Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Gas Prices Could Sink Obama

ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 5:15:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
* 77% of people leaving exit polls on Super Tuesday said rising gas prices were one of, if not the most important issue in the upcoming election.

* Gas has risen over 50 cents in the past two months

* Obama continues to fight the Keystone Pipeline which is now back on the table

* When Obama took office in January 2009 gas was right around $1.80 a gallon

Some things to look at:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com...

http://conservativepolitico.blogspot.com...

http://www.politico.com...

http://www.usnewsleaks.com...
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 5:18:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
False. This will have no affect on him. There is something in the works as we speak..........Gas prices will decline late Summer. You heard it here first.
Everything else is useless.
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 5:24:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
gas always goes up during summer... by the time november rolls around gas will be headed back south and it wont be an issue
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 5:30:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/8/2012 5:24:54 PM, imabench wrote:
gas always goes up during summer... by the time november rolls around gas will be headed back south and it wont be an issue

See why do you say that? When gas was high under Bush people were screaming for blood and he wasn't even up for reelection.

If prices stay where they are now then by summer we're looking at 6-8 dollars a gallon for gas... that's ridiculous.

And it all stems from Obama's energy stupidity.
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 6:08:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Obama continues to fight the Keystone Pipeline which is now back on the table

Obama actually isn't against the Keystone Pipeline, he just wants to know where it will be built. We don't want an oil pipeline running over aquifers that provides water to millions.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 6:09:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/8/2012 6:08:16 PM, Contra wrote:
Obama continues to fight the Keystone Pipeline which is now back on the table

Obama actually isn't against the Keystone Pipeline, he just wants to know where it will be built. We don't want an oil pipeline running over aquifers that provides water to millions.

President Barack Obama's deputies are defending his lobbying against a GOP effort in the Senate to fast-track approval of the job-creating Keystone XL oil pipeline from Canada.

GOP leaders in the Senate are pressing the chamber's Democratic leadership for a vote on the fast-track bill Mar. 8, but Obama has called Democratic Senators to urge them to vote against the GOP measure.

"The president has communications with some members of Congress… he's made some phone calls, I'll confirm that," White House spokesman Jay Carney said Mar. 8. Carney declined to say how many Senators were called by Obama, or if other Administration leaders called Senators to vote against the fast-track bill.

Carney slammed the GOP's fast-track bill as an "irresponsible" effort "to curry favor with some political constituency or another."

Polls show the pipeline is supported by most Americans, and by some Democratic-affiliated groups such as construction unions.

GOP leaders have been hammering away at Obama for blocking the pipeline, which advocates argue would employ thousands of construction workers, deliver more oil to U.S. refineries on the Gulf of Mexico, and reduce U.S. reliance on oil from Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern countries.

"It appears the president remains firmly committed to killing the Keystone pipeline, despite the fact that it enjoys strong support from the American people," said a statement from House Speaker John Boehner.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com...
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 6:13:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/8/2012 5:30:29 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/8/2012 5:24:54 PM, imabench wrote:
gas always goes up during summer... by the time november rolls around gas will be headed back south and it wont be an issue

See why do you say that? When gas was high under Bush people were screaming for blood and he wasn't even up for reelection.

If prices stay where they are now then by summer we're looking at 6-8 dollars a gallon for gas... that's ridiculous.

And it all stems from Obama's energy stupidity.

Dude gas prices come from a lot more than just energy policy, gas would probably be $1 lower had Iran not be causing problems by threatening to blockade the strait of hormuz where 20% of all oil comes from.... You also got to look into the fact that consumption of gas determines prices as well and the more consumption, the higher the price goes.... And as for Bush he wasnt to blame for gas prices either, so why are you letting bush off the hook but pinning this whole thing on Obama while giving saying yourself that people shouldnt be blaming the president for gas prices while your doing exactly that?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 6:24:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/8/2012 6:13:46 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/8/2012 5:30:29 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/8/2012 5:24:54 PM, imabench wrote:
gas always goes up during summer... by the time november rolls around gas will be headed back south and it wont be an issue

See why do you say that? When gas was high under Bush people were screaming for blood and he wasn't even up for reelection.

If prices stay where they are now then by summer we're looking at 6-8 dollars a gallon for gas... that's ridiculous.

And it all stems from Obama's energy stupidity.

Dude gas prices come from a lot more than just energy policy, gas would probably be $1 lower had Iran not be causing problems by threatening to blockade the strait of hormuz where 20% of all oil comes from.... You also got to look into the fact that consumption of gas determines prices as well and the more consumption, the higher the price goes.... And as for Bush he wasnt to blame for gas prices either, so why are you letting bush off the hook but pinning this whole thing on Obama while giving saying yourself that people shouldnt be blaming the president for gas prices while your doing exactly that?

Gas prices are going up because it is cheaper to send the oil overseas. This summer had record warm temperatures and a plethora of oil to be distributed all around the world. However, market prices dictated that the oil companies would get more money if they sent the oil overseas. So what did they do? They exported more oil abroad rather than domestically and therefore shot up the oil prices.

Liberal solution: Tarrifs

Conservative solution: Let it be
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 6:30:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/8/2012 5:18:38 PM, inferno wrote:
False. This will have no affect on him. There is something in the works as we speak..........Gas prices will decline late Summer. You heard it here first.
Everything else is useless.

you sure?
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 6:36:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/8/2012 6:24:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 3/8/2012 6:13:46 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/8/2012 5:30:29 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/8/2012 5:24:54 PM, imabench wrote:
gas always goes up during summer... by the time november rolls around gas will be headed back south and it wont be an issue

See why do you say that? When gas was high under Bush people were screaming for blood and he wasn't even up for reelection.

If prices stay where they are now then by summer we're looking at 6-8 dollars a gallon for gas... that's ridiculous.

And it all stems from Obama's energy stupidity.

Dude gas prices come from a lot more than just energy policy, gas would probably be $1 lower had Iran not be causing problems by threatening to blockade the strait of hormuz where 20% of all oil comes from.... You also got to look into the fact that consumption of gas determines prices as well and the more consumption, the higher the price goes.... And as for Bush he wasnt to blame for gas prices either, so why are you letting bush off the hook but pinning this whole thing on Obama while giving saying yourself that people shouldnt be blaming the president for gas prices while your doing exactly that?

Gas prices are going up because it is cheaper to send the oil overseas. This summer had record warm temperatures and a plethora of oil to be distributed all around the world. However, market prices dictated that the oil companies would get more money if they sent the oil overseas. So what did they do? They exported more oil abroad rather than domestically and therefore shot up the oil prices.

Liberal solution: Tarrifs

Conservative solution: Let it be

wtf do you mean by liberal solution : tariffs, NO one is advocating that and in fact im going with the conservative solution on this one and just say let it be
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 6:39:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/8/2012 6:36:05 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/8/2012 6:24:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 3/8/2012 6:13:46 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/8/2012 5:30:29 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/8/2012 5:24:54 PM, imabench wrote:
gas always goes up during summer... by the time november rolls around gas will be headed back south and it wont be an issue

See why do you say that? When gas was high under Bush people were screaming for blood and he wasn't even up for reelection.

If prices stay where they are now then by summer we're looking at 6-8 dollars a gallon for gas... that's ridiculous.

And it all stems from Obama's energy stupidity.

Dude gas prices come from a lot more than just energy policy, gas would probably be $1 lower had Iran not be causing problems by threatening to blockade the strait of hormuz where 20% of all oil comes from.... You also got to look into the fact that consumption of gas determines prices as well and the more consumption, the higher the price goes.... And as for Bush he wasnt to blame for gas prices either, so why are you letting bush off the hook but pinning this whole thing on Obama while giving saying yourself that people shouldnt be blaming the president for gas prices while your doing exactly that?

Gas prices are going up because it is cheaper to send the oil overseas. This summer had record warm temperatures and a plethora of oil to be distributed all around the world. However, market prices dictated that the oil companies would get more money if they sent the oil overseas. So what did they do? They exported more oil abroad rather than domestically and therefore shot up the oil prices.

Liberal solution: Tarrifs

Conservative solution: Let it be

wtf do you mean by liberal solution : tariffs, NO one is advocating that and in fact im going with the conservative solution on this one and just say let it be

Liberals support increased government intervention in the economy and the restriction and regulation of business.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 6:57:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/8/2012 6:39:15 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 3/8/2012 6:36:05 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/8/2012 6:24:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 3/8/2012 6:13:46 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/8/2012 5:30:29 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/8/2012 5:24:54 PM, imabench wrote:
gas always goes up during summer... by the time november rolls around gas will be headed back south and it wont be an issue

See why do you say that? When gas was high under Bush people were screaming for blood and he wasn't even up for reelection.

If prices stay where they are now then by summer we're looking at 6-8 dollars a gallon for gas... that's ridiculous.

And it all stems from Obama's energy stupidity.

Dude gas prices come from a lot more than just energy policy, gas would probably be $1 lower had Iran not be causing problems by threatening to blockade the strait of hormuz where 20% of all oil comes from.... You also got to look into the fact that consumption of gas determines prices as well and the more consumption, the higher the price goes.... And as for Bush he wasnt to blame for gas prices either, so why are you letting bush off the hook but pinning this whole thing on Obama while giving saying yourself that people shouldnt be blaming the president for gas prices while your doing exactly that?

Gas prices are going up because it is cheaper to send the oil overseas. This summer had record warm temperatures and a plethora of oil to be distributed all around the world. However, market prices dictated that the oil companies would get more money if they sent the oil overseas. So what did they do? They exported more oil abroad rather than domestically and therefore shot up the oil prices.

Liberal solution: Tarrifs

Conservative solution: Let it be

wtf do you mean by liberal solution : tariffs, NO one is advocating that and in fact im going with the conservative solution on this one and just say let it be

Liberals support increased government intervention in the economy and the restriction and regulation of business.

Well yeah but certainly not when it comes to gas prices
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 7:35:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/8/2012 7:26:45 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/8/2012 6:50:09 PM, Koopin wrote:
If anyone has a paypal, I wager $10 Obama will win in 2012.

http://www.intrade.com...

O_o

Is that legal?
kfc
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 7:37:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
its being debated about whether it is or not but it certainly works, I hear about a couple in Arizona who made $30,000 by betting Mccain would be the Republican candidate back when his numbers were dreadful
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 7:48:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/8/2012 7:37:50 PM, imabench wrote:
its being debated about whether it is or not but it certainly works, I hear about a couple in Arizona who made $30,000 by betting Mccain would be the Republican candidate back when his numbers were dreadful

I'll check it out, and maybe throw a hundred bucks in after my summer job. But it does seem a little fishy, and I don't wan't the IRS holding me to something like this.
kfc
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 10:06:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
ron paul is less likely to be the republican nominee than jeb bush, a guy who isnt even running

sad

http://www.intrade.com...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015