Jump to topic:

Republican Party On Downward Spiral *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 12:56:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
To nowhere fast. The voter turnout issue is going to haunt them like a thief in the darkness of night. It seems that in spite of all the media glitter and glamour, there is an undeniable stench of unthusiasm going on with the GOP. These candidates are only a mere reflection of how society views government at large. But this is critical now more than ever because of the uprising of the Obama Adminidtration and the Democratic regime. You can blame it on whatever you soley desire, but in November, it will all be over. Do you think you can really win ?
See link below. And check out the line that says Republicans Have More Work To Do........

http://www.lasvegassun.com...
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 6:12:10 PM
Turnout was low in states like Florida that were dominated by negative ads. Turnout was high when issues predominated, like South Carolina.

That is a problem for Republicans. Obama will do nothing except run negative attack ads. That may turn off Republican voters, so that they stay home and Obama gets a win. The challenge will be to focus the campaign on issues. I don't know if that's possible.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 6:33:25 PM
At 2/7/2012 6:12:10 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Turnout was low in states like Florida that were dominated by negative ads. Turnout was high when issues predominated, like South Carolina.

What? South Carolina had nothing but negative ads. It's known for its negative ads. That's its only fame to be honest.

That is a problem for Republicans. Obama will do nothing except run negative attack ads. That may turn off Republican voters, so that they stay home and Obama gets a win. The challenge will be to focus the campaign on issues. I don't know if that's possible.

I always thought that negative ads didn't affect conservative voters in terms of turnout as it did liberal voters.