Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

The Supreme Court's rule is just a suggestion

000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 2:16:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

The legislative branch interprets the law and sets precedent.

In essence, they are the morality of our legal system. They interpret things done based on given parameters and determine whether there is any infringement, while ensuring that said rules are interpreted logically, rationally, and meaninfully. This is why those that render such interpretations are known as "justices" and also, why condemnations are determined by consensus.

I'm glad you asked this question. Perhaps you can finally grasp what I've been saying for three months.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 2:20:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Does any part of government have the power to enforce their rules? Only the military and police really have the power to enforce "rules." So really, whoever those guys choose to support has the power (as long as those guys continue to support them)


Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal).


The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

As said, you could say the same to congress. If the military and police choose not to listen to congress, then their "laws" are nothing more than suggestions aswell. The difference is that the military and police DO choose to listen to them, and so their will is enforced.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 2:21:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 2:16:13 PM, Ren wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

The legislative branch interprets the law and sets precedent.

In essence, they are the morality of our legal system. They interpret things done based on given parameters and determine whether there is any infringement, while ensuring that said rules are interpreted logically, rationally, and meaninfully. This is why those that render such interpretations are known as "justices" and also, why condemnations are determined by consensus.

I'm glad you asked this question. Perhaps you can finally grasp what I've been saying for three months.

I'm assuming that you're talking about my threads in the philosophy forums....I've always understood what you were saying, if I didn't, then I'd say so. You firstly presume that your argument is correct, and then take my rejection for misunderstanding, which is annoying.

What you wrote here doesn't answer my question at all. I know what the Supreme Court is, and what it does. I asked why the other branches obey. You don't even mention the other branches in your response.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 2:25:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

True....no need for laws or courts. I suggest you do not want that.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 2:25:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Common law, such as judicial review is only valid in court. That's why it pisses me off when people quote the supreme court. We are not referring to something that is going to court, and if it did, it could override a previous ruling, if the old ruling was found to be a mistake by the new court.

The court has the power to enforce it's rulings only b upholding previous ruling (common law) in new court cases.
Say the court fund that wire tapping was unconstitutional; if a wire tap was used to gather info it would be inadmissible in court.
Say the court found that freedom of speech zones were unconstitutional. If someone was arrested for protesting outside of said zone, the court would rule them innocent.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

That and the power comes from the Judiciary act of 1789, not the constitution.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

That's the nature of government. Also why we ave a second amendment, elections, and 3 separate branches checking each other.

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

Court only has the power to create common law, which is only valid in court.

There are 3 branches of Government.

The first branch is the legislative branch. The Legislative branch is responsible for creating statutory laws.

The second branch is the executive branch. The Executive branch is responsible for carrying out statutory laws.

The third branch is the judicial branch. The Judicial branch is responsible for interpreting statutory laws, which leads to the creation of common laws. Judicial review is a form of common law. Common laws cannot directly contradict statutory law, and are only valid in court.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 2:26:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 2:25:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

True....no need for laws or courts. I suggest you do not want that.

Please tell me what in that post prompted you to suppose this ridiculous assertion....
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 2:31:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I agree. The Supreme Court's word is taken as law today. In the very least, their decisions must then be recycled back into an enforcable law by Congress but this never happens leaving the Supreme Courts voice as the last word.

I take my inspiration from Andrew Jackson
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 2:34:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 2:21:10 PM, 000ike wrote:

I'm assuming that you're talking about my threads in the philosophy forums....I've always understood what you were saying, if I didn't, then I'd say so. You firstly presume that your argument is correct, and then take my rejection for misunderstanding, which is annoying.

What you wrote here doesn't answer my question at all. I know what the Supreme Court is, and what it does. I asked why the other branches obey. You don't even mention the other branches in your response.

Lol?

Okay then. It's a little confusing that I would need to clarify, if you already understand, but alright...

The purpose of the executive branch is to set precedent. It isn't just there, with people simply listening to them because it's the cool and American thing to do. It is literally the actual purpose of that branch of government.

I'm not "presuming" my "answer" is correct. That is a statement of fact.

In other words, laws are simply parameters, but they don't really have meaning in actual situations. For example, let's say that rules are being drafted for a kindergarden class. Lets go through the process of establishing Rule 1.

Congress discusses it and agrees that Rule 1 should be "no touching." They pass it to the president, who reviews it and, as a respresentative of the people (class), he considers their interests as it pertains to this rule, then either signs or vetos it. In this case, he understands that although some kids might like touching, it is in everyone's best overall interest to prohibit touching in general. So, the rule is passed and set into action.

Suddenly, lunch time comes around and little Bobby starts choking on a piece of mystery meat. Jane immediately gets up and performs the Heimlich maneuver on him, saving his life. However, she touched him to do so.

Here is where the courts come in. They logically and rationally assess the situation and determine what should be done about it, based on the rules.

After hearing the case, the Supreme Court Justice rules that although touching is prohibited, touching for the purpose of saving some's life, including but not limited to the Heimlich Maneuver, is acceptable. This establishes precedent, so that it now becomes a part of the rule and is taken under consideration for all cases involving touching from that point on.

Comprende?

In other words, it's the essence of morality, although it delegates the interpretation of morality to an authority (as others tend to do with religion and other ideologies) rather than relying on one's personal interpretations.
Mimshot
Posts: 275
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 2:55:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

By that logic, the legislature's laws are suggestions since the police don't have to arrest violators and the president's orders to the military are suggestions because the courts might refuse to convict soldiers who disobey them.

No government can rule without the consent of the population. Laws have force only because we agree that they do. The constitution outlines the procedures through which the government operates and the branches (for the most part) respect each other because if one has no power (constitution notwithstanding) why should the other two?
Mimshot: I support the 1956 Republican platform
DDMx: So, you're a socialist?
Mimshot: Yes
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 3:07:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 2:26:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:25:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

True....no need for laws or courts. I suggest you do not want that.

Please tell me what in that post prompted you to suppose this ridiculous assertion....

logicrules's comments never reflects what is actually being said.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 7:08:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 2:26:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:25:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

True....no need for laws or courts. I suggest you do not want that.

Please tell me what in that post prompted you to suppose this ridiculous assertion....

Your post shows a real lack of understanding of western Law. Suggestion? The Court is the final arbiter in society its rulings carry the force of Law. You are expected to take care of yourself and enforce, or follow the Law. That used to separate the educated from a moron. If the Court rules against you you are expected to comply. You do not have to agree.
The Court is also there to protect your rights against the GOVERNMENT. You suggest Police and Lower courts ignore Law and do whatever they feel is right....silly really, but you deserve what you suggest. I dont think you want it though.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 7:10:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 3:07:29 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:26:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:25:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

True....no need for laws or courts. I suggest you do not want that.

Please tell me what in that post prompted you to suppose this ridiculous assertion....

logicrules's comments never reflects what is actually being said.

You have been told by your mommy you're special...so in your special world you may be correct,
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 7:48:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 7:10:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 3:07:29 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:26:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:25:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

True....no need for laws or courts. I suggest you do not want that.

Please tell me what in that post prompted you to suppose this ridiculous assertion....

logicrules's comments never reflects what is actually being said.

You have been told by your mommy you're special...so in your special world you may be correct,

I'm not "special", I'm "Gifted" with a high IQ. So go blow it out your A**!
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 7:52:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 7:08:32 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:26:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:25:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

True....no need for laws or courts. I suggest you do not want that.

Please tell me what in that post prompted you to suppose this ridiculous assertion....

Your post shows a real lack of understanding of western Law. Suggestion? The Court is the final arbiter in society its rulings carry the force of Law. You are expected to take care of yourself and enforce, or follow the Law. That used to separate the educated from a moron. If the Court rules against you you are expected to comply. You do not have to agree.
The Court is also there to protect your rights against the GOVERNMENT. You suggest Police and Lower courts ignore Law and do whatever they feel is right....silly really, but you deserve what you suggest. I dont think you want it though.

I'm sorry but you're a moron. Nothing gets me angry like someone who talks down to me without even understanding the question at hand to begin with.

You first of all clearly didn't read the OP because this thread is designed as a question that you're supposed to answer, not a statement that you're supposed to refute (nevermind that all you read was the title). Second of all, the question is: Why do the legislative and executive branchs obey the Supreme Court when the Supreme Court can't do anything about it if they didn't? Ergo, your answer should mention "the legislative and executive branches" to have any kind of relevancy.

Third, your answer is also complete nonsense since you assert that the court actually consistently protects the people and deters the government,....which is ignorant to the MULTIPLE times the court WAS the oppressive government, or agreed with it (ie. Korematsu, Schenk).
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 8:00:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 7:48:58 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/16/2012 7:10:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 3:07:29 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:26:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:25:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

True....no need for laws or courts. I suggest you do not want that.

Please tell me what in that post prompted you to suppose this ridiculous assertion....

logicrules's comments never reflects what is actually being said.

You have been told by your mommy you're special...so in your special world you may be correct,

I'm not "special", I'm "Gifted" with a high IQ. So go blow it out your A**!

Gifted special, distinction without a difference. You are special, and have a very special education.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 8:05:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 7:08:32 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:26:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:25:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

True....no need for laws or courts. I suggest you do not want that.

Please tell me what in that post prompted you to suppose this ridiculous assertion....

Your post shows a real lack of understanding of western Law. Suggestion?

Yo do know the computer screen is not a mirror right?

The Court is the final arbiter in society its rulings carry the force of Law.
It's rulings carry the force of Common law. Statutory law is greater than common law. Judicial review is a form of common law, and as such it cannot directly conflict with the constitution, a form of statutory law. If common law directly conflicts with statutory law it may be thrown out in a later ruling. As such common law rulings regarding the interpretation of statutory laws are subject to change by an equal or greater court. This is why the supreme court may override lower courts o an older supreme court, and it is why amendments can override court rulings.
You are expected to take care of yourself and enforce, or follow the Law.
You follow statutory law, not common law; common law is only relevant to court cases.
That used to separate the educated from a moron.
You being amongst the moronic.
By the way the opposite of moronic is intelligent, and the opposite of educated is ignorant.
Ignorant =/= moronic
Educated =/= intelligent
If the Court rules against you you are expected to comply. You do not have to agree.
Don't you know how to punctuate?
If the curt rules against you, and you are unwilling, than the executive branch forces you to comply. This is why common law is not enforceable by the executive branch, and only applies to future court cases. Common law is enforced by the judiciary, in current and future court rulings. Only statutory law is enforced by the executive branch.

The Court is also there to protect your rights against the GOVERNMENT. You suggest Police and Lower courts ignore Law and do whatever they feel is right....silly really, but you deserve what you suggest. I dont think you want it though.

Again, common law is enforced by courts. If a cop does not read you your Miranda rights, a common law requirement, the courts will rule in favor of the defendant. This is how common laws, such as judicial review, is enforced.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 8:06:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 7:52:57 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/16/2012 7:08:32 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:26:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:25:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

True....no need for laws or courts. I suggest you do not want that.

Please tell me what in that post prompted you to suppose this ridiculous assertion....

Your post shows a real lack of understanding of western Law. Suggestion? The Court is the final arbiter in society its rulings carry the force of Law. You are expected to take care of yourself and enforce, or follow the Law. That used to separate the educated from a moron. If the Court rules against you you are expected to comply. You do not have to agree.
The Court is also there to protect your rights against the GOVERNMENT. You suggest Police and Lower courts ignore Law and do whatever they feel is right....silly really, but you deserve what you suggest. I dont think you want it though.

I'm sorry but you're a moron. Nothing gets me angry like someone who talks down to me without even understanding the question at hand to begin with.

You first of all clearly didn't read the OP because this thread is designed as a question that you're supposed to answer, not a statement that you're supposed to refute (nevermind that all you read was the title). Second of all, the question is: Why do the legislative and executive branchs obey the Supreme Court when the Supreme Court can't do anything about it if they didn't? Ergo, your answer should mention "the legislative and executive branches" to have any kind of relevancy.

Third, your answer is also complete nonsense since you assert that the court actually consistently protects the people and deters the government,....which is ignorant to the MULTIPLE times the court WAS the oppressive government, or agreed with it (ie. Korematsu, Schenk).

Your question had predicate information upon which you based the interrogatory. I am sorry you feel upset, you asked for the explanation. I see no reason to mention the irrelevant in response to an interrogatory. However, if your knowledge of the other two branches is equal to your understanding of the Judicial we lack sufficient space. They are equal but separate. Ignorant is not a bad word....everyone is ignorant of something.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 8:16:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 8:00:53 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 7:48:58 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/16/2012 7:10:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 3:07:29 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:26:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:25:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

True....no need for laws or courts. I suggest you do not want that.

Please tell me what in that post prompted you to suppose this ridiculous assertion....

logicrules's comments never reflects what is actually being said.

You have been told by your mommy you're special...so in your special world you may be correct,

I'm not "special", I'm "Gifted" with a high IQ. So go blow it out your A**!

Gifted special, distinction without a difference. You are special, and have a very special education.

Intellectual giftedness is an intellectual ability significantly higher than average.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectually_gifted
Intellectual specialness is a euphemism for mental retardation
http://en.wikipedia.org...

I attended the "Gifted education", also known as "Gifted and Talented Education " or "GATE". I was in a class that taught topics several grade levels in advance. There were students in the class who were gifted, and there were also certified geniuses. When I switched from Public school to Private school, I no longer had the opportunity to attend the gifted class.

"Gifted" is much different than "Special", and you re "Special" if you can't tell the difference.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 8:26:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 8:16:22 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/16/2012 8:00:53 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 7:48:58 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/16/2012 7:10:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 3:07:29 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:26:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:25:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

True....no need for laws or courts. I suggest you do not want that.

Please tell me what in that post prompted you to suppose this ridiculous assertion....

logicrules's comments never reflects what is actually being said.

You have been told by your mommy you're special...so in your special world you may be correct,

I'm not "special", I'm "Gifted" with a high IQ. So go blow it out your A**!

Gifted special, distinction without a difference. You are special, and have a very special education.

Intellectual giftedness is an intellectual ability significantly higher than average.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectually_gifted
Intellectual specialness is a euphemism for mental retardation
http://en.wikipedia.org...

I attended the "Gifted education", also known as "Gifted and Talented Education " or "GATE". I was in a class that taught topics several grade levels in advance. There were students in the class who were gifted, and there were also certified geniuses. When I switched from Public school to Private school, I no longer had the opportunity to attend the gifted class.

"Gifted" is much different than "Special", and you re "Special" if you can't tell the difference.

That's what they always tell the special people.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 9:22:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

Um, the Supreme Court exsists to give the masses a sense that there is law and order. We all know that the laws they pass are enforced based on a pick and choose bases depending on who the violator is. The laws they pass are for "you" not all the people.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 9:22:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 8:26:24 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 8:16:22 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/16/2012 8:00:53 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 7:48:58 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/16/2012 7:10:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 3:07:29 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:26:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:25:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

True....no need for laws or courts. I suggest you do not want that.

Please tell me what in that post prompted you to suppose this ridiculous assertion....

logicrules's comments never reflects what is actually being said.

You have been told by your mommy you're special...so in your special world you may be correct,

I'm not "special", I'm "Gifted" with a high IQ. So go blow it out your A**!

Gifted special, distinction without a difference. You are special, and have a very special education.

Intellectual giftedness is an intellectual ability significantly higher than average.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectually_gifted
Intellectual specialness is a euphemism for mental retardation
http://en.wikipedia.org...

I attended the "Gifted education", also known as "Gifted and Talented Education " or "GATE". I was in a class that taught topics several grade levels in advance. There were students in the class who were gifted, and there were also certified geniuses. When I switched from Public school to Private school, I no longer had the opportunity to attend the gifted class.

"Gifted" is much different than "Special", and you re "Special" if you can't tell the difference.

That's what they always tell the special people.

You are a idiot. If you choose to remain willfully ignorant than you are only hurting yourself.
You are the biggest fool I have ever met. You disgrace yourself every time you post, and you manage to make yourself look like a bigger idiot. You are nothing but a troll, who contributes nothing to society. You rely on lies about your personal life, such as your age and career, because you can't earn anyone respect being your worthless self.
Go crawl back under a bridge, because we don't need you trolling the forums.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 10:06:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 9:22:40 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/16/2012 8:26:24 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 8:16:22 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/16/2012 8:00:53 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 7:48:58 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/16/2012 7:10:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 3:07:29 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:26:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:25:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Now, if you say "they do it out of respect for the Constitution" that doesn't actually follow, because the government doesn't really care about the Constitution. They've passed so many unconstitutional laws and gotten away with it.

If you say that "they care about separation of powers and checks and balances"....no they don't. Each branch is always trying to expand its power if the others get too disruptive. (ie. FDR trying to pack the court after it tried to kill the New Deal)

The Supreme Court's opinion is a suggestion. No branch really has to listen to them if they don't want to. So what on earth is stopping them from doing so?

True....no need for laws or courts. I suggest you do not want that.

Please tell me what in that post prompted you to suppose this ridiculous assertion....

logicrules's comments never reflects what is actually being said.

You have been told by your mommy you're special...so in your special world you may be correct,

I'm not "special", I'm "Gifted" with a high IQ. So go blow it out your A**!

Gifted special, distinction without a difference. You are special, and have a very special education.

Intellectual giftedness is an intellectual ability significantly higher than average.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectually_gifted
Intellectual specialness is a euphemism for mental retardation
http://en.wikipedia.org...

I attended the "Gifted education", also known as "Gifted and Talented Education " or "GATE". I was in a class that taught topics several grade levels in advance. There were students in the class who were gifted, and there were also certified geniuses. When I switched from Public school to Private school, I no longer had the opportunity to attend the gifted class.

"Gifted" is much different than "Special", and you re "Special" if you can't tell the difference.

That's what they always tell the special people.

You are a idiot. If you choose to remain willfully ignorant than you are only hurting yourself.
You are the biggest fool I have ever met. You disgrace yourself every time you post, and you manage to make yourself look like a bigger idiot. You are nothing but a troll, who contributes nothing to society. You rely on lies about your personal life, such as your age and career, because you can't earn anyone respect being your worthless self.
Go crawl back under a bridge, because we don't need you trolling the forums.

Not everyone is told by their parents they are "gifted". Is your gift sooth-saying? You've never met me. I will concur though, the evidence does indicate you are special.
Indophile
Posts: 1,414
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 10:16:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/16/2012 2:11:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do the legislative and executive branches obey the Supreme Court? It has no power to enforce it's rules, so we may as well ignore the thing.

Happens all the time in India :)
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.