Jump to topic:

Conservatives + Republicans for Rush Limbaugh

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 12:57:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
after witnessing the republican gop primary candidates react towards Rush Limbaughs rant, i wondered whether or not all republicans and conservatives still support this guy

am i wrong here (i hope so)? if not explain yourselves, why do people still support him?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 1:16:12 PM
At 3/8/2012 12:57:00 PM, imabench wrote:
after witnessing the republican gop primary candidates react towards Rush Limbaughs rant, i wondered whether or not all republicans and conservatives still support this guy

am i wrong here (i hope so)? if not explain yourselves, why do people still support him?

ALL never did.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 1:29:35 PM
How exactly is Limbaugh wrong?

The girl, Fluke, wants to be paid to have sex. No, she doesn't want to be paid for the act of sex.

But, she does want the government to force her school to pay for her to have sex. Birth control costs money. She uses birth control so she can have sex. Therefore, she wants the government to force the school to pay for her sex.

Where am I wrong?
President of DDO
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 1:56:10 PM
At 3/8/2012 1:29:35 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

The girl, Fluke, wants to be paid to have sex. No, she doesn't want to be paid for the act of sex.

But, she does want the government to force her school to pay for her to have sex. Birth control costs money. She uses birth control so she can have sex. Therefore, she wants the government to force the school to pay for her sex.

Where am I wrong?

No, you see, she just wants the government to force them to pay for contraceptives. Because one girl needed it, means that all girls should get contraceptives for free.

If she was truely concerned about those in her friends' situation, she would allow that contraceptives should be covered in the case of real medical conditions.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 2:28:28 PM

Where am I wrong?

birth control and contraceptives are used for many other things besides sex though
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 2:30:37 PM
At 3/8/2012 12:58:00 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
Question: Why aren't you using capital letters? Just curious.

im using a different computer and someone stole both the shift keys....

logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 2:39:45 PM
Lost in this entire thing is that Georgetown is a Jesuit Institution. Speaking as an alum of a Jesuit Institution, her opinion matters NOT AT ALL, she is there to learn. Quoting A very learned Prof. "The students do not have input into what I teach, because you are all ignorant of what you do not know." She is entitled to her opinion before politicians, not before Georgetown. She should be expelled for conduct against the Interest of the institution. Limbaugh is an idiot.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 2:41:36 PM
At 3/8/2012 2:30:37 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/8/2012 12:58:00 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
Question: Why aren't you using capital letters? Just curious.

im using a different computer and someone stole both the shift keys....

Lazy! Use the CaPs LoCk :P
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 2:43:51 PM
At 3/8/2012 2:28:28 PM, imabench wrote:

Where am I wrong?

birth control and contraceptives are used for many other things besides sex though

Like what?
President of DDO
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 2:45:05 PM
Questions do liberals + Democrats support Bill Maher who has used tons of crude jokes, including calling Sarah Palin a c*nt?
Open borders debate:
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 3:07:54 PM
At 3/8/2012 2:43:51 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Where am I wrong?

Like what?

It reduces discomfort from periods.
Open borders debate:
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 3:14:54 PM
At 3/8/2012 2:45:05 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Questions do liberals + Democrats support Bill Maher who has used tons of crude jokes, including calling Sarah Palin a c*nt?

No
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 3:16:30 PM

What kind of comparison is that? The man is a comedian with little political influence (as per the Congressmen and President are concerned). Rush Limbaugh is a famous political commentator that many Republicans would never dare criticize. He has influence over the legislative process and the conservative voting block.

Your comparison is ridiculous, to say the least.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 3:22:28 PM
At 3/8/2012 2:43:51 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Where am I wrong?

Like what?

they are often used to treat ovarian cysts, heavy and irregular periods, and painful cramps to name a few
http://www.nyu.edu...

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 3:26:45 PM
At 3/8/2012 3:16:30 PM, 000ike wrote:

What kind of comparison is that? The man is a comedian with little political influence (as per the Congressmen and President are concerned). Rush Limbaugh is a famous political commentator that many Republicans would never dare criticize. He has influence over the legislative process and the conservative voting block.

Rush Limbaugh uses humor in his political commentators, and Bill Maher does have political influence and has many political stances. In fact, he doe host shows on political commentary including now "Real Time with Bill Maher" and before "Politically Incorrect" that had political commentaries, experts, and all. Hardly the dose of "just comedy'. He also does tons of political commentary on other networks, like MSNBC and CNN. The idea that Bill Maher isn't a political commentary is absurd.
Open borders debate:
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 3:29:05 PM
At 3/8/2012 3:26:45 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Rush Limbaugh uses humor in his political commentators, and Bill Maher does have political influence and has many political stances. In fact, he doe host shows on political commentary including now "Real Time with Bill Maher" and before "Politically Incorrect" that had political commentaries, experts, and all. Hardly the dose of "just comedy'. He also does tons of political commentary on other networks, like MSNBC and CNN. The idea that Bill Maher isn't a political commentary is absurd.

he is a political commentary, but he keeps jokes for when hes trying to do stand up comedy, rush yells the first think he thinks of into the microphone and this incident hasnt been the first

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 3:32:46 PM
At 3/8/2012 3:29:05 PM, imabench wrote:

he is a political commentary, but he keeps jokes for when hes trying to do stand up comedy, rush yells the first think he thinks of into the microphone and this incident hasnt been the first

Yelling =/= not funny.

Anyways, how is calling "Sarah Palin a c*nt" in anyway funny?

Perhaps you don't like Rush Limbaugh humor, I don't find Bill Maher to be funny myself.
Open borders debate:
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 3:37:52 PM
At 3/8/2012 3:32:46 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Yelling =/= not funny.

Perhaps you don't like Rush Limbaugh humor, I don't find Bill Maher to be funny myself.

i dont really follow either of them but i do know that bill saves his insane comments about people for doing stand up comedy when no one takes him seriously anyway, rush on the other hand.............. He never distinguishes between trying to be serious or cracking a joke

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 3:42:47 PM
At 3/8/2012 3:37:52 PM, imabench wrote:

Yelling =/= not funny.

i dont really follow either of them but i do know that bill saves his insane comments about people for doing stand up comedy when no one takes him seriously anyway, rush on the other hand.............. He never distinguishes between trying to be serious or cracking a joke

No, Bill Maher does not save his insane comments for "just stand up". It's part of political commentary as well. And yes, people actually do take Bill Maher seriously.

Also, jokes can be very serious. A comment can be incredibly mean but funny at the same time. Bill Maher has that style, and Rush's comment about the girl also had that style.
Open borders debate:
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 3:44:03 PM
At 3/8/2012 3:42:47 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Yelling =/= not funny.

No, Bill Maher does not save his insane comments for "just stand up". It's part of political commentary as well. And yes, people actually do take Bill Maher seriously.

Also, jokes can be very serious. A comment can be incredibly mean but funny at the same time. Bill Maher has that style, and Rush's comment about the girl also had that style.

ok fair enough, but are mahers comments as scandalous as rush's? i remember hearing rush say that watching football is like watching the cripps and the bloods fight each other with no weapons (black people in sports joke apparently)

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 3:49:06 PM
At 3/8/2012 3:44:03 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/8/2012 3:42:47 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Yelling =/= not funny.

ok fair enough, but are mahers comments as scandalous as rush's? i remember hearing rush say that watching football is like watching the cripps and the bloods fight each other with no weapons (black people in sports joke apparently)

I really don't want to get into a contest on who is worse. But here's a quote:

"White people have always shown their superiority over blacks with their feet, moving out of black neighborhoods with the fear that their kids will turn into one of them. And now, through the magic of MTV, damned if it didn't turn out that way! "
Open borders debate:
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 3:49:21 PM

Where am I wrong?

Yes but the primary use of birth control is to prevent births. Births come from SEX.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 3:49:49 PM
I don't know what it means to "support him." I think his insulting comments were inexcusable. He has been roundly criticized by many Conservatives for his remarks, and properly so. He stepped over the line of attention-getting hyperbole and deserves a dope-slap.

But he shouldn't be banned from speaking or having a radio program. Similarly, Bill Maher has the standard comedian exemption from decency, but he steps over even that line. Maher shouldn't be banned either. Don Imus was kicked off NBC for genuinely offensive comments. That was wrong too. In all cases, the correct route is an apology followed by more care by the commentator.

What's telling is that liberals want commentators banned, but conservatives do not. Limbaugh defended Howard Stern against being pushed off the public airwaves. Many Conservatives defend Bill Maher's right to speak his opinion. Liberals consistently try to organize sponsor boycotts or get them fired so they cannot speak. It's the Left who shout down campus speakers. They have the authoritarian gene.

I think Limbaugh often makes interesting points. Bill Maher used to make interesting points, but he's succumbed to leftist ideological orthodoxy in recent years, so he's much less interesting. Maher seems to believes he is so morally and intellectually superior to everyone else that he doesn't need to think anymore. Too bad.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 3:50:34 PM
At 3/8/2012 3:49:21 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

Where am I wrong?

Yes but the primary use of birth control is to prevent births. Births come from SEX.

I just said previously that you can not be sexually active and take birth controls, since birth controls reduce the discomfort from periods.
Open borders debate:
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 3:50:48 PM
At 3/8/2012 3:49:21 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

Where am I wrong?

*Gasp*

Oh, no there's that scary word again? Whatever will we do?
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 3:52:01 PM
At 3/8/2012 3:49:49 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
I don't know what it means to "support him." I think his insulting comments were inexcusable. He has been roundly criticized by many Conservatives for his remarks, and properly so. He stepped over the line of attention-getting hyperbole and deserves a dope-slap.

But he shouldn't be banned from speaking or having a radio program. Similarly, Bill Maher has the standard comedian exemption from decency, but he steps over even that line. Maher shouldn't be banned either. Don Imus was kicked off NBC for genuinely offensive comments. That was wrong too. In all cases, the correct route is an apology followed by more care by the commentator.

What's telling is that liberals want commentators banned, but conservatives do not. Limbaugh defended Howard Stern against being pushed off the public airwaves. Many Conservatives defend Bill Maher's right to speak his opinion. Liberals consistently try to organize sponsor boycotts or get them fired so they cannot speak. It's the Left who shout down campus speakers. They have the authoritarian gene.

I think Limbaugh often makes interesting points. Bill Maher used to make interesting points, but he's succumbed to leftist ideological orthodoxy in recent years, so he's much less interesting. Maher seems to believes he is so morally and intellectually superior to everyone else that he doesn't need to think anymore. Too bad.

As almost always, awesome commentary
Open borders debate:
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 9:06:34 PM

Where am I wrong?

Birth control is not just used to sex. It is more commonly used for hormone control. Because you are not female you wouldn't know this, but a lot of girls have absolutely awful periods and birth control helps that tremendously.

Even without that, that is such a ridiculous claim. She has every right to have as much sex as she wants and just wants the same benefits others get.

And even without that, does that excuse the crude and immature manner in which he acted?