Jump to topic:

African Americans for Obama

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 4:59:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is the title of the new program being launched by Obama and it ticks me off like nothing else.

http://www.prisonplanet.com...

What if Romney launched a "Whites for Romney" campaign? OMG the outrage on the left would be disgusting. He'd be called a racist and a bigot among other things yet Obama can do it just fine.

The media bias is disgusting.
The race card is trite and is starting to tick me off.
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 5:04:12 PM
At 2/26/2012 4:59:52 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
This is the title of the new program being launched by Obama and it ticks me off like nothing else.

What if Romney launched a "Whites for Romney" campaign? OMG the outrage on the left would be disgusting. He'd be called a racist and a bigot among other things yet Obama can do it just fine.

African Americans are for Obama o the tune of about 90%. So what? As for the rest, get used to it, African Americans are special and need help that is why they need Affirmative action, special chamber of commerce and advocacy groups. At least that is the progressive position.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 5:04:23 PM
BUT IF YOU APPEAL TO WHITE PEOPLE ITS RACIST! er4gq34h5h2h5ydsghliberalrantingsg4h54h45hj
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 5:05:26 PM
At 2/26/2012 5:04:12 PM, logicrules wrote:

African Americans are for Obama o the tune of about 90%. So what? As for the rest, get used to it, African Americans are special and need help that is why they need Affirmative action, special chamber of commerce and advocacy groups. At least that is the progressive position.

I know and its infuriating.

Can you imagine the fallout if Santorum or Romney launched a "Whites for ____" program? It would be deafening.

I wish they would start one so they could point across the table and say "you're doing it why not us?"

But the answer would be "Cuz you're white"... Ugh
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 5:06:43 PM
gaiz, blacks are our equals, but we also think they're unable to take care of themselves so we have to give them special treatment

stupid conservatives
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 5:10:30 PM
Im a huge fan of Obama, but even this is a little concerning....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 5:13:16 PM
At 2/26/2012 5:10:30 PM, imabench wrote:

He thinks he's invincible because of the media protection and the fact that he feels like he can still hide behind the race card. It's hypocritical and it's politically incorrect!
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 5:14:44 PM
At 2/26/2012 5:13:16 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

He thinks he's invincible because of the media protection and the fact that he feels like he can still hide behind the race card. It's hypocritical and it's politically incorrect!

is it even necessary though? I doubt that african americans will vote for Paul, Santorum, Gingrich, OR Romney
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 5:15:47 PM
At 2/26/2012 5:14:44 PM, imabench wrote:

is it even necessary though? I doubt that african americans will vote for Paul, Santorum, Gingrich, OR Romney

Blacks will never vote for a White candidate when a black is running against him. Of course, they trend STRONGLY democratic anyway.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 5:18:35 PM
At 2/26/2012 5:05:26 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/26/2012 5:04:12 PM, logicrules wrote:

I know and its infuriating.

Can you imagine the fallout if Santorum or Romney launched a "Whites for ____" program? It would be deafening.

I wish they would start one so they could point across the table and say "you're doing it why not us?"

But the answer would be "Cuz you're white"... Ugh

LOL Santorum basically said Catholics for Liberty and they damn near lynched him. He was good on This Week this morning (that just sounds odd).
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 5:19:14 PM
At 2/26/2012 5:15:47 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/26/2012 5:14:44 PM, imabench wrote:

Blacks will never vote for a White candidate when a black is running against him. Of course, they trend STRONGLY democratic anyway.

They're like lemmings! Why didn't 98.7% of whites vote for McCain yet 98.7% of blacks voted for Obama? ... that says something.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 5:26:03 PM
Blacks will never vote for a White candidate when a black is running against him. Of course, they trend STRONGLY democratic anyway.:

Never?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 5:27:29 PM
At 2/26/2012 5:26:03 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Blacks will never vote for a White candidate when a black is running against him. Of course, they trend STRONGLY democratic anyway.:

Never?

Very very rarely.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 5:45:20 PM

That's BS. VTL media!
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 5:46:00 PM
They're like lemmings! Why didn't 98.7% of whites vote for McCain yet 98.7% of blacks voted for Obama? ... that says something.:

As somebody mentioned before, black Americans tend to vote Democrat, which fascinates me. That said, there is a sizeable black-conservative base, and a larger black-libertarian base on the rise.

You have to take into consideration the choices in candidates too back in '08. Black voters for McCain? Come on, the guy is a joke. Back then Obama had a lot of people in a daze. A lot of people fell for the Hopey Changey nonsense. It wasn't only the fact that he was black, but that he ran against McCain specifically.

I think if somebody like Ron Paul were to get the nomination, you would see at least a 30% defection from Obama to Paul amongst the black demographic.

Of course we all know there are the racist one's who are going to stick with Obama just because he's black and because they are hopelessly misinformed. But f*ck them, you can have them. I'm more interested in intelligent black voters who care more about their personal freedom than the color of the president.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 6:51:44 PM

+1

Why have an advocacy group/ force for this? Just use your Super PACs (kidding). However, I will say that I was on Facebook on Obama's page, and the African Americans for Obama post was up, and it had EXACTLY 19,999 likes. I am kidding you not.

So, I thought that "hey more voters for Obama. Appealing to a group. That's fine." So I liked the post, and I kid you not, I was the exact 20,000th person to like it. That was AWESOME!

(I had music playing in the background)
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 6:55:03 PM
At 2/26/2012 5:46:00 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
They're like lemmings! Why didn't 98.7% of whites vote for McCain yet 98.7% of blacks voted for Obama? ... that says something.:

As somebody mentioned before, black Americans tend to vote Democrat, which fascinates me. That said, there is a sizeable black-conservative base, and a larger black-libertarian base on the rise.

You have to take into consideration the choices in candidates too back in '08. Black voters for McCain? Come on, the guy is a joke. Back then Obama had a lot of people in a daze. A lot of people fell for the Hopey Changey nonsense. It wasn't only the fact that he was black, but that he ran against McCain specifically.

I think if somebody like Ron Paul were to get the nomination, you would see at least a 30% defection from Obama to Paul amongst the black demographic.

Of course we all know there are the racist one's who are going to stick with Obama just because he's black and because they are hopelessly misinformed. But f*ck them, you can have them. I'm more interested in intelligent black voters who care more about their personal freedom than the color of the president.

Until the New Deal blacks were mainly Republican. After the Civil Rights Act, they jumped to Democrats once the Republicans started capitalizing on the Southern Strategy. Since then, it's mainly been the stigma of being the "anti-minority" party (true or not) that has kept conservative blacks from being more active in that party than they otherwise would.

For instance, the black community, from what I've read, is no more supportive of gay rights than the general population, when you'd expect them to be higher because more register as democrat.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 7:10:15 PM
At 2/26/2012 6:55:03 PM, Wnope wrote:

Until the New Deal blacks were mainly Republican. After the Civil Rights Act, they jumped to Democrats once the Republicans started capitalizing on the Southern Strategy. Since then, it's mainly been the stigma of being the "anti-minority" party (true or not) that has kept conservative blacks from being more active in that party than they otherwise would.

For instance, the black community, from what I've read, is no more supportive of gay rights than the general population, when you'd expect them to be higher because more register as democrat.

Um, a higher % of Republicans voted for the Civil Rights act than Democrats

The original House version;

Democratic Party: 61% (152)
Republican Party: 80% (138)

Cloture in the Senate;

Democratic Party: 66% (44)
Republican Party: 82% (27)

The Senate version;

Democratic Party: 69% (46)

The Senate version, voted on by the House;

Democratic Party: 63% (153)
Republican Party: 80% (136)

Also there was only 1 southern republican senator, and 10 southern republican congressmen; the Democrats were way more popular in the south, with 94 congressmen and 21 senators.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 7:13:00 PM
At 2/26/2012 7:10:15 PM, DanT wrote:
At 2/26/2012 6:55:03 PM, Wnope wrote:

Um, a higher % of Republicans voted for the Civil Rights act than Democrats

The original House version;

Democratic Party: 61% (152)
Republican Party: 80% (138)

Cloture in the Senate;

Democratic Party: 66% (44)

The Senate version;

Democratic Party: 69% (46)

The Senate version, voted on by the House;

Democratic Party: 63% (153)
Republican Party: 80% (136)

Also there was only 1 southern republican senator, and 10 southern republican congressmen; the Democrats were way more popular in the south, with 94 congressmen and 21 senators.

The reasons why more Republicans voted for this act was because of the Southern Democrats, who were more conservative than the general Democratic party. Then after the Civil Rights Act, the Democrats for the most part became Republican. This is why the South is now a major GOP base. This DOES NOT mean that the GOP is racist, I doubt they are. I am just saying that the Democrat to Republican conversion made the South controlled by the GOP.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 7:15:31 PM
However Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton were still Democrats from the South though that favored the Civil Rights Act and aren't racists. Many party leaders from the modern day are not racist, although party leaders from the 1960s sometimes were (such as George Wallace).

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 7:34:37 PM
I don't know, I don't really see a problem with this. Seems like a waste of time and resources for an administration that will have the support of this demo regardless.

Seems perfectly fair for a specific minority group to largely support a similar minority individual though. I'd expect the same type of support by Mormons of Mitt Romney. Similarly, the demographic of ornery white people whose ideas might sound good in theory but don't work out in the real world, should logically support Ron Paul.
Debate.org Moderator