contradiction?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:52:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
A person is less of a person if he was conceived by rape. Everyone knows this.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:52:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 6:52:22 PM, Reasoning wrote:
A person is less of a person if he was conceived by rape. Everyone knows this.

I detect sarcasm?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:54:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 6:45:57 PM, OberHerr wrote:
*sigh* Ok, so lets assume right now, just for kicks, that life starts at conception.

Therefore, abortion would be murder.

I'll assume that that is somehow logical and/or correct.

Would abortion be ok if the girl was raped, o forced incest?

well it comes down to how one believes in that case.
For instance in a war, especially one in self defense, it is permissible to drop bombs "murdering" thousands of people in all, some of which were against the attack against you, had nothing to do with it, or maybe weren't even actually from that country but were visiting, some include pregnant women and children.
However, in the same exact situation without it being a war or "self defense" it would be considered a morally evil "murder" and grounds for attacks on you and your people.

Likewise aborting from self defense or as a casualty from the rape, would not be a morally negative "murder", but aborting without those reasons, would be considered a morally evil "murder".



^I've been of the anti abortion mind before, I literally thought that.
along with menstruation being murder as it's spilling the seed that god gave me naturally and letting it go and spoil.

Just gonna ignore this lightly hidden personal attack.

I don't see a personal attack?

It seemed like your were basically calling me a crazy Christian, and that when your were 12 you believed that stuff, saying I'm immature.

meh I was getting back into my anti abortion head, tbh it does all sound like crazy 12 year olds yelling "save teh baybiez" so I try to get into that frame of mind.
Possibly if it was possible for me to keep the mindset when i got critical thinking skills I might have some other reasons to have been against it in the past, but nothing more than my parents not censoring the bible and crazy christian sites from my reading as a young child.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:58:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 4:03:02 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Just pointing out that this thread is put in the mindset that Abortion is wrong, and that life begins at the moment of conception.

So the question is, should abortion be ok if the girl was raped, or a victim of incest, assuming she didn't consent.

I say, that if you honestly believe that abortion is killing a baby, then no. T

he fact is, what happened to the girl was horrible and wrong, but why punish the baby, for some sick mans actions?

Why punish a girl who is actually a person with people that love her and with a future that could be ruined by having a baby?

I just don't see the rationale behind it.

If the girl doesn't want to see the baby, put it up for adoption, there is a big waiting list for babies, and it will almost certainly go to a loving family.

As if it were that easy. Pregnancy is much riskier than abortion. All the physical and mental complications that can come with it. Not to mention that many opportunities open to the girl that may not come again could be lost because of the pregnancy. And for what? A bunch of cells that doesn't feel anything? It is less of a person than my cat. Not that I would kill my cat but just saying.

What do you guys think?

I can't believe that anyone would take a woman's right to her body away. Something pro-lifers constantly neglect.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 7:02:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Good Lord, people did you even read my post?

I said that this is UNDER THE ASSUMPTION THE LIFE BEGINS AT CONCEPTION
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 7:03:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
One issue that's glossed over is the promotion of adoption, which I find morally evil.

There are millions of children that are alive, feeling, neglected, and unwanted that are alive, and up for adoption/in foster care, world wide, thousands of which are domestic.

Anyone that cares about children at all would not push for that number to go higher.
Until there are no kids on the waiting list, I just cannot think of how it is at all good for the mother and child to be traumatized, her to be forced to gestate, etc cannot justify the PTSD and depression, lack of homes for real children that are actually born, etc.

Maybe off topic, but promoting adoption literally sickens me, and three people that are birth mothers that I've happened to meet in the past month that vocally advertise against it, one of which made a facebook page for it.

http://www.adoptuskids.org...
http://www.facebook.com...
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
breaxxbaxx
Posts: 40
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 7:07:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 4:03:02 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Just pointing out that this thread is put in the mindset that Abortion is wrong, and that life begins at the moment of conception.

So the question is, should abortion be ok if the girl was raped, or a victim of incest, assuming she didn't consent.

I say, that if you honestly believe that abortion is killing a baby, then no. T

he fact is, what happened to the girl was horrible and wrong, but why punish the baby, for some sick mans actions?

I just don't see the rationale behind it.

If the girl doesn't want to see the baby, put it up for adoption, there is a big waiting list for babies, and it will almost certainly go to a loving family.

What do you guys think?

I think rape can be an unbelievably traumatic event in someone's life. It goes beyond the physical, it hurts a person psychologically. The emotional scars from being raped can last a lifetime, and can affect a person in their day to day life. For someone to go from the experience of being raped right into pregnancy and all the emotional and physical turmoil that can create, I can't imagine. I really think that it should be a choice for the individual to make.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 7:07:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yeah this thread is gonna be derailed....
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 7:08:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 7:07:50 PM, breaxxbaxx wrote:
At 2/4/2012 4:03:02 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Just pointing out that this thread is put in the mindset that Abortion is wrong, and that life begins at the moment of conception.

So the question is, should abortion be ok if the girl was raped, or a victim of incest, assuming she didn't consent.

I say, that if you honestly believe that abortion is killing a baby, then no. T

he fact is, what happened to the girl was horrible and wrong, but why punish the baby, for some sick mans actions?

I just don't see the rationale behind it.

If the girl doesn't want to see the baby, put it up for adoption, there is a big waiting list for babies, and it will almost certainly go to a loving family.

What do you guys think?

I think rape can be an unbelievably traumatic event in someone's life. It goes beyond the physical, it hurts a person psychologically. The emotional scars from being raped can last a lifetime, and can affect a person in their day to day life. For someone to go from the experience of being raped right into pregnancy and all the emotional and physical turmoil that can create, I can't imagine. I really think that it should be a choice for the individual to make.

But, why punish the child for a evil person's actions? I understand it would be hard, but does that justify killing an innocent?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 7:13:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 7:03:04 PM, lovelife wrote:
One issue that's glossed over is the promotion of adoption, which I find morally evil.

There are millions of children that are alive, feeling, neglected, and unwanted that are alive, and up for adoption/in foster care, world wide, thousands of which are domestic.

Anyone that cares about children at all would not push for that number to go higher.
Until there are no kids on the waiting list, I just cannot think of how it is at all good for the mother and child to be traumatized, her to be forced to gestate, etc cannot justify the PTSD and depression, lack of homes for real children that are actually born, etc.

Maybe off topic, but promoting adoption literally sickens me, and three people that are birth mothers that I've happened to meet in the past month that vocally advertise against it, one of which made a facebook page for it.

http://www.adoptuskids.org...
http://www.facebook.com...

What is your point?

Some people want to adopt a baby, not a 16-year old, I'm sorry but its true.

Why do you think people go over to China, or other countries to adopt babies? Cause there is a HUGE waiting list.

And how the hell does that justify killing a baby?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-