Total Posts:101|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Question

DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 6:58:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why is it the left is so anti-Christian, yet they are also extremely pro-Islam ?
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 7:02:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Actually, most on the left are still Christian, though they have more non-Christians than the right. They generally come off as more pro-Islam because Muslims are a persecuted minority and the US wars are primarily projected towards them.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 7:02:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 6:58:24 PM, DanT wrote:
Why is it the left is so anti-Christian, yet they are also extremely pro-Islam ?

Tell that to the leftists in Islamic-dominated countries.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 7:07:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hmmm, I realize anti-Christian =/= atheism, but here's a stat. There are 2,960 atheists on this site. Only 85 are conservative.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
imabench
Posts: 21,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 7:14:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 6:58:24 PM, DanT wrote:
Why is it the left is so anti-Christian, yet they are also extremely pro-Islam ?

the hell are you talking about "pro-islam"?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 7:14:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 6:58:24 PM, DanT wrote:
Why is it the left is so anti-Christian, yet they are also extremely pro-Islam ?
You need to make some arguments. In what way are they anti-Christianity but pro-Islam? All they do is support equal rights and values for Muslims while opposing Christian fundamentalism (i.e., non-separation of church and state).
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 7:15:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 7:02:18 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 3/23/2012 6:58:24 PM, DanT wrote:
Why is it the left is so anti-Christian, yet they are also extremely pro-Islam ?

Tell that to the leftists in Islamic-dominated countries.

Here, here.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 7:28:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 6:58:24 PM, DanT wrote:
Why is it the left is so anti-Christian, yet they are also extremely pro-Islam ?

And you accuse me of being biased.

The Left IS NOT anti-Christian, this is just a lie that is spread by the popular Christian Right. There is certainly a Christian Left. The rightists view God as punitive, while the leftists view God as compassionate and nurturant. This is how morals and "family values" are important to politics ... Liberals believe in more nurturant morality, while conservatives believe in strict-father morality.

I don't get what you mean by "pro-Islam", but Liberals and Progressives are both strong advocates for civil liberties and civil rights.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 7:49:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 7:28:06 PM, Contra wrote:
At 3/23/2012 6:58:24 PM, DanT wrote:
Why is it the left is so anti-Christian, yet they are also extremely pro-Islam ?

And you accuse me of being biased.

The Left IS NOT anti-Christian, this is just a lie that is spread by the popular Christian Right.

I'm sure there are a Pro-Christian Leftists, but the vast majority are anti-Christian, and anti-Judaism. Again there are Pro-Christian, and Pro-Judaism Leftists but they are in the minority when you take into consideration the entire Left Wing.

There is certainly a Christian Left. The rightists view God as punitive, while the leftists view God as compassionate and nurturant. This is how morals and "family values" are important to politics ... Liberals believe in more nurturant morality, while conservatives believe in strict-father morality.

That's not true. Again, you are being biased.

I don't get what you mean by "pro-Islam", but Liberals and Progressives are both strong advocates for civil liberties and civil rights.

Leftists are often blindly pro-Islam.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 8:09:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 7:14:53 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 3/23/2012 6:58:24 PM, DanT wrote:
Why is it the left is so anti-Christian, yet they are also extremely pro-Islam ?
You need to make some arguments. In what way are they anti-Christianity but pro-Islam?
All they do is support equal rights and values for Muslims

No they go further than that. They nearly always side with Islamic countries, regardless of who those Islamic countries are in conflict with.
In Europe they go so far as to make exceptions in their laws for Islamic immigrants.

while opposing Christian fundamentalism (i.e., non-separation of church and state).

There is a difference between "Separation of Church and State", and not allowing individuals to exercise their religion in public places. Telling kids they can't pray in school violates the 1st amendment.

"Separation of Church and State" means the government cannot mandate the practice of a religion, or prohibit someone from practicing their religion.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 8:11:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Your question is based on presumptive generalizations. The Left is neither anti-Christian, nor Pro-Islam,....and the 2 are not mutually exclusive or contradictory had that been the case.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 8:13:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm sure there are a Pro-Christian Leftists, but the vast majority are anti-Christian, and anti-Judaism. Again there are Pro-Christian, and Pro-Judaism Leftists but they are in the minority when you take into consideration the entire Left Wing.

I would not say "anti-Christian." I am a Leftist Christian, and leftist Christians are usually not united (there is no Christian Coalition for the left). Michael Moore, Unitarians, and many progressive Catholics and others are pro-Christian leftists.

That's not true. Again, you are being biased.

Prove me wrong then.

Leftists are often blindly pro-Islam.

I don't see any evidence.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 8:26:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 8:13:49 PM, Contra wrote:
I'm sure there are a Pro-Christian Leftists, but the vast majority are anti-Christian, and anti-Judaism. Again there are Pro-Christian, and Pro-Judaism Leftists but they are in the minority when you take into consideration the entire Left Wing.

I would not say "anti-Christian." I am a Leftist Christian, and leftist Christians are usually not united (there is no Christian Coalition for the left). Michael Moore, Unitarians, and many progressive Catholics and others are pro-Christian leftists.

Again, I'm not saying all Leftists are Anti-Christian, I'm saying a majority are

That's not true. Again, you are being biased.

Prove me wrong then.

Negative Proof Fallacy
You have the burden of proof, because you made the statement
Leftists are often blindly pro-Islam.

I don't see any evidence.

Besides the fact they blindly agree with the Islamic State every time a Islamic state is in conflict with a non-Islamic state. Kinda the same way they always agree with the socialist state every time it's in conflict with a non-socialist state.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
imabench
Posts: 21,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 8:35:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 8:26:55 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/23/2012 8:13:49 PM, Contra wrote:
I'm sure there are a Pro-Christian Leftists, but the vast majority are anti-Christian, and anti-Judaism. Again there are Pro-Christian, and Pro-Judaism Leftists but they are in the minority when you take into consideration the entire Left Wing.

I would not say "anti-Christian." I am a Leftist Christian, and leftist Christians are usually not united (there is no Christian Coalition for the left). Michael Moore, Unitarians, and many progressive Catholics and others are pro-Christian leftists.

Again, I'm not saying all Leftists are Anti-Christian, I'm saying a majority are

That's not true. Again, you are being biased.

Prove me wrong then.

Negative Proof Fallacy
You have the burden of proof, because you made the statement
Leftists are often blindly pro-Islam.

I don't see any evidence.

Besides the fact they blindly agree with the Islamic State every time a Islamic state is in conflict with a non-Islamic state. Kinda the same way they always agree with the socialist state every time it's in conflict with a non-socialist state.

Name one liberal on here who in the Pakistan-India conflict has sided with Pakistan. Now show evidence that ALL liberals do this
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 8:44:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 7:02:18 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 3/23/2012 6:58:24 PM, DanT wrote:
Why is it the left is so anti-Christian, yet they are also extremely pro-Islam ?

Tell that to the leftists in Islamic-dominated countries.

People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran
Arab Socialist Ba'ath Party
Arab Democratic Party
the list goes on
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 8:45:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 8:35:16 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/23/2012 8:26:55 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/23/2012 8:13:49 PM, Contra wrote:
I'm sure there are a Pro-Christian Leftists, but the vast majority are anti-Christian, and anti-Judaism. Again there are Pro-Christian, and Pro-Judaism Leftists but they are in the minority when you take into consideration the entire Left Wing.

I would not say "anti-Christian." I am a Leftist Christian, and leftist Christians are usually not united (there is no Christian Coalition for the left). Michael Moore, Unitarians, and many progressive Catholics and others are pro-Christian leftists.

Again, I'm not saying all Leftists are Anti-Christian, I'm saying a majority are

That's not true. Again, you are being biased.

Prove me wrong then.

Negative Proof Fallacy
You have the burden of proof, because you made the statement
Leftists are often blindly pro-Islam.

I don't see any evidence.

Besides the fact they blindly agree with the Islamic State every time a Islamic state is in conflict with a non-Islamic state. Kinda the same way they always agree with the socialist state every time it's in conflict with a non-socialist state.

Name one liberal on here who in the Pakistan-India conflict has sided with Pakistan. Now show evidence that ALL liberals do this

Again, I said the majority do, not "all" just the "majority"
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 8:47:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 8:45:25 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/23/2012 8:35:16 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/23/2012 8:26:55 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/23/2012 8:13:49 PM, Contra wrote:
I'm sure there are a Pro-Christian Leftists, but the vast majority are anti-Christian, and anti-Judaism. Again there are Pro-Christian, and Pro-Judaism Leftists but they are in the minority when you take into consideration the entire Left Wing.

I would not say "anti-Christian." I am a Leftist Christian, and leftist Christians are usually not united (there is no Christian Coalition for the left). Michael Moore, Unitarians, and many progressive Catholics and others are pro-Christian leftists.

Again, I'm not saying all Leftists are Anti-Christian, I'm saying a majority are

That's not true. Again, you are being biased.

Prove me wrong then.

Negative Proof Fallacy
You have the burden of proof, because you made the statement
Leftists are often blindly pro-Islam.

I don't see any evidence.

Besides the fact they blindly agree with the Islamic State every time a Islamic state is in conflict with a non-Islamic state. Kinda the same way they always agree with the socialist state every time it's in conflict with a non-socialist state.

Name one liberal on here who in the Pakistan-India conflict has sided with Pakistan. Now show evidence that ALL liberals do this

Again, I said the majority do, not "all" just the "majority"

Also I don't know anyone's view on the Pakistan-India conflict, so I wouldn't be able to give a list of either pro or con.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Mimshot
Posts: 275
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 8:51:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 6:58:24 PM, DanT wrote:
Why is it the left is so anti-Christian, yet they are also extremely pro-Islam ?

DanT, I thought you were better than this.

Don't feed the troll. Nothing to see here. Move along.
Mimshot: I support the 1956 Republican platform
DDMx: So, you're a socialist?
Mimshot: Yes
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 8:56:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Again, I'm not saying all Leftists are Anti-Christian, I'm saying a majority are

I don't think "anti-Christian" is the right use of words. Many may not be Christian, I believe that a majority are probably Christian or neutral.

You have the burden of proof, because you made the statement

Basically, the children are brought up by physical punishment, and to succeed, one must be self-sufficient and disciplined. If one is not, they are punished by the strict-father. The father forms the head of the family. When the children become adults, the adults, whom should be self sufficient and disciplined, will not need government handouts because of their independence. Therefore, government handouts for anybody is immoral. Healthcare should be pursued by one's own discipline. Gay marriage, which disrupts the traditional father head of a family, is immoral. So is abortion, in which a daughter disrupts the father's power. All those who suffer are in their condition because of their own faults - not having a sense of self-reliance. Therefore, government should have only a role in regulating social behavior to strengthen this Strict-father structure.

The state shall not act as a nurturant parent. Protections, promotion of the common good, and opportunity shall not be in the role of government. The strict father should of instilled a sense of self-reliance by physical punishment. This is necessary, and follows the "Law of the Jungle" - self-reliance is needed, and those who gain the core morals of this strict-father system shall be allowed to prosper unfettered by others. Tax cuts and deregulation is moral because those who are rich have became rich by their since of self-reliance and discipline.

Summary: Conservatism and right-wing politics is derived from Strict-father morality, in which family values is a code word for Strict-father morality. The weak and inexperienced shall learn to follow their father's instructions of self-reliance and discipline, and those who learn, shall be rewarded. Those who suffer, the suffering is caused by their own lack of self-reliance. This is why conservatives are against economic regulation but are for social regulation. Interesting isn't it?

Progressives, and left-wingers believe in nurturant morality - with trust, open communication, and compassion fueling the bond between the parents and children. Responsibility carried out with strength is a core progressive value as well. The common good, protection, fulfillment in life, fairness, opportunity, and prosperity are the core tenets of progressive nurturant thought. With open communication, the children shall learn the best, and with responsibility and protections, all people have a chance at success that is fair and more equal. The common good is rated highly, and therefore, sometimes an individual will make a sacrifice (such as the loss of a tax cut) to improve the community. The government will act as a promoter of the common welfare, and therefore will regulate economic behavior by some degree to promote more equality and fairness, and only in extreme cases regulate it so it doesn't function (Communism).
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 9:00:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 8:56:53 PM, Contra wrote:
Again, I'm not saying all Leftists are Anti-Christian, I'm saying a majority are

I don't think "anti-Christian" is the right use of words. Many may not be Christian, I believe that a majority are probably Christian or neutral.

You have the burden of proof, because you made the statement

Basically, the children are brought up by physical punishment, and to succeed, one must be self-sufficient and disciplined. If one is not, they are punished by the strict-father. The father forms the head of the family. When the children become adults, the adults, whom should be self sufficient and disciplined, will not need government handouts because of their independence. Therefore, government handouts for anybody is immoral. Healthcare should be pursued by one's own discipline. Gay marriage, which disrupts the traditional father head of a family, is immoral. So is abortion, in which a daughter disrupts the father's power. All those who suffer are in their condition because of their own faults - not having a sense of self-reliance. Therefore, government should have only a role in regulating social behavior to strengthen this Strict-father structure.

The state shall not act as a nurturant parent. Protections, promotion of the common good, and opportunity shall not be in the role of government. The strict father should of instilled a sense of self-reliance by physical punishment. This is necessary, and follows the "Law of the Jungle" - self-reliance is needed, and those who gain the core morals of this strict-father system shall be allowed to prosper unfettered by others. Tax cuts and deregulation is moral because those who are rich have became rich by their since of self-reliance and discipline.

Summary: Conservatism and right-wing politics is derived from Strict-father morality, in which family values is a code word for Strict-father morality. The weak and inexperienced shall learn to follow their father's instructions of self-reliance and discipline, and those who learn, shall be rewarded. Those who suffer, the suffering is caused by their own lack of self-reliance. This is why conservatives are against economic regulation but are for social regulation. Interesting isn't it?

Progressives, and left-wingers believe in nurturant morality - with trust, open communication, and compassion fueling the bond between the parents and children. Responsibility carried out with strength is a core progressive value as well. The common good, protection, fulfillment in life, fairness, opportunity, and prosperity are the core tenets of progressive nurturant thought. With open communication, the children shall learn the best, and with responsibility and protections, all people have a chance at success that is fair and more equal. The common good is rated highly, and therefore, sometimes an individual will make a sacrifice (such as the loss of a tax cut) to improve the community. The government will act as a promoter of the common welfare, and therefore will regulate economic behavior by some degree to promote more equality and fairness, and only in extreme cases regulate it so it doesn't function (Communism).

Lmfao. You're a stereotype, you know that?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 9:05:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 8:51:53 PM, Mimshot wrote:
At 3/23/2012 6:58:24 PM, DanT wrote:
Why is it the left is so anti-Christian, yet they are also extremely pro-Islam ?

DanT, I thought you were better than this.

Better than what? I just want a answer to the question, because I don't understand the logic behind it.

Is it because Islam better accommodates Left wing politics?
Is it because Islam is not as traditional as Christianity?
Is it because Sharia Law calls for Social Justice?
Is it because of of the socialist countries siding with Islam in the 1960's leading to conversions to Islam by hippies?
Is it because the 1960's mass Islam conversions occurred around the same time as the cold war, leading to a link in the minds f left wingers?

I just want a answer. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Don't feed the troll. Nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm not trolling, I'm asking a legitimate question, that everyone is side stepping.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
airmax1227
Posts: 13,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 9:10:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 9:05:28 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/23/2012 8:51:53 PM, Mimshot wrote:
At 3/23/2012 6:58:24 PM, DanT wrote:
Why is it the left is so anti-Christian, yet they are also extremely pro-Islam ?

DanT, I thought you were better than this.

Better than what? I just want a answer to the question, because I don't understand the logic behind it.

Is it because Islam better accommodates Left wing politics?
Is it because Islam is not as traditional as Christianity?
Is it because Sharia Law calls for Social Justice?
Is it because of of the socialist countries siding with Islam in the 1960's leading to conversions to Islam by hippies?
Is it because the 1960's mass Islam conversions occurred around the same time as the cold war, leading to a link in the minds f left wingers?

I just want a answer. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Don't feed the troll. Nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm not trolling, I'm asking a legitimate question, that everyone is side stepping.

Well, I don't know but here is a possibility..

The left in the US and Islam in general are equally offended by the status quo in the US. Both feel as though they are being marginalized by the US. Of course, I'm just generalizing and could be entirely wrong.

But this would mean they have a mutual agenda.. Change in the US.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, perhaps?
Debate.org Moderator
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 9:10:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why is everyone turning my question into something it's not. I never said all leftists are anti-christian, yet no matter how many times I say that was not my intent people are still asking me to prove all leftists are.

The question wasn't even in regards to Christianity, it was in regards to Islam. Why do Leftists favor Islam over Christianity and Judaism?
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 9:11:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 9:00:55 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/23/2012 8:56:53 PM, Contra wrote:
Again, I'm not saying all Leftists are Anti-Christian, I'm saying a majority are

I don't think "anti-Christian" is the right use of words. Many may not be Christian, I believe that a majority are probably Christian or neutral.

You have the burden of proof, because you made the statement

Basically, the children are brought up by physical punishment, and to succeed, one must be self-sufficient and disciplined. If one is not, they are punished by the strict-father. The father forms the head of the family. When the children become adults, the adults, whom should be self sufficient and disciplined, will not need government handouts because of their independence. Therefore, government handouts for anybody is immoral. Healthcare should be pursued by one's own discipline. Gay marriage, which disrupts the traditional father head of a family, is immoral. So is abortion, in which a daughter disrupts the father's power. All those who suffer are in their condition because of their own faults - not having a sense of self-reliance. Therefore, government should have only a role in regulating social behavior to strengthen this Strict-father structure.

The state shall not act as a nurturant parent. Protections, promotion of the common good, and opportunity shall not be in the role of government. The strict father should of instilled a sense of self-reliance by physical punishment. This is necessary, and follows the "Law of the Jungle" - self-reliance is needed, and those who gain the core morals of this strict-father system shall be allowed to prosper unfettered by others. Tax cuts and deregulation is moral because those who are rich have became rich by their since of self-reliance and discipline.

Summary: Conservatism and right-wing politics is derived from Strict-father morality, in which family values is a code word for Strict-father morality. The weak and inexperienced shall learn to follow their father's instructions of self-reliance and discipline, and those who learn, shall be rewarded. Those who suffer, the suffering is caused by their own lack of self-reliance. This is why conservatives are against economic regulation but are for social regulation. Interesting isn't it?

Progressives, and left-wingers believe in nurturant morality - with trust, open communication, and compassion fueling the bond between the parents and children. Responsibility carried out with strength is a core progressive value as well. The common good, protection, fulfillment in life, fairness, opportunity, and prosperity are the core tenets of progressive nurturant thought. With open communication, the children shall learn the best, and with responsibility and protections, all people have a chance at success that is fair and more equal. The common good is rated highly, and therefore, sometimes an individual will make a sacrifice (such as the loss of a tax cut) to improve the community. The government will act as a promoter of the common welfare, and therefore will regulate economic behavior by some degree to promote more equality and fairness, and only in extreme cases regulate it so it doesn't function (Communism).

Lmfao. You're a stereotype, you know that?

How so
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 9:13:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 9:10:14 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/23/2012 9:05:28 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/23/2012 8:51:53 PM, Mimshot wrote:
At 3/23/2012 6:58:24 PM, DanT wrote:
Why is it the left is so anti-Christian, yet they are also extremely pro-Islam ?

DanT, I thought you were better than this.

Better than what? I just want a answer to the question, because I don't understand the logic behind it.

Is it because Islam better accommodates Left wing politics?
Is it because Islam is not as traditional as Christianity?
Is it because Sharia Law calls for Social Justice?
Is it because of of the socialist countries siding with Islam in the 1960's leading to conversions to Islam by hippies?
Is it because the 1960's mass Islam conversions occurred around the same time as the cold war, leading to a link in the minds f left wingers?

I just want a answer. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Don't feed the troll. Nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm not trolling, I'm asking a legitimate question, that everyone is side stepping.

Well, I don't know but here is a possibility..

The left in the US and Islam in general are equally offended by the status quo in the US. Both feel as though they are being marginalized by the US. Of course, I'm just generalizing and could be entirely wrong.

Thank you.
But this would mean they have a mutual agenda.. Change in the US.

Left wing means reformism, and right wing means traditionalism, so it makes sense.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend, perhaps?
I don't agree with that philosophy. I believe that philosophy caused all of the US's problems abroad. Including the current wars.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 9:15:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Left is not Pro Islam.

This is why I dislike conservative propagandists. They have this idiotic notion that if we do not wish to demolish all non-Jews and non-Christians we are automatically anti-Semitic and pro-Islam.

The better question is why conservatives are pro-religions that preach that adherents have a divine right to murder and dominate others.
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 9:15:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 9:11:32 PM, Contra wrote:
At 3/23/2012 9:00:55 PM, thett3 wrote:

Lmfao. You're a stereotype, you know that?

How so

Pompous, self important, and intellectually arrogant. The perfect liberal stereotype.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 9:19:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 9:15:40 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/23/2012 9:11:32 PM, Contra wrote:
At 3/23/2012 9:00:55 PM, thett3 wrote:

Lmfao. You're a stereotype, you know that?

How so

Pompous, self important, and intellectually arrogant. The perfect liberal stereotype.

I'll give you some leeway since you're barely 15, and I was exactly like you at your age (except on the conservative side); however the fact that you shower the left with praise and completely ignore any merit to conservatism (basically calling it a chauvinist despotism) is either sheer ignorance or intellectual dishonesty on your part.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 9:22:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 9:15:40 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/23/2012 9:11:32 PM, Contra wrote:
At 3/23/2012 9:00:55 PM, thett3 wrote:

Lmfao. You're a stereotype, you know that?

How so

Pompous, self important, and intellectually arrogant. The perfect liberal stereotype.

I think 000ike is more of a good liberal stereotype.

Also: I'm 15, and my political views are flawless *hair flip*
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 9:23:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 8:44:18 PM, DanT wrote:
At 3/23/2012 7:02:18 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 3/23/2012 6:58:24 PM, DanT wrote:
Why is it the left is so anti-Christian, yet they are also extremely pro-Islam ?

Tell that to the leftists in Islamic-dominated countries.

People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran
Arab Socialist Ba'ath Party
Arab Democratic Party
the list goes on

I'm not sure what your point is. If you're trying to say that many arab movements were set up by communist/socialist and leftist student groups, you aren't exactly making a revolutionary claim. Nationalist liberation movements in the pan-arab region combined religious and marxist/communist forces.

You might as well say leftists unconditionally support the PLF because they have marxist roots.

What sets current American politics slightly apart is that unlike the arab world, modern America has been thoroughly sorted into "religion/right" and "secular/left." In the 19th and 20th century, leftists and Christian groups were close allies on many occasions.

The secular left in the arab world is much more concerned with Islam than Christianity. Just like how the secular left in America is much more concerned with Christianity.

The religious left in arab countries are pro-islam, and in religious left in America are pro-Christianity.