Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

Pope Calls for One World Government

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2009 12:56:56 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
While everyone was distracted by the death of Michael Jackson, Pope Benedict called for a "world political authority to manage the global economy and for more government regulation of national economies to pull the world out of the current crisis." He also said "there is an urgent need of a TRUE WORLD POLITICAL AUTHORITY."

The Pope called for this in the encyclical writings which are the highest form of papal writings. Remember, the Pope has the power to abolish any law in the United States, so do not doubt his authoritative power.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2009 1:16:05 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/9/2009 1:08:32 AM, Puck wrote:
Read more :P

http://www.debate.org...

Whoops. I actually read that thread a few days ago, but it slipped my mind. At least the video has some interesting commentary to add.

.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2009 1:19:09 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/9/2009 1:16:13 AM, Volkov wrote:
Popes always want one world government. They want all people to become Catholic. This isn't news.

He's also trying to merge church and state, Globally.

.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2009 1:19:57 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/9/2009 1:19:09 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/9/2009 1:16:13 AM, Volkov wrote:
Popes always want one world government. They want all people to become Catholic. This isn't news.

He's also trying to merge church and state, Globally.

That isn't news either. He's the Pope. He wears a big hat and tells people that abortion is wrong. This is what he does.
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2009 1:35:24 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/9/2009 1:19:57 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 7/9/2009 1:19:09 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/9/2009 1:16:13 AM, Volkov wrote:
Popes always want one world government. They want all people to become Catholic. This isn't news.

He's also trying to merge church and state, Globally.

That isn't news either. He's the Pope. He wears a big hat and tells people that abortion is wrong. This is what he does.

Very true; people are just freaking out about it now because we're in a time of 'crisis'.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2009 1:52:43 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/9/2009 1:35:24 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 7/9/2009 1:19:57 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 7/9/2009 1:19:09 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/9/2009 1:16:13 AM, Volkov wrote:
Popes always want one world government. They want all people to become Catholic. This isn't news.

He's also trying to merge church and state, Globally.

That isn't news either. He's the Pope. He wears a big hat and tells people that abortion is wrong. This is what he does.

Very true; people are just freaking out about it now because we're in a time of 'crisis'.

I think you got it backwards. The people are freaking out about the crisis, not the proposed solution, in this case, global government. Like the global elites say, "never let a crisis go to waste." They love crises whether manipulated or accident, because it only gives them power to establish new policy, thus advancing the agenda.

.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2009 1:54:31 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/9/2009 1:52:43 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I think you got it backwards. The people are freaking out about the crisis, not the proposed solution, in this case, global government. Like the global elites say, "never let a crisis go to waste." They love crises whether manipulated or accident, because it only gives them power to establish new policy, thus advancing the agenda.

I don't think anyone should let a crisis go to waste. But that is just my opinion.

Point is, he is the Pope. He always wants global everything - this is what he does. You're beating a dead horse basically. This is similar to me saying "DDO is for Debating."
LB628
Posts: 176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2009 9:14:11 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/9/2009 12:56:56 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Remember, the Pope has the power to abolish any law in the United States, so do not doubt his authoritative power.


Where did you get this from?
prov1s
Posts: 26
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2009 10:35:08 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/9/2009 9:14:11 AM, LB628 wrote:
At 7/9/2009 12:56:56 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Remember, the Pope has the power to abolish any law in the United States, so do not doubt his authoritative power.


Where did you get this from?

A quick search brought references to "Elements of Ecclesiastical Law Vol. 1, 53-54," but that's about it. I'd also like to know where you get this from?
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2009 1:09:39 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
If the Pope had that power he would have used and we'd have different laws.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2009 5:12:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/9/2009 12:56:56 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Remember, the Pope has the power to abolish any law in the United States, so do not doubt his authoritative power.

I'm sorry, what?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2009 5:41:35 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2009 6:06:52 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/9/2009 5:41:35 PM, GeoLaureate8's sig is:
"Just look at us. Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destory health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the major media destroy information and RELIGIONS DESTROY SPIRITUALITY." - Michael Ellner

Very good. Agree 99%.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2009 7:34:33 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
The first case they cited, I looked it up. the case summary has no reference to the IMF.

Those "facts" are thus not facts.

And "Ecclesiastical law" is WHAT THE CHURCH SAYS. Does the church SAYING the pope's word take's precedence over US law make it true? No, only people with the biggest guns saying that can make it true. As Stalin once asked "How many divisions does the Pope have again?"
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2009 7:42:14 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I can't find some of the things they cited for the first "fact," but here's reorganization plan No. 26.

http://law.justia.com...

Can you find reference to the IMF in that?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
LB628
Posts: 176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2009 9:00:42 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
The fascinating thing about all of the "facts" mentioned in the video is that despite the fact that some of them seem to have been made true some time ago, they have yet to be acted on, or indeed have any meaningful impact on life. For instance, I do have Constitutional rights. In another case, if the U.S government does not technically exist, then why does every other government in the world give it legitimacy?
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2009 7:26:26 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
This video makes for an excellent drinking game. Next time you feel like seeing some uptight yet animated black guy try to sound intelligent via some radical liberalism (i.e. he's black but too cool for Obama), watch this... and take a shot every time he references The Pope. Anyway, the Pope can call for anything he wants. It doesn't mean jack. Etc etc.
President of DDO
TombLikeBomb
Posts: 639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2009 5:57:09 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/19/2009 7:26:26 AM, theLwerd wrote:
This video makes for an excellent drinking game. Next time you feel like seeing some uptight yet animated black guy try to sound intelligent via some radical liberalism (i.e. he's black but too cool for Obama), watch this... and take a shot every time he references The Pope. Anyway, the Pope can call for anything he wants. It doesn't mean jack. Etc etc.

Pretty soon it will be PC to use the N-word on blacks who don't support Obama. It's amazing to me you thought your parenthetical would excuse your frivalous mention of race. I don't think it's at all evident that this guy was attempting to go against the racial grain. The alternative implication, that black people have some special duty to support Obama, is abhorrent.
From the time of the progressive era with the rise of public schooling through the post-WWII period, capital invaded the time workers had liberated from waged work and shaped it for purposes of social control. Perhaps the most obvious moment of this colonization was the re-incarceration in schools of the young (who were expelled from the factories by child labor laws) such that what might have been free time was structured to convert their life energies into labor power.