Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

Ameritopia

ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 8:50:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This book Ameritopia by Mark Levin is fantastic!

If you think the government is out of control and the country is on the wrong track this book is a great read!

Mark Levin is simply wonderful, it's deep, well thought out and relevant.

I recommend it highly.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 9:26:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I got it, but haven't read it yet. I think I shall now.

The Bunker FTW!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 9:28:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 8:50:46 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
This book Ameritopia by Mark Levin is fantastic!

If you think the government is out of control and the country is on the wrong track this book is a great read!

Mark Levin is simply wonderful, it's deep, well thought out and relevant.

I recommend it highly.
So basically this book is a great read if you are clueless
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 9:29:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 9:28:42 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 2/16/2012 8:50:46 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
This book Ameritopia by Mark Levin is fantastic!

If you think the government is out of control and the country is on the wrong track this book is a great read!

Mark Levin is simply wonderful, it's deep, well thought out and relevant.

I recommend it highly.
So basically this book is a horrible read if you are clueless

Fix'd.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 9:42:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 9:29:29 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/16/2012 9:28:42 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 2/16/2012 8:50:46 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
This book Ameritopia by Mark Levin is fantastic!

If you think the government is out of control and the country is on the wrong track this book is a great read!

Mark Levin is simply wonderful, it's deep, well thought out and relevant.

I recommend it highly.
So basically this book is a horrible read if you are clueless

Fix'd.
After the biggest banking crises ever occurred due to deregulation only a dumbass would the conclude that governments the problem. Are you a dumbass?
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 10:47:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
For you Starcraft, I will always be a dumb@$$.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 10:50:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Levin was pwned by Tom Woods: http://www.tomwoods.com...
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 10:56:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 9:26:35 PM, OberHerr wrote:
I got it, but haven't read it yet. I think I shall now.


The Bunker FTW!

Yes indeed.

You should. It's great.
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 10:57:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 10:47:13 PM, OberHerr wrote:
For you Starcraft, I will always be a dumb@$$.

That is because you chose to be a dumbass
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 11:24:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 10:56:26 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/16/2012 10:50:56 PM, mongoose wrote:
Levin was pwned by Tom Woods: http://www.tomwoods.com...

from tomwoods.com lol

not the best source for that is it?

If you notice, he sources both his and Levin's arguments. You can read them both. I did, and came to the conclusion that Woods won. The source has everything.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 11:36:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 11:24:43 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 2/16/2012 10:56:26 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/16/2012 10:50:56 PM, mongoose wrote:
Levin was pwned by Tom Woods: http://www.tomwoods.com...

from tomwoods.com lol

not the best source for that is it?

If you notice, he sources both his and Levin's arguments. You can read them both. I did, and came to the conclusion that Woods won. The source has everything.

Yeah I saw that after I posted.

Anyways, I still love Mark Levin.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 12:42:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 9:42:24 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 2/16/2012 9:29:29 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/16/2012 9:28:42 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 2/16/2012 8:50:46 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
This book Ameritopia by Mark Levin is fantastic!

If you think the government is out of control and the country is on the wrong track this book is a great read!

Mark Levin is simply wonderful, it's deep, well thought out and relevant.

I recommend it highly.
So basically this book is a horrible read if you are clueless

Fix'd.
After the biggest banking crises ever occurred due to deregulation only a dumbass would the conclude that governments the problem. Are you a dumbass?

one could argue regulation and the treasury department caused it.
http://www.theatlantic.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 2:43:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 9:42:24 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
After the biggest banking crises ever occurred due to deregulation only a dumbass would the conclude that governments the problem. Are you a dumbass?

Are you really sure that the people whose regulation protected us against Bernie Madoff could run the entire banking system?
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 4:54:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/17/2012 2:43:22 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 2/16/2012 9:42:24 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
After the biggest banking crises ever occurred due to deregulation only a dumbass would the conclude that governments the problem. Are you a dumbass?

Are you really sure that the people whose regulation protected us against Bernie Madoff could run the entire banking system?

They did it for 70 years (1930-2000) before conservatives deregulated.
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 4:59:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/17/2012 12:42:17 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/16/2012 9:42:24 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 2/16/2012 9:29:29 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/16/2012 9:28:42 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 2/16/2012 8:50:46 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
This book Ameritopia by Mark Levin is fantastic!

If you think the government is out of control and the country is on the wrong track this book is a great read!

Mark Levin is simply wonderful, it's deep, well thought out and relevant.

I recommend it highly.
So basically this book is a horrible read if you are clueless

Fix'd.
After the biggest banking crises ever occurred due to deregulation only a dumbass would the conclude that governments the problem. Are you a dumbass?

one could argue regulation and the treasury department caused it.
http://www.theatlantic.com...
LOL so according to you regulation caused the crisis because conservatives reformed certain regulations. Did you even bother to read the source or did you hope that I wouldn't read it?
Hell in the 8h paragraph your source goes on to say it wasn't the fault of regulations.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 5:28:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/17/2012 4:59:56 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 2/17/2012 12:42:17 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/16/2012 9:42:24 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 2/16/2012 9:29:29 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/16/2012 9:28:42 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 2/16/2012 8:50:46 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
This book Ameritopia by Mark Levin is fantastic!

If you think the government is out of control and the country is on the wrong track this book is a great read!

Mark Levin is simply wonderful, it's deep, well thought out and relevant.

I recommend it highly.
So basically this book is a horrible read if you are clueless

Fix'd.
After the biggest banking crises ever occurred due to deregulation only a dumbass would the conclude that governments the problem. Are you a dumbass?

one could argue regulation and the treasury department caused it.
http://www.theatlantic.com...
LOL so according to you regulation caused the crisis because conservatives reformed certain regulations. Did you even bother to read the source or did you hope that I wouldn't read it?
Hell in the 8h paragraph your source goes on to say it wasn't the fault of regulations.

As we know, the reason the economy died was because of the banks. Fannie mae is a goverment funded company meant to secure mortgage.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Freddie mac is the same.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

In 2004 they entered the loan business. When they exploded because the bank where selling the mortgages, the billions of dollars was now on the governments tab.
http://money.usnews.com...

Now, as the goverment took the tab------> more deficits----->higher taxes----> worse economy, 1 and 2 have happened. Also as they existed the banks said hey lets have risky loans as we keep it for 20 minutes then sell it, no liability. So then when the loans started to fail they exploded. Ending goverment funding = no more fannie and freddie = no more mess. So one could argue the goverment is indirectly responsible.

Also the federal reserve has a lot of power on the economy. The central economy may actually be bad.
http://www.freedomworks.org...

point proven.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 5:44:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/17/2012 5:28:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
In 2004 they[freedie mae and Mac] entered the loan business. When they exploded because the bank where selling the mortgages, the billions of dollars was now on the governments tab.
http://money.usnews.com...
Now, as the goverment took the tab------> more deficits----->higher taxes----> worse economy, 1 and 2 have happened. Also as they existed the banks said hey lets have risky loans as we keep it for 20 minutes then sell it, no liability.
And the reason they could do that is because deregulation allowed them to do it. However the Dodd-Frank bill passed and singed by Obama which almost all republicans opposed makes it so banks cant sell off the whole of their risky loans
At 2/17/2012 5:28:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
So then when the loans started to fail they exploded. Ending goverment funding = no more fannie and freddie = no more mess. So one could argue the goverment is indirectly responsible.
Fannie and Freddie were not reasonable for the massive amounts of crappy loans that caused the crisis; in fact due to government regulations that only applied to Fannie and Freddie they were not legally allowed to make many of the types of loans that caused the crisis.
http://thelonggoodbye.wordpress.com...
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com...

At 2/17/2012 5:28:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Also the federal reserve has a lot of power on the economy. The central economy may actually be bad.
http://www.freedomworks.org...
Your source is inaccurate and bogus.
1) Before the FED there was rampant deflation amongst periods of massive inflation.
http://en.wikipedia.org...
2) Before the FED America experienced a depression every decade
http://butnowyouknow.net...
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 5:49:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I dont trust books made by die hard conservative radio talk show hosts, whose other books include
"Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto"
and
"Men In Black: How The Supreme Court is Destroying America"

If you like this author, your a die hard conservative and your the only type of person he is preaching too. If you dont like him your probably slightly liberal
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 5:51:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/17/2012 5:44:58 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 2/17/2012 5:28:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
In 2004 they[freedie mae and Mac] entered the loan business. When they exploded because the bank where selling the mortgages, the billions of dollars was now on the governments tab.
http://money.usnews.com...
Now, as the goverment took the tab------> more deficits----->higher taxes----> worse economy, 1 and 2 have happened. Also as they existed the banks said hey lets have risky loans as we keep it for 20 minutes then sell it, no liability.
And the reason they could do that is because deregulation allowed them to do it. However the Dodd-Frank bill passed and singed by Obama which almost all republicans opposed makes it so banks cant sell off the whole of their risky loans
At 2/17/2012 5:28:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
So then when the loans started to fail they exploded. Ending goverment funding = no more fannie and freddie = no more mess. So one could argue the goverment is indirectly responsible.
Fannie and Freddie were not reasonable for the massive amounts of crappy loans that caused the crisis; in fact due to government regulations that only applied to Fannie and Freddie they were not legally allowed to make many of the types of loans that caused the crisis.
http://thelonggoodbye.wordpress.com...
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com...

At 2/17/2012 5:28:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Also the federal reserve has a lot of power on the economy. The central economy may actually be bad.
http://www.freedomworks.org...
Your source is inaccurate and bogus.
1) Before the FED there was rampant deflation amongst periods of massive inflation.
http://en.wikipedia.org...
2) Before the FED America experienced a depression every decade
http://butnowyouknow.net...

I a not gonna refute you as I feel no need t press an effort :P. But you say I use a bad blog, says the guy who uses krugman blogs...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 5:56:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/17/2012 5:51:21 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/17/2012 5:44:58 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 2/17/2012 5:28:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
In 2004 they[freedie mae and Mac] entered the loan business. When they exploded because the bank where selling the mortgages, the billions of dollars was now on the governments tab.
http://money.usnews.com...
Now, as the goverment took the tab------> more deficits----->higher taxes----> worse economy, 1 and 2 have happened. Also as they existed the banks said hey lets have risky loans as we keep it for 20 minutes then sell it, no liability.
And the reason they could do that is because deregulation allowed them to do it. However the Dodd-Frank bill passed and singed by Obama which almost all republicans opposed makes it so banks cant sell off the whole of their risky loans
At 2/17/2012 5:28:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
So then when the loans started to fail they exploded. Ending goverment funding = no more fannie and freddie = no more mess. So one could argue the goverment is indirectly responsible.
Fannie and Freddie were not reasonable for the massive amounts of crappy loans that caused the crisis; in fact due to government regulations that only applied to Fannie and Freddie they were not legally allowed to make many of the types of loans that caused the crisis.
http://thelonggoodbye.wordpress.com...
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com...

At 2/17/2012 5:28:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Also the federal reserve has a lot of power on the economy. The central economy may actually be bad.
http://www.freedomworks.org...
Your source is inaccurate and bogus.
1) Before the FED there was rampant deflation amongst periods of massive inflation.
http://en.wikipedia.org...
2) Before the FED America experienced a depression every decade
http://butnowyouknow.net...

I a not gonna refute you as I feel no need t press an effort :P. But you say I use a bad blog, says the guy who uses krugman blogs...
Notice how I am able to prove that your sources are incorrect, wrong and stupid and all you can do is say that my sources are bad.
Also every sees through your "I wont responsed because I feel no need to," as being "I'm a stubborn tool who just got owned, so now I'm going to go sulk away in order to not make even ore of a fool of my self."
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 6:15:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/17/2012 5:56:49 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 2/17/2012 5:51:21 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/17/2012 5:44:58 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 2/17/2012 5:28:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
In 2004 they[freedie mae and Mac] entered the loan business. When they exploded because the bank where selling the mortgages, the billions of dollars was now on the governments tab.
http://money.usnews.com...
Now, as the goverment took the tab------> more deficits----->higher taxes----> worse economy, 1 and 2 have happened. Also as they existed the banks said hey lets have risky loans as we keep it for 20 minutes then sell it, no liability.
And the reason they could do that is because deregulation allowed them to do it. However the Dodd-Frank bill passed and singed by Obama which almost all republicans opposed makes it so banks cant sell off the whole of their risky loans
At 2/17/2012 5:28:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
So then when the loans started to fail they exploded. Ending goverment funding = no more fannie and freddie = no more mess. So one could argue the goverment is indirectly responsible.
Fannie and Freddie were not reasonable for the massive amounts of crappy loans that caused the crisis; in fact due to government regulations that only applied to Fannie and Freddie they were not legally allowed to make many of the types of loans that caused the crisis.
http://thelonggoodbye.wordpress.com...
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com...

At 2/17/2012 5:28:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Also the federal reserve has a lot of power on the economy. The central economy may actually be bad.
http://www.freedomworks.org...
Your source is inaccurate and bogus.
1) Before the FED there was rampant deflation amongst periods of massive inflation.
http://en.wikipedia.org...
2) Before the FED America experienced a depression every decade
http://butnowyouknow.net...

I a not gonna refute you as I feel no need t press an effort :P. But you say I use a bad blog, says the guy who uses krugman blogs...
Notice how I am able to prove that your sources are incorrect, wrong and stupid and all you can do is say that my sources are bad.
Also every sees through your "I wont responsed because I feel no need to," as being "I'm a stubborn tool who just got owned, so now I'm going to go sulk away in order to not make even ore of a fool of my self."

This is why http://www.debate.org...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 6:39:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/17/2012 6:15:02 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/17/2012 5:56:49 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 2/17/2012 5:51:21 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/17/2012 5:44:58 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 2/17/2012 5:28:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
In 2004 they[freedie mae and Mac] entered the loan business. When they exploded because the bank where selling the mortgages, the billions of dollars was now on the governments tab.
http://money.usnews.com...
Now, as the goverment took the tab------> more deficits----->higher taxes----> worse economy, 1 and 2 have happened. Also as they existed the banks said hey lets have risky loans as we keep it for 20 minutes then sell it, no liability.
And the reason they could do that is because deregulation allowed them to do it. However the Dodd-Frank bill passed and singed by Obama which almost all republicans opposed makes it so banks cant sell off the whole of their risky loans
At 2/17/2012 5:28:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
So then when the loans started to fail they exploded. Ending goverment funding = no more fannie and freddie = no more mess. So one could argue the goverment is indirectly responsible.
Fannie and Freddie were not reasonable for the massive amounts of crappy loans that caused the crisis; in fact due to government regulations that only applied to Fannie and Freddie they were not legally allowed to make many of the types of loans that caused the crisis.
http://thelonggoodbye.wordpress.com...
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com...

At 2/17/2012 5:28:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Also the federal reserve has a lot of power on the economy. The central economy may actually be bad.
http://www.freedomworks.org...
Your source is inaccurate and bogus.
1) Before the FED there was rampant deflation amongst periods of massive inflation.
http://en.wikipedia.org...
2) Before the FED America experienced a depression every decade
http://butnowyouknow.net...

I a not gonna refute you as I feel no need t press an effort :P. But you say I use a bad blog, says the guy who uses krugman blogs...
Notice how I am able to prove that your sources are incorrect, wrong and stupid and all you can do is say that my sources are bad.
Also every sees through your "I wont responsed because I feel no need to," as being "I'm a stubborn tool who just got owned, so now I'm going to go sulk away in order to not make even ore of a fool of my self."

This is why http://www.debate.org...

So you're an idiot because of that?
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 6:44:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Dont feed the troll Alexander...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 6:51:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/17/2012 6:44:24 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Dont feed the troll Alexander...

I thought you weren't going to respond to me? Wait I get it you're not going to respond with acutely intelligence instead you'll stick to what Republicans do best one liners devoid of reality... Though I admit its hard for your post to get any stupider