Total Posts:88|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Modern Republican

000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 3:16:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
To be clear, this is not an attack on Conservatives. It is an attack on Republicans.

There are people like Detectableninja that often liken both parties as virtually identical entities bickering with themselves. There are people who think that anything Democrats accuse Republicans of are likely guilty of it themselves & vice versa. It is not true. Republicans are in every way more narrow minded, generally less educated, and generally more insulting than Democrats.

They worship Rush Limbaugh, but any intellectual on this site, left, right, center, would probably agree that Limbaugh is a partisan bigot without anything legitimate to offer the world. Case in point, video to your right --->

Education

- States that voted for Kerry in 2004 had 21 percent more college graduates than states that voted for Bush.

- The states that ranked the lowest for high school and college graduates were all red states.

- Eight out of 10 of the states that ranked the highest for high school college graduates were blue states. (The number one state, by far, is Colorado — technically a red state because it went for Bush by a small margin, but effectively a "purple" state because it's become so politically mixed.) (http://www.eduinreview.com...)

They attack women, they attack gays, they attack Black People. Santorum is against birth control, abortions, and would generally have women cleaning at home than working. Santorum calls homosexuality immoral - A republican audience booed a soldier because he was gay. Santorum and Gingrich have both said that Blacks should get off the food stamps and actually look for work.

And then, the part that I find most idiotic is that the intellectuals of the party are generally ignored. Chris Christie and Joe Scarborough for example would qualify as intelligent Republicans because they speak against the nonsense, if someone starts spouting birther cries against the president they would say something against it.

In the end, Republicans of today are worse by every conceivable fashion than Democrats. They serve and create equally bloated governments, except one is up front about it and the other lies to get you to vote for them.

Its disturbing. Looking across the aisle, looking objectively, putting aside partisan bias, it is still disturbing....
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 3:21:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Post hoc ad hoc.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 3:49:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The same could be said about Democrats on many issues.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 3:50:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 3:49:25 PM, OberHerr wrote:
The same could be said about Democrats on many issues.

Not really considering democrats policy preferences are based on reality and data the exact opposite of what republicans base their opinions on.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 3:56:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I dont think republicans worship Limbaugh any more than Dems worship Obama.

Hollywood has taught people not to cling too tightly to their 'heroes'..in that sense, Hollywood is a great thing.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 3:59:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 3:56:32 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I dont think republicans worship Limbaugh any more than Dems worship Obama.

Hollywood has taught people not to cling too tightly to their 'heroes'..in that sense, Hollywood is a great thing.

Completely agreed. I personally dislike Rush anyways.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 4:08:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Dude, she wants our tax dollars to too free contraception for woman! That means we would all be paying for women to have sex. Women who want to be paid for sex are sluts! lol
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 5:17:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was mentioned by name in a non-mafia post?

YAAAAAAAAY!

Anyhoozle: now to actually read the post. brb.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 5:32:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Virtually everything you just said can be applied to Democrats if you change the issues around. Guess what, from the other side of the aisle it's the Democrats that are the ignorant bigots you can't trust. I'm not trying to defend the Republican party, because I am really not a fan of it, but things are practically never one sided and I wish you would see that.

This is what disturbs me, I can tell that you're obviously a very sharp guy, and yet you continually group people like this. Do you honestly think that the Democratic party is free of idiots like the birthers? You have another thing coming if you believe that.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Mimshot
Posts: 275
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 5:35:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 5:32:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
Virtually everything you just said can be applied to Democrats if you change the issues around.

Name some?
Mimshot: I support the 1956 Republican platform
DDMx: So, you're a socialist?
Mimshot: Yes
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 5:37:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 5:35:29 PM, Mimshot wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:32:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
Virtually everything you just said can be applied to Democrats if you change the issues around.

Name some?

You doubt that I can find some correlation-causation fallacies to commit against Democrats? Just go on a right-wing blog dude, they're full of that partisan bullsh1t.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 5:43:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 5:37:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:35:29 PM, Mimshot wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:32:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
Virtually everything you just said can be applied to Democrats if you change the issues around.

Name some?

You doubt that I can find some correlation-causation fallacies to commit against Democrats? Just go on a right-wing blog dude, they're full of that partisan bullsh1t.

Are you going to name some or not?
Mimshot
Posts: 275
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 5:45:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 5:37:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:35:29 PM, Mimshot wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:32:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
Virtually everything you just said can be applied to Democrats if you change the issues around.

Name some?

You doubt that I can find some correlation-causation fallacies to commit against Democrats? Just go on a right-wing blog dude, they're full of that partisan bullsh1t.

I was talking more about the bigotry and ad hominem stuff, but have it your way. You still haven't given an example.
Mimshot: I support the 1956 Republican platform
DDMx: So, you're a socialist?
Mimshot: Yes
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 5:46:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 5:43:58 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:37:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:35:29 PM, Mimshot wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:32:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
Virtually everything you just said can be applied to Democrats if you change the issues around.

Name some?

You doubt that I can find some correlation-causation fallacies to commit against Democrats? Just go on a right-wing blog dude, they're full of that partisan bullsh1t.

Are you going to name some or not?

Ignorant fool, the entire purpose of my post was that all this grouping people like this is idiotic. So no, I'm not going to attack Democrats because I have no desire to. I don't believe in Partisan Politics. If you honestly think that there is not a single thing I could attack the Democratic party about, than you're even less intelligent than you accuse others of being.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 5:48:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 5:45:16 PM, Mimshot wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:37:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:35:29 PM, Mimshot wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:32:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
Virtually everything you just said can be applied to Democrats if you change the issues around.

Name some?

You doubt that I can find some correlation-causation fallacies to commit against Democrats? Just go on a right-wing blog dude, they're full of that partisan bullsh1t.

I was talking more about the bigotry and ad hominem stuff, but have it your way. You still haven't given an example.

Here are some left wing bigots for you, lol.

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Mimshot
Posts: 275
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 5:50:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 5:46:57 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:43:58 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:37:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:35:29 PM, Mimshot wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:32:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
Virtually everything you just said can be applied to Democrats if you change the issues around.

Name some?

You doubt that I can find some correlation-causation fallacies to commit against Democrats? Just go on a right-wing blog dude, they're full of that partisan bullsh1t.

Are you going to name some or not?

Ignorant fool, the entire purpose of my post was that all this grouping people like this is idiotic. So no, I'm not going to attack Democrats because I have no desire to. I don't believe in Partisan Politics. If you honestly think that there is not a single thing I could attack the Democratic party about, than you're even less intelligent than you accuse others of being.

Who did I accuse of being unintelligent? I think you have confused me with yourself.
Mimshot: I support the 1956 Republican platform
DDMx: So, you're a socialist?
Mimshot: Yes
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 5:51:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 5:50:05 PM, Mimshot wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:46:57 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:43:58 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:37:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:35:29 PM, Mimshot wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:32:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
Virtually everything you just said can be applied to Democrats if you change the issues around.

Name some?

You doubt that I can find some correlation-causation fallacies to commit against Democrats? Just go on a right-wing blog dude, they're full of that partisan bullsh1t.

Are you going to name some or not?

Ignorant fool, the entire purpose of my post was that all this grouping people like this is idiotic. So no, I'm not going to attack Democrats because I have no desire to. I don't believe in Partisan Politics. If you honestly think that there is not a single thing I could attack the Democratic party about, than you're even less intelligent than you accuse others of being.

Who did I accuse of being unintelligent? I think you have confused me with yourself.

I was talking to starcraft, from the posts I've seen from you so far, I have no reason to dislike you :)
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 5:53:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 5:46:57 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:43:58 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:37:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:35:29 PM, Mimshot wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:32:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
Virtually everything you just said can be applied to Democrats if you change the issues around.

Name some?

You doubt that I can find some correlation-causation fallacies to commit against Democrats? Just go on a right-wing blog dude, they're full of that partisan bullsh1t.

Are you going to name some or not?

Ignorant fool, the entire purpose of my post was that all this grouping people like this is idiotic. So no, I'm not going to attack Democrats because I have no desire to. I don't believe in Partisan Politics. If you honestly think that there is not a single thing I could attack the Democratic party about, than you're even less intelligent than you accuse others of being.

Don't get pissed and be because you were full of $hit and unable to name any examples.
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 5:55:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 5:53:43 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:46:57 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:43:58 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:37:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:35:29 PM, Mimshot wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:32:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
Virtually everything you just said can be applied to Democrats if you change the issues around.

Name some?

You doubt that I can find some correlation-causation fallacies to commit against Democrats? Just go on a right-wing blog dude, they're full of that partisan bullsh1t.

Are you going to name some or not?

Ignorant fool, the entire purpose of my post was that all this grouping people like this is idiotic. So no, I'm not going to attack Democrats because I have no desire to. I don't believe in Partisan Politics. If you honestly think that there is not a single thing I could attack the Democratic party about, than you're even less intelligent than you accuse others of being.

Don't get pissed and be because you were full of $hit and unable to name any examples.

^ Look at this guy! I'll repeat it, because I guess you didn't see it the first time:

"Ignorant fool, the entire purpose of my post was that all this grouping people like this is idiotic. So no, I'm not going to attack Democrats because I have no desire to. I don't believe in Partisan Politics. If you honestly think that there is not a single thing I could attack the Democratic party about, than you're even less intelligent than you accuse others of being."
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 5:58:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 5:55:07 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:53:43 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:46:57 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:43:58 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:37:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:35:29 PM, Mimshot wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:32:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
Virtually everything you just said can be applied to Democrats if you change the issues around.

Name some?

You doubt that I can find some correlation-causation fallacies to commit against Democrats? Just go on a right-wing blog dude, they're full of that partisan bullsh1t.

Are you going to name some or not?

Ignorant fool, the entire purpose of my post was that all this grouping people like this is idiotic. So no, I'm not going to attack Democrats because I have no desire to. I don't believe in Partisan Politics. If you honestly think that there is not a single thing I could attack the Democratic party about, than you're even less intelligent than you accuse others of being.

Don't get pissed and be because you were full of $hit and unable to name any examples.

^ Look at this guy! I'll repeat it, because I guess you didn't see it the first time:

"Ignorant fool, the entire purpose of my post was that all this grouping people like this is idiotic. So no, I'm not going to attack Democrats because I have no desire to.
NA its mostly because you cant do it
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 6:04:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 5:32:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
Virtually everything you just said can be applied to Democrats if you change the issues around. Guess what, from the other side of the aisle it's the Democrats that are the ignorant bigots you can't trust. I'm not trying to defend the Republican party, because I am really not a fan of it, but things are practically never one sided and I wish you would see that.

This is what disturbs me, I can tell that you're obviously a very sharp guy, and yet you continually group people like this. Do you honestly think that the Democratic party is free of idiots like the birthers? You have another thing coming if you believe that.

I'm not sure why you think this post implied the Democratic party was perfect or "free of idiots", but that has nothing to do with what I was saying. I'm saying that ultimately, Republicans are worse. Ultimately, they tend to be less educated. Ultimately they tend to bigoted in regards to things people cannot control (ie. being a woman, gay, or black). Ultimately they tend to be more hostile and callous in their attacks on people.

I don't quite like how you rush into argument from intimidation everytime I criticize Republicans or Conservatives. It isn't a sign of stupidity to say they generally act in this way. Its the truth, even if you may not like it.

It would actually be better if you showed me these MIRROR instances of Democratic misconduct in the same height, consistency, and popularity as in the Republican party. Maybe then I'd be easier to see what kind of point you're trying to make.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 6:12:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 6:04:29 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:32:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
Virtually everything you just said can be applied to Democrats if you change the issues around. Guess what, from the other side of the aisle it's the Democrats that are the ignorant bigots you can't trust. I'm not trying to defend the Republican party, because I am really not a fan of it, but things are practically never one sided and I wish you would see that.

This is what disturbs me, I can tell that you're obviously a very sharp guy, and yet you continually group people like this. Do you honestly think that the Democratic party is free of idiots like the birthers? You have another thing coming if you believe that.



It would actually be better if you showed me these MIRROR instances of Democratic misconduct in the same height, consistency, and popularity as in the Republican party. Maybe then I'd be easier to see what kind of point you're trying to make.

Sorry, I'm not into correlation causation fallacies and partisan bickering, so I'll pass on trying to attack Democrats.

I can't believe that all 3 of you failed to see the purpose of my post. I'm not trying to weigh which party is "better". I dont give a damn. I'll say that again, because people seem to be misunderstanding it: I do not give a damn about the Republican party.

That you would waste all the time to research and create a post just so that you can commit correlation causation fallacies against the party that doesn't conform to your ideals is one of the problems we have today. Partisan politics suck.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 6:19:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 6:12:52 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 6:04:29 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:32:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
Virtually everything you just said can be applied to Democrats if you change the issues around. Guess what, from the other side of the aisle it's the Democrats that are the ignorant bigots you can't trust. I'm not trying to defend the Republican party, because I am really not a fan of it, but things are practically never one sided and I wish you would see that.

This is what disturbs me, I can tell that you're obviously a very sharp guy, and yet you continually group people like this. Do you honestly think that the Democratic party is free of idiots like the birthers? You have another thing coming if you believe that.



It would actually be better if you showed me these MIRROR instances of Democratic misconduct in the same height, consistency, and popularity as in the Republican party. Maybe then I'd be easier to see what kind of point you're trying to make.


Sorry, I'm not into correlation causation fallacies and partisan bickering, so I'll pass on trying to attack Democrats.

I can't believe that all 3 of you failed to see the purpose of my post. I'm not trying to weigh which party is "better". I dont give a damn. I'll say that again, because people seem to be misunderstanding it: I do not give a damn about the Republican party.

That you would waste all the time to research and create a post just so that you can commit correlation causation fallacies against the party that doesn't conform to your ideals is one of the problems we have today. Partisan politics suck.

Your counter argument comes across to me like a knee-jerk reaction... You can't actually produce any evidence that shows Democrats are as bad as Republicans, but you want to maintain that the statement is true.

I never said Republicans are uneducated because they are republicans. I said that they TEND to be uneducated. So, please enlighten me, where did I make these correlation causation fallacies?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 6:25:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 6:19:27 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/3/2012 6:12:52 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 6:04:29 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:32:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
Virtually everything you just said can be applied to Democrats if you change the issues around. Guess what, from the other side of the aisle it's the Democrats that are the ignorant bigots you can't trust. I'm not trying to defend the Republican party, because I am really not a fan of it, but things are practically never one sided and I wish you would see that.

This is what disturbs me, I can tell that you're obviously a very sharp guy, and yet you continually group people like this. Do you honestly think that the Democratic party is free of idiots like the birthers? You have another thing coming if you believe that.



It would actually be better if you showed me these MIRROR instances of Democratic misconduct in the same height, consistency, and popularity as in the Republican party. Maybe then I'd be easier to see what kind of point you're trying to make.


Sorry, I'm not into correlation causation fallacies and partisan bickering, so I'll pass on trying to attack Democrats.

I can't believe that all 3 of you failed to see the purpose of my post. I'm not trying to weigh which party is "better". I dont give a damn. I'll say that again, because people seem to be misunderstanding it: I do not give a damn about the Republican party.

That you would waste all the time to research and create a post just so that you can commit correlation causation fallacies against the party that doesn't conform to your ideals is one of the problems we have today. Partisan politics suck.

Your counter argument comes across to me like a knee-jerk reaction... You can't actually produce any evidence that shows Democrats are as bad as Republicans, but you want to maintain that the statement is true.

Omg. How can this still not be getting through? Things are not one sided, and you should be intelligent enough to know that. You honestly believe there is no evidence out there insulting democrats? I don't feel like searching for it, because mean spirited Party Politics is something to avoid, but you're a fool if you think that there's nothing statistically bad about Democrats, and I suspect you know that.

I never said Republicans are uneducated because they are republicans. I said that they TEND to be uneducated. So, please enlighten me, where did I make these correlation causation fallacies?

Don't insult my intelligence. You expect me to believe that your textbook left wing post was merely to enlighten people on little known statistical facts? A bit of trivia, if you will? Of course not, you yourself even stated it was an attack on Republicans. You should be thinking of ways to reason with and work with Republicans, not attacking them.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 6:26:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 3:16:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
To be clear, this is not an attack on Conservatives. It is an attack on Republicans.

There are people like Detectableninja that often liken both parties as virtually identical entities bickering with themselves. There are people who think that anything Democrats accuse Republicans of are likely guilty of it themselves & vice versa. It is not true. Republicans are in every way more narrow minded, generally less educated, and generally more insulting than Democrats.

They worship Rush Limbaugh

Who worships Rush Limbaugh? All Republicans?

, but any intellectual on this site, left, right, center, would probably agree that Limbaugh is a partisan bigot without anything legitimate to offer the world.

Education

- States that voted for Kerry in 2004 had 21 percent more college graduates than states that voted for Bush.

- The states that ranked the lowest for high school and college graduates were all red states.

- Eight out of 10 of the states that ranked the highest for high school college graduates were blue states. (The number one state, by far, is Colorado — technically a red state because it went for Bush by a small margin, but effectively a "purple" state because it's become so politically mixed.) (http://www.eduinreview.com...)


All of this fails under the fact that correlation doses NOT equal causation.

They attack women, they attack gays, they attack Black People. Santorum is against birth control, abortions, and would generally have women cleaning at home than working. Santorum calls homosexuality immoral - A republican audience booed a soldier because he was gay. Santorum and Gingrich have both said that Blacks should get off the food stamps and actually look for work.

The only genuine people this proves as attacking women, gays, and blacks are Santorum, Gingrich, and those that booed in the Republican audience.

And then, the part that I find most idiotic is that the intellectuals of the party are generally ignored. Chris Christie and Joe Scarborough for example would qualify as intelligent Republicans because they speak against the nonsense, if someone starts spouting birther cries against the president they would say something against it.

Well, now you've just refuted yourself, haven't you? This entire OP was meant to show that Republicans are worse than Democrats. But the fact that you've just pointed out good Republicans goes against this.

In the end, Republicans of today are worse by every conceivable fashion than Democrats. They serve and create equally bloated governments, except one is up front about it and the other lies to get you to vote for them.

Again. Who are "they?"

Its disturbing. Looking across the aisle, looking objectively, putting aside partisan bias, it is still disturbing....

All in all, this entire post relies on fallacies of composition and stereotyping to define an entire group of people.

You say, "oh, look, some Republicans do this, therefore, Republicans are worse than Democrats."

All that has been proven is the idea that some people are worse than other people. There are Republicans and self-identified Republicans who do not attack gays, blacks, and women. Your sweeping generalizations do not stand.

To be honest, I'm very disappointed, 000ike. You've said many a time that you do not believe in the sweeping generalization, and that you aren't merely a mindless Democrat supporter. That may be true, and I'm sure on some level it is, but this post has really not shown that you don't believe in generalizations.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 6:32:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 6:25:37 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 6:19:27 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/3/2012 6:12:52 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 6:04:29 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:32:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
Virtually everything you just said can be applied to Democrats if you change the issues around. Guess what, from the other side of the aisle it's the Democrats that are the ignorant bigots you can't trust. I'm not trying to defend the Republican party, because I am really not a fan of it, but things are practically never one sided and I wish you would see that.

This is what disturbs me, I can tell that you're obviously a very sharp guy, and yet you continually group people like this. Do you honestly think that the Democratic party is free of idiots like the birthers? You have another thing coming if you believe that.



It would actually be better if you showed me these MIRROR instances of Democratic misconduct in the same height, consistency, and popularity as in the Republican party. Maybe then I'd be easier to see what kind of point you're trying to make.


Sorry, I'm not into correlation causation fallacies and partisan bickering, so I'll pass on trying to attack Democrats.

I can't believe that all 3 of you failed to see the purpose of my post. I'm not trying to weigh which party is "better". I dont give a damn. I'll say that again, because people seem to be misunderstanding it: I do not give a damn about the Republican party.

That you would waste all the time to research and create a post just so that you can commit correlation causation fallacies against the party that doesn't conform to your ideals is one of the problems we have today. Partisan politics suck.

Your counter argument comes across to me like a knee-jerk reaction... You can't actually produce any evidence that shows Democrats are as bad as Republicans, but you want to maintain that the statement is true.

Omg. How can this still not be getting through? Things are not one sided, and you should be intelligent enough to know that. You honestly believe there is no evidence out there insulting democrats? I don't feel like searching for it, because mean spirited Party Politics is something to avoid, but you're a fool if you think that there's nothing statistically bad about Democrats, and I suspect you know that.

strawman. Instead of producing some evidence of Democratic bigotry you change the argument....as if I ever said there are no democratic idiots. The argument here is that the Republican party is WORSE. The fact is that you can't handle that kind of attack even though its true, and you protest without actually having real proof against it. Then you rely on the PROBABILITY that there are SOME Democratic idiots as a counter argument. I'm aware there are many idiotic liberals/democrats,...but I never said there weren't.

Not once have you actually disputed the argument that republicans are worse. You can't accept that being true even if all the evidence demonstrates that it is.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 6:34:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, now you've just refuted yourself, haven't you? This entire OP was meant to show that Republicans are worse than Democrats. But the fact that you've just pointed out good Republicans goes against this.

some good Republicans =/= most republicans are good. Its pretty obvious that I didn't "refute" myself by calling 2 Republicans intelligent,...when I never even said all republicans are stupid. I think you're aware of this too, so I'll leave it at that.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 6:35:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 6:34:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
Well, now you've just refuted yourself, haven't you? This entire OP was meant to show that Republicans are worse than Democrats. But the fact that you've just pointed out good Republicans goes against this.

some good Republicans =/= most republicans are good. Its pretty obvious that I didn't "refute" myself by calling 2 Republicans intelligent,...when I never even said all republicans are stupid. I think you're aware of this too, so I'll leave it at that.

Some bad Republicans =/= mos Republicans are bad.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 6:37:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 6:32:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/3/2012 6:25:37 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 6:19:27 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/3/2012 6:12:52 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/3/2012 6:04:29 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:32:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
Virtually everything you just said can be applied to Democrats if you change the issues around. Guess what, from the other side of the aisle it's the Democrats that are the ignorant bigots you can't trust. I'm not trying to defend the Republican party, because I am really not a fan of it, but things are practically never one sided and I wish you would see that.

This is what disturbs me, I can tell that you're obviously a very sharp guy, and yet you continually group people like this. Do you honestly think that the Democratic party is free of idiots like the birthers? You have another thing coming if you believe that.



It would actually be better if you showed me these MIRROR instances of Democratic misconduct in the same height, consistency, and popularity as in the Republican party. Maybe then I'd be easier to see what kind of point you're trying to make.


Sorry, I'm not into correlation causation fallacies and partisan bickering, so I'll pass on trying to attack Democrats.

I can't believe that all 3 of you failed to see the purpose of my post. I'm not trying to weigh which party is "better". I dont give a damn. I'll say that again, because people seem to be misunderstanding it: I do not give a damn about the Republican party.

That you would waste all the time to research and create a post just so that you can commit correlation causation fallacies against the party that doesn't conform to your ideals is one of the problems we have today. Partisan politics suck.

Your counter argument comes across to me like a knee-jerk reaction... You can't actually produce any evidence that shows Democrats are as bad as Republicans, but you want to maintain that the statement is true.

Omg. How can this still not be getting through? Things are not one sided, and you should be intelligent enough to know that. You honestly believe there is no evidence out there insulting democrats? I don't feel like searching for it, because mean spirited Party Politics is something to avoid, but you're a fool if you think that there's nothing statistically bad about Democrats, and I suspect you know that.

strawman. Instead of producing some evidence of Democratic bigotry you change the argument....as if I ever said there are no democratic idiots. The argument here is that the Republican party is WORSE. The fact is that you can't handle that kind of attack even though its true, and you protest without actually having real proof against it. Then you rely on the PROBABILITY that there are SOME Democratic idiots as a counter argument. I'm aware there are many idiotic liberals/democrats,...but I never said there weren't.

Not once have you actually disputed the argument that republicans are worse. You can't accept that being true even if all the evidence demonstrates that it is.

Lol!! You know what, screw it. You want to believe that the Democratic party is this perfect, wonderful institution and that Republicans are evil bigots? Fine, have fun with that. I wont engage you in this thread anymore, because you still refuse to even consider the original meaning of my post even though I've clarified at least 3 times.

I'll say this one more time: I dont like correlation-causation fallacies or stereotypes, so I'm not going to find things to attack democrats on.

There is no objective way to measure "bad" that you've offered, so talking about which party is "better" or "worse" is a subjective matter, and counter productive to actual progress.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 6:39:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 6:35:42 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 3/3/2012 6:34:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
Well, now you've just refuted yourself, haven't you? This entire OP was meant to show that Republicans are worse than Democrats. But the fact that you've just pointed out good Republicans goes against this.

some good Republicans =/= most republicans are good. Its pretty obvious that I didn't "refute" myself by calling 2 Republicans intelligent,...when I never even said all republicans are stupid. I think you're aware of this too, so I'll leave it at that.

Some bad Republicans =/= mos Republicans are bad.

I actually mentioned stances that most Republicans support...and by virtue of supporting those positions make them bigots. Your whole argument requires me to survey every Republican in the country for my argument to be valid....and that's a ridiculous tactic.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault