Ron Paul - Mitt Romney Alliance?

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 7:47:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hmmmmm.....

People are becoming suspicious recently of Ron Paul working with Mitt Romney. The Texas congressman has attacked mainly every candidate strongly except Governor Romney. Now off course Paul attacks Romney, but it is not as often as when he attacked Newt Gingrich when he was on the rise and now Rick Santorum. There is even further speculation when Ron Paul's son Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky announced that he would be honored if Mitt Romney wanted him to be the running mate. Is it possible that dad is working to boost up his son? Tim Pawlenty said this was not true, but he was a Romney endorser. You could say that Ron Paul sees this as a strategically good situation if he did make a deal. He may see the possibility of Rand Paul as the vice president under a successful administration would them make his son become president and his wonderful political dreams can come through from his son such as ending the fed and other stuff.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com...
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 7:54:02 PM
At 2/24/2012 7:47:09 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
Hmmmmm.....

People are becoming suspicious recently of Ron Paul working with Mitt Romney. The Texas congressman has attacked mainly every candidate strongly except Governor Romney. Now off course Paul attacks Romney, but it is not as often as when he attacked Newt Gingrich when he was on the rise and now Rick Santorum. There is even further speculation when Ron Paul's son Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky announced that he would be honored if Mitt Romney wanted him to be the running mate. Is it possible that dad is working to boost up his son? Tim Pawlenty said this was not true, but he was a Romney endorser. You could say that Ron Paul sees this as a strategically good situation if he did make a deal. He may see the possibility of Rand Paul as the vice president under a successful administration would them make his son become president and his wonderful political dreams can come through from his son such as ending the fed and other stuff.

LOL yea that's some spin. Running keeps Newt where he has contacts. Ron Paul i is the most consistent. Romney couldn't work with an honest man, so it is more likely he prefers Newt.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 8:34:41 PM
He goes after Santorum because Santorum is a genuinely bad human being, while Romney is a pawn of the big banks he is at least a good manager (as Paul put it) and a decent, civil person.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 8:42:09 PM
At 2/24/2012 8:34:41 PM, lewis20 wrote:
He goes after Santorum because Santorum is a genuinely bad human being, while Romney is a pawn of the big banks he is at least a good manager (as Paul put it) and a decent, civil person.

How is he a bad person? Newt is * glares at 3 wives*.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 8:46:40 PM
I bet Newt is once again the conservative alternative to Romney after Super Tuesday. Newt will win Georgia, the largest primary that day, and do well in Tennessee and Oklahoma.

Santorum might not win anywhere else.
President of DDO
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 8:50:16 PM
At 2/24/2012 8:42:09 PM, 16kadams wrote:

That'd only be bad if he cheated on them. or divorced one when she had cancer. or said one wasn't pretty enough to be a first lady. or if he had asked one for an open marriage while he was cheating on her and simultaneously giving speeches about family and religious values.
If all that was true he'd be a bad person...

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 9:01:40 PM
At 2/24/2012 8:50:16 PM, lewis20 wrote:

That'd only be bad if he cheated on them. or divorced one when she had cancer. or said one wasn't pretty enough to be a first lady. or if he had asked one for an open marriage while he was cheating on her and simultaneously giving speeches about family and religious values.

Cool we agree; but how's Rick a bad person? Other then sending me 100 emails.
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 9:21:36 PM
At 2/24/2012 9:01:40 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Santorum is fighting for a modern crusade against an entire religion, calling for it's "eradication" I consider that the makings of a bad human being.

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 9:32:22 PM
At 2/24/2012 9:21:36 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 2/24/2012 9:01:40 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Santorum is fighting for a modern crusade against an entire religion, calling for it's "eradication" I consider that the makings of a bad human being.

So being against terrorism is bad now? He is only against radical gihadists.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 11:56:27 PM
Paul cleared it up pretty well on the Kudlow Report.
He basically said himself and Romney get along while Santorum has always been mean to him.
Also he points out he and Santorum are battling for the "conservative", while Romney mainly gets the moderate votes.
Also Santorum has a voting record that is easy to attack, especially the part about Santorum voting the party rather than his conscious or the Constitution.

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2012 8:41:42 AM
Hmmmmm.....

Paul is trying to disspell the claims, but it would be a great campaign match. We could have a independent-leaning Republican paired up with a Libertarian and capture all the right-wingers votes. We may win.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2012 10:39:41 AM
At 2/25/2012 8:41:42 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
Hmmmmm.....

Paul is trying to disspell the claims, but it would be a great campaign match. We could have a independent-leaning Republican paired up with a Libertarian and capture all the right-wingers votes. We may win.

I'm not sure it would work, Paul and Romney match up only in rhetoric and only some of the time. I don't think Paul would draw many votes if given a position of relatively low importance.
If that were the case though, I'd think many of the Paul supporters would flock to Gary Johnson for president.

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 3:03:44 PM

To be fair people do have problems and I would not consider any of them bad unless they broke the U.S. Law. All the candidates have faults, but above all they are good. At least we do not have anyone who was a killer or psychopath.

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 3:18:30 PM
At 2/26/2012 3:03:44 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

To be fair people do have problems and I would not consider any of them bad unless they broke the U.S. Law. All the candidates have faults, but above all they are good. At least we do not have anyone who was a killer or psychopath.

Well now, certain people are bad, and here I thought people were essentially good and acts were illegal, go figure. I know Newt doesn,t think that anymore, or at least shouldnt.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 12:35:23 PM
I don't believe Santorum is a bad person, he's probably one of the few with genuinely good intention and says what he believes. Unfortunately, his policies are terrible and he's way off base.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 5:38:25 PM

Lol we agree newt is bad then! Newts tax fraud.
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 10:50:18 AM
At 2/25/2012 8:41:42 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
Hmmmmm.....

I actually do hope they pair up.. whether or not they they would like to do this you can tell they respect each other.
Me
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 3:27:22 PM
At 2/28/2012 5:38:25 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Yeah and Santorum is bad too as I said people have faults.

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 5:46:30 PM
At 3/1/2012 3:27:22 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 2/28/2012 5:38:25 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Yeah and Santorum is bad too as I said people have faults.

where is his tax evasion?