Total Posts:50|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Santorum: Satan Destroying America

lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 12:54:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Santorum seems to have a deep and firm understanding of the workings of Satan in the "good, decent, powerful [and] influential United States of America...there is no one else to go after, other than the United States"
John Stewart pointed it out yesterday.
It's a great listen.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 2:02:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Okay, I gotta give Santorum actual props for being straight up: It's a Protestant, not Catholic, country (if it is a christian one).
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 3:50:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Best part.
"we look at the shape of mainline Protestantism in this country and it is in shambles, it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it"
Rick Santorum has stated Protestantism is gone from the world of Christianity, apparently Catholicism, with it's spotless track record, is the last real christian religion.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 5:33:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
.____. :(

Nac
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 5:46:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
People say things. Here are some of my favorites from Obama:

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region [the Middle East] for centuries." --Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." -- (ouch)

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go."

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" --after being asked a foreign policy question by a reporter while visiting a diner in Pennsylvania

"Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions." --exasperated by reporters after a news conference

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

Oh these are great...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 5:56:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
There is no better gift for Obama and the Democrats than Rick Santorum. That bigoted, ignorant, religious zealot would never be let into the White House, even if it meant reelecting a president they may not like. Should Rick Santorum actually get the Republican nomination that would be both a comment on the health of the modern conservative-base party but also the intelligence of the voters who support them.

If these guys are actually remotely interested in limited government they'd rally behind Ron Paul and make this years election less vacuous demagoguery and actual intellectual discourse rooted in distinct ideological differences to get this entire nation thinking again.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 6:04:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 5:56:49 PM, 000ike wrote:
There is no better gift for Obama and the Democrats than Rick Santorum. That bigoted, ignorant, religious zealot would never be let into the White House, even if it meant reelecting a president they may not like. Should Rick Santorum actually get the Republican nomination that would be both a comment on the health of the modern conservative-base party but also the intelligence of the voters who support them.

If these guys are actually remotely interested in limited government they'd rally behind Ron Paul and make this years election less vacuous demagoguery and actual intellectual discourse rooted in distinct ideological differences to get this entire nation thinking again.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 6:11:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 5:56:49 PM, 000ike wrote:
There is no better gift for Obama and the Democrats than Rick Santorum. That bigoted, ignorant, religious zealot would never be let into the White House, even if it meant reelecting a president they may not like. Should Rick Santorum actually get the Republican nomination that would be both a comment on the health of the modern conservative-base party but also the intelligence of the voters who support them.

If these guys are actually remotely interested in limited government they'd rally behind Ron Paul and make this years election less vacuous demagoguery and actual intellectual discourse rooted in distinct ideological differences to get this entire nation thinking again.

+6
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 6:15:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 5:46:05 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
People say things. Here are some of my favorites from Obama:

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region [the Middle East] for centuries." --Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." -- (ouch)

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go."

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" --after being asked a foreign policy question by a reporter while visiting a diner in Pennsylvania

"Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions." --exasperated by reporters after a news conference

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

Oh these are great...

Obama just misspoke in those examples.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 6:29:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

This one is out of context, as usual. People were crying because they thought that government healthcare would eradicate the private healtchare sector because it would be cheaper and better. Obama was refuting that nonsensical idea.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 6:30:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 6:15:08 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 2/21/2012 5:46:05 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
People say things. Here are some of my favorites from Obama:

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region [the Middle East] for centuries." --Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." -- (ouch)

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go."

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" --after being asked a foreign policy question by a reporter while visiting a diner in Pennsylvania

"Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions." --exasperated by reporters after a news conference

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

Oh these are great...

Obama just misspoke in those examples.

47=\= 57
1000s =\= 12

Also religious zealot =\= being a social conservative. I'm athiest and agree with him most of the time.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 6:33:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 12:54:37 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Santorum seems to have a deep and firm understanding of the workings of Satan in the "good, decent, powerful [and] influential United States of America...there is no one else to go after, other than the United States"
John Stewart pointed it out yesterday.
It's a great listen.



Is it wrong? Christians belive everything has a reason, so in the christian community his view here makes sense. I may disagree but to many Christians this is possible.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 6:46:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 6:30:54 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/21/2012 6:15:08 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 2/21/2012 5:46:05 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
People say things. Here are some of my favorites from Obama:

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region [the Middle East] for centuries." --Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." -- (ouch)

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go."

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" --after being asked a foreign policy question by a reporter while visiting a diner in Pennsylvania

"Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions." --exasperated by reporters after a news conference

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

Oh these are great...

Obama just misspoke in those examples.

47=\= 57
1000s =\= 12

? Yes, that's what misspeaking is.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 6:52:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 6:33:57 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/21/2012 12:54:37 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Santorum seems to have a deep and firm understanding of the workings of Satan in the "good, decent, powerful [and] influential United States of America...there is no one else to go after, other than the United States"
John Stewart pointed it out yesterday.
It's a great listen.



Is it wrong? Christians belive everything has a reason, so in the christian community his view here makes sense. I may disagree but to many Christians this is possible.

Of course it's wrong and even in the "Christian community" his view here is absurd.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 7:01:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 6:52:11 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 2/21/2012 6:33:57 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/21/2012 12:54:37 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Santorum seems to have a deep and firm understanding of the workings of Satan in the "good, decent, powerful [and] influential United States of America...there is no one else to go after, other than the United States"
John Stewart pointed it out yesterday.
It's a great listen.



Is it wrong? Christians belive everything has a reason, so in the christian community his view here makes sense. I may disagree but to many Christians this is possible.

Of course it's wrong and even in the "Christian community" his view here is absurd.

Define Christian community... As I know many who agree with that speech.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 8:24:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 6:29:07 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009


This one is out of context, as usual. People were crying because they thought that government healthcare would eradicate the private healtchare sector because it would be cheaper and better. Obama was refuting that nonsensical idea.

However, in doing so, he points out how the Post Office has been costing the taxpayers money, and we don't like that.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 8:30:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 5:56:49 PM, 000ike wrote:

If these guys are actually remotely interested in limited government they'd rally behind Ron Paul and make this years election less vacuous demagoguery and actual intellectual discourse rooted in distinct ideological differences to get this entire nation thinking again.

Hath hell frozen over or did Ike say something mildly complementing towards Ron Paul?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:03:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 9:00:17 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Better to be too religious than to mock it...



All of this is true. Are you going to cherry-pick your Bible or are you going to fully support your god's words?
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:12:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 9:03:22 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/21/2012 9:00:17 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Better to be too religious than to mock it...



All of this is true. Are you going to cherry-pick your Bible or are you going to fully support your god's words?

I'm not going to cherry pick but you have to understand the religious timeline.

That law was for the ancient Jews and is replaced by the Covenant with Christ. The new covenant in his blood.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:13:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 9:00:17 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Better to be too religious than to mock it...



I can't believe I hadn't seen that before, why hasn't everyone been using that to attack Obama?
Either way it's not necessarily better to be religious than to mock it, I'd take a mocking, freedom protecting atheist over an intolerant religious authoritarian, which Rick Santorum no doubt is.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:17:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 5:56:49 PM, 000ike wrote:
There is no better gift for Obama and the Democrats than Rick Santorum. That bigoted, ignorant, religious zealot would never be let into the White House, even if it meant reelecting a president they may not like. Should Rick Santorum actually get the Republican nomination that would be both a comment on the health of the modern conservative-base party but also the intelligence of the voters who support them.

If these guys are actually remotely interested in limited government they'd rally behind Ron Paul and make this years election less vacuous demagoguery and actual intellectual discourse rooted in distinct ideological differences to get this entire nation thinking again.

This is all so true. Next to Herman Cain, I think Rick Santorum is the biggest joke of a candidate (who actually had a shot) in years. And he's so utterly unelectable because nobody past his crazy social conservative base and the establishment Republicans will vote for him. Obama and the Dems should be praying he keeps winning. But I predict that anyone but Ron Paul will lose to Obama. In order of electability vs Obama: Paul, Romney, Gingrich, Santorum.

You said "if these guys are remotely interested in limited government..." but that's just the thing. They're not. They haven't been for quite some time. I mean, these are the people that would gladly support another George W Bush (what are the real differences between Santorum/Romney/Gingrich and Bush, after all?) and that guy was the antithesis of limited government. In fact, as the following link demonstrates so wonderfully, when it comes to their major policies there are hardly any substantial differences between Bush and Obama: http://www.youtube.com...

Truly though, if the impossible were to occur and Santorum was elected President, I would move to another country as soon as possible. He would very quickly destroy America.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:17:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 9:13:28 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 2/21/2012 9:00:17 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Better to be too religious than to mock it...



I can't believe I hadn't seen that before, why hasn't everyone been using that to attack Obama?
Either way it's not necessarily better to be religious than to mock it, I'd take a mocking, freedom protecting atheist over an intolerant religious authoritarian, which Rick Santorum no doubt is.

Well I just thought it was in poor taste to mock religion, any religion for that matter. Especially from such a position as a stage as a leading politician. It was just unprofessional and insulting no matter who you are.
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:22:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 9:13:28 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 2/21/2012 9:00:17 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Better to be too religious than to mock it...



I can't believe I hadn't seen that before, why hasn't everyone been using that to attack Obama?
Either way it's not necessarily better to be religious than to mock it, I'd take a mocking, freedom protecting atheist over an intolerant religious authoritarian, which Rick Santorum no doubt is.

+1. I'd say it's better to mock religion than to be too religious, because those who mock religion generally just want religious people to mind their own business. They generally don't want to enforce an atheistic agenda on everyone; those who mock religion (atheists/agnostics/non-religious) typically just want separation of church and state... However, those who are "too religious" (like Santorum) generally want to enforce their beliefs onto society through legislation. They are generally intolerant and lean towards theocracy. In fact Santorum's ideal society would be nothing short of a theocracy.

Therefore, I think ConservativePolitico is wrong. In general, better to mock religion than to be too religious.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:23:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Rick Santorum has shown no inclination to push his religious values through legislation. He did no such thing as a Senator. Why would he as the President?
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:24:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 9:23:23 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Rick Santorum has shown no inclination to push his religious values through legislation. He did no such thing as a Senator. Why would he as the President?

I am honestly unsure as to whether or not you're joking/being sarcastic.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:26:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 9:24:30 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 2/21/2012 9:23:23 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Rick Santorum has shown no inclination to push his religious values through legislation. He did no such thing as a Senator. Why would he as the President?

I am honestly unsure as to whether or not you're joking/being sarcastic.

Can you show me where he has done such a thing?
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:37:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 9:26:29 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/21/2012 9:24:30 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 2/21/2012 9:23:23 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Rick Santorum has shown no inclination to push his religious values through legislation. He did no such thing as a Senator. Why would he as the President?

I am honestly unsure as to whether or not you're joking/being sarcastic.

Can you show me where he has done such a thing?

Take, for example, his social views.

Social views (gay rights and abortion). Enough said. Can you honestly tell me that if it weren't for his religious views, say if he didn't believe in God and Christianity, he'd be so anti-choice and anti-gay rights? They are obviously rooted in his religious beliefs. He's proud of that fact and touts it. He'd not only admit to this being the case of you asked him; he'd brag about it.

He wants states to ban the sale of contraception. He wants to make pornography illegal. He's generally anti-science. These would all very clearly translate into legislation affecting everyone in society, and they are all very clearly rooted in his fundamentalist Christian belief system.

He wants federal schools to have to teach creationism alongside evolution. Would he hold this view if not for his fundamentalist Christian views? Of course not.

He has also said that he thinks our society/legislation should ideally be based on Judeo-Christian law. The dude's a theocrat. In other words, he wants to push his religious views onto all of society through legislation.