Jump to topic:

A 10 point plan for a plan on economic growth

OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 9:27:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1. Any plans on economic growth must have 10 points.
2. If the number is less than 10, the plan will be considered inadequate.
3. If the plan is greater than 10 points we must consider it verbose and tl;dr.
4. The plan must incorporate liberal and conservative economic elements in the optimal fashion.
5. The plan must be free of spelling and grammar errors.
6. The plan must take into consideration the role of the Fed and address monetary concerns for it to be an adequate plan.
7. Any plan promoting tax cuts must address budget cuts. In this sense, any argument appealing to the Laffer curve must argue for it rather than presume it.
8. The designer of the plan ought to state his goals and concerns in his/her construction of the plan (GDP maximization? Lower unemployment? Etc.)
9. To get a sense of where the planner is coming from, he/she should state his/her economic school and a few of the presuppositions to make analysis easier.
10. All plans ought to address the question of healthcare in the United States. No dodging the elephant in the room.
11. Wow, I had one more. It just slipped my mind. I'll get back to this.

Thoughts?
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 9:44:39 PM
At 3/5/2012 9:32:22 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Economic growth = bad

WTF?
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 9:46:02 PM
At 3/5/2012 9:27:59 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

Agreed.

True.

True.

4. The plan must incorporate liberal and conservative economic elements in the optimal fashion.

What if all the liberal economic ideas are just terrible?

Done.

6. The plan must take into consideration the role of the Fed and address monetary concerns for it to be an adequate plan.

Alright, I'll just say here that I want to end the dual mandate and have the Fed focused exclusively on inflation. I mean controlling inflation.

7. Any plan promoting tax cuts must address budget cuts. In this sense, any argument appealing to the Laffer curve must argue for it rather than presume it.

I didn't. I provided ample evidence for a revenue response, and I supported deep budget cuts.

8. The designer of the plan ought to state his goals and concerns in his/her construction of the plan (GDP maximization? Lower unemployment? Etc.)

Maximum standard of living. This means higher average income, higher material standard of living, longer lifespans, etc.

9. To get a sense of where the planner is coming from, he/she should state his/her economic school and a few of the presuppositions to make analysis easier.

My plan is only based on the logical presuppositions that businesses cannot reinvest profits if profits are taxed away, complex regulations make it harder for an economy to grow, and that a stable and free economy is best.

10. All plans ought to address the question of healthcare in the United States. No dodging the elephant in the room.

Repeal Obamacare. Replace with consumer driven model. More details on this later.

Thoughts?
President of DDO
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 9:49:01 PM
At 3/5/2012 9:44:39 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/5/2012 9:32:22 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Economic growth = bad

WTF?

Causing war, environmental destruction, cultural decay, and loss of our bodies and souls is bad. Just being able to have more stuff isn't worth it IMO but I guess it's just my opinion and nobody gives a isht anyway so just ignore me :P
Rob
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 9:49:54 PM

Thoughts?

Best one yet
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Starcraftzzz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 10:19:59 PM
At 3/5/2012 9:46:02 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Alright, I'll just say here that I want to end the dual mandate and have the Fed focused exclusively on inflation. I mean controlling inflation.
SO you don't think the FED should implement polices that improve economic,ic growth just polices that lower inflation meaning inherently you're polices don't help the economy they hurt it

I didn't. I provided ample evidence for a revenue response, and I supported deep budget cuts.
Name 100billion in non defense cuts. Since i've already asked you this and gotten a response I know that you'll suggest cuts that harm the economy instead of help it given that you don't use logic you j follow a broken ideology that has no intellectual achievement
Repeal Obamacare. Replace with consumer driven model. More details on this later.
Yes I would love to hear why increasing wasteful health spending is good for an economy
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 10:21:46 PM

Thoughts?
You forgot "oops" at the end of that. Otherwise, fantastic plan I must admit.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 10:26:31 PM
At 3/5/2012 10:19:59 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
SO you don't think the FED should implement polices that improve economic,ic growth just polices that lower inflation meaning inherently you're polices don't help the economy they hurt it

Name 100billion in non defense cuts. Since i've already asked you this and gotten a response I know that you'll suggest cuts that harm the economy instead of help it given that you don't use logic you j follow a broken ideology that has no intellectual achievement
Yes I would love to hear why increasing wasteful health spending is good for an economy

I think I'll just use this video to respond to you from now on:
President of DDO
Starcraftzzz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 10:38:55 PM
At 3/5/2012 10:26:31 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/5/2012 10:19:59 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:

I think I'll just use this video to respond to you from now on:

Mostly because you can't articulate a real response