Jump to topic:

Romney=Obama

1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 9:47:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Romney basically has the same ideas as Obama. Would it be any different if Romney replaces Obama?
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 9:49:06 PM
Would it really be any different if ANYONE replaced Obama?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 9:49:26 PM
At 3/14/2012 9:47:46 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
Romney basically has the same ideas as Obama. Would it be any different if Romney replaces Obama?

Billionaire financier George Soros thinks that, if Mitt Romney wins the presidency, there will be "little difference" between him and Barack Obama in the White House.

http://www.sodahead.com...
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 9:54:21 PM
At 3/14/2012 9:49:06 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Ron Paul? Rick Santorum?....I can understand the argument that Gingrich and Romney offer no significant changes to the status quo, but there's nothing about Paul or Santorum that suggests that they'd continue Obama's liberal policies.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 9:58:07 PM
At 3/14/2012 9:54:21 PM, 000ike wrote:

Ron Paul? Rick Santorum?....I can understand the argument that Gingrich and Romney offer no significant changes to the status quo, but there's nothing about Paul or Santorum that suggests that they'd continue Obama's liberal policies.

One would hope things would change under Ron Paul, Obama's policies are a warm welcome from Santorum's.

But realistically? The president is the executive. Congress is where the real change (if any) takes place.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 12:12:30 AM
At 3/14/2012 9:58:07 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

One would hope things would change under Ron Paul, Obama's policies are a warm welcome from Santorum's.

So tax cuts and regulation cuts = obama's policies?

But realistically? The president is the executive. Congress is where the real change (if any) takes place.

The executive branch can regulate like laws, its BS now, the executive is where all the power is in current US politics... Only a few politicians would try to lower its power.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2012 6:28:46 PM
At 3/14/2012 11:20:50 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
I disagree.

Why? Explain.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2012 6:35:13 PM

: But realistically? The president is the executive. Congress is where the real change (if any) takes place.

This
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2012 6:38:40 PM

I disagree; you need to look at their platforms, and stop assuming.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2012 7:11:11 PM
At 3/14/2012 9:49:26 PM, Reasoning wrote:

Billionaire financier George Soros thinks that, if Mitt Romney wins the presidency, there will be "little difference" between him and Barack Obama in the White House.

Who the hell is George Soros to talk? He's not even American...

He's just a liberal cheerleader.
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 3:08:46 AM

Romney has the same ideas as Obama right now.

But just you wait until someone challenges those ideas and Romney's ideas will get flipped, turn upside down and he'd like to take a minute, just sit right there, he'll tell you how he wants to sit in the oval office chair.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 3:02:45 PM
At 3/15/2012 12:12:30 AM, 16kadams wrote:

So tax cuts and regulation cuts = obama's policies?

How the hell are you certain on what Romney's policies even are?

You can't have certitude of a man's policies when he flops his position to the polar end of the issue just to appeal to southern Conservatives. It's like, Nixon 2.0 w/ the Southern Strategy.

The executive branch can regulate like laws, its BS now, the executive is where all the power is in current US politics... Only a few politicians would try to lower its power.
turn down for h'what
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 1:38:18 PM
At 5/5/2012 7:11:11 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Who the hell is George Soros to talk? He's not even American...

He's just a liberal cheerleader.

He's a investment guru.

When Soros says "little difference" he probably means that investors shouldn't expect trends to differ too much if Romney/Obama switch but that trends will change dramatically if a non-Romney candidate won or an extreme VP is chosen and a liberal SCOTUS goes down.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 2:11:31 PM
At 5/5/2012 6:38:40 PM, DanT wrote:

I disagree; you need to look at their platforms, and stop assuming.

Their platforms? Hahahaha, what a joke! Their full of crap used to Con people into supporting them. And they take views that appeal to their respective party as well as the middle.

Obama and Romney may disagree on trivial matters but they both hate freedom so they are essentially the same. Hitler likes chocolate ice cream, Pol Pot likes vanilla ice cream.

Same face different mask. The face of Communo-Fascism takes many forms.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 2:20:26 PM
Mitt Romney will be marginally better on fiscal policy if elected, but he would obviously benefit from the artificial growth provided by Fed stimulus to thank for that.

I asked the author of Recarving Rushmore where he would place Obama on his rankings, and he said, "I'd place him right around Bush. Their policies are practically the same." That's my prediction for Romney after BO: practically the same policies.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 7:31:43 PM
Romney will likely be more fiscally conservative (he always was) then obama, a huge issue right now. And he has always, I think, been an economic conservative. So he beats obama there... Kinda...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
cbrhawk1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 7:36:08 PM

I agree.

I don't see Romney as revolutionary or even good for that matter (Curses, those who bury Ron Paul!), but how can it get any worse than this crook already sitting in our chair?
"All science is 'wrong.'" ~ drafterman
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 7:54:51 PM
I think that Romney, right now, has some inherently different ideas than Obama. However, the current political climate and the very nature of the position makes sure that Romney will not be not be unlike Obama. Whoever said that Congress needs to change, +1 to them.
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 9:08:32 AM
It honestly seems like they DON'T have very much in common:

http://2012.candidate-comparison.org...
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 11:43:29 AM
At 5/10/2012 9:08:32 AM, Buckethead31594 wrote:

Obama: Supports war, torture, drug war, Patriot Act, NDAA, NAFTA, government health care, destroying internet freedom, Federal Reserve, TSA, globalism, fascism.

Romney: Supports war, torture, drug war, Patriot Act, NDAA, NAFTA, government health care, destroying internet freedom, Federal Reserve, TSA, globalism, fascism.

So do they actually disagree on anything important or just trivial matters?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 11:57:32 AM
http://thenewamerican.com...

This article proves how similar they are

"My job is to get America back on track to have a balanced budget," he told attendees at a suburban Cleveland town hall event Monday. "Now I'm not going to cut $1 trillion in the first year," he added — a clear jab at Paul's plan.

"Why not, someone in the crowd apparently asked," according to the Times.

"The reason," Romney explained, "is taking a trillion dollars out of a $15 trillion economy would cause our economy to shrink [and] would put a lot of people out of work."

This, of course, is pure Keynesian economics — the idea that the economy cannot grow without massive government spending. History proves otherwise: The economy stagnated while the government spent more and more during the Great Depression, but it took off when federal spending plummeted after World War II.

For all his vaunted business acumen, Romney has apparently forgotten that the government cannot spend $1 trillion without first taking it from the private sector. Therefore, if the government fails to spend that money, it is not being taken out of the economy; it is merely being left in the hands of its rightful owners."

Yeah, Romney representing the private sector my @$$, if he's elected we get more debt, more militarism, more Keynesian economics.... Just like if Obama is re-elected (though maybe not as much debt, but more militarism)
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 1:13:54 PM
At 5/10/2012 11:43:29 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Obama: Supports war, torture, drug war, Patriot Act, NDAA, NAFTA, government health care, destroying internet freedom, Federal Reserve, TSA, globalism, fascism.

Romney: Supports war, torture, drug war, Patriot Act, NDAA, NAFTA, government health care, destroying internet freedom, Federal Reserve, TSA, globalism, fascism.

Eh, I suppose they are just trivial matters. But the trivial matters make a difference! Regardless, Anti-abortion, etc. Romney has my vote as of now.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 1:22:05 PM
At 5/10/2012 1:13:54 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 5/10/2012 11:43:29 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Eh, I suppose they are just trivial matters. But the trivial matters make a difference! Regardless, Anti-abortion, etc. Romney has my vote as of now.

The only reason Romney is now pro-life, despite having been pro-choice, is because he'll say and do whatever it takes to get elected.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 1:24:48 PM
At 5/10/2012 1:22:05 PM, lewis20 wrote:

The only reason Romney is now pro-life, despite having been pro-choice, is because he'll say and do whatever it takes to get elected.

Hold the god damned presses!

A politician is willing to say something just because he believes it'll get him more votes? Certainly you have evidence to back up this wild, baseless, and unprecedented assertion.

Never before in the entire history of elected officials, has this ever happened. Which news agency broke this monumental, history making story?
newspapers_are_cool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 2:31:36 PM
I think being president means that you have to put A LOT of your principles on hold and do things that a president needs to do. The only real difference there will be is on their economic visions...
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 4:12:22 PM
At 5/10/2012 11:57:32 AM, jat93 wrote:
http://thenewamerican.com...

This article proves how similar they are

"My job is to get America back on track to have a balanced budget," he told attendees at a suburban Cleveland town hall event Monday. "Now I'm not going to cut $1 trillion in the first year," he added — a clear jab at Paul's plan.

"Why not, someone in the crowd apparently asked," according to the Times.

"The reason," Romney explained, "is taking a trillion dollars out of a $15 trillion economy would cause our economy to shrink [and] would put a lot of people out of work."

This, of course, is pure Keynesian economics — the idea that the economy cannot grow without massive government spending. History proves otherwise: The economy stagnated while the government spent more and more during the Great Depression, but it took off when federal spending plummeted after World War II.

For all his vaunted business acumen, Romney has apparently forgotten that the government cannot spend $1 trillion without first taking it from the private sector. Therefore, if the government fails to spend that money, it is not being taken out of the economy; it is merely being left in the hands of its rightful owners."

Yeah, Romney representing the private sector my @$$, if he's elected we get more debt, more militarism, more Keynesian economics.... Just like if Obama is re-elected (though maybe not as much debt, but more militarism)

Keynesian economics also works when we invest in people's education on a mass scale, we do well in the economy. The GI Bill allowed millions of returning soldiers get a free education, and it allowed us to prosper in the 1950s, which a top tax rate of 90% (that didn't help though, the Laffer Curve shows that most revenue is collected at about 74%, but with the strong economy, the curve shifted some, it is an imperfect measure).
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan