Total Posts:55|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Failure of Medicaid and SCHIP

jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 12:40:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Medicaid and SCHIP have been utter failures. The government spends hundreds of billions of dollars on these programs yet there is no evidence that they improve health quality or access to health care at all. In fact, people on Medicaid and SCHIP have a very tough time getting access to health care.

A study found that 11% of children on private insurance get rejected from doctors. For children on SCHIP or Medicaid, 67% get rejected [1]. This difference was accross specialities.

Another study from the GAO found that children that are uninsured have better access to health care than children on Medicaid and SCHIP. Of course, children with private insurance have much better access than both children on Medicaid and SCHIP and uninsured children. This study also found that the main causes for doctors rejecting Medicaid and SCHIP patients was low reimbursements and government paperwork and billing requirements. The typical government innefficiencies, that is [2].

Yet another study found that internists are 8.5 times as likely to reject patients with Medicaid than they are patients with private insurance [3].

Finally, a landmark study from UVA found that patients with Medicaid had worse surgical outcomes than uninsured patients. Surgical patients without insurance had a death rate 74% higher than patients with private insurance. Surgical patients with Medicaid had a death rate 97% higher than patients with private insurance [4].

In other words, there is no evidence that having Medicaid or SCHIP is all that much better than being uninsured. This is bad for Obamacare because it drastically expands Medicaid by about 16 million people.

So, to recap, the reasons that these government health programs perform so poorly is that they don't reimburse doctors enough. As the GAO survey showed us, the largest reason doctors denied access to Medicaid and SCHIP patients was low reimbursements. However, the GAO survey also showed that another major reason for denying access is government innefficiencies like paperwork, delayed reimbursements, and billing requirements [2].

So, next time you hear someone talking about how great socialized medicine is and how we should expand Medicaid and SCHIP to cover more people remember how badly the programs are working for the people currently on them.

[1] http://www.forbes.com...

[2] http://www.forbes.com...

[3] http://www.forbes.com...

[4] http://www.avikroy.org...
President of DDO
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 12:43:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Good post. I think the best way to go is to make privatized health care more affordable rather than go with socialized medicine. If only we put it in action.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 12:46:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 12:43:00 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Good post. I think the best way to go is to make privatized health care more affordable rather than go with socialized medicine. If only we put it in action.

I would agree. The key, in my view, is focusing on giving individuals more incentive to be cost conscious with their health dollars. This can be done through HSAs and other market mechanisms like cost sharing in public programs.

I also think we need to have substantial tort reform and FDA reform to make drugs cheaper. These things will lead to a dramatically better and cheaper system.

Also, thanks for reporting Starcraftzzz. I'm just gonna ignore that thread.
President of DDO
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 12:49:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 12:46:11 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/4/2012 12:43:00 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Good post. I think the best way to go is to make privatized health care more affordable rather than go with socialized medicine. If only we put it in action.

I would agree. The key, in my view, is focusing on giving individuals more incentive to be cost conscious with their health dollars. This can be done through HSAs and other market mechanisms like cost sharing in public programs.

I also think we need to have substantial tort reform and FDA reform to make drugs cheaper. These things will lead to a dramatically better and cheaper system.


Also, thanks for reporting Starcraftzzz. I'm just gonna ignore that thread.

No problem
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 1:05:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 1:03:07 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Why is the government even in healthcare?...

Good question. It doesn't seem to have helped anyone.
President of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 1:06:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 1:05:26 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/4/2012 1:03:07 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Why is the government even in healthcare?...

Good question. It doesn't seem to have helped anyone.

And what really bothers me is that:

illegals
poor people
old people
government workers

All get "free" healthcare courtesy of working America.

Disgusting.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 1:07:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 1:06:49 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/4/2012 1:05:26 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/4/2012 1:03:07 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Why is the government even in healthcare?...

Good question. It doesn't seem to have helped anyone.

And what really bothers me is that:

illegals
poor people
old people
government workers

All get "free" healthcare courtesy of working America.

Disgusting.

Ya, especially illegals.

It really is an awful system.
President of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 1:11:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 1:07:30 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/4/2012 1:06:49 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/4/2012 1:05:26 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/4/2012 1:03:07 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Why is the government even in healthcare?...

Good question. It doesn't seem to have helped anyone.

And what really bothers me is that:

illegals
poor people
old people
government workers

All get "free" healthcare courtesy of working America.

Disgusting.


Ya, especially illegals.

It really is an awful system.

Which is why I don't get Obamacare...

Medicare and Medicaid cover everyone that "needs" healthcare.

I'm actually a fan of eliminating healthcare save for catostrophic healthcare which would cover being run over and cancer only and that's about it...
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 1:12:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 1:11:09 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/4/2012 1:07:30 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/4/2012 1:06:49 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/4/2012 1:05:26 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/4/2012 1:03:07 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Why is the government even in healthcare?...

Good question. It doesn't seem to have helped anyone.

And what really bothers me is that:

illegals
poor people
old people
government workers

All get "free" healthcare courtesy of working America.

Disgusting.


Ya, especially illegals.

It really is an awful system.

Which is why I don't get Obamacare...

Medicare and Medicaid cover everyone that "needs" healthcare.

I'm actually a fan of eliminating healthcare save for catostrophic healthcare which would cover being run over and cancer only and that's about it...

I think we ought to only have catastrophic coverage. Individuals should cover the rest up front.
President of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 1:20:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 1:12:33 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/4/2012 1:11:09 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/4/2012 1:07:30 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/4/2012 1:06:49 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/4/2012 1:05:26 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/4/2012 1:03:07 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Why is the government even in healthcare?...

Good question. It doesn't seem to have helped anyone.

And what really bothers me is that:

illegals
poor people
old people
government workers

All get "free" healthcare courtesy of working America.

Disgusting.


Ya, especially illegals.

It really is an awful system.

Which is why I don't get Obamacare...

Medicare and Medicaid cover everyone that "needs" healthcare.

I'm actually a fan of eliminating healthcare save for catostrophic healthcare which would cover being run over and cancer only and that's about it...


I think we ought to only have catastrophic coverage. Individuals should cover the rest up front.

Agreed. No one has any personal responsibility anymore...
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 9:45:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Very nice post. Couldn't be truer.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 10:08:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 1:03:07 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Why is the government even in healthcare?...
Why is the goevrment in marriage?
Why are they in drugs?

In my opinion:

freedom means your allowed to f*ck yourselves up.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 10:14:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 12:40:08 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
Medicaid and SCHIP have been utter failures. The government spends hundreds of billions of dollars on these programs yet there is no evidence that they improve health quality or access to health care at all. In fact, people on Medicaid and SCHIP have a very tough time getting access to health care.

A study found that 11% of children on private insurance get rejected from doctors. For children on SCHIP or Medicaid, 67% get rejected [1]. This difference was accross specialities.

jesus doctors hate medicaid.
source: My dad (ophthalmologist)


Another study from the GAO found that children that are uninsured have better access to health care than children on Medicaid and SCHIP. Of course, children with private insurance have much better access than both children on Medicaid and SCHIP and uninsured children. This study also found that the main causes for doctors rejecting Medicaid and SCHIP patients was low reimbursements and government paperwork and billing requirements. The typical government innefficiencies, that is [2].

all goverment HC in america is inefficient and is poor. Also it requires doctors to fill out so much paperwork! Duh its gonna suck! XD


Yet another study found that internists are 8.5 times as likely to reject patients with Medicaid than they are patients with private insurance [3].

See above


Finally, a landmark study from UVA found that patients with Medicaid had worse surgical outcomes than uninsured patients. Surgical patients without insurance had a death rate 74% higher than patients with private insurance. Surgical patients with Medicaid had a death rate 97% higher than patients with private insurance [4].

because medicaid means the doctor gets paid less and they still have to work hard to see these patients. but I don't see how crappy insurance leads to crappy surgery as long as its covered.


In other words, there is no evidence that having Medicaid or SCHIP is all that much better than being uninsured. This is bad for Obamacare because it drastically expands Medicaid by about 16 million people.

"Hello, Devil. Welcome to Hell. " ~ "inherit the wind"


So, to recap, the reasons that these government health programs perform so poorly is that they don't reimburse doctors enough. As the GAO survey showed us, the largest reason doctors denied access to Medicaid and SCHIP patients was low reimbursements. However, the GAO survey also showed that another major reason for denying access is government innefficiencies like paperwork, delayed reimbursements, and billing requirements [2].

"Well, those are the boobs that make our laws. That's the democratic process. " still inherit the wind


So, next time you hear someone talking about how great socialized medicine is and how we should expand Medicaid and SCHIP to cover more people remember how badly the programs are working for the people currently on them.

"As long as the prerequisite for that shining paradise is ignorance, bigotry and hate, I say the hell with it. " still inherit the wind


[1] http://www.forbes.com...

[2] http://www.forbes.com...

[3] http://www.forbes.com...

[4] http://www.avikroy.org...

that book has a lot of good quotes for this...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 12:23:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Another point I'd like to add on here is that studies that compare health in the USA with other countries don't take into account the fact that a huge portion of our population is already on socialized medicine.

The fact of the matter is that people with private insurance in the USA have, by far, the best health care in the world. However, people with public health care have pretty bad access.

So, this is just something to keep in mind.
President of DDO
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 12:28:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 12:23:58 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Another point I'd like to add on here is that studies that compare health in the USA with other countries don't take into account the fact that a huge portion of our population is already on socialized medicine.

The fact of the matter is that people with private insurance in the USA have, by far, the best health care in the world. However, people with public health care have pretty bad access.

So, this is just something to keep in mind.

also we spend more because we are all fatty's! well even us skinny people are technically overweight :(
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 12:39:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 12:28:12 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 12:23:58 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Another point I'd like to add on here is that studies that compare health in the USA with other countries don't take into account the fact that a huge portion of our population is already on socialized medicine.

The fact of the matter is that people with private insurance in the USA have, by far, the best health care in the world. However, people with public health care have pretty bad access.

So, this is just something to keep in mind.

also we spend more because we are all fatty's! well even us skinny people are technically overweight :(

Ya, lol. I am considered pretty skinny. But, I bet I am fat by international standards, lol.
President of DDO
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 12:40:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 12:39:25 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/4/2012 12:28:12 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 12:23:58 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Another point I'd like to add on here is that studies that compare health in the USA with other countries don't take into account the fact that a huge portion of our population is already on socialized medicine.

The fact of the matter is that people with private insurance in the USA have, by far, the best health care in the world. However, people with public health care have pretty bad access.

So, this is just something to keep in mind.

also we spend more because we are all fatty's! well even us skinny people are technically overweight :(


Ya, lol. I am considered pretty skinny. But, I bet I am fat by international standards, lol.

same
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 12:42:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 12:40:06 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 12:39:25 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/4/2012 12:28:12 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 12:23:58 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Another point I'd like to add on here is that studies that compare health in the USA with other countries don't take into account the fact that a huge portion of our population is already on socialized medicine.

The fact of the matter is that people with private insurance in the USA have, by far, the best health care in the world. However, people with public health care have pretty bad access.

So, this is just something to keep in mind.

also we spend more because we are all fatty's! well even us skinny people are technically overweight :(


Ya, lol. I am considered pretty skinny. But, I bet I am fat by international standards, lol.

same

lol
President of DDO
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 9:25:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 12:40:08 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
Medicaid and SCHIP have been utter failures. The government spends hundreds of billions of dollars on these programs yet there is no evidence that they improve health quality or access to health care at all. In fact, people on Medicaid and SCHIP have a very tough time getting access to health care.

A study found that 11% of children on private insurance get rejected from doctors. For children on SCHIP or Medicaid, 67% get rejected [1]. This difference was accross specialities.

At 3/4/2012 12:40:08 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
Another study from the GAO found that children that are uninsured have better access to health care than children on Medicaid and SCHIP. Of course, children with private insurance have much better access than both children on Medicaid and SCHIP and uninsured children. This study also found that the main causes for doctors rejecting Medicaid and SCHIP patients was low reimbursements and government paperwork and billing requirements. The typical government innefficiencies, that is [2].
Odd cause when we actually go to the GAO report it says nothing of the sort. I wonder what this says about the rest..
http://www.gao.gov...

At 3/4/2012 1:06:49 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
illegals
I see so when illegals pay taxes we don't count that.

At 3/4/2012 1:06:49 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
government workers
I see so according to you workers shouldn't be paid for their work

At 3/4/2012 1:11:09 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Which is why I don't get Obamacare...

Medicare and Medicaid cover everyone that "needs" healthcare.

I'm actually a fan of eliminating healthcare save for catostrophic healthcare which would cover being run over and cancer only and that's about it...
45,000 people die each yer because they have access to health insurance. How you can conclude that people dieing because they dont have health care doesn't mean they need it is belong reason.
And Obamacare isn't just about expanding access to health care, its also makes it so insurance companies can't drug your coverage and partake in other amoral things, and it also puts in place measures to lower costs and make the system more efficient
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 9:39:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/5/2012 9:25:01 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/4/2012 12:40:08 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
Medicaid and SCHIP have been utter failures. The government spends hundreds of billions of dollars on these programs yet there is no evidence that they improve health quality or access to health care at all. In fact, people on Medicaid and SCHIP have a very tough time getting access to health care.

A study found that 11% of children on private insurance get rejected from doctors. For children on SCHIP or Medicaid, 67% get rejected [1]. This difference was accross specialities.

At 3/4/2012 12:40:08 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
Another study from the GAO found that children that are uninsured have better access to health care than children on Medicaid and SCHIP. Of course, children with private insurance have much better access than both children on Medicaid and SCHIP and uninsured children. This study also found that the main causes for doctors rejecting Medicaid and SCHIP patients was low reimbursements and government paperwork and billing requirements. The typical government innefficiencies, that is [2].
Odd cause when we actually go to the GAO report it says nothing of the sort. I wonder what this says about the rest..
http://www.gao.gov...



Odd how the report says exactly what I said it said.
President of DDO
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 9:45:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/5/2012 9:39:19 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/5/2012 9:25:01 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/4/2012 12:40:08 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
Medicaid and SCHIP have been utter failures. The government spends hundreds of billions of dollars on these programs yet there is no evidence that they improve health quality or access to health care at all. In fact, people on Medicaid and SCHIP have a very tough time getting access to health care.

A study found that 11% of children on private insurance get rejected from doctors. For children on SCHIP or Medicaid, 67% get rejected [1]. This difference was accross specialities.

At 3/4/2012 12:40:08 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
Another study from the GAO found that children that are uninsured have better access to health care than children on Medicaid and SCHIP. Of course, children with private insurance have much better access than both children on Medicaid and SCHIP and uninsured children. This study also found that the main causes for doctors rejecting Medicaid and SCHIP patients was low reimbursements and government paperwork and billing requirements. The typical government innefficiencies, that is [2].
Odd cause when we actually go to the GAO report it says nothing of the sort. I wonder what this says about the rest..
http://www.gao.gov...



Odd how the report says exactly what I said it said.

The report says 21% rather than 11%
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 9:47:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/5/2012 9:45:08 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/5/2012 9:39:19 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/5/2012 9:25:01 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/4/2012 12:40:08 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
Medicaid and SCHIP have been utter failures. The government spends hundreds of billions of dollars on these programs yet there is no evidence that they improve health quality or access to health care at all. In fact, people on Medicaid and SCHIP have a very tough time getting access to health care.

A study found that 11% of children on private insurance get rejected from doctors. For children on SCHIP or Medicaid, 67% get rejected [1]. This difference was accross specialities.

At 3/4/2012 12:40:08 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
Another study from the GAO found that children that are uninsured have better access to health care than children on Medicaid and SCHIP. Of course, children with private insurance have much better access than both children on Medicaid and SCHIP and uninsured children. This study also found that the main causes for doctors rejecting Medicaid and SCHIP patients was low reimbursements and government paperwork and billing requirements. The typical government innefficiencies, that is [2].
Odd cause when we actually go to the GAO report it says nothing of the sort. I wonder what this says about the rest..
http://www.gao.gov...



Odd how the report says exactly what I said it said.

The report says 21% rather than 11%

No, the study that says 11% is a different study from one of my other sources. I cited 4 studies in this post.

I never claimed the GAO study said anything about 11%.
President of DDO
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 10:06:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Also there are several problems with your sources.
1) They do not take into account that Medicare and CHIP patients are in worse health. Sources that include this fact find that Medicaid and CHIP improve health outcomes and the live of its beneficiaries
http://www.nytimes.com...
http://www.npr.org...
http://www.medscape.com...

2 Medicaid should be worse then private insurance given that it costs 30% less. Yet according to the studies its not that much worse.
http://thinkprogress.org...
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 10:08:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/5/2012 9:39:19 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/5/2012 9:25:01 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/4/2012 12:40:08 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
Medicaid and SCHIP have been utter failures. The government spends hundreds of billions of dollars on these programs yet there is no evidence that they improve health quality or access to health care at all. In fact, people on Medicaid and SCHIP have a very tough time getting access to health care.

A study found that 11% of children on private insurance get rejected from doctors. For children on SCHIP or Medicaid, 67% get rejected [1]. This difference was accross specialities.

At 3/4/2012 12:40:08 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
Another study from the GAO found that children that are uninsured have better access to health care than children on Medicaid and SCHIP. Of course, children with private insurance have much better access than both children on Medicaid and SCHIP and uninsured children. This study also found that the main causes for doctors rejecting Medicaid and SCHIP patients was low reimbursements and government paperwork and billing requirements. The typical government innefficiencies, that is [2].
Odd cause when we actually go to the GAO report it says nothing of the sort. I wonder what this says about the rest..
http://www.gao.gov...



Odd how the report says exactly what I said it said.

Your report doesn't even talk about the uninsured. So if it really says what you say ti does how about you copy and paste it in your response.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 10:11:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/5/2012 10:06:49 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
Also there are several problems with your sources.
1) They do not take into account that Medicare and CHIP patients are in worse health. Sources that include this fact find that Medicaid and CHIP improve health outcomes and the live of its beneficiaries
http://www.nytimes.com...
http://www.npr.org...
http://www.medscape.com...

2 Medicaid should be worse then private insurance given that it costs 30% less. Yet according to the studies its not that much worse.
http://thinkprogress.org...

Um, Medicaid costs have been growing quickly over the past 33 years. Plus, the other studies done did take into account the health differences.

They did a sample of calls to see if they got rejected or not. And, as physicians themselves said, the reason they don't take Medicaid is low reimbursements and government inneffficiencies.

What utter fail on your part.
President of DDO
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 10:15:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/5/2012 10:11:53 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/5/2012 10:06:49 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
Also there are several problems with your sources.
1) They do not take into account that Medicare and CHIP patients are in worse health. Sources that include this fact find that Medicaid and CHIP improve health outcomes and the live of its beneficiaries
http://www.nytimes.com...
http://www.npr.org...
http://www.medscape.com...

2 Medicaid should be worse then private insurance given that it costs 30% less. Yet according to the studies its not that much worse.
http://thinkprogress.org...

Um, Medicaid costs have been growing quickly over the past 33 years. Plus, the other studies done did take into account the health differences.
Health care has bee growing quickly over the past 33 years, however Medicaid is still 30% cheaper then private insurance. Perhaps you should instead of just using irrelevant data that is cherry picked and use all the data, then you wouldn't be making statements that are so dumb.
No they took into account insurance difference however if you are correct then you should be able to copy and past (and source where in the article) that they claim to account for those differences

At 3/5/2012 10:11:53 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
They did a sample of calls to see if they got rejected or not. And, as physicians themselves said, the reason they don't take Medicaid is low reimbursements and government inneffficiencies.
Hm odd how you think peoples opinions stands as real analysis.. Perhaps it s because you have no real analysis just illogical ignorance
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 10:16:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/5/2012 10:15:16 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/5/2012 10:11:53 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/5/2012 10:06:49 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
Also there are several problems with your sources.
1) They do not take into account that Medicare and CHIP patients are in worse health. Sources that include this fact find that Medicaid and CHIP improve health outcomes and the live of its beneficiaries
http://www.nytimes.com...
http://www.npr.org...
http://www.medscape.com...

2 Medicaid should be worse then private insurance given that it costs 30% less. Yet according to the studies its not that much worse.
http://thinkprogress.org...

Um, Medicaid costs have been growing quickly over the past 33 years. Plus, the other studies done did take into account the health differences.
Health care has bee growing quickly over the past 33 years, however Medicaid is still 30% cheaper then private insurance. Perhaps you should instead of just using irrelevant data that is cherry picked and use all the data, then you wouldn't be making statements that are so dumb.
No they took into account insurance difference however if you are correct then you should be able to copy and past (and source where in the article) that they claim to account for those differences

At 3/5/2012 10:11:53 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
They did a sample of calls to see if they got rejected or not. And, as physicians themselves said, the reason they don't take Medicaid is low reimbursements and government inneffficiencies.
Hm odd how you think peoples opinions stands as real analysis.. Perhaps it s because you have no real analysis just illogical ignorance

Lol, I just demolished all of your arguments. It's funny to see you respond.

You liberals are so ignorant.
President of DDO
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 10:45:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/5/2012 10:16:22 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/5/2012 10:15:16 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/5/2012 10:11:53 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/5/2012 10:06:49 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
Also there are several problems with your sources.
1) They do not take into account that Medicare and CHIP patients are in worse health. Sources that include this fact find that Medicaid and CHIP improve health outcomes and the live of its beneficiaries
http://www.nytimes.com...
http://www.npr.org...
http://www.medscape.com...

2 Medicaid should be worse then private insurance given that it costs 30% less. Yet according to the studies its not that much worse.
http://thinkprogress.org...

Um, Medicaid costs have been growing quickly over the past 33 years. Plus, the other studies done did take into account the health differences.
Health care has bee growing quickly over the past 33 years, however Medicaid is still 30% cheaper then private insurance. Perhaps you should instead of just using irrelevant data that is cherry picked and use all the data, then you wouldn't be making statements that are so dumb.
No they took into account insurance difference however if you are correct then you should be able to copy and past (and source where in the article) that they claim to account for those differences

At 3/5/2012 10:11:53 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
They did a sample of calls to see if they got rejected or not. And, as physicians themselves said, the reason they don't take Medicaid is low reimbursements and government inneffficiencies.
Hm odd how you think peoples opinions stands as real analysis.. Perhaps it s because you have no real analysis just illogical ignorance

Lol, I just demolished all of your arguments. It's funny to see you respond.

You liberals are so ignorant.
Lets makes a list
1) You are the one who lied about what your sources said
2) You are the one who posted sources that lied
3) You are the one who thinks peoples opinions are above facts
4) You are the one who said your source said something but when asked to post it you refused because you were full of $hit
5) You are the one who thinks that Medicaid be 30% cheaper then private insurance actually means Medicaid costs more.

I am awaiting your one line post which contains no intellectual value, because that is all you ost.