Jump to topic:

The solution to cronyism

Nougatrocity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 11:40:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Jerk. You got my hopes up thinking we'd finally solved it.

Ah well. Your question could imply that you either think cronyism is left-specific or that there is an ultra-right solution that already exists. Is either correct?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 1:21:14 AM
At 2/20/2012 11:40:52 PM, Nougatrocity wrote:
Jerk. You got my hopes up thinking we'd finally solved it.

Ah well. Your question could imply that you either think cronyism is left-specific or that there is an ultra-right solution that already exists. Is either correct?

The only thing my OP could possibly imply is that ultra-lefties may not even see it as that big of a problem.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 1:54:47 AM
The non-left-wing solution is obvious-- disempower the government in regard to the economy and there's no forest to hide the foul weed of cronyism.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 2:06:14 AM
At 2/21/2012 1:54:47 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
The non-left-wing solution is obvious-- disempower the government in regard to the economy and there's no forest to hide the foul weed of cronyism.

I am much more interested in the left solution Rags.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 2:20:21 AM
At 2/21/2012 2:06:14 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 2/21/2012 1:54:47 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I am much more interested in the left solution Rags.

I was aiming that more toward Nougat.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Nougatrocity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 2:33:58 AM
At 2/21/2012 1:21:14 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
The only thing my OP could possibly imply is that ultra-lefties may not even see it as that big of a problem.
How does being politically left have anything to do with thinking cronyism is not problematic?
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 2:41:12 AM
Practice a policy of good regulation. A democracy can create good regulations so long as everyone in democracy reads the regulation, which is usually only about a 1000 pages long and understand the economics behind it and effects it will have on incentives, and the market. This should be find, since most members of society have a strong understanding of economics.

Croynism solved.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 3:18:02 AM
At 2/21/2012 2:41:12 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Practice a policy of good regulation. A democracy can create good regulations so long as everyone in democracy reads the regulation, which is usually only about a 1000 pages long and understand the economics behind it and effects it will have on incentives, and the market. This should be find, since most members of society have a strong understanding of economics.

Croynism solved.

Ugggh! I don't want to hear any right-wing solutions please, or left-wing dodgeballs...
I simply want to hear the left-wing solutions please.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 6:14:08 AM
At 2/21/2012 3:18:02 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Croynism solved.

Ugggh! I don't want to hear any right-wing solutions please, or left-wing dodgeballs...
I simply want to hear the left-wing solutions please.

Obama will make a tsar for it....

you know.. he'll watch out for it and they'll use executive orders to stop suspected people...

Problem solved.

Or you could make another commission to deal with it... or Both! :)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
austinoclavanski123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 12:06:59 PM
I am part of the Communist party of Great Britain, Marxist Lennenist, the people you will call ultra-lefties. What i think about cronyism is that when you hav a belief or a view, it tends to stick in the family. And sometimes close reletives can be easier to trust for things like running a country or leading a party. However, if i had a brother who was going to become a leader after me, but another comrade new much more about the whole topic, i would appoint the comrade who new and was dedicated the most. You cant just say cronyism is a lefty thing, the Royal family do it and their far right!
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 12:37:16 PM
At 2/21/2012 12:06:59 PM, austinoclavanski123 wrote:
I am part of the Communist party of Great Britain, Marxist Lennenist, the people you will call ultra-lefties. What i think about cronyism is that when you hav a belief or a view, it tends to stick in the family. And sometimes close reletives can be easier to trust for things like running a country or leading a party. However, if i had a brother who was going to become a leader after me, but another comrade new much more about the whole topic, i would appoint the comrade who new and was dedicated the most. You cant just say cronyism is a lefty thing, the Royal family do it and their far right!

I'm sold
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 6:16:56 PM
At 2/21/2012 12:06:59 PM, austinoclavanski123 wrote:

The royal family are the symbolic rulers of a country with universal health care and don't so much as complain about it. They are not "Far right," especially in the context of this website.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 6:22:47 PM
The left wing solution to corporate cronyism is simply extreme regulation. They want to completely regulate companies so that every single thing that they do, the government has to approve of first.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 7:03:11 PM
At 2/21/2012 6:22:47 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
The left wing solution to corporate cronyism is simply extreme regulation. They want to completely regulate companies so that every single thing that they do, the government has to approve of first.

How extreme...dictatorship?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 7:14:10 PM
At 2/21/2012 7:03:11 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 2/21/2012 6:22:47 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

How extreme...dictatorship?

The left is all about government intervention in the economy.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 1:02:33 AM
At 2/20/2012 11:30:27 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I'd like to hear from some of the ultra lefties here what they think the solution to this is. Please?

The solution to "crony capitalism"? Well, certainly the only thoroughgoing and true solution would be a fundamental shift away from the capitalist socioeconomic paradigm in favor of an authentically democratic and equalitarian form of economics and social existence. The inconvenient truth that free-marketarians don't wish to confront is that capitalism innately and inexorably lends itself to "cronyism", which entails both the subversion of the so-called "free market" and the democratic process, as it's a system in which capitalists inherently overaccumulate capital, i.e. wealth and the politico-economic power that it confers, and inherently exploit said power to secure for themselves an unfairly advantageous position vis-à-vis government. The only sure way to prevent the co–optation of government and the political process by capitalists is by totally abolishing capitalism and the capitalist class. The half measure of merely abolishing the state, as an-caps advocate, won't do the trick at all, for alpha capitalists will always arise and will always find a way to utilize their corruptive money-power to set themselves up in the catbird seat, even if they have to reinvent and restore government in some new guise.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 1:14:19 AM

Croynism solved.

This.
President of DDO
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 7:00:53 AM
At 2/22/2012 1:02:33 AM, charleslb wrote:
I'd like to hear from some of the ultra lefties here what they think the solution to this is. Please?

The solution to "crony capitalism"? Well, certainly the only thoroughgoing and true solution would be a fundamental shift away from the capitalist socioeconomic paradigm in favor of an authentically democratic and equalitarian form of economics and social existence. The inconvenient truth that free-marketarians don't wish to confront is that capitalism innately and inexorably lends itself to "cronyism", which entails both the subversion of the so-called "free market" and the democratic process, as it's a system in which capitalists inherently overaccumulate capital, i.e. wealth and the politico-economic power that it confers, and inherently exploit said power to secure for themselves an unfairly advantageous position vis-à-vis government. The only sure way to prevent the co–optation of government and the political process by capitalists is by totally abolishing capitalism and the capitalist class. The half measure of merely abolishing the state, as an-caps advocate, won't do the trick at all, for alpha capitalists will always arise and will always find a way to utilize their corruptive money-power to set themselves up in the catbird seat, even if they have to reinvent and restore government in some new guise.

Very informative, ty Charles.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 7:55:22 PM
At 2/22/2012 1:02:33 AM, charleslb wrote:

In less capitalist countries cronyism is worse.

Take a look at Egypt. No property rights enforcement, have to bribe a policeman every three steps to walk.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 7:13:04 PM
At 2/24/2012 3:30:35 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 2/22/2012 7:57:47 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Just wait.

for?

It's his "solution."