Libertarian Bingo

MTGandP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2009 6:54:23 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/24/2009 6:42:10 PM, wjmelements wrote:
I either don't get it or it isn't funny.

I can infer from this statement that you do not find it funny. Well I thought it was pretty funny.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2009 8:05:08 PM
At 6/24/2009 4:19:34 PM, The-Hand wrote:
Ayn Rand would be laughing her head off.

I dunno, a sense of humor wasn't one of her virtues.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2009 8:19:25 AM
I suppose that means I'm not a troll, I make clear how much I mind those :)
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2009 6:45:00 PM
At 6/25/2009 2:49:07 AM, Volkov wrote:
Lol, "For some reason, doesn't mind government-funded roads."

I mind them too. http://www.Debate.org...
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Lifeisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2009 4:33:10 PM
Ooh! Ooh! Bingo!

Hold on a sec... is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2009 6:02:08 PM
I'm actually going to start keeping track of what the libertarians say on the forums and/or in debates. I want to see if I can get BINGO.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2009 6:54:45 PM
I only have a bingo if you take the "a" out of "There is no such thing as a society."
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2009 8:58:59 PM
FED BAD! INCOME TAX BAD! ALL PEOPLE WILL GIVE MASSIVE PORTIONS OF THEIR PAYCHECK TO CHARITY! FIAT CURRENCY BAD! IF YOU CAN't AFFORD MEDICAL CARE THEN YOU SHOULD JUST DIE, ALL FORMS OF TAXATION ARE THEFT! WE DON'T NEED A MILITARY! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!!!!!
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2009 9:05:07 PM
I will play this while listening to Jason Lewis. Even though he doesn't actually side with the libertarian party, it'll take me 5 minutes to get a blackout.
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2009 4:52:27 AM

Or you are libertarian.
So prove me wrong, then.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2009 6:46:49 PM
At 7/29/2009 4:52:27 AM, regebro wrote:

Or you are libertarian.

Brilliant observation. +5.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
woodand6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2009 8:57:27 PM
At 6/25/2009 2:49:07 AM, Volkov wrote:
Lol, "For some reason, doesn't mind government-funded roads."

I am a libertarian, and while I found some things about the bingo to be funny, a lot of them are misunderstood by most people. Public roads are one of those things. I HATE public roads. On public roads, workers are provided by the government and have no incentive to get a job done quickly. The government does not make money on a per-use basis, and does not lose when service is bad. The result of this is slow workers and inefficient use of resources. If roads were privatized then businesses would have an incentive to provide good service (good quality roads) and efficient use of resources (labor). Since it would be on either a per-use basis or some type of temporal pass (annual, seasonal, monthly) there is incentive for them to hire the cheapest labor and have it done quickly.
Also, in a libertarian state businesses would be fully accountable for their products, so if a road provider took the cheap route (pun?) and cut corners on road construction causing an injury, they would have to compensate the individual (or family, loved ones, etc. in result of death).
For those who are environmentalists, privatizing roads would probably (read "would") result in less traffic. People would ration their driving and plan their lives better. People would not go to the grocery store every day, and when they do they would plan better. Shopping would be consolidated and more efficiently planned as well. If it were a system based on a pass rather than per-use, it could be argued that people would drive more to get their money's worth. This claim is silly, since very few, if any, have that mentality now. No one drives on all roads across their state just because they paid for it, and they would not do it if they paid for a pass either. Those who drive locally would spend less money and those who drive more and in a larger area would spend more.