Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

To people who hate capitalism

Mimshot
Posts: 275
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 11:56:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Can someone please explain what this thread is about?
Mimshot: I support the 1956 Republican platform
DDMx: So, you're a socialist?
Mimshot: Yes
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 1:52:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 11:56:25 AM, Mimshot wrote:
Can someone please explain what this thread is about?

its about people who ARE ALWAYS YELLING LIKE THIS AND SHOULD USE LOWERCASE INSTEAD OF KEEPING EVERYTHING IN CAPS
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 2:17:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 11:56:25 AM, Mimshot wrote:
Can someone please explain what this thread is about?

There are those in todays society so uninformed on history and principle that they believe in capitalism as a god. They love large corporations and multinational money lenders. They think this sort of thing proves their point because they find it funny and/or slick. They go by the name Neo Con...neo meaning new, Con meaning fraud (they prefer conservative).
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 2:33:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 2:17:20 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/3/2012 11:56:25 AM, Mimshot wrote:
Can someone please explain what this thread is about?

There are those in todays society so uninformed on history and principle that they believe in capitalism as a god. They love large corporations and multinational money lenders. They think this sort of thing proves their point because they find it funny and/or slick. They go by the name Neo Con...neo meaning new, Con meaning fraud (they prefer conservative).

That's not a free market but a state sponsored corporatist State. The U.S. is far from a free market and one can expect that a truly freed (thanks Konkin) market wouldn't look anything like the American economy. One can't really argue that subsidies, bailouts, regulations, trade barriers, etc. don't help prop up large corporations.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Mimshot
Posts: 275
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 2:57:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 1:52:28 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/3/2012 11:56:25 AM, Mimshot wrote:
Can someone please explain what this thread is about?

its about people who ARE ALWAYS YELLING LIKE THIS AND SHOULD USE LOWERCASE INSTEAD OF KEEPING EVERYTHING IN CAPS

Wow, that's obnoxious. What does it have to do with... oh, wait I get it.
Mimshot: I support the 1956 Republican platform
DDMx: So, you're a socialist?
Mimshot: Yes
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 2:58:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 2:33:10 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 3/3/2012 2:17:20 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/3/2012 11:56:25 AM, Mimshot wrote:
Can someone please explain what this thread is about?

There are those in todays society so uninformed on history and principle that they believe in capitalism as a god. They love large corporations and multinational money lenders. They think this sort of thing proves their point because they find it funny and/or slick. They go by the name Neo Con...neo meaning new, Con meaning fraud (they prefer conservative).

That's not a free market but a state sponsored corporatist State. The U.S. is far from a free market and one can expect that a truly freed (thanks Konkin) market wouldn't look anything like the American economy. One can't really argue that subsidies, bailouts, regulations, trade barriers, etc. don't help prop up large corporations.

There has never been, in the whole of history, a Free Market, nor a Free Market economy, they are myths.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 3:01:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 2:58:47 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/3/2012 2:33:10 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 3/3/2012 2:17:20 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/3/2012 11:56:25 AM, Mimshot wrote:
Can someone please explain what this thread is about?

There are those in todays society so uninformed on history and principle that they believe in capitalism as a god. They love large corporations and multinational money lenders. They think this sort of thing proves their point because they find it funny and/or slick. They go by the name Neo Con...neo meaning new, Con meaning fraud (they prefer conservative).

That's not a free market but a state sponsored corporatist State. The U.S. is far from a free market and one can expect that a truly freed (thanks Konkin) market wouldn't look anything like the American economy. One can't really argue that subsidies, bailouts, regulations, trade barriers, etc. don't help prop up large corporations.

There has never been, in the whole of history, a Free Market, nor a Free Market economy, they are myths.

No, but there have been economics and societies which were almost exactly based on free markets.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 3:07:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 2:58:47 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/3/2012 2:33:10 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 3/3/2012 2:17:20 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/3/2012 11:56:25 AM, Mimshot wrote:
Can someone please explain what this thread is about?

There are those in todays society so uninformed on history and principle that they believe in capitalism as a god. They love large corporations and multinational money lenders. They think this sort of thing proves their point because they find it funny and/or slick. They go by the name Neo Con...neo meaning new, Con meaning fraud (they prefer conservative).

That's not a free market but a state sponsored corporatist State. The U.S. is far from a free market and one can expect that a truly freed (thanks Konkin) market wouldn't look anything like the American economy. One can't really argue that subsidies, bailouts, regulations, trade barriers, etc. don't help prop up large corporations.

There has never been, in the whole of history, a Free Market, nor a Free Market economy, they are myths.

I agree. I don't see it as an argument against an entirely free market though. There's also never been a society completely devoid of infringement on property rights or murder. My point is that one can't expect the American economy to look the way it does devoid of government interference on the part of big business. The American economy has been bloated with policies and special privileges that help large corporations at the expense of everyone else. Neocons are as far from free market advocates as modern liberals.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 3:31:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 3:07:19 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 3/3/2012 2:58:47 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/3/2012 2:33:10 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 3/3/2012 2:17:20 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/3/2012 11:56:25 AM, Mimshot wrote:
Can someone please explain what this thread is about?

There are those in todays society so uninformed on history and principle that they believe in capitalism as a god. They love large corporations and multinational money lenders. They think this sort of thing proves their point because they find it funny and/or slick. They go by the name Neo Con...neo meaning new, Con meaning fraud (they prefer conservative).

That's not a free market but a state sponsored corporatist State. The U.S. is far from a free market and one can expect that a truly freed (thanks Konkin) market wouldn't look anything like the American economy. One can't really argue that subsidies, bailouts, regulations, trade barriers, etc. don't help prop up large corporations.

There has never been, in the whole of history, a Free Market, nor a Free Market economy, they are myths.

I agree. I don't see it as an argument against an entirely free market though. There's also never been a society completely devoid of infringement on property rights or murder. My point is that one can't expect the American economy to look the way it does devoid of government interference on the part of big business. The American economy has been bloated with policies and special privileges that help large corporations at the expense of everyone else. Neocons are as far from free market advocates as modern liberals.

Your right, but I disagree with the point that neocons are as far from true free markets as modern liberals.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.