Total Posts:154|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Its President's Day: Favorite Presidents?

OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 5:45:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Eisenhower, Bush II, Reagan, and Coolidge.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 5:50:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Top 10 Presidents:

1.) Ronald Reagan

2.) George W Bush

3.) Calvin Coolidge

4.) George Washington

5.) Grover Cleveland

6.) Thomas Jefferson

7.) William Taft

8.) John Adams

9.) Warren Harding

10.) William Mckinley
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 5:54:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
And the 10 Worst Presidents:

1.) Barack Obama

2.) Lyndon Johnson

3.) Franklin Roosevelt

4.) Theodore Roosevelt

5.) Ulysses Grant

6.) Herbert Hoover

7.) Jimmy Carter

8.) Richard Nixon

9.) Woodrow Wilson

10.) James Buchanon
President of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 5:56:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 5:54:46 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
And the 10 Worst Presidents:

1.) Barack Obama

2.) Lyndon Johnson

3.) Franklin Roosevelt

4.) Theodore Roosevelt

5.) Ulysses Grant

6.) Herbert Hoover

7.) Jimmy Carter

8.) Richard Nixon

9.) Woodrow Wilson

10.) James Buchanon

Wilson needs to be moved way up!

Study his Progressive ideals and how he ran our country... it was ridiculous.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 5:58:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 5:56:55 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/20/2012 5:54:46 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
And the 10 Worst Presidents:

1.) Barack Obama

2.) Lyndon Johnson

3.) Franklin Roosevelt

4.) Theodore Roosevelt

5.) Ulysses Grant

6.) Herbert Hoover

7.) Jimmy Carter

8.) Richard Nixon

9.) Woodrow Wilson

10.) James Buchanon

Wilson needs to be moved way up!

Study his Progressive ideals and how he ran our country... it was ridiculous.

Fair enough. I would probably put him at #4 before TR, if I were to do this again.
President of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 5:59:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 5:58:25 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 2/20/2012 5:56:55 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/20/2012 5:54:46 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
And the 10 Worst Presidents:

1.) Barack Obama

2.) Lyndon Johnson

3.) Franklin Roosevelt

4.) Theodore Roosevelt

5.) Ulysses Grant

6.) Herbert Hoover

7.) Jimmy Carter

8.) Richard Nixon

9.) Woodrow Wilson

10.) James Buchanon

Wilson needs to be moved way up!

Study his Progressive ideals and how he ran our country... it was ridiculous.


Fair enough. I would probably put him at #4 before TR, if I were to do this again.

That's where I would have put him! Great minds think alike.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:00:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 5:59:41 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/20/2012 5:58:25 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 2/20/2012 5:56:55 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/20/2012 5:54:46 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
And the 10 Worst Presidents:

1.) Barack Obama

2.) Lyndon Johnson

3.) Franklin Roosevelt

4.) Theodore Roosevelt

5.) Ulysses Grant

6.) Herbert Hoover

7.) Jimmy Carter

8.) Richard Nixon

9.) Woodrow Wilson

10.) James Buchanon

Wilson needs to be moved way up!

Study his Progressive ideals and how he ran our country... it was ridiculous.


Fair enough. I would probably put him at #4 before TR, if I were to do this again.

That's where I would have put him! Great minds think alike.

That is true sir.
President of DDO
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:00:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 5:54:46 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
And the 10 Worst Presidents:

1.) Barack Obama

2.) Lyndon Johnson

3.) Franklin Roosevelt

4.) Theodore Roosevelt

5.) Ulysses Grant

6.) Herbert Hoover

7.) Jimmy Carter

8.) Richard Nixon

9.) Woodrow Wilson

10.) James Buchanon

No way. FDR and his failed New Deal policies which kept America in a recession for an extra 7 years is definitely number 1. Obama is second.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:02:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 6:00:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/20/2012 5:54:46 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
And the 10 Worst Presidents:

1.) Barack Obama

2.) Lyndon Johnson

3.) Franklin Roosevelt

4.) Theodore Roosevelt

5.) Ulysses Grant

6.) Herbert Hoover

7.) Jimmy Carter

8.) Richard Nixon

9.) Woodrow Wilson

10.) James Buchanon

No way. FDR and his failed New Deal policies which kept America in a recession for an extra 7 years is definitely number 1. Obama is second.

I'd agree with this as well. I actually did a worst presidents report this year and put FDR as number one and sent my class into a tailspin.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:03:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 6:00:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/20/2012 5:54:46 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
And the 10 Worst Presidents:

1.) Barack Obama

2.) Lyndon Johnson

3.) Franklin Roosevelt

4.) Theodore Roosevelt

5.) Ulysses Grant

6.) Herbert Hoover

7.) Jimmy Carter

8.) Richard Nixon

9.) Woodrow Wilson

10.) James Buchanon

No way. FDR and his failed New Deal policies which kept America in a recession for an extra 7 years is definitely number 1. Obama is second.

If I were objective, I would agree.

But, to be honest, I get so mad whenever Obama goes on screen and lashes out against free enterprise and success that I have a tough time giving him any slack.

Of course, FDR did the same thing, but I wasn't there to see it.
President of DDO
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:04:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Herbert Hoover is also pretty bad. His policies were a significant part of the reason the depression started.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
kyro90
Posts: 4,400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:05:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 6:02:25 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/20/2012 6:00:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/20/2012 5:54:46 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
And the 10 Worst Presidents:

1.) Barack Obama

2.) Lyndon Johnson

3.) Franklin Roosevelt

4.) Theodore Roosevelt

5.) Ulysses Grant

6.) Herbert Hoover

7.) Jimmy Carter

8.) Richard Nixon

9.) Woodrow Wilson

10.) James Buchanon

No way. FDR and his failed New Deal policies which kept America in a recession for an extra 7 years is definitely number 1. Obama is second.

I'd agree with this as well. I actually did a worst presidents report this year and put FDR as number one and sent my class into a tailspin.

Lol, It clearly says "Favorite Presidents" Not, Talk about the ten "Worst Presidents" xD
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:05:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Jimtimmy, you make me sad. No anarchist should list Reagan or Bush anywhere near the top. You seem to go easy on the conservatives while pouncing on the liberals. No problem here, but you're pretty inconsistent.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:06:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 6:02:25 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/20/2012 6:00:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/20/2012 5:54:46 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
And the 10 Worst Presidents:

1.) Barack Obama

2.) Lyndon Johnson

3.) Franklin Roosevelt

4.) Theodore Roosevelt

5.) Ulysses Grant

6.) Herbert Hoover

7.) Jimmy Carter

8.) Richard Nixon

9.) Woodrow Wilson

10.) James Buchanon

No way. FDR and his failed New Deal policies which kept America in a recession for an extra 7 years is definitely number 1. Obama is second.

I'd agree with this as well. I actually did a worst presidents report this year and put FDR as number one and sent my class into a tailspin.

Our teacher in AP US went on and on about how great FDR and the New Deal was in our class last year. I sent her the work by Cole and Ohanian as well as Higgs's work showing how the New Deal actually worsened the depression. She did not like that, lol.
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:07:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 6:05:01 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Jimtimmy, you make me sad. No anarchist should list Reagan or Bush anywhere near the top. You seem to go easy on the conservatives while pouncing on the liberals. No problem here, but you're pretty inconsistent.

I'm not really an anarchist anymore. I still am a conservative libertarian, but I wouldn't call myself an anarchist.
President of DDO
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:07:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
William Henry Harrison.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:10:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lukeywes1234, king of the world.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:14:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Best Presidents

1) Franklin Roosevelt (probably)
2) Theodore Roosevelt (besides Imperialism)
3) Bill Clinton
4) Dwight Eisenhower
5) Barack Obama (eventually)
6) James K. Polk
7) Harry Truman
8) Abraham Lincoln
9) Lyndon Johnson (maybe)
10) Al Gore - but he wasn't able to do anything ^_^

Worst Presidents

1) Herbert Hoover
2) Richard Nixon (he did have a few good acts passed though)
3) Warren Harding
4) George W. Bush
5) James Buchanan
6) Franklin Pierce
7) William H. Harrison
8) Millard Fillmore
9) Jimmy Carter (one of the best ex-presidents)
10) Ronald Reagan or George Bush I

How can you guys put some lame presidents such as Andrew Jackson at the top? And Warren Harding? HE SUCKED!
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:17:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 6:14:30 PM, Contra wrote:
Best Presidents

1) Franklin Roosevelt (probably)
2) Theodore Roosevelt (besides Imperialism)
3) Bill Clinton
4) Dwight Eisenhower
5) Barack Obama (eventually)
6) James K. Polk
7) Harry Truman
8) Abraham Lincoln
9) Lyndon Johnson (maybe)
10) Al Gore - but he wasn't able to do anything ^_^


http://memedepot.com...
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:19:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 6:07:44 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 2/20/2012 6:05:01 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Jimtimmy, you make me sad. No anarchist should list Reagan or Bush anywhere near the top. You seem to go easy on the conservatives while pouncing on the liberals. No problem here, but you're pretty inconsistent.


I'm not really an anarchist anymore. I still am a conservative libertarian, but I wouldn't call myself an anarchist.

I should have guessed it wouldn't last.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:27:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 6:19:12 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 2/20/2012 6:07:44 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 2/20/2012 6:05:01 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Jimtimmy, you make me sad. No anarchist should list Reagan or Bush anywhere near the top. You seem to go easy on the conservatives while pouncing on the liberals. No problem here, but you're pretty inconsistent.


I'm not really an anarchist anymore. I still am a conservative libertarian, but I wouldn't call myself an anarchist.

I should have guessed it wouldn't last.

Any reason for that, lol?
President of DDO
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:56:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Reagan, that's it... Hopefully Santorum will get there XD
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 7:02:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 6:56:57 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Reagan, that's it... Hopefully Santorum will get there XD

Supply side economics for the working man!
President of DDO
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 7:11:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Martin van Buren
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 7:21:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 6:27:23 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 2/20/2012 6:19:12 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 2/20/2012 6:07:44 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 2/20/2012 6:05:01 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Jimtimmy, you make me sad. No anarchist should list Reagan or Bush anywhere near the top. You seem to go easy on the conservatives while pouncing on the liberals. No problem here, but you're pretty inconsistent.


I'm not really an anarchist anymore. I still am a conservative libertarian, but I wouldn't call myself an anarchist.

I should have guessed it wouldn't last.


Any reason for that, lol?

You seemed to only employ anarchism as a means to criticize liberals and Democrats. Sure FDR and LBJ suck arse, but what about Reagan and Bush? Welfare and economic regulation aren't the only thing the State does, but that's all you seemed to care about.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 7:26:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 6:19:12 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 2/20/2012 6:07:44 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 2/20/2012 6:05:01 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Jimtimmy, you make me sad. No anarchist should list Reagan or Bush anywhere near the top. You seem to go easy on the conservatives while pouncing on the liberals. No problem here, but you're pretty inconsistent.


I'm not really an anarchist anymore. I still am a conservative libertarian, but I wouldn't call myself an anarchist.

I should have guessed it wouldn't last.

wtf is a conservative libertarian?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 7:29:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 7:26:41 PM, darkkermit wrote:
wtf is a conservative libertarian?

http://en.wikipedia.org...
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 7:31:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 7:29:34 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 2/20/2012 7:26:41 PM, darkkermit wrote:
wtf is a conservative libertarian?

http://en.wikipedia.org...

If you bothered to read your own link it actually refers to the union of conservatives and libertarians as a political force for common goals,....not a fusion of ideologies. The term "conservative libertarian" does not exist.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault