ALL 10 Point Economic Plans

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2012 8:13:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Rules: Plan must be at least 10 points

OK so instead of having a million of these threads I put them all under this one.

1Historygenius (The Best 10 Point Economic Plan)
1. Repeal Obamacare on day 1 and it is obvious why.
2. Cut ALL government social programs like Welfare, AID, FAA EPA, and other wasteful programs by 10-20%.
3. Establish the 9-9-9 plan!
4. Repeal Dodd Frank
5. Repeal all taxes that are not personal income, national sales, and corporate tax.
6. Audit Fed.
7. Bring in Gold Standard.
8. "Drill Baby Drill Act" to increase the amount of oil, but regulate that a large number is given to the state.
9. Get rid of most regulations.
10. Raise the tariffs on China.

JimmyTimmy (10 Point Economic Plan)
1.) Cap Federal Spending at 20% of GDP
2.) Roll back EPA and allow for dramatically increased oil and natural gas exploration
3.) Repeal Obamacare
4.) Repeal Dodd Frank
5.) Permanently extend Bush Tax Cuts
6.) Lower Corporate tax rate from 35% to 20% and go to a Territorial tax system
7.) Repeal AMT
8.) Repeal Death Tax
9.) Cut individual income tax rates for Middle income Americans. Lower the tax rates for the bottom four for tax brackets from 28, 25, 15, and 10 to 22.4, 20, 12, and 8
10.) Eliminate taxes on savings and investment. No taxation on interest, dividends, or capital gains for any income level.

StarCraftZZZ (A Real 10 Point Economic Plan) (Although a personally think a better name is "Let a America go Bankrupt Plan)
1) Reform/model the health care industry after the VA program and make it universal; studies show that the VA provides and has 40% better health outcomes and quality despite costing 40% less then private healthcare(saving600billion yearly). Some of these reforms are computerizing health records (which reduces errors by 50%) negotiating with pharmaceutical companies, using comparative effectiveness research, and switching to a more bundled pnt system that pays based on outcomes instead of services used.
2) Make all insurance (home, car life, comp, disaster, etc etc) all Single-payer, and eliminate administration overhead profits, and marketing. This would result in savings over 200billion yearly.
3) Expand Social Security by 300billion yearly (for future beneficiary). The 300number comes from the amount that people currently put into other retirement accounts. This will result in more demand related growth instead of speculative bubble growth; this would also result in around 20% more retirement funds for people.
4) Mandate that all new energy production most be from clean sources (IE solar, wind, coal with emission capture) and also mandate that all old power plants must implement emission capture. This would result in lower health care and environmental costs to the tune of several hundred billion dollars a year.
5) Mandate that all new buildings and appliances be energy/water efficient. Regulations in NC if expanded nation wide would save homeowners 20billion a year.
6) Increasing taxes on behavior/goods that negatively impact the economy and society and using the savings to cut tax (making it revenue neutral). Things that would be taxed would be soda, fast food, unused land/capital, stock transactions, tobacco products/parapheniala, plastic bags, tanning beds, gas, pollution, and unsold food for corporations.
7) A national ban on trans fat, foods with high salt and fat content. A national on just trans fat would save tens of thousands of lives yearly and near 100billion dollars due to reduce health costs and increase productivity due to people being heather
8) Simplify and reform the tax code. By removing all deduction, and loop holes. Some analysis show that this would save hundreds of billions of dollars.
9) Expand Pre-school and nutritional funding for all poor families. This would increase economic mobility and help make it so that everyone has the same opportunities to succeed. Head star which is a pre-school program results in $9 in economic benefits for every 1 spent due to increase incomes, education, and reduced crime.
10) Never vote Republican.

Contra (A Moderate-Liberal 10 Point Economic Plan)
1) Single-Payer healthcare, with policy influenced by a Health Planning Board. To pay for this, all funds for private insurance are switched to public system, and a 2% income tax hike and a 7% payroll tax for businesses is used.

2) Reform Income Tax:
10% -- up to $15,000
20% -- up to $70,000
25% -- up to $250,000
35% -- up to $1,000,000
45% -- up to $1,000,000,000
49% -- $1,000,000,000+

And cut mortgage deduction in 1/2 and end most tax loopholes and deductions.

3) Lower Corporate Tax to 25% AND eliminate all loopholes -tax within the USA instead of internationally.

4) Spending Cuts:
-------End earmarks
-------Close 1/3 of military bases
-------Reduce Defense Procurement by 15%
-------Reduce military spending by $1.5 trillion over 10 years
-------Reform Farm Subsidies
-------Reduce Federal Workforce by about 5%

5) Move Gas and oil subsidies to clean renewable energy.

6) National Energy retrofitting program; or use state level retrofitting programs.

7) End All Foreign Wars and Bring troops home.

8) Invest in job creation, renewable clean energy, broadband infrastructure, housing, R&D programs, restore schools, train teachers, rebuild roads and bridges, and make sure users help pay for them (new spending).

9) New regulations on derivatives market.

10) End payroll cap for employees for Social Security.

LordKnuckle (10 Point Economic Plan)
1. Cut down Social Security progressively. All the seniors who are currently retired can keep their benefits until they die. All the people who have payed into the system but are not yet retired get the amount of money back that they payed into the system via a capital sum that they can spend on whatever they want.

2. Eliminate the payroll tax by 10% every year to cover for the current retirees and the capital sum outlays.

3. Implement a 10% flat tax for all tax brackets.

4. Eliminate Obamacare and replace with privatized healthcare.

5. Repeal regulatory acts such as Dodd-Frank.

6. Eliminate all welfare programs and instead replace it with a 50% maximum of allowance negative income tax.

7. Eliminate Estate Tax.

8. Cut federal spending to 15% of GDP.

9. Eliminate Medicare and Medicaid.

10. Deport ALL illegal aliens.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2012 8:16:38 PM
I was actually thinking about doing this. But, I guess I don't have to now.

But, ya, thanks for making this. We need this.
President of DDO
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2012 8:39:48 PM
People please post your comments here about economic plans!

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2012 8:40:42 PM
you missed mine.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2012 8:42:11 PM
At 3/6/2012 8:40:42 PM, thett3 wrote:
you missed mine.

Post it here then!

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2012 8:42:31 PM
At 3/6/2012 8:40:42 PM, thett3 wrote:
you missed mine.

This is only for actual economic plans, lol. No offense to the kittens idea.
President of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2012 8:42:51 PM
1. Nationalize kittens as currency.
2. What one said.
3. What two said.
4. What three said.
5. What four said.
6. What five said.
7. What six said.
8. What seven said.
9. Yeah.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2012 8:45:48 PM
At 3/6/2012 8:42:51 PM, thett3 wrote:
1. Nationalize kittens as currency.
2. What one said.
3. What two said.
4. What three said.
5. What four said.
6. What five said.
7. What six said.
8. What seven said.
9. Yeah.

Now I know why I did not post it, it was not 10 points.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2012 8:47:52 PM
1) All plans must be at least open to both conservative and liberal ideas
2) All plans must beforehand be simple enough for anybody to understand
3) Anyone who does not agree with the first two should be thrown out of the room
4) All plans must plan on not excessively curb workers rights for the sake of the economy
5) All plans must plan on not excessively curb environmental protection for the sake of the economy
6) All plans that require the repeal of Obamacare should plan on coming up with an adequate system to replace it with
7) All plans must ponder deeply using controversial tools to fix the economy since some tools, such as minimum wage, do not definitively improve the economy and can even hurt it.
8) All plans designed to affect the most powerful country in the world cannot come from a person on a website who isnt even allowed to drive a car alone legally
9) Anyone who protests number 8 is probably somebody who isnt allowed to drive a car alone legally
10) All plans must plan on having exactly 10 points
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2012 9:27:29 PM
My plan isn't purely ideological
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2012 9:32:02 PM
At 3/6/2012 9:27:29 PM, Contra wrote:

-.-

Really?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2012 9:39:40 PM
At 3/6/2012 9:32:02 PM, OberHerr wrote:

-.-

Really?

Makes everybody pay income tax
Cuts spending in some areas including workforce and military
Cuts Corporate tax
Ends farm subsidies
Cuts deductions and loopholes from tax code

There are some examples
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2012 9:41:11 PM
At 3/6/2012 9:39:40 PM, Contra wrote:

-.-

Really?

Cuts Corporate tax
Ends farm subsidies

There are some examples

That is ideaological. You are taking some massive liberal changes and pairing them with some very small changes that soem conservatives and liberals agree on.
President of DDO
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2012 9:49:13 PM
At 3/6/2012 9:41:11 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

-.-

Really?

Cuts Corporate tax
Ends farm subsidies

There are some examples

That is ideaological. You are taking some massive liberal changes and pairing them with some very small changes that soem conservatives and liberals agree on.

Name a liberal that wants to cut the corporate tax and make the poor pay income taxes besides me.

Starcraftzzz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 11:21:05 AM
Notice how the left of center plans actually contain detail, data and sources, while the right of center ones are purely ideological bs and one line statements
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 12:01:24 PM
At 3/7/2012 11:21:05 AM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
Notice how the left of center plans actually contain detail, data and sources, while the right of center ones are purely ideological bs and one line statements

Notice how th left of center plans involve higher taxes and more central planning and the right of center plans involve lower taxes and less central planning.
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 12:02:06 PM
At 3/6/2012 9:49:13 PM, Contra wrote:
At 3/6/2012 9:41:11 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

-.-

Really?

Cuts Corporate tax
Ends farm subsidies

There are some examples

Name a liberal that wants to cut the corporate tax and make the poor pay income taxes besides me.

Obama proposed cutting it. Although, he wanted to raise other taxes to pay for that, so it isn't a tax cut.

And, I am against making poor people pay income taxes. That would mean higher taxes.
President of DDO
Starcraftzzz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 12:38:13 PM
At 3/7/2012 12:01:24 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Notice how th left of center plans involve higher taxes and more central planning and the right of center plans involve lower taxes and less central planning.

Yes i do notice that the left of center plan involves plans that actually help the economy
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 12:54:29 PM
At 3/7/2012 12:38:13 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:

Yes i do notice that the left of center plan involves plans that actually help the economy

Right because higher taxes help the economy.
President of DDO
Starcraftzzz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 12:59:35 PM
At 3/7/2012 12:54:29 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Yep they can, its called Pigovian taxes. Perhaps you shouldget a clue before posting
http://en.wikipedia.org...
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 1:00:19 PM
At 3/7/2012 12:59:35 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:

Yep they can, its called Pigovian taxes. Perhaps you shouldget a clue before posting

How do pigovian taxes help the econonomy?
President of DDO
Starcraftzzz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 1:04:49 PM
At 3/7/2012 1:00:19 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Because they deter activities/goods that harm the economy.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 1:05:40 PM
At 3/7/2012 1:04:49 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:

So, is there a pigovian tax on other taxes and regulations?

Because, those are the activities that do the most harm to the economy.
President of DDO
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 1:06:30 PM

I honestly think that more taxes/more central planning's a good thing.
Starcraftzzz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 1:16:55 PM
At 3/7/2012 1:05:40 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

You mean these regulations?
http://www.peri.umass.edu...
^2010 EPA air regulations are estimated to create 300,000 jobs a year for the next 5 years.
^Since 1970 for every dollar spent on clean air regulation compliances $4-$8 dollars are created in economic benefits.
http://articles.latimes.com...
^EPA regulations reducing mercury emissions from power plants will save 10 billion a year; due to lower health care costs.

http://findarticles.com...
http://www.usatoday.com...
^FDA requires barcoding for drugs. Estimated compliance costs are around a onetime payment of 8 billion.
^This reduces medical errors by an estimated 50%
(The VA which required this before the FDA regulation at some hospitals saw an 80% decrease in errors.
^savings would amount to around 4 billion a year

http://www.grist.org...
http://www.whitehouse.gov...
^OMB finds that 95 new federal regulations from 1999-2009 saved the country around
128-616 billion, while costing around 43-55 billion. Meaning major new government regulations from 1999-2009 had a benefit cost ratio of 3-1 threw 12-1

HOw many times does this have to happen before you begin thinking?
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 1:18:22 PM
At 3/7/2012 1:16:55 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:

^2010 EPA air regulations are estimated to create 300,000 jobs a year for the next 5 years.
^Since 1970 for every dollar spent on clean air regulation compliances $4-$8 dollars are created in economic benefits.
^EPA regulations reducing mercury emissions from power plants will save 10 billion a year; due to lower health care costs.

^FDA requires barcoding for drugs. Estimated compliance costs are around a onetime payment of 8 billion.
(The VA which required this before the FDA regulation at some hospitals saw an 80% decrease in errors.

^OMB finds that 95 new federal regulations from 1999-2009 saved the country around
128-616 billion, while costing around 43-55 billion. Meaning major new government regulations from 1999-2009 had a benefit cost ratio of 3-1 threw 12-1

Yes, I mean those regulations and many more.

You can put up as many meaningless sources as you want, that doesn't change anything.

These regulations do harm to the economy.
President of DDO
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 1:21:36 PM
At 3/7/2012 1:18:22 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/7/2012 1:16:55 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:

Yes, I mean those regulations and many more.

You can put up as many meaningless sources as you want, that doesn't change anything.

These regulations do harm to the economy.

No JimTimmy, every study is correct, and every newspaper article is 100% correct as well.

Except for the studies and articles that say the opposite of what Starcraftzzz thinks... those are all wrong.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 1:23:43 PM
http://cnsnews.com...

EPA regulations cost $1.2 million for every job created.

See how easy it is to find a source to back up your side Starcraftzzz
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Starcraftzzz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 1:28:37 PM
At 3/7/2012 1:23:43 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
http://cnsnews.com...

EPA regulations cost $1.2 million for every job created.

See how easy it is to find a source to back up your side Starcraftzzz

Notice how your source doesn't include the benefits of the regulations. Why is it that you always cherry pick and leave out information, can't you ever be honest and look at all the data?
Don't respond because the answer is that you a republican and the only way to support republican polices is to lie and be ignorant
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 1:28:50 PM
What is wrong with one line statements?