Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

1984 related quotes

DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 1:53:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I thought it would be fun t list funny quotes by DDO members, that is related to the book 1984.

I'll start

"Banning the expression of hatred far outweighs the negative effects of 'thoughtcrime'." ~ royalpaladin
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 1:54:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think I am the most quoted 1984 member here.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 2:02:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Liberty is overrated and unnecessary. I support Rick Santorum.- Lordknukle
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 2:25:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
My favorite is about how perpetual war is needed for control of the populace, sounds familiar.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 2:31:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I admire Kony's determination and facing of adversity in the face of danger.- Lordknukle

Fresh out of the oven.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 2:35:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/7/2012 2:31:08 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I admire Kony's determination and facing of adversity in the face of danger.- Lordknukle

Fresh out of the oven.

OMG Knukle is defending KONY? Really?...
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 2:35:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/7/2012 2:35:00 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/7/2012 2:31:08 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I admire Kony's determination and facing of adversity in the face of danger.- Lordknukle

Fresh out of the oven.

OMG Knukle is defending KONY? Really?...

Not only is he defending him, but he is also contending that Kony is actually a secret humanitarian.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 2:50:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/7/2012 2:35:46 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 3/7/2012 2:35:00 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/7/2012 2:31:08 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I admire Kony's determination and facing of adversity in the face of danger.- Lordknukle

Fresh out of the oven.

OMG Knukle is defending KONY? Really?...

Not only is he defending him, but he is also contending that Kony is actually a secret humanitarian.

You are a retard. I'm defending the fact that "humanitarianism" is subjective.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 2:52:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/7/2012 2:50:06 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 3/7/2012 2:35:46 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 3/7/2012 2:35:00 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/7/2012 2:31:08 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I admire Kony's determination and facing of adversity in the face of danger.- Lordknukle

Fresh out of the oven.

OMG Knukle is defending KONY? Really?...

Not only is he defending him, but he is also contending that Kony is actually a secret humanitarian.

You are a retard. I'm defending the fact that "humanitarianism" is subjective.

Actually, in the other thread you claimed that Kony is humanitarian because he wishes to "unite his nation under God".

I can direct everyone there if they wish to have proof.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 4:11:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/7/2012 2:52:52 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 3/7/2012 2:50:06 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 3/7/2012 2:35:46 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 3/7/2012 2:35:00 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/7/2012 2:31:08 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I admire Kony's determination and facing of adversity in the face of danger.- Lordknukle

Fresh out of the oven.

OMG Knukle is defending KONY? Really?...

Not only is he defending him, but he is also contending that Kony is actually a secret humanitarian.

You are a retard. I'm defending the fact that "humanitarianism" is subjective.

Actually, in the other thread you claimed that Kony is humanitarian because he wishes to "unite his nation under God".

I can direct everyone there if they wish to have proof.

My favourite is "Unless you want to send 30k troops to Uganda and spark a Civil War, nothing is going to happen", which is brilliant, because the country is in a civil war because of the LRA at war with the government in charge of the area.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 4:15:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/7/2012 2:50:06 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 3/7/2012 2:35:46 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 3/7/2012 2:35:00 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/7/2012 2:31:08 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I admire Kony's determination and facing of adversity in the face of danger.- Lordknukle

Fresh out of the oven.

OMG Knukle is defending KONY? Really?...

Not only is he defending him, but he is also contending that Kony is actually a secret humanitarian.

You are a retard. I'm defending the fact that "humanitarianism" is subjective.

That sounds more like Rand than orwell.