Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

This is Pretty Dumb

wingalbrave
Posts: 201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 11:01:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Joe gets up at 6:00 AM to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for minimum water quality standards. He takes his daily medication with his first swallow of coffee. His medications are safe to take because some liberal fought to insure their safety and work as advertised.

All but $10.00 of his medications are paid for by his employers medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance, now Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs this day. Joe's bacon is safe to eat because some liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

Joe takes his morning shower reaching for his shampoo; His bottle is properly labeled with every ingredient and the amount of its contents because some liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some tree hugging liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air. He walks to the subway station for his government subsidized ride to work; it saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees. You see, some liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Joe begins his work day; he has a good job with excellent pay, medicals benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe's employer pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union. If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some liberal didn't think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

It's noon time, Joe needs to make a Bank Deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae underwritten Mortgage and his below market federal student loan because some stupid liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his life-time.

Joe is home from work, he plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive to dad's; his car is among the safest in the world because some liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. He was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electric until some big government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification. (Those rural Republicans would still be sitting in the dark.)

He is happy to see his dad who is now retired. His dad lives on Social Security and his union pension because some liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.

After his visit with dad he gets back in his car for the ride home.

He turns on a radio talk show. The host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. (He doesn't tell Joe that his beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day)

Joe agrees. "We don't need those big government liberals ruining our lives; after all, I'm a self made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."
Mimshot
Posts: 275
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 11:08:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
FHA stands for Federal Housing Administration not Farmers Home Adiministration. Are you thinking of the USDA's Rural Housing Service?
Mimshot: I support the 1956 Republican platform
DDMx: So, you're a socialist?
Mimshot: Yes
wingalbrave
Posts: 201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 11:14:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 11:08:07 PM, Mimshot wrote:
FHA stands for Federal Housing Administration not Farmers Home Adiministration. Are you thinking of the USDA's Rural Housing Service?

I did not write this. I found this idiotic story on some website.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 11:22:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 11:16:13 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
Republicans and conservatives hate reality they're stupid tools who have IQ's around 50.

What an extremely well-reasoned argument. I'll try to think of a counter.

Democrats and liberals hate reality they're stupid tools who have IQ's around 50.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 12:04:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 11:22:25 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 2/16/2012 11:16:13 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
Republicans and conservatives hate reality they're stupid tools who have IQ's around 50.

What an extremely well-reasoned argument. I'll try to think of a counter.

Democrats and liberals hate reality they're stupid tools who have IQ's around 50.

lol
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 3:37:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 11:14:44 PM, wingalbrave wrote:
At 2/16/2012 11:08:07 PM, Mimshot wrote:
FHA stands for Federal Housing Administration not Farmers Home Adiministration. Are you thinking of the USDA's Rural Housing Service?

I did not write this. I found this idiotic story on some website.

would you like to elaborate on why this is "idiotic" mr agreewitheverythingrepublicanstellmeishouldbelieve?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 4:20:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/17/2012 3:37:30 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 2/16/2012 11:14:44 PM, wingalbrave wrote:
At 2/16/2012 11:08:07 PM, Mimshot wrote:
FHA stands for Federal Housing Administration not Farmers Home Adiministration. Are you thinking of the USDA's Rural Housing Service?

I did not write this. I found this idiotic story on some website.

would you like to elaborate on why this is "idiotic" mr agreewitheverythingrepublicanstellmeishouldbelieve?

It's like telling a communist/liberal the benefits of corporations by demonstrating how everything he/she owns was created via corporations, and therefore that corporations are good.

Also, only the most economically hardcore right-wing person would believe that we should get rid of all government regulations, so its also a massive strawman.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Mimshot
Posts: 275
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 9:32:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's like telling a communist/liberal the benefits of corporations by demonstrating how everything he/she owns was created via corporations, and therefore that corporations are good.
I'm pretty liberal and don't think corporations are evil. But they were created to serve public purposes (e.g., creating an incentive structure for people to work to further economic or technological progress, facilitating the introduction of entrepreneurs and capital, pooling of resources to accomplish larger projects) and when there are incentive structures that undermine public purpose the laws that created corporations should be amended. Your move.

Also, only the most economically hardcore right-wing person would believe that we should get rid of all government regulations, so its also a massive strawman.
Please name a regulation that you would like repealed and "liberals" would like maintained and we can have a real discussion over whether the particular regulation is a good or bad idea.
Mimshot: I support the 1956 Republican platform
DDMx: So, you're a socialist?
Mimshot: Yes
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 10:29:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yes it's dumb, but not any dumber than saying these types of statements:

- Joe woke up today, and didn't get a55-raped by Islamic terrorists because some conservative fought for his freedom. Freedom ain't free, after all.

- Joe wasn't attacked by a zombie-apocalypse of drug-users because some conservative fought to keep our streets free of drugs.

- Joe went to work and had a job because some conservative kept illegal Mexicans from taking his crapshoot of a menial labor job.

- Joe was able to wear blue socks and a red shirt because some conservative fought to keep free market capitalism from collapsing under the weight of the communist forces that seek to control his every move.

- Joe was able to go to church because some conservative stood up for Christian's rights and didn't let the atheists destroy them all.

- Joe was born because some conservative fought to protect him from being aborted.

Don't act like conservatives don't believe thisshit - they do. I see it on bumper stickers and in chain-mail all the time.
Rob
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 10:43:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 11:16:13 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
Republicans and conservatives hate reality they're stupid tools who have IQ's around 50.

That's why most of them are entrepreneurs right?
Me
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 10:47:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/17/2012 10:43:51 AM, yoda878 wrote:
That's why most of them are entrepreneurs right?

Yes... yes, the majority of Republicans are professional entrepreneurs. That's a fact.