Jump to topic:

The Ron Paul Movement

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:02:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I personally do not think that Ron Paul will come even close to winning the presidency, or even close to the Republican nomination.

But he is starting a movement that is rocking politics. He wants the Government to get out of our lives, he wants polticians to put the country first, and he wants freedom to be restored to this country.

His movement is gaining tremenduous momentum too. Everywhere I go there are Ron Paul signs and political paraphenalia. I see no other Republican political stuff. He has a lot more followers than he did 4 years ago, and 4 years before that, his movement was non-existant.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:04:07 PM
*waits for people with polls*
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:05:24 PM
At 2/9/2012 3:04:07 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Let's compare his 2008 results with his 2012 results.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:06:21 PM
At 2/9/2012 3:02:10 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
I personally do not think that Ron Paul will come even close to winning the presidency, or even close to the Republican nomination.

But he is starting a movement that is rocking politics. He wants the Government to get out of our lives, he wants polticians to put the country first, and he wants freedom to be restored to this country.

His movement is gaining tremenduous momentum too. Everywhere I go there are Ron Paul signs and political paraphenalia. I see no other Republican political stuff. He has a lot more followers than he did 4 years ago, and 4 years before that, his movement was non-existant.
That's because when someone is in need of more support, you'll give him more support. That's what his supporters do. There's no need for Romney supporters to spread his message the same way because he is already leading by far in most states so far.
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:07:32 PM
At 2/9/2012 3:06:21 PM, Mirza wrote:

That's because when someone is in need of more support, you'll give him more support. That's what his supporters do. There's no need for Romney supporters to spread his message the same way because he is already leading by far in most states so far.

Ah but neither of the other three candidates are trying to start a movement. Ron Paul is.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:09:27 PM
At 2/9/2012 3:05:24 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

See, there is a problem here.

You say,"He will do better next year, and eventually become president!".

That will only work for about one-two more elections, as he will either A) Die or B) Be to old to run.

Anyways, America is not crazy enough to elect a isolationist, that thinks that if we just ignore the world, they will do the same.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:10:00 PM
At 2/9/2012 3:07:32 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 2/9/2012 3:06:21 PM, Mirza wrote:

Ah but neither of the other three candidates are trying to start a movement. Ron Paul is.

They don't need to start a movement. He does.

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:10:53 PM
At 2/9/2012 3:09:27 PM, OberHerr wrote:

That will only work for about one-two more elections, as he will either A) Die or B) Be to old to run.

Anyways, America is not crazy enough to elect a isolationist, that thinks that if we just ignore the world, they will do the same.

You seriously think he's an isolationist? That myth was busted years ago.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:10:56 PM
At 2/9/2012 3:07:32 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

Yes hes "trying" to start a movement, there is no denying that, and its also true that no other candidate is as unique as Ron Paul, but are people actually buying into it or simply dismissing it. It seems for ever 1 person who thinks Ron Paul has a point there are 10 others who dismiss it as too extreme
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:12:03 PM

He has done better, and his movement is doing great. He may die soon, but his movement will live on in a different candidate.

And that is one of the reasons I like Ron Paul. We have no business in other countries' businesses, so we should be non-interventionalist, not isolationist. Learn the difference.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:12:30 PM
At 2/9/2012 3:10:53 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

Re-Bust it then.

He wants to basically remove our presence from the rest of the world, or to isolate us.

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:13:53 PM
That's down from 1 in a 1000. I used to think it was extreme. I would have voted for Rick Santorum. But I learned about Ron Paul and found he was a lot better than Santorum and I thought he was.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:14:47 PM
At 2/9/2012 3:12:03 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

He has done better, and his movement is doing great. He may die soon, but his movement will live on in a different candidate.

And that is one of the reasons I like Ron Paul. We have no business in other countries' businesses, so we should be non-interventionalist, not isolationist. Learn the difference.

The "non-interventionalist" BS is just a sugar-coated word for isolationist.

We do have business in countries that we A) Sell stuff to. B) Have shown signs of possibly attacking us C) Are allies.

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:15:09 PM
At 2/9/2012 3:12:30 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Re-Bust it then.

He wants to basically remove our presence from the rest of the world, or to isolate us.

Ron Paul wasnt to remove our military presence in most foreign countries. He believes we shouldnt start wars unless our direct national security is at stake. This is non-interventionism.

Isolationism means we don't trade with foreign countries, we withdraw from all foreign alliances, and not make any treaties. Ron Paul supports none of these.
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:15:23 PM
At 2/9/2012 3:12:30 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Re-Bust it then.

It's non-interventionalist, not isolationist. There is a big different. Learn the difference.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:16:18 PM
Read my above post people.

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:17:33 PM
He'll do far more for the libertarian movement as the leader of a philosophic revolution than as a President and I'm sure he knows that. He'll never be President, he's more useful than that. Paul seems to be more in the business of changing minds than changing things as a result of edict. Also non-war mongerer =\= isolationist. Some people refuse to learn.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:17:41 PM
At 2/9/2012 3:14:47 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/9/2012 3:12:03 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

The "non-interventionalist" BS is just a sugar-coated word for isolationist.

We do have business in countries that we A) Sell stuff to. B) Have shown signs of possibly attacking us C) Are allies.

There is a big difference.

Non-interventionalist is saying out of unnecessary wars, giving countries more of their freedom back, not wasting taxpayer money on useless world affairs, and saying out of countries' business. But we still have a big spot on the world stage.

Isolationist is complete removal from the world.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:19:19 PM
North Korea is isolationist.
Switzerland is non-interventionist.
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:19:31 PM
At 2/9/2012 3:17:33 PM, socialpinko wrote:
He'll do far more for the libertarian movement as the leader of a philosophic revolution than as a President and I'm sure he knows that. He'll never be President, he's more useful than that. Paul seems to be more in the business of changing minds than changing things as a result of edict. Also non-war mongerer =\= isolationist. Some people refuse to learn.

War-mongering =/= attacking countries that attack us

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:21:30 PM
At 2/9/2012 3:19:31 PM, OberHerr wrote:

attacking countries without doing anything=/= war-mongering. The Iraq and Afghanistan Wars = war-mongering. World War I and II = necessary wars.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:21:36 PM
Fine I'll give, on the whole isolationist point.

But, back to the main point of this thread, what makes you think this, so-called,"Long-Term Libertarian President, or whatever" plan, is really gonna work?

Doesn't seem to be getting much ground as it is.

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:21:36 PM

When did Iraq or Afghanistan ever attack us?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:22:46 PM
At 2/9/2012 3:21:30 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

attacking countries without doing anything=/= war-mongering. The Iraq and Afghanistan Wars = war-mongering. World War I and II = necessary wars.

Tell me, when one is attacked, and loses about 2000+ of its citizen as a result, does one just sit by and do nothing? (No conspiracy crap please)

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:22:59 PM
At 2/9/2012 3:21:36 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Fine I'll give, on the whole isolationist point.

But, back to the main point of this thread, what makes you think this, so-called,"Long-Term Libertarian President, or whatever" plan, is really gonna work?

Doesn't seem to be getting much ground as it is.

Because he is gaining support.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:23:06 PM

I must have missed it when Iraq attacked us.
:
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:24:16 PM
At 2/9/2012 3:22:46 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Tell me, when one is attacked, and loses about 2000+ of its citizen as a result, does one just sit by and do nothing? (No conspiracy crap please)

That was a few terrorists. Why declare war on the whole country? It's like saying that a terrorist from America bombs London, so Britian should declare war on America. Sound stupid?
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:25:12 PM

Disagree with Afghanistan, that was a necessary war. Iraq was justified at the time. However our reasonable suspicions turned out to be false.

My problem with Ron Paul is that I think his foreign policy approach is dangerous. He has stated that he thinks it is okay to allow a nation like Iran access to nuclear arms. That is a deal breaker for me, no matter how much I like his economic policies.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.