Jump to topic:

Bob Macdonald endorsed Romney :(

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 11:37:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was just watching a Conservative Political Action Conference and Bob Macdonald, my super awesome Governor, was the opening key speaker. He gets to do that these days since he's boss over all republican governors (republican governors association chair).

and then before Rick Santorum came out the speak he said he was supporting Mitt Romney. Bleah!

But I think He's not really going to vote for romney when he gets to the ballat box to vote privately. Any republican I have talked to who say they like Romney only mention stuff like 'well he just looks presidential' and 'I dont really know all that much about him, I just know I like some of the stuff I have herd him say'

anyone I have talked to who do know anything about Romneys past think he's a joke who will say whatever it takes to get elected.

My Govener though is no ignoramous, he's as deep into being informed on politics as anyone so he knows Romneys past and yet he called him 'consistant'.

but you see, Macdonald has been preping the talking points for endorsing a candidate for some time to go toward a Governor. endorsing Romney is basically his political savy way of endorsing himself for president in the future or vice president running mate and its also his way of promoting republican governors. back when Huntsman was still in the race and Bob Macdonald was asked about who he endorsed he said
"...obviously I am partial to Governors I think they make pretty good presidents, I also think Virginians make pretty good presidents too, 8 of them have come from our state in the past, But I'm not running...."
He was asked directly about who he favored between the three Governors in the race at the time, Huntsman, Perry, and Romney, and he would not indicate a preferred one even though they have some diverse flavors of conservationism from those picks to choose from. all he would do is indicate the background of being a Governor preparing you to be president.

Because Romney is the only Governor right now running is the only reason he's got Macdonalds endorsement. It helps Macdonald talk about Republican governors which he is pushing for hard now across the nation (hopefully not distracting him from his job here in Virgina) since that's one of his new responsibilities as chair of the republican governors association.

So I don't think its a stretch to say if (hypothetically) the Governor factor was not a issue on the table, Romney's only experience was with the private sector and the Olympics, My governor would be backing Santorum.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 9:36:52 AM
The governor will vote Romney. I just spoke with him on Thursday, and he likes Romney. As governor, he believes that the office of governor preps a person best for POTUS.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 10:22:55 AM
Don't worry my friend Rick Santorum passed Gingrich in the RCP average, and is the front runner in a recent PP(D) poll.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 10:35:59 AM
I thought the governor leader of the Republicans was Haley Barbour.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 10:37:10 AM
At 2/11/2012 10:35:59 AM, 1Historygenius wrote:
I thought the governor leader of the Republicans was Haley Barbour.

Nevermind I checked the RGA website.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...