Total Posts:86|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Does anyone actually like Rick Santorum?

thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 10:31:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is a serious question, I really don't see how that man has actual support.

Santorum supporters, I am genuinely curious..why on Earth do you support him?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 10:59:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 10:55:06 PM, Contradiction wrote:
I do. I like him mainly because of his social conservatism. :)

+1
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 11:01:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 10:55:06 PM, Contradiction wrote:
I do. I like him mainly because of his social conservatism. :)

Fascists
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 11:02:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 11:01:03 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 3/23/2012 10:55:06 PM, Contradiction wrote:
I do. I like him mainly because of his social conservatism. :)

Fascists

meanie
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 11:33:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Um family values, I like to vote family values and he's family values. I mean he has a family and he has values and I have a family and I have values, so ya family values, I'm a family values voter.
But ya I can't believe how many votes he gets based solely on the fact that he hates gays, thinks porn and birth control should be illegal and is pro-life. Oh and wants to eradicate Muslims, xenophobia really seems to strike a chord within the Republican party.
It doesn't matter how corrupt, pro big government and terrible a person he is or that he thinks America is/should be a democratic theocracy, people seem to vote for him.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
crossfade102495
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 11:43:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Personally, I can't stand him. Just like the rest of the neo-cons, he's all for war, war, and more war. He actually had the balls to say that we should attack China. Maybe it was just a faux pas, but I definitely don't want my President to make such a stupid mistake.

http://articles.businessinsider.com...
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 11:55:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 11:43:41 PM, crossfade102495 wrote:
Personally, I can't stand him. Just like the rest of the neo-cons, he's all for war, war, and more war. He actually had the balls to say that we should attack China. Maybe it was just a faux pas, but I definitely don't want my President to make such a stupid mistake.

http://articles.businessinsider.com...

That was taken so out of context I cant believe it was even posted....
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 12:07:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 11:55:46 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 3/23/2012 11:43:41 PM, crossfade102495 wrote:
Personally, I can't stand him. Just like the rest of the neo-cons, he's all for war, war, and more war. He actually had the balls to say that we should attack China. Maybe it was just a faux pas, but I definitely don't want my President to make such a stupid mistake.

http://articles.businessinsider.com...

That was taken so out of context I cant believe it was even posted....

I'm not a Santorum supporter (or even republican for that matter, I'd like him to win just because it would make it sooooo much easier for Obama), but I agree, that was why out of context. He meant a trade competition for us to do better (He was implying a trade war, but what he really meant was competition, and I'd love for us to start beating out china, but we have to do it with quality, not price).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 12:10:42 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/24/2012 12:07:40 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 3/23/2012 11:55:46 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 3/23/2012 11:43:41 PM, crossfade102495 wrote:
Personally, I can't stand him. Just like the rest of the neo-cons, he's all for war, war, and more war. He actually had the balls to say that we should attack China. Maybe it was just a faux pas, but I definitely don't want my President to make such a stupid mistake.

http://articles.businessinsider.com...

That was taken so out of context I cant believe it was even posted....

I'm not a Santorum supporter (or even republican for that matter, I'd like him to win just because it would make it sooooo much easier for Obama), but I agree, that was why out of context. He meant a trade competition for us to do better (He was implying a trade war, but what he really meant was competition, and I'd love for us to start beating out china, but we have to do it with quality, not price).

When does the competition end and what's the prize? How do you know who wins?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 12:17:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/24/2012 12:10:42 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/24/2012 12:07:40 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 3/23/2012 11:55:46 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 3/23/2012 11:43:41 PM, crossfade102495 wrote:
Personally, I can't stand him. Just like the rest of the neo-cons, he's all for war, war, and more war. He actually had the balls to say that we should attack China. Maybe it was just a faux pas, but I definitely don't want my President to make such a stupid mistake.

http://articles.businessinsider.com...

That was taken so out of context I cant believe it was even posted....

I'm not a Santorum supporter (or even republican for that matter, I'd like him to win just because it would make it sooooo much easier for Obama), but I agree, that was why out of context. He meant a trade competition for us to do better (He was implying a trade war, but what he really meant was competition, and I'd love for us to start beating out china, but we have to do it with quality, not price).

When does the competition end and what's the prize? How do you know who wins?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com...

Obama wins, unless if santorum keeps rising 1% like this.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 12:19:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/24/2012 12:17:29 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/24/2012 12:10:42 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/24/2012 12:07:40 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 3/23/2012 11:55:46 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 3/23/2012 11:43:41 PM, crossfade102495 wrote:
Personally, I can't stand him. Just like the rest of the neo-cons, he's all for war, war, and more war. He actually had the balls to say that we should attack China. Maybe it was just a faux pas, but I definitely don't want my President to make such a stupid mistake.

http://articles.businessinsider.com...

That was taken so out of context I cant believe it was even posted....

I'm not a Santorum supporter (or even republican for that matter, I'd like him to win just because it would make it sooooo much easier for Obama), but I agree, that was why out of context. He meant a trade competition for us to do better (He was implying a trade war, but what he really meant was competition, and I'd love for us to start beating out china, but we have to do it with quality, not price).

When does the competition end and what's the prize? How do you know who wins?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com...

Obama wins, unless if santorum keeps rising 1% like this.

I was referring to the idea of US beating china.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 12:23:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think these two articles make a good case for placing Santorum well within the mainstream. I have a friend working on the Obama campaign. He said Santorum is a far bigger threat to Obama winning than Romney. So yea, good reason for supporting Santorum does exist.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 12:27:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 10:31:57 PM, thett3 wrote:
This is a serious question, I really don't see how that man has actual support.

Santorum supporters, I am genuinely curious..why on Earth do you support him?

I don't his policies are too close to Bush's 2nd term; that's if he keeps his campaign platform if elected
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 12:33:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/24/2012 12:23:00 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I think these two articles make a good case for placing Santorum well within the mainstream. I have a friend working on the Obama campaign. He said Santorum is a far bigger threat to Obama winning than Romney. So yea, good reason for supporting Santorum does exist.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...

Haha I love that one, elect ability.
I'm pretty sure Republicans would vote FDR if they thought he could beat Obama.
Hell I bet they would vote Karl Marx if they thought he had the best shot.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
owen99999
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 7:54:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 11:01:03 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 3/23/2012 10:55:06 PM, Contradiction wrote:
I do. I like him mainly because of his social conservatism. :)

Fascists

Peace.

Santorum definition:1. The frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter
that is sometimes the by-product of anal sex.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 9:17:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I mean, isn't another name for Richard, "Dick?"

Dick Santorum? Are you serious? Is his name a joke?

I mean, come on.

Gary Coleman?

Come on.

History will mock us shamefully.
crossfade102495
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 9:58:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/24/2012 12:07:40 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 3/23/2012 11:55:46 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 3/23/2012 11:43:41 PM, crossfade102495 wrote:
Personally, I can't stand him. Just like the rest of the neo-cons, he's all for war, war, and more war. He actually had the balls to say that we should attack China. Maybe it was just a faux pas, but I definitely don't want my President to make such a stupid mistake.

http://articles.businessinsider.com...

That was taken so out of context I cant believe it was even posted....

I'm not a Santorum supporter (or even republican for that matter, I'd like him to win just because it would make it sooooo much easier for Obama), but I agree, that was why out of context. He meant a trade competition for us to do better (He was implying a trade war, but what he really meant was competition, and I'd love for us to start beating out china, but we have to do it with quality, not price).

Obviously it's out of context; I even said that it was a faux pas. The point is, what if he was our President and said something stupid like this? What if China took offense?
seraine
Posts: 734
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 11:02:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I do not like Obama's policies, and I don't think I would choose Santorum over Obama. If he was the GOP candidate, there would be four more years of Obama.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 4:19:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/24/2012 7:54:15 AM, owen99999 wrote:
At 3/23/2012 11:01:03 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 3/23/2012 10:55:06 PM, Contradiction wrote:
I do. I like him mainly because of his social conservatism. :)

Fascists

Peace.

Santorum definition:1. The frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter
that is sometimes the by-product of anal sex.

Best. First. Post. Ever.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 5:26:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/24/2012 11:02:44 AM, seraine wrote:
I do not like Obama's policies, and I don't think I would choose Santorum over Obama. If he was the GOP candidate, there would be four more years of Obama.

you know whenever we elect a moderate we lose right?

Bush I
McCain
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
sadolite
Posts: 8,836
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 12:22:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Does anyone actually like Rick Santorum?"

That's like saying "does anyone actually like you?"
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 12:24:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/25/2012 12:22:41 AM, sadolite wrote:
"Does anyone actually like Rick Santorum?"

That's like saying "does anyone actually like you?"

How is it in any way like that?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 12:26:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/24/2012 5:26:12 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/24/2012 11:02:44 AM, seraine wrote:
I do not like Obama's policies, and I don't think I would choose Santorum over Obama. If he was the GOP candidate, there would be four more years of Obama.

you know whenever we elect a moderate we lose right?

Bush I
McCain

Exactly, other than two or three social issues which Rick Santorum is authoritarian on, he is a corrupt mainstream moderate who cannot win.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 4:42:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/23/2012 11:33:51 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Um family values, I like to vote family values and he's family values. I mean he has a family and he has values and I have a family and I have values, so ya family values, I'm a family values voter.:

This isn't directed to you necessarily, but WTF are "family values?" What does that even mean? Sitting around watching Full House re-runs while the wife knits the kids Christmas stockings while dad is getting ready for the big Boy Scouts outting?

Or is it code for government telling you how to run your life, how to run your family, and how to destroy the evil wiles of internet porn?

I don't think I've heard a more arbitrary term in politics than "family values." Seriously, what is it?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 4:45:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/24/2012 5:26:12 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/24/2012 11:02:44 AM, seraine wrote:
I do not like Obama's policies, and I don't think I would choose Santorum over Obama. If he was the GOP candidate, there would be four more years of Obama.

you know whenever we elect a moderate we lose right?

Bush I
McCain

I've heard that said, and it's nonsense. I would say that Bush II was a moderate, Nixon was a moderate, even Eisenhower was a moderate. The only non-moderate that I can think of that was elected was Reagan.
BennyW
Posts: 698
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 5:02:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I do like a lot of what he says, but his foreign policy is insane. I do prefer Ron Paul over the other three but Santorum is my #2. We didn't have the diversity of candidates we have had in the past.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
BennyW
Posts: 698
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 5:06:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It is legitimate to criticize his policies but when people use the urbandictionary definition it actually makes them less credible.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike