Jump to topic:

Where to I Stand Politically?

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 7:02:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I know there here been several comments challenging my stances in connection to my ideology and party. So I want to get this out in the open.

Can you scroll down my profile big issues and tell me if I am a Conservative or Libertarian or something else?
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 7:08:28 PM
At 2/23/2012 7:05:00 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
http://politicalcompass.org...

Tried that. Made my situation 10 times more confusing. Why don't you click on my profile and look under my photo album "political tests"? Tell me that that test helped me define my views with the other tests taken into consideration.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 10:54:35 PM
Is this because of my comment:

We could make a meme with your profile.

Supports constitution's equal protection clause;
Thinks gays shouldn't be allowed to marry.

Supports constitution's 4th and 8th amendments;
Thinks water boarding is okay.

Name: Ron-Paul;
President: John McCain.

War in Iraw, Iran, Afghanistan: CON;
War on Terror: PRO.

"Being an extreme fiscal conservative;"
President George Bush: PRO

There are probably many more, but I'll stop here.
Cheers!

You've change some of them lol
If you research the history and fundamentals of Presidents, policies, and the constitution, you'll resolve many of the discrepancies of your political views.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 10:59:08 PM
At 2/24/2012 10:54:35 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is this because of my comment:

We could make a meme with your profile.

Supports constitution's equal protection clause;
Thinks gays shouldn't be allowed to marry.

Supports constitution's 4th and 8th amendments;
Thinks water boarding is okay.

Name: Ron-Paul;
President: John McCain.

War in Iraw, Iran, Afghanistan: CON;
War on Terror: PRO.

"Being an extreme fiscal conservative;"
President George Bush: PRO

There are probably many more, but I'll stop here.
Cheers!

You've change some of them lol
If you research the history and fundamentals of Presidents, policies, and the constitution, you'll resolve many of the discrepancies of your political views.

hehe, based on your profile I'd say you're a libertarian, however DDO is different from the real world. Most people on DDO are somewhat socially liberal, so you come off as conservative.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2012 8:14:57 AM
Well it is very difficult. I tend to be more Economically Rightist than even most Conservatives, but am right on line with Libertarians economically. Economically, I am in almost every way under the same belief as Ron Paul.

But as for social issues:

Libertarian:
Pro-Abortion
Pro-Civil Unions
Pro-Euthanasia
Pro-Drug Legalization
Pro-Medical Marijuana
Con-All three wars

Conservative:
Pro-Border Fence (but I think I will change to undecided here)
Pro-Death Penalty (but I am doing more research)
Con-Flag Burning (will not back down here)
Con-Gay Marriage (but I am doing more research)
Con-Late Term Abortion (doesn't really matter)
Pro-Police Profiling (will not back down here)
Pro-George W. Bush (he is certaintly one of my least favorite republican presidents, but I wouldn't con him)
Pro-War on Terrorism (will not back down here)

The thing that got me thinking was the 10 political tests I took. I got anywhere from Far Right Slight Authoritarian to Radical Libertarian. I am extremely lost.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2012 8:30:09 AM
At 2/25/2012 8:14:57 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
Well it is very difficult. I tend to be more Economically Rightist than even most Conservatives, but am right on line with Libertarians economically. Economically, I am in almost every way under the same belief as Ron Paul.

Libertarian:
Pro-Abortion
Pro-Civil Unions
Pro-Euthanasia
Pro-Drug Legalization
Pro-Medical Marijuana
Con-All three wars

Conservative:
Pro-George W. Bush (he is certaintly one of my least favorite republican presidents, but I wouldn't con him)

The thing that got me thinking was the 10 political tests I took. I got anywhere from Far Right Slight Authoritarian to Radical Libertarian. I am extremely lost.

Ha I get the same on all of the tests!
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2012 8:39:52 AM
At 2/25/2012 8:30:09 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/25/2012 8:14:57 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:

Libertarian:
Pro-Abortion
Pro-Civil Unions
Pro-Euthanasia
Pro-Drug Legalization
Pro-Medical Marijuana
Con-All three wars

Conservative:

Ha I get the same on all of the tests!

You are lucky.
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2012 8:46:33 AM
At 2/23/2012 7:02:29 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
I know there here been several comments challenging my stances in connection to my ideology and party. So I want to get this out in the open.

Can you scroll down my profile big issues and tell me if I am a Conservative or Libertarian or something else?

You are neither....you are a neo con. To unprincipled to be conservative and to anti others to be libertarian, heck you're about one government program from Progressive.
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2012 5:54:23 PM
At 2/25/2012 8:46:33 AM, logicrules wrote:

You are neither....you are a neo con. To unprincipled to be conservative and to anti others to be libertarian, heck you're about one government program from Progressive.

How am I a neo-con. You are wrong my dear friend.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2012 6:02:40 PM
your a conservative libertarian, the sites that suggest otherwise I tried myself and they are way off.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 3:31:58 AM
At 2/25/2012 5:54:23 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

There is the first indicator, you tell others they are wrong, when by your own admission you do not know. Second, you support a Fence on the border A neo con is differentiated from a conservative in that they have no philosophy that they identify as being most like theirs. A libertarian supports the right of each to choose to do whatever they want, Thus, drugs, abortion, even DUI become legal. You want to tell others what to do, that is the progressive. Neo cons think we should export democracy and protect ourselves from outsiders. You are a neo con on your way to being a progressive.
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 11:42:58 AM
At 2/26/2012 3:31:58 AM, logicrules wrote:

There is the first indicator, you tell others they are wrong, when by your own admission you do not know.
Ok. You have the right to call me a neo-con. It dosen't mean you're right though.
Second, you support a Fence on the border.
I'm undecided on that.
A neo con is differentiated from a conservative in that they have no philosophy that they identify as being most like theirs.
Wait, what?
A libertarian supports the right of each to choose to do whatever they want, Thus, drugs, abortion, even DUI become legal.
I support the right to choose most of the time and support that people can do whatever they want most of the time. I support drug legalization and abortion.
You want to tell others what to do, that is the progressive. Neo cons think we should export democracy and protect ourselves from outsiders. You are a neo con on your way to being a progressive.
I don't want to tell others what to do. You should have an individual moral standard, not a national moral standard. If you also look on my profile, I do not support any of the three wars and do not support declaring war on countries that are doing no harm to us or that we can not win. How can you say I'm a progressive? Did you see the economic score on my tests? Did you look at my stand on economic big issues?
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 12:18:55 PM
All tests say libertarian, your political compass makes you libertarian leaning.

The ready just say libertarian.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 12:37:26 PM
At 2/26/2012 11:42:58 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:

There is the first indicator, you tell others they are wrong, when by your own admission you do not know.
Ok. You have the right to call me a neo-con. It dosen't mean you're right though.
I'm undecided on that.
A neo con is differentiated from a conservative in that they have no philosophy that they identify as being most like theirs.
Wait, what?
A libertarian supports the right of each to choose to do whatever they want, Thus, drugs, abortion, even DUI become legal.
I support the right to choose most of the time and support that people can do whatever they want most of the time. I support drug legalization and abortion.
You want to tell others what to do, that is the progressive. Neo cons think we should export democracy and protect ourselves from outsiders. You are a neo con on your way to being a progressive.
I don't want to tell others what to do. You should have an individual moral standard, not a national moral standard. If you also look on my profile, I do not support any of the three wars and do not support declaring war on countries that are doing no harm to us or that we can not win. How can you say I'm a progressive? Did you see the economic score on my tests? Did you look at my stand on economic big issues?

You say you oppose legal drugs, thus tell others what to do, support a fence...tell others what to do....you gettin it? You are a neo con.
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 12:39:36 PM
At 2/26/2012 12:37:26 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/26/2012 11:42:58 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:

I'm undecided on that.
Wait, what?

You say you oppose legal drugs, thus tell others what to do, support a fence...tell others what to do....you gettin it? You are a neo con.

I don't oppose legal drugs. What made you think that? I am pro drug legalization. And no, I'm not gettin it.
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 2:26:32 PM

I don't oppose legal drugs. What made you think that? I am pro drug legalization. And no, I'm not gettin it.

Sorry, I thought your profile said you opposed it. Let me explain. n the US there was no such thing as a conservative untill after WWII. At that time Communism was feared and a man named Whitaker Chambers wrote a book entitles Witness. He claimed to be a former Soviet Spy. (we now know much more with the knowledge gleaned from Kim Philpy and the Combridge Spys.)

The next major conservative figure was William F. Buckley. He published God and Man at Yale and founded the National Review. He opposed Hiss and thought the liberal elite were communist sympathizers, perhaps unknowingly. You may have heard of McCarthy, turns out he was correct albeit misguided.

These early conservative held to a classical philosophy that found subjectivism abhorant. Buckley, ad his National Review, caught some flak for their opposition to the Civil Rights Act on constitutional grounds. However, the point was that the Federal Government only has the powers deliiniated in the constitution.

Ayn Rand was originally a friend of Buckley, but not for long Rand is considered by many the first libertarian. Buckley, and conservatives, hold to absolute right and wrong. Aristotle, Plato, Aquinas, Scotus, Chesterton, etc. For conservatives it is wrong to murder. Buckley and we conservatives of the 70's opposed wade for 2 reasons. 1. Penumbra....though the Justices pulled this one out their cloaks, and 2. Human Life parameters are not the province of Humans, they are of a higher authority.

Reagan got a bunch of southern democrat to vote for him. Ther democrats grew into the southern conservatives like Gingrich an Helms. These were the same people who wanted to keep the blacks in their place. This is when conservatives began to split. Most would never have claimed a party affiliation, but leaned towards republican. This began to change with Reagan.

Enter Rumsfel, Wolfowitz et al, the neo cons. They claimed in an artical in Atlantic Monthly by Bill Crystal to be Trotskyesque. They are not, never were, never shall be conservatives.

Long, sorry but US conservatives are a principled sort and neo cons are very "regimented party loyalists". One last thing, COnservatives opposed Korea, Opposed Nam, and opposed any and all UNDECLARED war ie war on poverty, war on drugs, war in Iraq, etc. A good test for conservative is if they think FDR was a good president and GWB was good they aint conservative. No conservative liked FDR, or Wilson for that matter. (and we really despise GW)