Total Posts:33|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Right to bear arms

DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...

Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 8:14:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."

You are goofy.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 8:22:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 8:14:25 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."


You are goofy.

And you are a waste of oxygen and space; I'm no longer going to dignify your comments with a response because you are just a troll wasting my time.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 8:45:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 8:22:07 AM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:14:25 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."


You are goofy.

And you are a waste of oxygen and space; I'm no longer going to dignify your comments with a response because you are just a troll wasting my time.

No doubt to you that is the case. Your use of a web site for definitions of 18th century english is obtuse. You make progressives look brilliant.

I guess we should all own F-16s and a few M-60s.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 9:40:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 8:45:41 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:22:07 AM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:14:25 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."


You are goofy.

And you are a waste of oxygen and space; I'm no longer going to dignify your comments with a response because you are just a troll wasting my time.

No doubt to you that is the case. Your use of a web site for definitions of 18th century english is obtuse. You make progressives look brilliant.

I guess we should all own F-16s and a few M-60s.

dude I have an IQ of 128 on the Stanford Binet scale. That means I'm "gifted" with "very superior intelligence". So go blow it out your a**!
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 9:49:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 9:40:48 AM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:45:41 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:22:07 AM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:14:25 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."


You are goofy.

And you are a waste of oxygen and space; I'm no longer going to dignify your comments with a response because you are just a troll wasting my time.

No doubt to you that is the case. Your use of a web site for definitions of 18th century english is obtuse. You make progressives look brilliant.

I guess we should all own F-16s and a few M-60s.

dude I have an IQ of 128 on the Stanford Binet scale. That means I'm "gifted" with "very superior intelligence". So go blow it out your a**!

How did you end up at Granite State with that?
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 9:59:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 9:49:23 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 3/15/2012 9:40:48 AM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:45:41 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:22:07 AM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:14:25 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."


You are goofy.

And you are a waste of oxygen and space; I'm no longer going to dignify your comments with a response because you are just a troll wasting my time.

No doubt to you that is the case. Your use of a web site for definitions of 18th century english is obtuse. You make progressives look brilliant.

I guess we should all own F-16s and a few M-60s.

dude I have an IQ of 128 on the Stanford Binet scale. That means I'm "gifted" with "very superior intelligence". So go blow it out your a**!

How did you end up at Granite State with that?

Finances
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 10:12:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 9:40:48 AM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:45:41 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:22:07 AM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:14:25 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."


You are goofy.

And you are a waste of oxygen and space; I'm no longer going to dignify your comments with a response because you are just a troll wasting my time.

No doubt to you that is the case. Your use of a web site for definitions of 18th century english is obtuse. You make progressives look brilliant.

I guess we should all own F-16s and a few M-60s.

dude I have an IQ of 128 on the Stanford Binet scale. That means I'm "gifted" with "very superior intelligence". So go blow it out your a**!

Apparently not, since you can not read nor respond intelligently to anything. But hey, as long as you fragile sense of self isn't damaged....btw IQ is is part of you paradigm of relativism. (that means your generation is ignorant) One more thing....you IQ is lower than mine,,,,LOL
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 10:37:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 10:12:01 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 9:40:48 AM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:45:41 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:22:07 AM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:14:25 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."


You are goofy.

And you are a waste of oxygen and space; I'm no longer going to dignify your comments with a response because you are just a troll wasting my time.

No doubt to you that is the case. Your use of a web site for definitions of 18th century english is obtuse. You make progressives look brilliant.

I guess we should all own F-16s and a few M-60s.

dude I have an IQ of 128 on the Stanford Binet scale. That means I'm "gifted" with "very superior intelligence". So go blow it out your a**!

Apparently not, since you can not read nor respond intelligently to anything.

A.) I can read
B.) I do respond intelligently
C.) you are the one who can't respond intelligently, and you have poor grammar and spelling.
D.) You are not a marine, you are a liar and a marine groupie, with conduct that would get your thrown out of the marines.
E.) You are not in your 50's, your conduct, grammar ans spelling leads me to believer you are only 14
F.) You are a troll, wasting space on these forums, and nobody here agrees with you. Everyone knows you are a troll, with nothing to contribute.
G.) You act like you have aspergers; you engage in one-sided, long-winded conversations; you don't appear to understand, or empathize with others' feelings; you have a hard time understanding humor or sarcasm; you have poor writing skills, and you have a hard time understanding what is being said

But hey, as long as you fragile sense of self isn't damaged....btw IQ is is part of you paradigm of relativism. (that means your generation is ignorant) One more thing....you IQ is lower than mine,,,,LOL

I doubt that. What is your IQ, using what scale?
128 on the Stanford-Binet Scale, is comparable to an IQ of 142 on the Cattell Scale
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 10:39:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."

let's get back on topic. Logicrules once again derailed a subject of mine with his illogical, irrelevant, and senseless trolling.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 10:43:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why did a decent forum end up in a flame war?
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 2:51:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 12:31:53 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Although I argue for gun control, I don't believe in it. Still, it is an interesting debate.

devil's advocate?
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 3:07:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."

This is a fairly good argument, but open to the attacks from the left during Heller.

If you want what I consider a pretty ironclad argument showing the 2nd amendment refers to an individual right, check out this article

Mason, Madison, and Militias: A Progressive for a Right to Bear Arms
http://www.stanford.edu...
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 5:20:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 10:37:45 AM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 10:12:01 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 9:40:48 AM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:45:41 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:22:07 AM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:14:25 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."


You are goofy.

And you are a waste of oxygen and space; I'm no longer going to dignify your comments with a response because you are just a troll wasting my time.

No doubt to you that is the case. Your use of a web site for definitions of 18th century english is obtuse. You make progressives look brilliant.

I guess we should all own F-16s and a few M-60s.

dude I have an IQ of 128 on the Stanford Binet scale. That means I'm "gifted" with "very superior intelligence". So go blow it out your a**!

Apparently not, since you can not read nor respond intelligently to anything.

A.) I can read
B.) I do respond intelligently
C.) you are the one who can't respond intelligently, and you have poor grammar and spelling.
D.) You are not a marine, you are a liar and a marine groupie, with conduct that would get your thrown out of the marines.
E.) You are not in your 50's, your conduct, grammar ans spelling leads me to believer you are only 14
F.) You are a troll, wasting space on these forums, and nobody here agrees with you. Everyone knows you are a troll, with nothing to contribute.
G.) You act like you have aspergers; you engage in one-sided, long-winded conversations; you don't appear to understand, or empathize with others' feelings; you have a hard time understanding humor or sarcasm; you have poor writing skills, and you have a hard time understanding what is being said

But hey, as long as you fragile sense of self isn't damaged....btw IQ is is part of you paradigm of relativism. (that means your generation is ignorant) One more thing....you IQ is lower than mine,,,,LOL

I doubt that. What is your IQ, using what scale?
128 on the Stanford-Binet Scale, is comparable to an IQ of 142 on the Cattell Scale

Doubt away....im so old we didnt make people from Gran State feel special....we all knew they needed help. but hey, let me know ho ya do on that lsat...IQ as high as you say there would be scholarships out the wazoo.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 5:31:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 5:20:29 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 10:37:45 AM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 10:12:01 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 9:40:48 AM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:45:41 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:22:07 AM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:14:25 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."


You are goofy.

And you are a waste of oxygen and space; I'm no longer going to dignify your comments with a response because you are just a troll wasting my time.

No doubt to you that is the case. Your use of a web site for definitions of 18th century english is obtuse. You make progressives look brilliant.

I guess we should all own F-16s and a few M-60s.

dude I have an IQ of 128 on the Stanford Binet scale. That means I'm "gifted" with "very superior intelligence". So go blow it out your a**!

Apparently not, since you can not read nor respond intelligently to anything.

A.) I can read
B.) I do respond intelligently
C.) you are the one who can't respond intelligently, and you have poor grammar and spelling.
D.) You are not a marine, you are a liar and a marine groupie, with conduct that would get your thrown out of the marines.
E.) You are not in your 50's, your conduct, grammar ans spelling leads me to believer you are only 14
F.) You are a troll, wasting space on these forums, and nobody here agrees with you. Everyone knows you are a troll, with nothing to contribute.
G.) You act like you have aspergers; you engage in one-sided, long-winded conversations; you don't appear to understand, or empathize with others' feelings; you have a hard time understanding humor or sarcasm; you have poor writing skills, and you have a hard time understanding what is being said

But hey, as long as you fragile sense of self isn't damaged....btw IQ is is part of you paradigm of relativism. (that means your generation is ignorant) One more thing....you IQ is lower than mine,,,,LOL

I doubt that. What is your IQ, using what scale?
128 on the Stanford-Binet Scale, is comparable to an IQ of 142 on the Cattell Scale

Doubt away....im so old we didnt make people from Gran State feel special....we all knew they needed help. but hey, let me know ho ya do on that lsat...IQ as high as you say there would be scholarships out the wazoo.

Not a Law student. I'm a Business Major. Science in Business Administration.

I also made Deans list every year, freshman and sophomore. I am paying out of pocket, because when Obama took over the student loans he drove up the interest rate. I paid off my student loan, while still in college; I feel sorry for those who couldn't.
I probably qualify for grants, left and right with my current grades, but I haven't got around to filling out the FAFSAs again. I won't accept anymore student loans, only grants.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 5:37:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 3:07:03 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."

This is a fairly good argument, but open to the attacks from the left during Heller.

If you want what I consider a pretty ironclad argument showing the 2nd amendment refers to an individual right, check out this article

Mason, Madison, and Militias: A Progressive for a Right to Bear Arms
http://www.stanford.edu...

I'll read it. I'm a bit busy though, I still have to finish my 10 page term paper for economics. So far I got a 100%, I only need a 95% to get a 4.0 for the class, but I want to maintain the 100% for bragging rights. :P
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 6:45:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 5:37:00 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 3:07:03 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."

This is a fairly good argument, but open to the attacks from the left during Heller.

If you want what I consider a pretty ironclad argument showing the 2nd amendment refers to an individual right, check out this article

Mason, Madison, and Militias: A Progressive for a Right to Bear Arms
http://www.stanford.edu...

I'll read it. I'm a bit busy though, I still have to finish my 10 page term paper for economics. So far I got a 100%, I only need a 95% to get a 4.0 for the class, but I want to maintain the 100% for bragging rights. :P

I feel like this is typical of you.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 7:07:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 6:45:58 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 3/15/2012 5:37:00 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 3:07:03 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."

This is a fairly good argument, but open to the attacks from the left during Heller.

If you want what I consider a pretty ironclad argument showing the 2nd amendment refers to an individual right, check out this article

Mason, Madison, and Militias: A Progressive for a Right to Bear Arms
http://www.stanford.edu...

I'll read it. I'm a bit busy though, I still have to finish my 10 page term paper for economics. So far I got a 100%, I only need a 95% to get a 4.0 for the class, but I want to maintain the 100% for bragging rights. :P

I feel like this is typical of you.

Nothing wrong with bragging, so long as it's true. If you achieved something, you should feel good about it. It's only natural to share good news.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 7:14:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 7:07:48 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 6:45:58 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 3/15/2012 5:37:00 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 3:07:03 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."

This is a fairly good argument, but open to the attacks from the left during Heller.

If you want what I consider a pretty ironclad argument showing the 2nd amendment refers to an individual right, check out this article

Mason, Madison, and Militias: A Progressive for a Right to Bear Arms
http://www.stanford.edu...

I'll read it. I'm a bit busy though, I still have to finish my 10 page term paper for economics. So far I got a 100%, I only need a 95% to get a 4.0 for the class, but I want to maintain the 100% for bragging rights. :P

I feel like this is typical of you.

Nothing wrong with bragging, so long as it's true. If you achieved something, you should feel good about it. It's only natural to share good news.

Do you ever stop to think about how the listener might feel?
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 7:23:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 7:14:34 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:07:48 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 6:45:58 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 3/15/2012 5:37:00 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 3:07:03 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."

This is a fairly good argument, but open to the attacks from the left during Heller.

If you want what I consider a pretty ironclad argument showing the 2nd amendment refers to an individual right, check out this article

Mason, Madison, and Militias: A Progressive for a Right to Bear Arms
http://www.stanford.edu...

I'll read it. I'm a bit busy though, I still have to finish my 10 page term paper for economics. So far I got a 100%, I only need a 95% to get a 4.0 for the class, but I want to maintain the 100% for bragging rights. :P

I feel like this is typical of you.

Nothing wrong with bragging, so long as it's true. If you achieved something, you should feel good about it. It's only natural to share good news.

Do you ever stop to think about how the listener might feel?
Take it easy, let the insecure man enjoy himself!
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 7:26:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 7:23:25 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:14:34 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:07:48 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 6:45:58 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 3/15/2012 5:37:00 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 3:07:03 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."

This is a fairly good argument, but open to the attacks from the left during Heller.

If you want what I consider a pretty ironclad argument showing the 2nd amendment refers to an individual right, check out this article

Mason, Madison, and Militias: A Progressive for a Right to Bear Arms
http://www.stanford.edu...

I'll read it. I'm a bit busy though, I still have to finish my 10 page term paper for economics. So far I got a 100%, I only need a 95% to get a 4.0 for the class, but I want to maintain the 100% for bragging rights. :P

I feel like this is typical of you.

Nothing wrong with bragging, so long as it's true. If you achieved something, you should feel good about it. It's only natural to share good news.

Do you ever stop to think about how the listener might feel?
Take it easy, let the insecure man enjoy himself!

I know, I know, I almost didn't say anything. Blame the boredom.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 7:50:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 7:14:34 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:07:48 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 6:45:58 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 3/15/2012 5:37:00 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/15/2012 3:07:03 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."

This is a fairly good argument, but open to the attacks from the left during Heller.

If you want what I consider a pretty ironclad argument showing the 2nd amendment refers to an individual right, check out this article

Mason, Madison, and Militias: A Progressive for a Right to Bear Arms
http://www.stanford.edu...

I'll read it. I'm a bit busy though, I still have to finish my 10 page term paper for economics. So far I got a 100%, I only need a 95% to get a 4.0 for the class, but I want to maintain the 100% for bragging rights. :P

I feel like this is typical of you.

Nothing wrong with bragging, so long as it's true. If you achieved something, you should feel good about it. It's only natural to share good news.

Do you ever stop to think about how the listener might feel?

Usually the listener congratulates me, than mention some good news they have. If they feel bad it's not due to me giving them good news, it's due to their own negative thoughts.
When you have good news, you share the good news. If you only share bad news, people get depressed when they talk to you.
No one can make you feel bad, it's your own mental habits that causes you pain. Suffering is an internal issue, not external.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 8:12:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 7:58:07 AM, DanT wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

(v) regulate (shape or influence; give direction to)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) militia (the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service)
(n) militia, reserves (civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(v) bear (bring forth)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
(n) arms (weapons considered collectively)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...


Therefore, "A well influenced populace, trained in military combat, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bring forth weapons, of any kind, shall not be infringed."

can we get back on topic
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 8:21:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
kid knows how to bear arms: http://2.bp.blogspot.com...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 8:33:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I support the right to:

1. Bear arms
2. Bare arms
3. Arm bears
4. and the right to surgically remove my arms and replace them a bear's arms. F*ck yeahhhhh!!!!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 8:45:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 8:33:00 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I support the right to:

1. Bear arms
2. Bare arms
3. Arm bears
4. and the right to surgically remove my arms and replace them a bear's arms. F*ck yeahhhhh!!!!

Reminds me of this.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 8:47:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 8:45:00 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 3/15/2012 8:33:00 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I support the right to:

1. Bear arms
2. Bare arms
3. Arm bears
4. and the right to surgically remove my arms and replace them a bear's arms. F*ck yeahhhhh!!!!

Reminds me of this.

that would be if the word "and" was not in between "keep" and "bear"
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle