Jump to topic:

Newt Gingrich

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 10:24:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm sure this topic is somewhere else and I recognize Gingrich isn't as relevant anymore (thankfully) but I wanted to point out some hilarious and scary things he's said.

Newt Gingrich was someone who had significant power in the Govt. and he said he almost thinks we should allow a terrorist attack to get through to reinforce the fear of being attacked by terrorists. I think this helps support those of us "conspiracy theorists" who think false flag operations by our own Govt. are more than plausible.

This article is just a funny article about "Newt Gingrich's Merry Giraffe Hunters"
http://www.rusbasan.com...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 10:33:44 AM
Newt Gingrich was someone who had significant power in the Govt. and he said he almost thinks we should allow a terrorist attack to get through to reinforce the fear of being attacked by terrorists. I think this helps support those of us "conspiracy theorists" who think false flag operations by our own Govt. are more than plausible.:

More plausibility doesn't insinuate actuality. The fact of the matter is that if you suspect a false flag operation, it's incumbent to prove it, otherwise it's conjecture.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 10:37:49 AM
He should drop out and endorse Rick.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 10:51:12 AM
At 2/19/2012 10:33:44 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Newt Gingrich was someone who had significant power in the Govt. and he said he almost thinks we should allow a terrorist attack to get through to reinforce the fear of being attacked by terrorists. I think this helps support those of us "conspiracy theorists" who think false flag operations by our own Govt. are more than plausible.:

More plausibility doesn't insinuate actuality. The fact of the matter is that if you suspect a false flag operation, it's incumbent to prove it, otherwise it's conjecture.

I wasn't referring to any specific false flag, simply pointing out that it's within the realm of possibilities and can't be dismissed based purely on audacity.

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 12:22:17 PM
At 2/19/2012 12:16:14 PM, jm_notguilty wrote:
At 2/19/2012 10:37:49 AM, 16kadams wrote:

I agree, so should Mitt and Ron.

Cause you like Obama... I love how we agree but for different reasons xD
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 3:10:08 PM

An actual Rick Santorum supporter? I thought they were a thing of legend hah

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 5:26:18 PM
At 2/19/2012 3:10:08 PM, lewis20 wrote:

An actual Rick Santorum supporter? I thought they were a thing of legend hah

no he is the front runner, I supported him when he was at 1.6% though... Also the video does what? I saw it... no effect on me. I watched that live too.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 12:42:33 AM
You liked big government corrupt conservatives before it was cool? hah good for you. I guess if imposing morality on your fellow man is the most important issue to someone this election he's the best choice. I'd go with someone who knows how to fix the economy though.

RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 1:21:37 PM
At 2/19/2012 10:24:40 AM, lewis20 wrote:
I'm sure this topic is somewhere else and I recognize Gingrich isn't as relevant anymore (thankfully) but I wanted to point out some hilarious and scary things he's said.

Gingrich said nothing hilarious or scary. Gringrich said "almost wishes" with the clear meaning that while he obviously did not want such an event to occur, there would have been a benefit in raising awareness of the terrorist threat. The point is not really controversial it's clearly true. Note that Gingrich has written several books that what would happen if certain historical events had played out differently and hat the subsequent result would have been. He speculates about alternative history for a living.

Gingrich's error is his violation of political correctness. Political correctness requires that certain things not be said even if they are true, even obviously true. Saying them is an affront to the liberal gods who determine what is allowed to be said and what is not.

In today's world, speaking one's mind, as Newt does, is a problem because there is an army of critics ready to quote out of context and misinterpret what was said. That's why Obama uses a teleprompter even when speaking to kindergarteners. It's worse for conservatives because liberals have ten times the number of rules for political correctness and because the mainstream media (pretty much every one except Fox) is eager to call a fault of political correctness. Even Fox covers political correctness stories, only Fox gives both sides.

Gingrich needs to recognize the reality and be more careful about what he says. His worst flubs are when he openly muses about some idea that idea that ultimately turns out to be a bummer. Having sat on a sofa with Nancy Pelosi, it's impossible to undo.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 2:12:43 PM
At 2/20/2012 1:21:37 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 2/19/2012 10:24:40 AM, lewis20 wrote:

Gingrich said nothing hilarious or scary. Gringrich said "almost wishes" with the clear meaning that while he obviously did not want such an event to occur, there would have been a benefit in raising awareness of the terrorist threat. The point is not really controversial it's clearly true. Note that Gingrich has written several books that what would happen if certain historical events had played out differently and hat the subsequent result would have been. He speculates about alternative history for a living.

Gingrich's error is his violation of political correctness. Political correctness requires that certain things not be said even if they are true, even obviously true. Saying them is an affront to the liberal gods who determine what is allowed to be said and what is not.

In today's world, speaking one's mind, as Newt does, is a problem because there is an army of critics ready to quote out of context and misinterpret what was said. That's why Obama uses a teleprompter even when speaking to kindergarteners. It's worse for conservatives because liberals have ten times the number of rules for political correctness and because the mainstream media (pretty much every one except Fox) is eager to call a fault of political correctness. Even Fox covers political correctness stories, only Fox gives both sides.

Gingrich needs to recognize the reality and be more careful about what he says. His worst flubs are when he openly muses about some idea that idea that ultimately turns out to be a bummer. Having sat on a sofa with Nancy Pelosi, it's impossible to undo.

I don't see it that way at all, he was being politically correct when he said "almost" I
believe he was clearly stating that he would entertain the idea of allowing terrorist attacks as a "reminder".
He has also stated that he supports covert assassinations against civilian targets in sovereign nations. Which I believe if it occurred here in America we would consider state sponsored terrorism.

"If combat means living in a ditch, females have biological problems staying in a ditch for thirty days because they get infections and they don't have upper body strength. I mean, some do, but they're relatively rare. On the other hand, men are basically little piglets, you drop them in the ditch, they roll around in it, doesn't matter, you know"
"males are biologically driven to go out and hunt giraffes"
That's not hilarious?
Coming from a person who most resembles a piglet and waddles when he walks?

Maybe I'm just too young to understand, but something about the disgustingly fat, obviously incapable of running, Newt Gingrich talking about how men are biologically driven to go out and hunt animals is pretty funny.