Jump to topic:

Defend George Zimmerman!

Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 5:14:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
George Zimmerman has already been convicted in the eyes of public opinion. But when we look at the actual facts of the case, an entirely different picture emerges.

George Zimmerman is a good man who was looking out for his community, which had been experiencing an increasing number of break-ins. One day, Zimmerman spotted a suspicious character examining houses in his neighborhood. Zimmerman decided to keep an eye on him. Martin then confronts Zimmerman asking "Do you have a F#cking problem." Zimmerman replied "I don't have a problem." To which Martin replied "You do now" as the 6'3" football player Martin knocked Zimmerman to the ground and began pummeling Zimmerman's skull into concrete. Zimmerman cried for help, but when no help arrived, Zimmerman who feared for his life, partly because Martin told Zimmerman "You're going to die tonight," deployed his legally registered handgun and fired it once in self-defense.

http://onestdv.blogspot.com...
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 5:59:40 AM
Why try and defend a child-killer?

We all know that from the audio tapes that Zimmermann chased the boy he shot, and also that Zimmermann is much more powerfully built than that child, actually, he probably didn't even need to use his gun to kill him.

As it happened though, Zimmermann wasn't even arrested, let alone put on trial. Would that be the case if an unarmed, middle-class white boy wandered into a project and was hunted down and shot by some black guy?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 6:13:17 AM
Why did the boy return if he wanted to avoid confrontation? What exactly was the boy protecting? His pride and right to be able to walk where he wants to when he wants to? Wish I had that right too, but I won't punch someone in the nose for that right.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 6:44:54 AM
Please exonerate him, but make sure that this is televised across the entire world so that people understand that racism still thrives in the United States.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 6:49:05 AM
That blog post is blantantly false. Zimmerman has been charged with assault in the past, and Trayvon was not the aggressor. Tapes establish that he attempted to flee, and the police badgered several witnesses into altering their accounts.

I hope that you and the racist blogger whose bilge you cited learn to read someday.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 7:20:35 AM
I'm very much apethetic to this however, I find it interesting that the man had a bloody nose.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 7:57:46 AM
Zimmerman claims he was punched in the nose and that his head was slammed into the concrete by a 14-year old boy.

Where's the blood?

Where are the scratches?

Where are the bruises?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 8:11:53 AM
At 3/29/2012 7:57:46 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Zimmerman claims he was punched in the nose and that his head was slammed into the concrete by a 14-year old boy.

Martin was 17, a football player, and 6'3".

Where's the blood?

Where are the scratches?

Where are the bruises?

They are all listed in the police report.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 8:17:04 AM
At 3/29/2012 5:59:40 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Why try and defend a child-killer?

Martin was 17. He was a minor, yes. A 6'3" 17 year old football player who had been suspended from school on three separate occasions.

We all know that from the audio tapes that Zimmermann chased the boy he shot,

Nothing of the kind

and also that Zimmermann is much more powerfully built than that child, actually, he probably didn't even need to use his gun to kill him.

Zimmerman is 5'9" and out of shape. Travon is 6'3" and a football player and also got the drop on him.

As it happened though, Zimmermann wasn't even arrested, let alone put on trial.

He was brought to the station and interrogated. They concluded that there was not enough evidence to arrest him at this time.

Would that be the case if an unarmed, middle-class white boy wandered into a project and was hunted down and shot by some black guy?

Martin was not hunted down. He was acting suspiciously in a community that had been plagues by a rash of break-ins and so Zimmerman kept an eye on him. Martin initiated the conflict.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 8:37:39 AM
At 3/29/2012 8:11:53 AM, Reasoning wrote:
At 3/29/2012 7:57:46 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Martin was 17, a football player, and 6'3".

Where's the blood?

Where are the scratches?

Where are the bruises?

They are all listed in the police report.:

Watch the video... It's new footage of Zimmerman at the police station. Where's all the blood, the scratches, the bruising if his story is accurate?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 8:54:04 AM
At 3/29/2012 8:37:39 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Watch the video... It's new footage of Zimmerman at the police station. Where's all the blood, the scratches, the bruising if his story is accurate?

Here you go mate. http://dailycaller.com...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 8:56:52 AM
Martin was 17. He was a minor, yes. A 6'3" 17 year old football player who had been suspended from school on three separate occasions.:

And Zimmerman is a felon who resisted arrest by assault and battery. Do either of those automatically mean that one or the other guilty of anything on this particular occassion? If not, then it's irrelevant.

Nothing of the kind:

He was pursuing him, was he not? Even Zimmerman conceded that to the police dispatcher.

Zimmerman is 5'9" and out of shape. Travon is 6'3" and a football player and also got the drop on him.:

We don't know that, and so far, there's been some eye witnesses. Watch this video he stated that Zimmerman was on Martin, not the other way around.

Martin was not hunted down. He was acting suspiciously in a community that had been plagues by a rash of break-ins and so Zimmerman kept an eye on him. Martin initiated the conflict.:

Did you know that the self-appointed watchman called the cops a total of 46 times for the same "suspicious" behavior? Either he's the worlds greatest crime fighter or he's over-zealous, paranoid, and invents scenarios in his head.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 9:03:19 AM
At 3/29/2012 8:54:04 AM, Reasoning wrote:
At 3/29/2012 8:37:39 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Here you go mate. http://dailycaller.com...:

That looks like a shadow to me, because of the shape of his skull. Based on the footage on the video, I don't see a man with a scratch on him. Granted, it's grainy footage and the shot is 20-feet away. I guess we'll just have to wait until the official report comes out.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 9:05:55 AM
At 3/29/2012 8:56:52 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Martin was 17. He was a minor, yes. A 6'3" 17 year old football player who had been suspended from school on three separate occasions.:

And Zimmerman is a felon who resisted arrest by assault and battery.

Zimmerman has never been convicted of a felony.

Nothing of the kind:

He was pursuing him, was he not? Even Zimmerman conceded that to the police dispatcher.

He was following him from a distance. He was not chasing after him.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 9:11:12 AM
At 3/29/2012 5:14:21 AM, Reasoning wrote:
George Zimmerman has already been convicted in the eyes of public opinion. But when we look at the actual facts of the case, an entirely different picture emerges.

George Zimmerman is a good man who was looking out for his community, which had been experiencing an increasing number of break-ins. One day, Zimmerman spotted a suspicious character examining houses in his neighborhood. Zimmerman decided to keep an eye on him. Martin then confronts Zimmerman asking "Do you have a F#cking problem." Zimmerman replied "I don't have a problem." To which Martin replied "You do now" as the 6'3" football player Martin knocked Zimmerman to the ground and began pummeling Zimmerman's skull into concrete. Zimmerman cried for help, but when no help arrived, Zimmerman who feared for his life, partly because Martin told Zimmerman "You're going to die tonight," deployed his legally registered handgun and fired it once in self-defense.

The Holocaust didn't happen -- defend George Zimmerman?

Sigh.

I haven't really made any statements about this, because I was unsure of the details. The more I hear about it, the more gray it becomes.

In any case, if anything, I'd say you were the wrong guy to come out and try to defend Zimmerman. xD
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 9:17:10 AM
At 3/29/2012 9:05:55 AM, Reasoning wrote:
At 3/29/2012 8:56:52 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

And Zimmerman is a felon who resisted arrest by assault and battery.

Zimmerman has never been convicted of a felony.:

You do know the most widely circulated photo of Zimmerman is in fact a mug shot, yes?!?

He was following him from a distance. He was not chasing after him.:

Then how did they get in contact with one another? Either Zimmerman stopped Martin, or Martin noticed Zimmerman following him and confronted him about it. Either way, Zimmerman is the one who set the chain of events in motion.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 9:19:39 AM
I'd say you were the wrong guy to come out and try to defend Zimmerman.:

That's the part I find amusing. It is certainly possible that Zimmerman in fact was defending himself, but there's little doubt that the whole case is certainly suspicious.

I just find it laughable that the one white power guy in the room is the one pointing all the fingers at the black kid when all the facts aren't even available yet.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 9:44:33 AM
At 3/29/2012 9:19:39 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I'd say you were the wrong guy to come out and try to defend Zimmerman.:

That's the part I find amusing. It is certainly possible that Zimmerman in fact was defending himself, but there's little doubt that the whole case is certainly suspicious.

I just find it laughable that the one white power guy in the room is the one pointing all the fingers at the black kid when all the facts aren't even available yet.

Zimmerman is guilty. He was the agressor, and the forensic files is going to land him in jail. The police department is corrupt and they are already being penalized as we speak for a botched investigation. The video is out now and the truth is clear. Zimmerman is guilty. Race is irrelevent.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 9:54:37 AM
At 3/29/2012 9:11:12 AM, Ren wrote:
At 3/29/2012 5:14:21 AM, Reasoning wrote:

The Holocaust didn't happen -- defend George Zimmerman?

Sigh.

I haven't really made any statements about this, because I was unsure of the details. The more I hear about it, the more gray it becomes.

In any case, if anything, I'd say you were the wrong guy to come out and try to defend Zimmerman. xD

This. When racists take up a cause it can drive away the supporters of that cause, or a cause like it. We're on the same boat in that I've reserved judgment until I hear the full story. Not surprising someone like Reasoning would immediately jump to the defense of someone who killed a black man.
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 12:28:05 PM
Its tragic that the kid died. Zimmerman should not have followed him, but he was within his rights to use deadly force against Martin once Martin attacked him. I think Zimmerman was overzealous, but being overzealous doesn't make you a cold blooded murderer. I think that Martin's actions and character paint a picture too, they paint a picture of a confused 17 year old boy that bought into the "masculine" thug culture that the entertainment industry relentlessly peddles to our youth.

I think that given all the evidence I've been presented with, it is highly likely that Zimmerman did in fact lose Martin, and that Martin took it upon himself to administer a little justice of his own. If that's the case then Zimmerman was well within his rights to use deadly force, because three things were going through Zimmerman's mind when Martin attacked him;

1) I'm being attacked by someone I suspected to be a criminal.

2) I do not know if he has a gun, or how far he plans to take this.

3) Nobody is coming to help me.

That establishes a reasonable belief that Martin was going to kill him or cause serious bodily harm. I don't know how many of you have been in a fist fight before, but there are certain escalations that you need to watch for; if they throw elbows and knees, and if they take it to the ground. I know that when someone takes a fight to the ground, that they intend to really hurt me and that if they have a weapon, they might use that weapon.

This case is only going to serve to empower militant white and black power groups, that's the saddest part of this whole thing.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 1:04:48 PM
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Spawktalk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 1:54:36 PM
I just thought I would point out that the "Eyewittness" used early to defend the proposition that Zimmerman was on top of Trayvon is a joke. She heard the incident, but did not see it. Her opinion on visual matters are totally unjustified and contradict eye witnesses that actually saw the incident as can be seen here:
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 2:07:50 PM
Reasoning, you're not very smart are you?...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 2:14:34 PM
At 3/29/2012 2:07:50 PM, 000ike wrote:

Is that your expert opinion?
I'm pretty sure someone wiser than you once said condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.

I'd want to get all the facts from the case before jumping on the down with Zimmerman bandwagon.
I assume the prosecutor in charge is in a better position to make that judgement than any of us.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 2:22:01 PM
At 3/29/2012 2:14:34 PM, lewis20 wrote:

I'm pretty sure someone wiser than you once said condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.

I'd want to get all the facts from the case before jumping on the down with Zimmerman bandwagon.
I assume the prosecutor in charge is in a better position to make that judgement than any of us.

There are 2 reasons why I don't like Reasoning. He likes to be a contrarian, and his evidence is usually weak and scarce, and he has racist sentiments.

I could have mentioned that new evidence proves the police report to be a lie - since they wrote that Zimmerman had lacerations on his head, but the video released yesterday of Zimmerman in the Police Department that night show his head was perfectly fine. I could have mentioned the tenuous reliance on hearsay on the defendants side, I could have mentioned a lot of things,.....but for a creature like the one that made this thread. It isn't worth it,...it's just not worth or deserving of that effort.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 2:35:51 PM
At 3/29/2012 2:22:01 PM, 000ike wrote:

There are 2 reasons why I don't like Reasoning. He likes to be a contrarian, and his evidence is usually weak and scarce, and he has racist sentiments.

racist sentiments? Why be coy, if you think someones a racist just say it.
and then once you call someone a racist the argument is pretty much over right?

I could have mentioned that new evidence proves the police report to be a lie - since they wrote that Zimmerman had lacerations on his head, but the video released yesterday of Zimmerman in the Police Department that night show his head was perfectly fine. I could have mentioned the tenuous reliance on hearsay on the defendants side, I could have mentioned a lot of things,.....but for a creature like the one that made this thread. It isn't worth it,...it's just not worth or deserving of that effort.

You're probably right, you probably know more than the prosecutor and everyone directly involved with the case. Better yet it's probably a giant conspiracy to cover up the racist slaying of an innocent child.
After all, rushing judgement and verdict by popular opinion has never failed us before.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 2:42:16 PM
At 3/29/2012 2:35:51 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 3/29/2012 2:22:01 PM, 000ike wrote:

racist sentiments? Why be coy, if you think someones a racist just say it.
and then once you call someone a racist the argument is pretty much over right?

You're probably right, you probably know more than the prosecutor and everyone directly involved with the case. Better yet it's probably a giant conspiracy to cover up the racist slaying of an innocent child.
After all, rushing judgement and verdict by popular opinion has never failed us before.

What's your problem? It's not even like I'm calling everyone on the prosecutor's side racist, or saying it's impossible for Zimmerman to be innocent. The OP has a long history of racist, antisemitic and supremacist views,...and the most annoying part is that he feels that his contriety gives him some higher level of knowledge over what he likes to believe is "the ignorant masses." I've seen his "evidence" and there is never anything compelling about it.

If you wrote this thread, there would be no problem. The fact is that everyone knows what kind of motivations were behind Reasoning's position, and most people are frankly disgusted by it.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 2:50:36 PM
If you wrote this thread, there would be no problem. The fact is that everyone knows what kind of motivations were behind Reasoning's position, and most people are frankly disgusted by it.

+1
Debate.org Moderator
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 3:03:20 PM
At 3/29/2012 2:42:16 PM, 000ike wrote:

Ahh thought crime eh? If the conflicting point of view comes from someone with racial motivations it is different than someone without racial motivations?

baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 3:16:44 PM
@OP

Had the objective of the thread been to suggest caution and wait for all facts to come up before condemning Zimmerman, I would have concurred.

However the demand is that we should consider his act as completely justified and defend him and assume that the dead boy was the aggressor!

I still think, some caution is essential before forming one's mind. It is possible Zimmerman and the police officers involved may not be racist and there may some redeeming factor.

On other hand, this thread is a reflection on the the thread creator's motivations; and it is disgusting.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.