Jump to topic:

Bill Maher: Obama's Million Dollar Man

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 9:11:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Your Thoughts? Yes I think we have found someone worse than Limbaugh.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 9:31:40 PM
At 3/9/2012 9:11:22 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
Your Thoughts? Yes I think we have found someone worse than Limbaugh.

I don't like Maher, but "worse than Limbaugh"? I think not.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 9:36:11 PM
Those comments were definitely messed up......but they just aren't as, "loud" per se as Limbaugh. Maher is obviously a comedian, but Limbaugh's position doesn't justify the comments he makes.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 9:38:57 PM
Actually, if you watched the show you would know that Bill has not supported Obama for awhile and is now supporting Ron Paul. He called Ron Paul his "new hero".

And, yes, he does make money in the same way as Limbaugh or O'Reilly do. By saying inflammatory things to increase ratings. But it's pretty pointless to get offended by it.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 9:42:44 PM
At 3/9/2012 9:38:57 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Actually, if you watched the show you would know that Bill has not supported Obama for awhile and is now supporting Ron Paul. He called Ron Paul his "new hero".

And, yes, he does make money in the same way as Limbaugh or O'Reilly do. By saying inflammatory things to increase ratings. But it's pretty pointless to get offended by it.

For once, FREEDO made perfect sense
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 9:50:03 PM
At 3/9/2012 9:36:11 PM, 000ike wrote:
Those comments were definitely messed up......but they just aren't as, "loud" per se as Limbaugh. Maher is obviously a comedian, but Limbaugh's position doesn't justify the comments he makes.

While I am conservative, I do find Limbaugh a little crazy sometimes.

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 9:53:28 PM
While I am conservative, I do find Limbaugh a little crazy sometimes.:

I find both of them obnoxious, personally.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 10:02:02 PM
At 3/9/2012 9:53:28 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
While I am conservative, I do find Limbaugh a little crazy sometimes.:

I find both of them obnoxious, personally.

Yeah, I really think comedians should not be using such words on people because to Maher I would say it is OK to make fun of people some times (they should be used to it when they are in the public light), but don't bash one person too much or so often and do not use such strong language. For Limbaugh I like hearing an energetic voice on the radio and Limbaugh does get into it, but he also usually goes on occasion too far.

MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 10:02:15 PM
Bill Maher is a comedian, and a comedian's job is to entertain. I see nothing wrong with him making those jokes, because in a comedic setting those remarks aren't really to be taken seriously. Now if he made those remarks in a political setting he'd be open to censure and rebuke, don't get me wrong.
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 10:07:29 PM
At 3/9/2012 10:02:15 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
Bill Maher is a comedian, and a comedian's job is to entertain. I see nothing wrong with him making those jokes, because in a comedic setting those remarks aren't really to be taken seriously. Now if he made those remarks in a political setting he'd be open to censure and rebuke, don't get me wrong.

Because it is funny to call other people curse words. I completely see where you are coming from.

MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 10:10:03 PM
At 3/9/2012 10:07:29 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

Because it is funny to call other people curse words. I completely see where you are coming from.

Actually yes it is.
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 10:13:49 PM
At 3/9/2012 10:10:03 PM, MrBrooks wrote:

Actually yes it is.

Well you are an a****** then. Take that.

MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 10:19:20 PM
At 3/9/2012 10:13:49 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 3/9/2012 10:10:03 PM, MrBrooks wrote:

Actually yes it is.

Well you are an a****** then. Take that.

Its only funny if the joke is good. Otherwise it's just in poor taste. See: Its okay if it's funny.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 9:11:34 PM
Oh please I have the strictest moral compass of anyone on this site and I didn't see any problem with anything he said. Calling Palin a "cunt" isn't any worse than calling Rush Limbaugh a "dick" but because Limbaugh is a guy it's fine and because Palin is a girl it isn't. The commenters in this thread, therefore, are the real supporters of sexism - not Maher.
Rob