Total Posts:131|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Race Realists Have No Evidence

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 2:17:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Race realists are like young earth creationists. They believe based on faith and have no evidence. Actually, to be fair, creationists have more evidence than race realists.

Since race realists claim to be the scientific ones, lets see your scientific evidence. Oh wait, you have none. Made up, contrived nonsense doesn't count.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 2:34:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Broadly designated groups, such as 'Hispanic' or 'European American' do not meet the classical or phylogenetic criteria for subspecies or the criterion for a breeding population.

 If 'Caucasoid' is a subspecies, however, then an endogamous village population or ethnic group becomes a 'race'. This illustrates an inconsistency even in biological usage not found in scientific or sociopolitical practice: for example, how often are the Old Order Amish referred to as a 'race' in recent scientific literature? This group of people is a breeding population, based on a particular behavioral pattern of mate choice, as opposed to being defined by an anatomical trait complex."

-- http://www.nature.com...

.
.
.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
inferno
Posts: 10,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 2:44:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 2:17:59 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Race realists are like young earth creationists. They believe based on faith and have no evidence. Actually, to be fair, creationists have more evidence than race realists.

Since race realists claim to be the scientific ones, lets see your scientific evidence. Oh wait, you have none. Made up, contrived nonsense doesn't count.

Yes, Creationist have evidence that is not appreciated by you.
Physik
Posts: 686
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 2:50:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 2:44:41 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/7/2012 2:17:59 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Race realists are like young earth creationists. They believe based on faith and have no evidence. Actually, to be fair, creationists have more evidence than race realists.

Since race realists claim to be the scientific ones, lets see your scientific evidence. Oh wait, you have none. Made up, contrived nonsense doesn't count.

Yes, Creationist have evidence that is not appreciated by you.

Care to share?
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
inferno
Posts: 10,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:07:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 2:50:37 PM, Physik wrote:
At 2/7/2012 2:44:41 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/7/2012 2:17:59 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Race realists are like young earth creationists. They believe based on faith and have no evidence. Actually, to be fair, creationists have more evidence than race realists.

Since race realists claim to be the scientific ones, lets see your scientific evidence. Oh wait, you have none. Made up, contrived nonsense doesn't count.

Yes, Creationist have evidence that is not appreciated by you.

Care to share?

Yes. But first you must get away from your computer and your books even.
Then go out there where "they" are. Ask them questions and walk where they walk. Then you will see the truth with your own eyes. Otherwise you are just wasting your time talking about something that you have no knowledge of.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:09:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 3:07:07 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/7/2012 2:50:37 PM, Physik wrote:
At 2/7/2012 2:44:41 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/7/2012 2:17:59 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Race realists are like young earth creationists. They believe based on faith and have no evidence. Actually, to be fair, creationists have more evidence than race realists.

Since race realists claim to be the scientific ones, lets see your scientific evidence. Oh wait, you have none. Made up, contrived nonsense doesn't count.

Yes, Creationist have evidence that is not appreciated by you.

Care to share?

Yes. But first you must get away from your computer and your books even.
Then go out there where "they" are. Ask them questions and walk where they walk. Then you will see the truth with your own eyes. Otherwise you are just wasting your time talking about something that you have no knowledge of.

Give us the evidence, inferno. Stop trolling.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:09:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Stay on topic, take that elsewhere. We don't want to give race realists any reason to squirm their way out of this one.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:14:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 3:10:09 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I would be surprised if Reasoning, Jimtimmy, and Knukle actually visit this thread . . .

I'd give it an hour.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
inferno
Posts: 10,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:16:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 3:09:33 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Stay on topic, take that elsewhere. We don't want to give race realists any reason to squirm their way out of this one.

This is on topic. You like the rest of your Atheist friends are nothing more than cowards. You talk about truth but you do not have the guts to go out and face it.
I have, and so can you. =_
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:20:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://sq.4mg.com....
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
inferno
Posts: 10,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:21:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Again, it is about metaphysics, occult, freemasonry, religion, and paradigms through time and space. Of course there is more, but I am sure that you have not experienced one. So like I said, youre nothing but talk and no action.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:23:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Intelligence quotient (IQ) tests performed in the United States have consistently demonstrated a significant degree of variation between different racial groups, with the average score of the African American population being lower— and that of the Asian American population being higher— than that of the European-American population. At the same time, there is a considerable overlap between these group scores, and individuals of each group can be found at all points on the IQ spectrum.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

There are high differences in IQ between races. The reason for this might be somewhat unknown, but that is completely irrelevant.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:27:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 3:25:47 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:20:53 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
http://sq.4mg.com....

Your own link also provides this http://sq.4mg.com...

You are simply proving my point. The environmental effects that have caused this issue are not very important. What is important is that there are in fact genetic IQ differences between races.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:30:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 3:27:02 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:25:47 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:20:53 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
http://sq.4mg.com....

Your own link also provides this http://sq.4mg.com...

You are simply proving my point. The environmental effects that have caused this issue are not very important. What is important is that there are in fact genetic IQ differences between races.

In order to determine if this is true, we have to look at people of different races who are from a similar environment (socioeconomic status, education, etc.) You are comparing people from a better environment with people from a worse environment and calling the results "genetic". To truly prove that there are genetic differences, you need to provide a study that completely controls for environment.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:32:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 3:27:02 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:25:47 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:20:53 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
http://sq.4mg.com....

Your own link also provides this http://sq.4mg.com...

You are simply proving my point. The environmental effects that have caused this issue are not very important. What is important is that there are in fact genetic IQ differences between races.

Actually, no. If the environmental effects caused these differences, then it doesn't make sense to ignore the effect environmental has on intelligence and IQ testing.

One of the speculations in that link is that the "smarter" Jews were able to escape being killed during the holocaust. If this has merit and so many of the less intelligent Jews were killed off, it doesn't mean Jews are genetically smarter... It just means their scores are inflated due to the lower scores being permanently ommitted.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:32:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 3:30:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:27:02 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:25:47 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:20:53 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
http://sq.4mg.com....

Your own link also provides this http://sq.4mg.com...

You are simply proving my point. The environmental effects that have caused this issue are not very important. What is important is that there are in fact genetic IQ differences between races.

In order to determine if this is true, we have to look at people of different races who are from a similar environment (socioeconomic status, education, etc.) You are comparing people from a better environment with people from a worse environment and calling the results "genetic". To truly prove that there are genetic differences, you need to provide a study that completely controls for environment.

This is false. That study compares people from the same countries with similar environments and socio-economic backgrounds. You also have no proof that they are not comparing people from the same socio-economic backgrounds. What I have noticed is that you attempt to refute my claims without giving any sources.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
inferno
Posts: 10,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:34:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 3:32:08 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:27:02 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:25:47 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:20:53 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
http://sq.4mg.com....

Your own link also provides this http://sq.4mg.com...

You are simply proving my point. The environmental effects that have caused this issue are not very important. What is important is that there are in fact genetic IQ differences between races.

Actually, no. If the environmental effects caused these differences, then it doesn't make sense to ignore the effect environmental has on intelligence and IQ testing.

One of the speculations in that link is that the "smarter" Jews were able to escape being killed during the holocaust. If this has merit and so many of the less intelligent Jews were killed off, it doesn't mean Jews are genetically smarter... It just means their scores are inflated due to the lower scores being permanently ommitted.

Nonentity. It is about resources, heritage, traditions, and state of mind.
Because some Blacks had to evolve from a more oppressive regime, the circumstances worked against them. Can you imagine being beaten, hanged, lynched, dragged, and scorned to death for a period of over 5 centuries.
It is not easily conceived is it. So you understand how far they have come based on those circumstances.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:35:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 3:32:54 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:30:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:27:02 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:25:47 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:20:53 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
http://sq.4mg.com....

Your own link also provides this http://sq.4mg.com...

You are simply proving my point. The environmental effects that have caused this issue are not very important. What is important is that there are in fact genetic IQ differences between races.

In order to determine if this is true, we have to look at people of different races who are from a similar environment (socioeconomic status, education, etc.) You are comparing people from a better environment with people from a worse environment and calling the results "genetic". To truly prove that there are genetic differences, you need to provide a study that completely controls for environment.

This is false. That study compares people from the same countries with similar environments and socio-economic backgrounds.
Really? Where in the paper does it say that they were from similar environments and socio-economic backgrounds? I eagerly await the textual evidence from your link that proves this to be true.
You also have no proof that they are not comparing people from the same socio-economic backgrounds. What I have noticed is that you attempt to refute my claims without giving any sources.

"African-born blacks comprise about 16 percent of the U.S. foreign-born black population (U.S. Bureau of the Census, 2000), and are "considerably" more educated than other immigrants. The vast majority of these immigrants come from minority white countries in East and West Africa (e.g. Kenya and Nigeria). While less than 2 percent originate from North or South Africa (CIA World Factbook, 2004; Yearbook of immigration Statistics, 2003). An analysis of Census Bureau data by The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (1999-2000) and the "Lewis Mumford Center for Comparative Urban and Regional Research" (2003) find that Black African immigrants to the United States are more likely to be college educated than ‘any' other immigrant group, which included those from Europe, North America and Asia (see also Nisbett, 2002; U.S. Bureau of the Census, 2000). African immigrants have also been shown to be more highly educated than any native-born ethnic group including white and Asian Americans (Logan & Deane, 2003; Williams, 2005; The Economist, 1996; Arthur, 2000; Selassie, 1998; Nisbett, 2002).

Most research suggests that between 43.8 and 49.3 percent of "all" African immigrants in the United States hold a college diploma (Nisbett, 2002; Charles, 2007; U.S. Census, 2000). This is slightly more than the percentage of Asian immigrants to the U.S., substantially greater than the percentage of European immigrants, nearly "double" that of native-born white Americans, nearly four times the rate of native-born African Americans, and more than "8 times" that of some Hispanic groups (Williams, 2005; Nisbett, 2002; Kent, 2007; The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education, 1999-2000; U.S. Census, 2000)! Black immigrants from Africa have also been shown to have rates of college graduation that are "more" than double that of the U.S. born population, in general (Williams, 2005). For example, in 1997, 19.4 percent of all adult African immigrants in the United States held a "graduate degree", compared to 8.1 percent of adult whites (a difference of "more than" double) and 3.8 percent of adult blacks in the United States, respectively (The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education, 1999-2000). This shows that America has an equally large achievement gap between white Americans and African born immigrants as between native born white and black Americans.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:35:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 3:32:08 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:27:02 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:25:47 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:20:53 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
http://sq.4mg.com....

Your own link also provides this http://sq.4mg.com...

You are simply proving my point. The environmental effects that have caused this issue are not very important. What is important is that there are in fact genetic IQ differences between races.

Actually, no. If the environmental effects caused these differences, then it doesn't make sense to ignore the effect environmental has on intelligence and IQ testing.
You are not understanding my point. My point is that regardless of the different factors that caused this genetic IQ inferiority, their IQ is still on average lower. The environment did definitely play a role, but its role has given specific races lower IQs. You are conceding to my point that some races do in fact have lower IQs.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
inferno
Posts: 10,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:39:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 3:35:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:32:08 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:27:02 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:25:47 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:20:53 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
http://sq.4mg.com....

Your own link also provides this http://sq.4mg.com...

You are simply proving my point. The environmental effects that have caused this issue are not very important. What is important is that there are in fact genetic IQ differences between races.

Actually, no. If the environmental effects caused these differences, then it doesn't make sense to ignore the effect environmental has on intelligence and IQ testing.
You are not understanding my point. My point is that regardless of the different factors that caused this genetic IQ inferiority, their IQ is still on average lower. The environment did definitely play a role, but its role has given specific races lower IQs. You are conceding to my point that some races do in fact have lower IQs.

But the intelligence factor is irrelevent when you look at the circumstances my friend. How many other races other than Natives and Jews say that they have been opposed for many many years through institutional and worldwide slavery which lasted for over 400 years. You cannot discard segregation either. This does have an affect on culture and social relations over time. So again, you realize that IQ does not matter in the way that you claim. If that were the case, then Obama would not be President.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:39:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 3:35:00 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:32:54 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:30:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:27:02 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:25:47 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:20:53 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
http://sq.4mg.com....

Your own link also provides this http://sq.4mg.com...

You are simply proving my point. The environmental effects that have caused this issue are not very important. What is important is that there are in fact genetic IQ differences between races.

In order to determine if this is true, we have to look at people of different races who are from a similar environment (socioeconomic status, education, etc.) You are comparing people from a better environment with people from a worse environment and calling the results "genetic". To truly prove that there are genetic differences, you need to provide a study that completely controls for environment.

This is false. That study compares people from the same countries with similar environments and socio-economic backgrounds.
Really? Where in the paper does it say that they were from similar environments and socio-economic backgrounds? I eagerly await the textual evidence from your link that proves this to be true.
If you actually read the paper, you would have realized that they tested races from the same countries for specific results. Yes, some races will in fact on average have lower socio-economic status but that is caused by their genetics.
You also have no proof that they are not comparing people from the same socio-economic backgrounds. What I have noticed is that you attempt to refute my claims without giving any sources.

"African-born blacks comprise about 16 percent of the U.S. foreign-born black population (U.S. Bureau of the Census, 2000), and are "considerably" more educated than other immigrants. The vast majority of these immigrants come from minority white countries in East and West Africa (e.g. Kenya and Nigeria). While less than 2 percent originate from North or South Africa (CIA World Factbook, 2004; Yearbook of immigration Statistics, 2003). An analysis of Census Bureau data by The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (1999-2000) and the "Lewis Mumford Center for Comparative Urban and Regional Research" (2003) find that Black African immigrants to the United States are more likely to be college educated than ‘any' other immigrant group, which included those from Europe, North America and Asia (see also Nisbett, 2002; U.S. Bureau of the Census, 2000). African immigrants have also been shown to be more highly educated than any native-born ethnic group including white and Asian Americans (Logan & Deane, 2003; Williams, 2005; The Economist, 1996; Arthur, 2000; Selassie, 1998; Nisbett, 2002).

Most research suggests that between 43.8 and 49.3 percent of "all" African immigrants in the United States hold a college diploma (Nisbett, 2002; Charles, 2007; U.S. Census, 2000). This is slightly more than the percentage of Asian immigrants to the U.S., substantially greater than the percentage of European immigrants, nearly "double" that of native-born white Americans, nearly four times the rate of native-born African Americans, and more than "8 times" that of some Hispanic groups (Williams, 2005; Nisbett, 2002; Kent, 2007; The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education, 1999-2000; U.S. Census, 2000)! Black immigrants from Africa have also been shown to have rates of college graduation that are "more" than double that of the U.S. born population, in general (Williams, 2005). For example, in 1997, 19.4 percent of all adult African immigrants in the United States held a "graduate degree", compared to 8.1 percent of adult whites (a difference of "more than" double) and 3.8 percent of adult blacks in the United States, respectively (The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education, 1999-2000). This shows that America has an equally large achievement gap between white Americans and African born immigrants as between native born white and black Americans.

Before I refute your arguments, do you mind providing a source?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:40:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 3:39:00 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:35:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:32:08 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:27:02 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:25:47 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:20:53 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
http://sq.4mg.com....

Your own link also provides this http://sq.4mg.com...

You are simply proving my point. The environmental effects that have caused this issue are not very important. What is important is that there are in fact genetic IQ differences between races.

Actually, no. If the environmental effects caused these differences, then it doesn't make sense to ignore the effect environmental has on intelligence and IQ testing.
You are not understanding my point. My point is that regardless of the different factors that caused this genetic IQ inferiority, their IQ is still on average lower. The environment did definitely play a role, but its role has given specific races lower IQs. You are conceding to my point that some races do in fact have lower IQs.

But the intelligence factor is irrelevent when you look at the circumstances my friend. How many other races other than Natives and Jews say that they have been opposed for many many years through institutional and worldwide slavery which lasted for over 400 years. You cannot discard segregation either. This does have an affect on culture and social relations over time. So again, you realize that IQ does not matter in the way that you claim. If that were the case, then Obama would not be President.

General IQ inferiority does not mean that there aren't black people who can be smart (although Obama is not).
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
inferno
Posts: 10,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:41:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 3:40:12 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:39:00 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:35:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:32:08 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:27:02 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:25:47 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:20:53 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
http://sq.4mg.com....

Your own link also provides this http://sq.4mg.com...

You are simply proving my point. The environmental effects that have caused this issue are not very important. What is important is that there are in fact genetic IQ differences between races.

Actually, no. If the environmental effects caused these differences, then it doesn't make sense to ignore the effect environmental has on intelligence and IQ testing.
You are not understanding my point. My point is that regardless of the different factors that caused this genetic IQ inferiority, their IQ is still on average lower. The environment did definitely play a role, but its role has given specific races lower IQs. You are conceding to my point that some races do in fact have lower IQs.

But the intelligence factor is irrelevent when you look at the circumstances my friend. How many other races other than Natives and Jews say that they have been opposed for many many years through institutional and worldwide slavery which lasted for over 400 years. You cannot discard segregation either. This does have an affect on culture and social relations over time. So again, you realize that IQ does not matter in the way that you claim. If that were the case, then Obama would not be President.

General IQ inferiority does not mean that there aren't black people who can be smart (although Obama is not).

Well he was intelligent enough to beat a few Caucasians at their own game.
History is doomed to repeat itself. I admire your ignorance here today.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:42:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 3:35:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:32:08 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:27:02 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:25:47 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:20:53 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
http://sq.4mg.com....

Your own link also provides this http://sq.4mg.com...

You are simply proving my point. The environmental effects that have caused this issue are not very important. What is important is that there are in fact genetic IQ differences between races.

Actually, no. If the environmental effects caused these differences, then it doesn't make sense to ignore the effect environmental has on intelligence and IQ testing.
You are not understanding my point. My point is that regardless of the different factors that caused this genetic IQ inferiority, their IQ is still on average lower.

lol But you're claiming it is genetic while conceding the einvironment is the sole cause of the shift? You can't understand that environmental factors still play a huge role in shaping intelligence?

The environment did definitely play a role, but its role has given specific races lower IQs. You are conceding to my point that some races do in fact have lower IQs.

lol No. Some races score higher than other on IQ tests. IQ =/= intelligence.

If we continue with the Jew example, the "smart" Jews who survived the Holocaust were more likely to have smart children. Smart parents tend to have smart children, bbecause they raise their children that way...
inferno
Posts: 10,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:42:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You can refute LADY ROYALES arguments if you desire. But your selectiveness is a sign of weakness. You do not want to accept truth as it stands.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:44:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 3:39:23 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:35:00 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:32:54 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:30:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:27:02 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:25:47 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 3:20:53 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
http://sq.4mg.com....

Your own link also provides this http://sq.4mg.com...

You are simply proving my point. The environmental effects that have caused this issue are not very important. What is important is that there are in fact genetic IQ differences between races.

In order to determine if this is true, we have to look at people of different races who are from a similar environment (socioeconomic status, education, etc.) You are comparing people from a better environment with people from a worse environment and calling the results "genetic". To truly prove that there are genetic differences, you need to provide a study that completely controls for environment.

This is false. That study compares people from the same countries with similar environments and socio-economic backgrounds.
Really? Where in the paper does it say that they were from similar environments and socio-economic backgrounds? I eagerly await the textual evidence from your link that proves this to be true.
If you actually read the paper, you would have realized that they tested races from the same countries for specific results. Yes, some races will in fact on average have lower socio-economic status but that is caused by their genetics.
"Same countries" does not mean "same environment". The ghetto is very different from Wall Street.
You also have no proof that they are not comparing people from the same socio-economic backgrounds. What I have noticed is that you attempt to refute my claims without giving any sources.

"African-born blacks comprise about 16 percent of the U.S. foreign-born black population (U.S. Bureau of the Census, 2000), and are "considerably" more educated than other immigrants. The vast majority of these immigrants come from minority white countries in East and West Africa (e.g. Kenya and Nigeria). While less than 2 percent originate from North or South Africa (CIA World Factbook, 2004; Yearbook of immigration Statistics, 2003). An analysis of Census Bureau data by The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (1999-2000) and the "Lewis Mumford Center for Comparative Urban and Regional Research" (2003) find that Black African immigrants to the United States are more likely to be college educated than ‘any' other immigrant group, which included those from Europe, North America and Asia (see also Nisbett, 2002; U.S. Bureau of the Census, 2000). African immigrants have also been shown to be more highly educated than any native-born ethnic group including white and Asian Americans (Logan & Deane, 2003; Williams, 2005; The Economist, 1996; Arthur, 2000; Selassie, 1998; Nisbett, 2002).

Most research suggests that between 43.8 and 49.3 percent of "all" African immigrants in the United States hold a college diploma (Nisbett, 2002; Charles, 2007; U.S. Census, 2000). This is slightly more than the percentage of Asian immigrants to the U.S., substantially greater than the percentage of European immigrants, nearly "double" that of native-born white Americans, nearly four times the rate of native-born African Americans, and more than "8 times" that of some Hispanic groups (Williams, 2005; Nisbett, 2002; Kent, 2007; The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education, 1999-2000; U.S. Census, 2000)! Black immigrants from Africa have also been shown to have rates of college graduation that are "more" than double that of the U.S. born population, in general (Williams, 2005). For example, in 1997, 19.4 percent of all adult African immigrants in the United States held a "graduate degree", compared to 8.1 percent of adult whites (a difference of "more than" double) and 3.8 percent of adult blacks in the United States, respectively (The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education, 1999-2000). This shows that America has an equally large achievement gap between white Americans and African born immigrants as between native born white and black Americans.

Before I refute your arguments, do you mind providing a source?

Those are all studies. Feel free to look them up; Ike provided the sources in his debate.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 3:48:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I find it interesting that someone like jimtimmy puts so much stock in IQ tests, but not in the education system, which is the biggest aptitude test of all :/ He claims that being a B average student is not indicative of his actual intelligence, and yet IQ tests are the end-all-be-all.