Jump to topic:

KONY Exposed as Fraud Propaganda

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 4:45:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Kony2012 is another fraud and an attempt to create a boogie man as an excuse to invade Uganda. The President of Uganda has committed mass genocides worse than Kony. Now all the people are rallying behind this effort so now the government can justify another invasion.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 4:59:24 AM
At 3/9/2012 4:45:55 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Kony2012 is another fraud and an attempt to create a boogie man as an excuse to invade Uganda. The President of Uganda has committed mass genocides worse than Kony. Now all the people are rallying behind this effort so now the government can justify another invasion.

If the United States needed a justification to invade Uganda, would they not simply claim that the Ugandan state itself is complicit in the perpetration of genocide?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 5:27:52 AM
At 3/9/2012 4:59:24 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 3/9/2012 4:45:55 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

If the United States needed a justification to invade Uganda, would they not simply claim that the Ugandan state itself is complicit in the perpetration of genocide?

Because Kony is easier to make a boogie man out of?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 7:32:24 AM
Kony2012 is another fraud and an attempt to create a boogie man as an excuse to invade Uganda. The President of Uganda has committed mass genocides worse than Kony. Now all the people are rallying behind this effort so now the government can justify another invasion.:

We've known about these crimes, and similar one's in the African interior, for over 2 decades. Why hasn't the U.S. invaded before then? Because there's no self-interest in it.

The government is the one's who don't want to go into it, so if it's an alleged "boogie man," who's interests are it serving? If the U.S. send any troops, it's only at the behest of the American public.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 10:17:15 AM
For the eighteenth time, the reason why Kony is targetted and not an entire government, is because he is a man and not an entire government. Killing him does not require diplomacy and a damned Congressional order passed by the Pres. It only requires that a domestic policing agency (SS, CIA, Marines, Spec Ops, etc.) cooperate with whatever government in which that person lives. In other words, if Uganda gives us the okay, then we can just walk in there and shoot him in the head, no questions asked. If we, instead, had a problem with the Ugnadan government, we'd need to declare war.

Geo, the man spearheading this is essentially promulgating precisely the same thing the Buddha is. If he is successful, we are that much closer to Enlightenment.

What's your contention, buddy?
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 10:19:13 AM
Lmfao, I love how people keep repeating "there's no interest in it," as though money is so much more important than the lives of children.

That's hilarious.

Little green pieces of paper partially made of shtt that we can't even legally buy because it makes us feel good except from the government that still takes a percentage of it back because they call themselves "the government" is more important than hundreds of thousands of children.

Sometimes, people disgust me.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 1:01:18 PM
At 3/9/2012 10:19:13 AM, Ren wrote:
Lmfao, I love how people keep repeating "there's no interest in it," as though money is so much more important than the lives of children.

That's hilarious.

Little green pieces of paper partially made of shtt that we can't even legally buy because it makes us feel good except from the government that still takes a percentage of it back because they call themselves "the government" is more important than hundreds of thousands of children.

There's no TANGIBLE reason to invade, and invading on principle is unreasonable:

Russia is undemocratic and Putin horribly biases elections
China has many, man,y many human rights abuses
North Korea ignores all treaties we want them to sign and human rights abuse and undemocratic.

We don't invade because it is ludicrous to invade on these principles: no war is more beneficial to people in general.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 1:14:49 PM
Lmfao, I love how people keep repeating "there's no interest in it," as though money is so much more important than the lives of children.:

Remember this is in response to Geo. I'm under the assumption that Geo believes that the government is behind this Kony 2012 movement, and that they are using it as a pretext to go to war. Of course, that's ridiculous because the U.S. would never go into any war unless it served their interests. This is not the first act of genocide in recent times that the U.S. government turned a blind eye to.

This has nothing to do with making a moral judgment on whether the U.S. military should be involved or not, it's about showing Geo that it's not a conspiracy.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 1:16:30 PM

That's hilarious.

Self interest always trumps altruism.

Read Ayn Rand.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 1:50:33 PM
At 3/9/2012 1:14:49 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Lmfao, I love how people keep repeating "there's no interest in it," as though money is so much more important than the lives of children.:

Remember this is in response to Geo. I'm under the assumption that Geo believes that the government is behind this Kony 2012 movement, and that they are using it as a pretext to go to war. Of course, that's ridiculous because the U.S. would never go into any war unless it served their interests. This is not the first act of genocide in recent times that the U.S. government turned a blind eye to.

Lol, oh.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 1:53:48 PM
At 3/9/2012 1:16:30 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Read Ayn Rand.

Lol, based on what? According to who, aside an esoteric, narcissitic, myopic philosopher bastardizing Utilitarianism to conform to Imperialistic agendas?

Egoism is self-defeatist in the way that credit is self-defeatist. Altruism is the primary basis of survival for organisms on this planet.

But, you should know: petty name-dropping is a neg when speaking to Ren, Jewfro.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 2:08:11 PM
At 3/9/2012 1:53:48 PM, Ren wrote:
At 3/9/2012 1:16:30 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Read Ayn Rand.

Lol, based on what? According to who, aside an esoteric, narcissitic, myopic philosopher bastardizing Utilitarianism to conform to Imperialistic agendas?

Only the most famous philosopher of the past century. No biggie.

Egoism is self-defeatist in the way that credit is self-defeatist. Altruism is the primary basis of survival for organisms on this planet.

Altruism requires self sacrifice for foreign gain. Altruism might be present within family units in nature. However, no amount of altruism is present when dealing with foreigners. Animals constantly eat each other. This is not altruistic. Arguing that altruism is present in nature in places other than family units is absurd. Since Uganda is not part of "family unit" with the US (no direct interests for preservation), biology dictates that we should not obtain pain to lessen the pain of complete foreigners.

But, you should know: petty name-dropping is a neg when speaking to Ren, Jewfro.

Lol. Insults are the most graceless way of accepting defeat.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 2:13:32 PM
At 3/9/2012 2:08:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Only the most famous philosopher of the past century. No biggie.

Lmfao.

Nuh huh. Tupac is the most famous philospher of the last eon.

Now what?

Altruism requires self sacrifice for foreign gain.

No. Altruism is individual sacrifice for collective gain. See: warning calls when a predator approaches a group of prey.

Altruism might be present within family units in nature.

As well as communities, etc.

However, no amount of altruism is present when dealing with foreigners.

Define "foreigners," given nationalism is (an imperfect) human construct.

Animals constantly eat each other.

No. Predators eat prey; scavengers eat carrion.

This is not altruistic.

Nor is it evidenciary of any sort of understanding of biology whatsoever.

Arguing that altruism is present in nature in places other than family units is absurd.

Lol, I can't trust you to feel stupid on your own, so I'm just going to come right out and tell you that you're an idiot.

http://plato.stanford.edu...

Since Uganda is not part of "family unit" with the US (no direct interests for preservation),

They're not humans?

biology dictates

Lmfao, I'm stopping here. I can barely read between laughter and disgust.
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 2:28:24 PM
Wow, I just finished watching this vid in class. :P
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 3:50:35 PM
It seems no one watched the video in the OP. Alex Jones breaks it down so none of you guys would be saying this ridiculous stuff.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 3:52:21 PM
At 3/9/2012 3:50:35 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
It seems no one watched the video in the OP. Alex Jones breaks it down so none of you guys would be saying this ridiculous stuff.
The video has been taken down so we never got to see it.

Also, the thesis must be idiotic so we pay it no heed.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 4:06:41 PM

Yeah, I really wanna see it. But the video's down.
kfc
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 4:16:45 PM
Nowhere in the video does it say moving more troops to Uganda, it only is rallying support to keep the 100 US adviser already there to stay there and to spread the word about who this guy is and what he is doing...

(waits for counter argument from Geo about how this is a NWO conspiracy)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 4:17:41 PM

Summarize it for us, Geo! I want to feel ridiculous!! :D
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 4:23:10 PM
At 3/9/2012 1:53:48 PM, Ren wrote:
Egoism is self-defeatist in the way that credit is self-defeatist.

What way is that?

Also... I don't know if I fit the bill for an Egoist.. But Only my own cares are relevant to me.. and are the only thing that could Could possibly Give weight(in my view) to any "should" assertion.

Altruism is the primary basis of survival for organisms on this planet.

Umm... I don't think so... Bacteria.. Flies... are they all altruistic? o.O

Now.. People, Apes, other mammals that are heavily dependent upon parents for rearing.. ok...

Also... Though I acknowledge that the way in which most people use the term "egoist".. Egoism is pretty much a person's cares Trimmed to exclude any altruistic goals.... But I think that's silly.. For I would help others to feel good myself ;)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 4:23:56 PM
At 3/9/2012 4:23:10 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Also... Though I acknowledge that the way in which most people use the term "egoist".. Egoism is pretty much a person's cares Trimmed to exclude any altruistic goals.... But I think that's silly.. For I would help others to feel good myself ;)

And to avoid feeling bad.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 4:25:21 PM
At 3/9/2012 4:17:41 PM, Ren wrote:
I want to feel ridiculous!! :D

I would imagine you should feel ridiculous all the time...

That is if you're feelings accurately depict reality for ya :P
You're a dummy

Metaphysics:
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 4:30:08 PM
At 3/9/2012 4:25:21 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
That, is if your feelings accurately reflect reality for ya :P

Fixed.

If you try a little harder, you might just succeed at insutling me.

But, don't quit now. A year's worth of work is a lot of investment to just give up.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 4:31:28 PM
LoLoL, that comma should have been after "is."

But, well, I didn't hack the whole sentence apart stumbling over an insult, so I'll save that ridiculousness for you, as you need it more.

Geo? Still waiting.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 4:34:27 PM
At 3/9/2012 4:30:08 PM, Ren wrote:

Fixed.

Umm.. you added a comma.. o.O

but.. I think you did it in the wrong place.

Good job at Fcking up being a moron.

If you try a little harder, you might just succeed at insutling me.

Nice comma... But I wouldn't care to insutl you.

But, don't quit now. A year's worth of work is a lot of investment to just give up.

8)

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 4:40:32 PM

oh!, I see you also fixed my unnecessary apostraphe! :)

Good job Ren! Your smart

Metaphysics:
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 4:42:29 PM
Ren must be the most conceited member on DDO when judged relative to his actual abilities. The guy acts like he is wisdom incarnate while the things he says have less logic applied to them than a youtube comment.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 5:01:37 PM
At 3/9/2012 4:40:32 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

oh!, I see you also fixed my unnecessary apostraphe! :)

Apostrophe.

Good job Ren! Your smart

You're.