Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Ron Paul: 2nd Place in Delegate Race

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 5:02:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Ron Paul supporters are conducting an intensively organised ground effort aimed at securing as many convention delegate slots as possible, often in numbers that far outweigh the number of actual votes that Paul got in the ballot.

If successful, it means Paul's campaign could arrive at the August Tampa convention at the head of an army of delegates far larger than the proportion of votes that it won during the nomination contest."

-- http://www.guardian.co.uk...

"He is second in delegates."
-- CNN

Delegates are needed to win the nomination, not a popular straw vote being held at all the states. There are some states and counties where Ron Paul loses, but still amasses the most delegates.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 10:50:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
You don't understand how this works, do you?

OK Geo, let's do a fun exercise. Let's just make the assumption that Ron Paul will get 75% of all delegates from all caucus states (except Nevada, whose delegates are already bound).

Using the Delegate Tracker off of CNN plus other calculations, Ron Paul could win 320 delegates. This is assuming he pretty much sweeps every single caucus delegate count with at least 75% support.

Why is this? Because caucus delegates only account for 20% of all delegates that can vote in the race. Only 20%.

Unless Paul can make practically half of the primary races three-way races with some favourability to him, alongside the best caucus scenario possible, he will not be second in the delegate race.

Only fools think he can. He has no strategy except to maybe influence a brokered convention. That's it. Unless their is a MAJOR upswing for him nationally, he will not end up second. Third is a definite possibility. Unless two other candidates drop out, he will not be second. That is the truth. That is the math. Ron Paul does not have enough support to make a major impact on this race. Done.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 11:31:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why would you ever think of voting for anyone? The elite gangs (Illuminati, etc.) would clearly use Ron Paul as their doll for spreading false hope. Right?
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2012 8:44:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/24/2012 5:02:15 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:


"Ron Paul supporters are conducting an intensively organised ground effort aimed at securing as many convention delegate slots as possible, often in numbers that far outweigh the number of actual votes that Paul got in the ballot.

If successful, it means Paul's campaign could arrive at the August Tampa convention at the head of an army of delegates far larger than the proportion of votes that it won during the nomination contest."

-- http://www.guardian.co.uk...

"He is second in delegates."
-- CNN

Delegates are needed to win the nomination, not a popular straw vote being held at all the states. There are some states and counties where Ron Paul loses, but still amasses the most delegates.

As much as I like Ron Paul, where are these claims coming from? This is impossible. One week ago, the 2nd place candidate Santorum had around 68 delegates. Paul had 9. That is an incredible jump.
thett3
Posts: 14,345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2012 11:15:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/25/2012 9:20:31 AM, 16kadams wrote:
False.
http://elections.nytimes.com...
http://teapartycheer.com...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org...

1. Romney
2. Rick
3. Newt
4. Ron
Those are bound delegates, there's a difference. Paul's campaign thinks (I don't know why) that they've gotten the majority of delegates for the non binding caucuses
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2012 12:39:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/25/2012 11:15:58 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/25/2012 9:20:31 AM, 16kadams wrote:
False.
http://elections.nytimes.com...
http://teapartycheer.com...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org...

1. Romney
2. Rick
3. Newt
4. Ron
Those are bound delegates, there's a difference. Paul's campaign thinks (I don't know why) that they've gotten the majority of delegates for the non binding caucuses

lol
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2012 6:23:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
he only has 19 delegates. Romney has 123, Santorum has 72 even Gingrich has 32...

http://news.yahoo.com...

Ron Paul is a dead candidate as far as the US is concerned....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 12:51:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/25/2012 6:23:18 PM, imabench wrote:
he only has 19 delegates. Romney has 123, Santorum has 72 even Gingrich has 32...

http://news.yahoo.com...

Ron Paul is a dead candidate as far as the US is concerned....

That's only legally binding...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross