Total Posts:126|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Mitt Romney

000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 4:27:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Am I the only one that finds Mitt Romney extremely infuriating?

He has no ideology, no position, no substance, yet millions are rallying behind him. Mitt Romney has flipped on nearly everything he asserts with false conviction: Abortion, immigration, tax cuts, campaign finance reform, gun rights, Universal Health Care, Climate Change, Don't Ask Don't Tell, Gay Marriage, Stem Cell Research....and I'm just reading down the list here (http://www.scribd.com...).

His speeches are flat, patriotic ramblings that have little to do with the issues at hand. He spends the majority of his air time bloating his retorts with enough "America is Great" "I am Republican" and "Long Live Conservatism" as possible. At the very least Ron Paul is a firm Libertarian that will fight for Libertarian ideals. Rick Santorum is a classic evangelist that will fight for his perceptions of the state's role in society, Newt Gingrich, while also hypocritical, is at least legitimately and consistently Conservative. Mitt Romney has nothing.

When he speaks, he desperately panders and pleads with his vacuous platitudes and applause lines that give him an undeserved sense of approval. He attacks Obama as often as possible, even when it makes absolutely no sense.

The national stage should be a battle of ideologies, a fight between people and their perceptions of what's best for this nation. Not one vitriolic war for who can coax the public most efficiently and effectively. The only reason why so many support him is because he's the only that gives a remotely presidential air. Otherwise, he has nothing. He just wants to be able to say "yes, now I'm president my life is fulfilled." Why is this man even a consideration for the presidency, not to talk of being the front runner?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 4:29:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Because he is 1) Successful 2) knows what he is talking about and 3) can almost certainly can do a better job than Obama.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 4:31:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/11/2012 4:29:29 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Because he is 1) Successful

yep

2) knows what he is talking about and

eh... sometimes. Santorum and huntsman and newt have all slaughtered him before, paul even has too!

3) can almost certainly can do a better job than Obama.

Maybe, mitt is liberal too.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 4:32:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/11/2012 4:29:29 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Because he is 1) Successful 2) knows what he is talking about and 3) can almost certainly can do a better job than Obama.

did you read what I wrote, or skim to the last question and answer it?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 4:33:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/11/2012 4:32:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 2/11/2012 4:29:29 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Because he is 1) Successful 2) knows what he is talking about and 3) can almost certainly can do a better job than Obama.

did you read what I wrote, or skim to the last question and answer it?

All I saw was a lot of opinion.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 4:34:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/11/2012 4:27:32 PM, 000ike wrote:
Am I the only one that finds Mitt Romney extremely infuriating?

He has no ideology, no position, no substance, yet millions are rallying behind him. Mitt Romney has flipped on nearly everything he asserts with false conviction: Abortion, immigration, tax cuts, campaign finance reform, gun rights, Universal Health Care, Climate Change, Don't Ask Don't Tell, Gay Marriage, Stem Cell Research....and I'm just reading down the list here (http://www.scribd.com...).


agreed

His speeches are flat, patriotic ramblings that have little to do with the issues at hand. He spends the majority of his air time bloating his retorts with enough "America is Great" "I am Republican" and "Long Live Conservatism" as possible. At the very least Ron Paul is a firm Libertarian that will fight for Libertarian ideals. Rick Santorum is a classic evangelist that will fight for his perceptions of the state's role in society, Newt Gingrich, while also hypocritical, is at least legitimately and consistently Conservative. Mitt Romney has nothing.

Santorum is the most conservatives is getting major endorsements, and getting praise from conservative leaders. (Go to his site if you want a source). Yeah mitt sucks though.

When he speaks, he desperately panders and pleads with his vacuous platitudes and applause lines that give him an undeserved sense of approval. He attacks Obama as often as possible, even when it makes absolutely no sense.


agreed, although his criticisms are often correct, but often open him up to more attacks, and make him look dumb. Also some of his criticisms show Hippocratic as he framed obama for flip flopping, really mitt?

The national stage should be a battle of ideologies, a fight between people and their perceptions of what's best for this nation. Not one vitriolic war for who can coax the public most efficiently and effectively. The only reason why so many support him is because he's the only that gives a remotely presidential air. Otherwise, he has nothing. He just wants to be able to say "yes, now I'm president my life is fulfilled." Why is this man even a consideration for the presidency, not to talk of being the front runner?

bravo, great ending.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 4:48:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
As someone said before, if not for the actual presidency, a good reason to support Paul would be to have actual debates between him and Obama. They have extremely different political views--and regardless of how opinions sway, that would be exemplary of what a presidential debate is supposed to be. A debate between Obama and anyone else (including Nute Gunray) would just be a who-loves-America-more contest.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 4:59:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/11/2012 4:27:32 PM, 000ike wrote:
Am I the only one that finds Mitt Romney extremely infuriating?

He has no ideology, no position, no substance, yet millions are rallying behind him. Mitt Romney has flipped on nearly everything he asserts with false conviction: Abortion, immigration, tax cuts, campaign finance reform, gun rights, Universal Health Care, Climate Change, Don't Ask Don't Tell, Gay Marriage, Stem Cell Research....and I'm just reading down the list here (http://www.scribd.com...).

His speeches are flat, patriotic ramblings that have little to do with the issues at hand. He spends the majority of his air time bloating his retorts with enough "America is Great" "I am Republican" and "Long Live Conservatism" as possible. At the very least Ron Paul is a firm Libertarian that will fight for Libertarian ideals. Rick Santorum is a classic evangelist that will fight for his perceptions of the state's role in society, Newt Gingrich, while also hypocritical, is at least legitimately and consistently Conservative. Mitt Romney has nothing.

When he speaks, he desperately panders and pleads with his vacuous platitudes and applause lines that give him an undeserved sense of approval. He attacks Obama as often as possible, even when it makes absolutely no sense.

The national stage should be a battle of ideologies, a fight between people and their perceptions of what's best for this nation. Not one vitriolic war for who can coax the public most efficiently and effectively. The only reason why so many support him is because he's the only that gives a remotely presidential air. Otherwise, he has nothing. He just wants to be able to say "yes, now I'm president my life is fulfilled." Why is this man even a consideration for the presidency, not to talk of being the front runner?

I totally understand where you're coming from. It's so absurd that so many people support him for hardly any good reason aside from his apparent "electability". The funniest part is that most of his supporters are aware of his flip-flopping but they just don't seem to care. When a candidate like Mitt Romney can be a frontrunner, it just shows that the Republican electorate will be satisfied with anyone aside from Barack Obama, no matter how similar their policies may be. These are the people that would gladly support a 3rd term of GWB, as long as a Republican's in the white house. Because they truly think any Republican is better than Obama just because he or she is a Republican. It's blind partisan politics at its worst, if you ask me.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 5:17:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/11/2012 4:59:11 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 2/11/2012 4:27:32 PM, 000ike wrote:
Am I the only one that finds Mitt Romney extremely infuriating?

He has no ideology, no position, no substance, yet millions are rallying behind him. Mitt Romney has flipped on nearly everything he asserts with false conviction: Abortion, immigration, tax cuts, campaign finance reform, gun rights, Universal Health Care, Climate Change, Don't Ask Don't Tell, Gay Marriage, Stem Cell Research....and I'm just reading down the list here (http://www.scribd.com...).

His speeches are flat, patriotic ramblings that have little to do with the issues at hand. He spends the majority of his air time bloating his retorts with enough "America is Great" "I am Republican" and "Long Live Conservatism" as possible. At the very least Ron Paul is a firm Libertarian that will fight for Libertarian ideals. Rick Santorum is a classic evangelist that will fight for his perceptions of the state's role in society, Newt Gingrich, while also hypocritical, is at least legitimately and consistently Conservative. Mitt Romney has nothing.

When he speaks, he desperately panders and pleads with his vacuous platitudes and applause lines that give him an undeserved sense of approval. He attacks Obama as often as possible, even when it makes absolutely no sense.

The national stage should be a battle of ideologies, a fight between people and their perceptions of what's best for this nation. Not one vitriolic war for who can coax the public most efficiently and effectively. The only reason why so many support him is because he's the only that gives a remotely presidential air. Otherwise, he has nothing. He just wants to be able to say "yes, now I'm president my life is fulfilled." Why is this man even a consideration for the presidency, not to talk of being the front runner?

I totally understand where you're coming from. It's so absurd that so many people support him for hardly any good reason aside from his apparent "electability". The funniest part is that most of his supporters are aware of his flip-flopping but they just don't seem to care. When a candidate like Mitt Romney can be a frontrunner, it just shows that the Republican electorate will be satisfied with anyone aside from Barack Obama, no matter how similar their policies may be. These are the people that would gladly support a 3rd term of GWB, as long as a Republican's in the white house. Because they truly think any Republican is better than Obama just because he or she is a Republican. It's blind partisan politics at its worst, if you ask me.

I'd support another GWB any day over Obama, or Paul.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 6:12:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/11/2012 5:37:03 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Romney is not much better than Obama, he won't be able to do anything to stop the rising debt.

Nothing other than reduce spending, create a better economic environment(= more jobs = more taxes)
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 8:18:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mitt Romney has been more consistent than most give him credit for... this is him in 1994. He was actually pretty conservative back then too.
President of DDO
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 8:20:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At least he's not Barack Obama. I can't stand the way he presents himself.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 8:34:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Obama < Any of the Republican Candidates currently (Yes, even Paul, but just barely)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 8:37:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 8:20:52 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At least he's not Barack Obama. I can't stand the way he presents himself.

"at least he's not Obama"...Your party is about to collapse. Republicans are more concerned with getting Obama out of office than actually helping this country. They aren't even discrete about it,...I believe either Mitch McConnell or Eric Cantor said that "our number one priority is making Obama a 1-term president." Some of you won't even call him PRESIDENT Obama, you call him "that guy" or "him" or just "Obama" at your most respectful. Instead of realizing that we're in an economic crisis and you need to cooperate, you filibuster bills and threaten to shut down the government, and when the president extends his arm MORE than half way for compromise, you complain and drag your feets. Your party accuses him of being born in a different country for Christ's sake,...and for the few of you that appear to be rational, you sit quietly and say nothing when people insult OUR president in such a way.

Is this a race issue? Is it? Because I've never seen this kind of hostility before in the history of this country. The very basic respect is lost, and the most you can say when you see a band of fools is "at least they aren't Obama." So partisan and divisive.

Americans are catching on, the fair minded, the moderates, the independents,..they're watching your party's actions, and the acerbic slander emanating from their presidential candidates. We need to change Washington politics, not through some legislation, but in the minds of people who think like you.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 8:40:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 8:37:02 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 2/12/2012 8:20:52 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At least he's not Barack Obama. I can't stand the way he presents himself.

"at least he's not Obama"...Your party is about to collapse. Republicans are more concerned with getting Obama out of office than actually helping this country. They aren't even discrete about it,...I believe either Mitch McConnell or Eric Cantor said that "our number one priority is making Obama a 1-term president." Some of you won't even call him PRESIDENT Obama, you call him "that guy" or "him" or just "Obama" at your most respectful. Instead of realizing that we're in an economic crisis and you need to cooperate, you filibuster bills and threaten to shut down the government, and when the president extends his arm MORE than half way for compromise, you complain and drag your feets. Your party accuses him of being born in a different country for Christ's sake,...and for the few of you that appear to be rational, you sit quietly and say nothing when people insult OUR president in such a way.

Is this a race issue? Is it? Because I've never seen this kind of hostility before in the history of this country. The very basic respect is lost, and the most you can say when you see a band of fools is "at least they aren't Obama." So partisan and divisive.

Americans are catching on, the fair minded, the moderates, the independents,..they're watching your party's actions, and the acerbic slander emanating from their presidential candidates. We need to change Washington politics, not through some legislation, but in the minds of people who think like you.

Maybe the best way to help this country is to get Obama out of office.

The guy is ruining this country.

He doesn't understand basic economics, subscribes to radical left wing philosophies, and couldn't lead a colony of ants.

Republicans are only voting against things that would do a lot of harm. Stopping harm is a good thing.

It wasn't Republicans who exploded the debt, ruined the Health Care system, and created the recession... Democrats did all of those things.
President of DDO
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 8:47:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 8:40:41 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 2/12/2012 8:37:02 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 2/12/2012 8:20:52 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At least he's not Barack Obama. I can't stand the way he presents himself.

"at least he's not Obama"...Your party is about to collapse. Republicans are more concerned with getting Obama out of office than actually helping this country. They aren't even discrete about it,...I believe either Mitch McConnell or Eric Cantor said that "our number one priority is making Obama a 1-term president." Some of you won't even call him PRESIDENT Obama, you call him "that guy" or "him" or just "Obama" at your most respectful. Instead of realizing that we're in an economic crisis and you need to cooperate, you filibuster bills and threaten to shut down the government, and when the president extends his arm MORE than half way for compromise, you complain and drag your feets. Your party accuses him of being born in a different country for Christ's sake,...and for the few of you that appear to be rational, you sit quietly and say nothing when people insult OUR president in such a way.

Is this a race issue? Is it? Because I've never seen this kind of hostility before in the history of this country. The very basic respect is lost, and the most you can say when you see a band of fools is "at least they aren't Obama." So partisan and divisive.

Americans are catching on, the fair minded, the moderates, the independents,..they're watching your party's actions, and the acerbic slander emanating from their presidential candidates. We need to change Washington politics, not through some legislation, but in the minds of people who think like you.


Maybe the best way to help this country is to get Obama out of office.

The guy is ruining this country.

He doesn't understand basic economics, subscribes to radical left wing philosophies, and couldn't lead a colony of ants.

Republicans are only voting against things that would do a lot of harm. Stopping harm is a good thing.

It wasn't Republicans who exploded the debt, ruined the Health Care system, and created the recession... Democrats did all of those things.

Do you honestly believe that at this point there's any significant distinction between Republicans and Democrats? They squabble over details sure, but when you get down to it both parties are big government, big spending, and interventionist.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 8:51:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 8:37:02 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 2/12/2012 8:20:52 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At least he's not Barack Obama. I can't stand the way he presents himself.

"at least he's not Obama"...Your party is about to collapse.

My party?

Some of you won't even call him PRESIDENT Obama, you call him "that guy" or "him" or just "Obama" at your most respectful.

I'm not one to pay much respect to scoundrels. This is especially true of mass-murdering scoundrels.

Is this a race issue? Is it? Because I've never seen this kind of hostility before in the history of this country.

Well, you are only 15. Are you familiar with Nineteenth Century American politics? I assure you it was exponentially nastier. You ain't seen nothing.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 8:54:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 9:29:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 8:37:02 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 2/12/2012 8:20:52 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At least he's not Barack Obama. I can't stand the way he presents himself.

"at least he's not Obama"...Your party is about to collapse. Republicans are more concerned with getting Obama out of office than actually helping this country. They aren't even discrete about it,...I believe either Mitch McConnell or Eric Cantor said that "our number one priority is making Obama a 1-term president." Some of you won't even call him PRESIDENT Obama, you call him "that guy" or "him" or just "Obama" at your most respectful. Instead of realizing that we're in an economic crisis and you need to cooperate, you filibuster bills and threaten to shut down the government, and when the president extends his arm MORE than half way for compromise, you complain and drag your feets. Your party accuses him of being born in a different country for Christ's sake,...and for the few of you that appear to be rational, you sit quietly and say nothing when people insult OUR president in such a way.

Is this a race issue? Is it? Because I've never seen this kind of hostility before in the history of this country. The very basic respect is lost, and the most you can say when you see a band of fools is "at least they aren't Obama." So partisan and divisive.

Americans are catching on, the fair minded, the moderates, the independents,..they're watching your party's actions, and the acerbic slander emanating from their presidential candidates. We need to change Washington politics, not through some legislation, but in the minds of people who think like you.

What about the Democrats' actions?

One would be a complete fool to believe that only one party is actually partisan.

In the 2008 election, the mentality (ESPECIALLY from Democrats) was to support the Not-Republicans. In this election, the Republicans have the same mentality, but switched.

Both major parties have their supporters fooled into thinking that they're somehow inherently better than the other--when in reality it's that exact mentality that is sending us to Hell in a handcart.

As for President Obama, he's just another politician desperately trying to hold onto power which will, once again, be put to poor use. He had us believe in 08 he could fix the economy, and even said in a pre-Super Bowl interview just TEN days after inauguration that if he failed, he should not be reelected. And what did he say at this year's interview? He should be reelected, because if we give him the Presidency for four more years, he's totally going to get sh1t done. You can whine all you like about the Republican house all you like--Obama at least has the Senate with him. Bush had both houses opposing him (the Senate against him for 4 years). Obama said that "Our Founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change than I would like sometimes." However, that was no mistake; this was to prevent tyrannical rule, and if his policies weren't up to snuff for Congress, the most direct conduit of the people, then they shouldn't be enacted. But that still isn't an excuse for not fixing the economy as he promised; in fact, his policies failing to get through the most direct conduit of the people are an indicator that he should be removed.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:07:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 9:29:10 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
You can whine all you like about the Republican house all you like--Obama at least has the Senate with him. Bush had both houses opposing him (the Senate against him for 4 years).

I hope you're talking about Bush Senior, otherwise this sort of discredited an entire post I was starting to agree with...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:22:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 10:07:45 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 2/12/2012 9:29:10 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
You can whine all you like about the Republican house all you like--Obama at least has the Senate with him. Bush had both houses opposing him (the Senate against him for 4 years).

I hope you're talking about Bush Senior, otherwise this sort of discredited an entire post I was starting to agree with...

Thought the same thing, but I doubted myself about it. How did Bush receive opposition from the House and Senate, the Republicans controlled Congress until 2007/08....DN, how can you say the situation is the same?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 9:03:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 8:37:02 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 2/12/2012 8:20:52 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At least he's not Barack Obama. I can't stand the way he presents himself.


Is this a race issue? Is it? Because I've never seen this kind of hostility before in the history of this country. The very basic respect is lost, and the most you can say when you see a band of fools is "at least they aren't Obama." So partisan and divisive.

Like Reasoning said, THIS IS NOTHING.

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps we just despise his policies, and are mad at him for burdening our futures?

But, no the great Messiah Obama can do no wrong, so that can't be it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 3:57:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Spot on criticism of Romney, though I could probably come up with equally condemning criticisms of all the candidates except Paul.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 4:26:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 10:22:27 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 2/12/2012 10:07:45 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 2/12/2012 9:29:10 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
You can whine all you like about the Republican house all you like--Obama at least has the Senate with him. Bush had both houses opposing him (the Senate against him for 4 years).

I hope you're talking about Bush Senior, otherwise this sort of discredited an entire post I was starting to agree with...

Thought the same thing, but I doubted myself about it. How did Bush receive opposition from the House and Senate, the Republicans controlled Congress until 2007/08....DN, how can you say the situation is the same?

False. In the 2006 elections, Democrats won BOTH houses of Congress.

And between 2000-2002, the Senate began with and ended up with a Democratic majority.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 4:42:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 4:26:19 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 2/12/2012 10:22:27 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 2/12/2012 10:07:45 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 2/12/2012 9:29:10 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
You can whine all you like about the Republican house all you like--Obama at least has the Senate with him. Bush had both houses opposing him (the Senate against him for 4 years).

I hope you're talking about Bush Senior, otherwise this sort of discredited an entire post I was starting to agree with...

Thought the same thing, but I doubted myself about it. How did Bush receive opposition from the House and Senate, the Republicans controlled Congress until 2007/08....DN, how can you say the situation is the same?

False. In the 2006 elections, Democrats won BOTH houses of Congress.

And between 2000-2002, the Senate began with and ended up with a Democratic majority.

Wrong again. The Senate was controlled by the GOP for 4 years during Bush, and the House was controlled by them for 6 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

I would be willing to debate you on this claim, with the resolution that from 20th-21st century American politics, democratic policies were minimally different from republican policies. This is just plain untrue.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault