Jump to topic:

Is it time to legalize pot and reduce the dea

GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2012 8:37:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is it time to legalize pot and reduce the death rate of tobacco and alcohol?

Tobacco kills more people than all other psychotropic drugs combined, excluding alcohol.

Our government policy should be to legalize the more forgiving drugs and make the less forgiving drugs illegal.

Addiction research and government reports for the last 100 years have exonerated pot and cleared it's reputation as the safest and most forgiving alternative for psychotropic drug use.

The last vote in California for or against the legalization of pot was defeated because of funding by the tobacco and alcohol lobby. In real terms, they were buying permission to kill the maximum number of humans with government collusion.

How much money per human life did alcohol and tobacco pay our government officials?

Is it time to do the moral thing and save the lives we can by making the less harmful psychotropic drugs legal?

Regards
DL
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2012 7:00:00 PM
Actually, caffeine is the most widely addicted to drug that is completely legal. Plus it disrupts your sleeping patterns.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Irkutsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2012 7:05:11 PM
At 3/13/2012 7:00:00 PM, Contra wrote:
Actually, caffeine is the most widely addicted to drug that is completely legal. Plus it disrupts your sleeping patterns.

Remember Kids.
Drink Tea.
Get High.
Life is like radiation. A uniquely damaging event. Perhaps I will live another thirty years. Perhaps I will die tomorrow. But I have no regrets. I was sometimes forced to make difficult choices. But enough is enough. As Vladimir would say, you can only die once, make sure it is worth it.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2012 11:32:09 PM

If you're talking about caffeine in this statement, it would explain why I'm practically an insomniac. I physically cannot go to sleep anymore unless it's past 1 a.m. even if I'm drop-dead tired.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2012 11:41:22 PM
At 3/13/2012 11:32:09 PM, Zaradi wrote:

If you're talking about caffeine in this statement, it would explain why I'm practically an insomniac. I physically cannot go to sleep anymore unless it's past 1 a.m. even if I'm drop-dead tired.

it's fine. As long as you are in the bed.