Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Gay/Latino Republicans?

Bruin2006
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 4:15:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Let me first say that I have always respected opinions that differ from my own and believe a diverse citizenry is beneficial to society as a whole. However, I have a hard time understanding how homosexuals or Latinos can belong to the Republican party when it has done so much to ostracize them (e.g. Arizona SB1070, Sheriff Joe Arpaio racially profiling, calling for fence between US & Mexico but NOT between US & Canada, saying English should be official language, and Republicans basically opposing any and all gay rights).

Maybe someone can enlighten me.
We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor that we are aware of.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 4:38:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I just posted a response in another topic debunking you're claim that the policies of the Arizona immigration bill and Mexican border are racist.

But I will admit that the Republican platform does have a somewhat anti-gay agenda. However, someone doesn't necessary have to agree with everything in their platform in order to vote for them.

I'm registered as an Independent, but If I get over voter apathy, I'm more likely to vote Republican. Ideologically I'm a libertarian, so I disagree with them on many social issues, but will still likely vote for them nonetheless.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 7:32:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't understand how human beings can belong to any political party after what's been done to them, but it happens anyway :P
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 7:46:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Apracio is a documented White Supremacist . . .

I think, ultimately, those individuals only care about their financial success. My guess is that they are wealthy and will be accepted by society anyways.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 7:59:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/21/2012 4:15:58 AM, Bruin2006 wrote:
Let me first say that I have always respected opinions that differ from my own and believe a diverse citizenry is beneficial to society as a whole. However, I have a hard time understanding how homosexuals or Latinos can belong to the Republican party when it has done so much to ostracize them (e.g. Arizona SB1070, Sheriff Joe Arpaio racially profiling, calling for fence between US & Mexico but NOT between US & Canada, saying English should be official language, and Republicans basically opposing any and all gay rights).

Maybe someone can enlighten me.:

Many people feel, myself included, that the Republican party has been hijacked over time. Dominant traits within the party have not always existed, and some are even the antithesis of what it used to be. Afterall, there is a world of difference between a Barry Goldwater republican and a Rick Santorum republican.

Secondly, just because you may disagree with one or two stances prevalent within a party doesn't mean you choose a party you disagree with nine or ten times.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 8:01:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/21/2012 7:46:34 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Apracio is a documented White Supremacist . . .:

What do you mean by a documented white supremacist? What does that mean?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 8:02:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/21/2012 8:01:07 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 3/21/2012 7:46:34 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Apracio is a documented White Supremacist . . .:

What do you mean by a documented white supremacist? What does that mean?

It means that his Neo-Nazi allegiances are well known to the public.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 8:35:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/21/2012 8:02:49 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 3/21/2012 8:01:07 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 3/21/2012 7:46:34 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Apracio is a documented White Supremacist . . .:

What do you mean by a documented white supremacist? What does that mean?

It means that his Neo-Nazi allegiances are well known to the public.

Control +F=Nazi

Nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 10:48:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Because "Latinos" are AMERICANS. I don't know why everyone insists on dividing themselves along racial lines. Latinos are Americans and therefore anything passed in ARIZONA over ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION should be of no consequence to legal, tax paying AMERICAN citizens.

Latinos in Florida shouldn't give a crap about Mexican immigrants since most of them are from the Caribbean. Not all Latinos are Mexicans. In fact anyone part of the GOP should be an American and act as such.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 11:21:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/21/2012 8:02:49 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 3/21/2012 8:01:07 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 3/21/2012 7:46:34 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Apracio is a documented White Supremacist . . .:

What do you mean by a documented white supremacist? What does that mean?

It means that his Neo-Nazi allegiances are well known to the public.:

The guy is douchey, I'll give you that, but I doubt seriously he has any ties to Neo-Nazi groups. Can you substantiate this claim.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 11:26:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/21/2012 11:21:43 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 3/21/2012 8:02:49 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 3/21/2012 8:01:07 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 3/21/2012 7:46:34 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Apracio is a documented White Supremacist . . .:

What do you mean by a documented white supremacist? What does that mean?

It means that his Neo-Nazi allegiances are well known to the public.:

The guy is douchey, I'll give you that, but I doubt seriously he has any ties to Neo-Nazi groups. Can you substantiate this claim.

royalpaladin wrote the original post so probably not...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 11:29:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/21/2012 8:42:15 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com...

http://www.azfamily.com...:

I don't think saying "hello" to Neo-Nazi's and taking a picture with one constitutes unilateral support of white supremacy. I know for a fact his right-hand man for a long time was a black man whom he personally appointed. This is not to say that he's not bigoted, I believe he is. But I don't think you could reasonably call him a white supremacist.

Secondly, not all skins are alike. Some skinheads are against racial prejudice (SHARP's), some are nationalistic skins, and others are white supremacists.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 12:00:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Latino republican right here *wearily raises hand*
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross