Jump to topic:

11 Point Plan to Fix USA Health Care

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 6:40:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Here is a politically realistic 10 point plan to fix the USA health care system:

1.) Complete repeal of Obamacare.

2.) Make all health plans, including health savings accounts, fully tax deductible.

3.) Allow people to buy insurance over state lines.

5.) Have a strong medical litigation reform to reduce defensive medicine.

6.) Liberalize license laws to stop the artificial restriction of physicians.

7.) Reform the FDA with market based reforms to make the drug approval proccess quicker and less expensive.

8.) Turn Medicaid into a block grant based program in which states have much more control.

9.) Bring market reforms to Medicare that allows for competition and choice as well as much more cost sharing.

10.) Use federal incentives to get rid of state laws that encourage hospital mergers and consolidation, which lead to monopolies.

11.) Allow small businesses to pool together to buy group health insurance.
President of DDO
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 6:48:41 PM
At 3/26/2012 6:42:42 PM, FREEDO wrote:
1. Kill everyone. No more health problems.

ha ha
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 6:49:01 PM
At 3/26/2012 6:47:04 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
1. Redefine illness as being a green invisible porcupine.
No one is now ill as a consequence. Healthcare is redundant.

The Green Invisible Porcupine Liberation Front will not be pleased.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 6:51:54 PM
I support #1, #6, #7, and maybe #11. HOWEVER, assuming that Obamacare would not be replaced with a Single-Payer system, I oppose #1. The good thing is, under our for-profit system, medical costs will eventually become so expensive that only the government can pay leading to a Single-Payer healthcare system. This gives me hope.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 6:59:03 PM
At 3/26/2012 6:51:54 PM, Contra wrote:
I support #1, #6, #7, and maybe #11. HOWEVER, assuming that Obamacare would not be replaced with a Single-Payer system, I oppose #1. The good thing is, under our for-profit system, medical costs will eventually become so expensive that only the government can pay leading to a Single-Payer healthcare system. This gives me hope.

Exactly, under a for profit system costs will inevitably go up...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 7:09:18 PM
At 3/26/2012 6:59:03 PM, lewis20 wrote:

Sarcasm?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 7:15:03 PM
At 3/26/2012 7:09:18 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 3/26/2012 6:59:03 PM, lewis20 wrote:

Sarcasm?

For the sake of economic knowledge, I really hope so.
President of DDO
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 3:13:56 PM
At 3/27/2012 2:36:36 PM, Wnope wrote:
Zero inheritance tax for anyone that kills themselves before 65.

I'd off myself to keep uncle Sam's grubby paws off my money.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 5:09:48 PM
At 3/27/2012 12:35:42 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
I think this is an excellent plan.

(I quoted this)

"This Act puts individuals, families and small business owners in control of their health care. It reduces premium costs for millions of working families and small businesses by providing hundreds of billions of dollars in tax relief – the largest middle class tax cut for health care in history. It also reduces what families will have to pay for health care by capping out-of-pocket expenses and requiring preventive care to be fully covered without any out-of-pocket expense. For Americans with insurance coverage who like what they have, they can keep it. Nothing in this act or anywhere in the bill forces anyone to change the insurance they have, period.

Americans without insurance coverage will be able to choose the insurance coverage that works best for them in a new open, competitive insurance market – the same insurance market that every member of Congress will be required to use for their insurance. The insurance exchange will pool buying power and give Americans new affordable choices of private insurance plans that have to compete for their business based on cost and quality. Small business owners will not only be able to choose insurance coverage through this exchange, but will receive a new tax credit to help offset the cost of covering their employees.

It keeps insurance companies honest by setting clear rules that rein in the worst insurance industry abuses. And it bans insurance companies from denying insurance coverage because of a person's pre-existing medical conditions while giving consumers new power to appeal insurance company decisions that deny doctor ordered treatments covered by insurance.

The Secretary has the authority to implement many of these new provisions to help families and small business owners have the information they need to make the choices that work best for them."

--- Why do you want to repeal Obamacare?