Jump to topic:

*New World Currency Revealed at G8*

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2009 2:28:05 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
There you have it. The U.S. dollar is almost dead. A One World Currency prototype was introduced at G8. Russian President, Dmitry Medvedev, pulled out of his pocket a coin that is intended to be used for the Global Currency. All of this just 3 days after the Pope called for a one world political authority and a New Financial Order.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
prov1s
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2009 5:50:19 AM
You should read the Bloomberg article yourself, and take a look at the video that accompanies it. They're talking about a replacement for the reserve currency. Chances are that if this ever happens, you'll never be walking around with a couple of those coins in your pocket.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2009 10:24:56 AM
I hope they try it, whether it's a "reserve currency" or any other kind, it's a stupid idea, and when big people try stupid ideas, there is opportunity.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2009 10:29:10 AM
There is no new currency. The greenback will stay as the world's reserve currency for quite awhile - half of the world's reserve money is in greenbacks.

Besides, how this is a NWO-related thing seems to pass me by. Just because it will be a "global currency"? That flies in the face of many regional situations and the fact that the greenback is already technically a global currency. We already have NWO currency!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2009 10:39:02 AM
At 7/11/2009 10:29:10 AM, Volkov wrote:
There is no new currency. The greenback will stay as the world's reserve currency for quite awhile - half of the world's reserve money is in greenbacks.

Besides, how this is a NWO-related thing seems to pass me by. Just because it will be a "global currency"? That flies in the face of many regional situations and the fact that the greenback is already technically a global currency. We already have NWO currency!

The difference is that the greenback's value is locally enforced by the US even when another country is in trouble and needs to draw on their reserves, whereas a global currency would provide little or no no incentive for local enforcement by one country when another country is in trouble (The basic point of a reserve currency, why would, say, the US or any other country want to start exchanging more goods for fewer all of a sudden when it doesn't have to because it's vendors already use the currency? How would consumers put up with the shortage of goods? The strongholds countries using large amounts of "reserve currencies" rely on essentially instinctually know how much they'd lose by doing so) and therefore only avoids being completely stupid if the world becomes dominated by one effective government.

Which isn't going to happen, so it's still bloody stupid.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2009 10:43:00 AM
At 7/11/2009 10:39:02 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I hope it doesn't happen. Canada relies too much on the low US dollar for our exports. A new currency would screw us up to high heaven.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2009 10:45:40 AM
At 7/11/2009 10:43:00 AM, Volkov wrote:

I hope it doesn't happen. Canada relies too much on the low US dollar for our exports. A new currency would screw us up to high heaven.

That's part of why I was hoping they tried it, though I didn't have specifically Canada in mind (was thinking more along the lines of China, and to a lesser extent just about every country). It would hasten along the next crisis, and then all the big countries with their shiny new reserve currencies would go poof!
Lifeisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2009 6:03:29 PM
Shocking. I didn't think this would happen in my generation.

Why me!?! Why now!?!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2009 8:07:12 PM
Guys, Russia made this proposal. That means it is probably not going to happen. Too many countries are already dependent and heavily invested in the dollar and such a prospect would likely therefore hurt their economies.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2009 9:21:26 AM
At 7/11/2009 10:29:10 AM, Volkov wrote:

The difference is that the greenback's value is locally enforced by the US even when another country is in trouble and needs to draw on their reserves, whereas a global currency would provide little or no no incentive for local enforcement by one country when another country is in trouble (The basic point of a reserve currency, why would, say, the US or any other country want to start exchanging more goods for fewer all of a sudden when it doesn't have to because it's vendors already use the currency? How would consumers put up with the shortage of goods? The strongholds countries using large amounts of "reserve currencies" rely on essentially instinctually know how much they'd lose by doing so) and therefore only avoids being completely stupid if the world becomes dominated by one effective government.

Could you go over that again in english?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2009 9:57:52 AM
Unless there is a global government, a "global" reserve currency rather than one minted by a local authority loses pretty much all value at PRECISELY the moment you were "reserving" it for, meaning government go bye bye if it uses it.
MistahKurtz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2009 7:27:58 AM
At 7/11/2009 8:07:12 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Guys, Russia made this proposal. That means it is probably not going to happen. Too many countries are already dependent and heavily invested in the dollar and such a prospect would likely therefore hurt their economies.

China backs it to. Right now it's a left-field idea, but it's going to gain traction. Fact of the matter is that it's a logical conclusion. When the world left the gold standard, most countries were apprehensive about a free-floating currency, so the U.S offered to tie their currency to gold and let everybody else tie their currency, indirectly, to gold. This quelled everybody's concerns, because it offered stability and flexibility. When the transitional period was over, and the U.S wanted to play in the markets more, the Americans cut their ties to gold. The next logical step would be for all countries to cut from the American dollar, which is subjective to very Western problems. The new currency would reactor moreso to international markets and international problems rather than domestic issues.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2009 8:59:41 AM
At 7/20/2009 7:27:58 AM, MistahKurtz wrote:
At 7/11/2009 8:07:12 PM, wjmelements wrote:

China backs it to. Right now it's a left-field idea, but it's going to gain traction. Fact of the matter is that it's a logical conclusion. When the world left the gold standard, most countries were apprehensive about a free-floating currency, so the U.S offered to tie their currency to gold and let everybody else tie their currency, indirectly, to gold. This quelled everybody's concerns, because it offered stability and flexibility. When the transitional period was over, and the U.S wanted to play in the markets more, the Americans cut their ties to gold. The next logical step would be for all countries to cut from the American dollar, which is subjective to very Western problems. The new currency would reactor moreso to international markets and international problems rather than domestic issues.

When currencies "React" to problems, it means they lose value to reach equilibrium with them after they permitted those problems to occur. If one world fiat currency "Reacts" only when the problems get big enough to be international, that means no one exists who can soften the impact.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2009 2:16:38 PM
Wait, that picture is of gold coins. How much gold content is there, to what expected value?

Or was that not the real "test coin?"

If it's sufficient to be a real gold standard...
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2009 3:40:22 PM
At 7/20/2009 12:51:16 PM, pcmbrown wrote:
http://images.google.de...

Looks more like a picture of loonies than gold coins or "one world currency", but the picture is too distorted to tell.

Loonies: http://www.mackenco.com...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2009 3:52:23 PM
The pic is labelled "gold coins.jpg." The blogger is swedish, I admit the similarity but why would he post loonies unless he screwed up? lol.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com...

According to this anyway, the test coin is gold.

I knew I wanted it when it was fiat bullcrap because it would f*** the bad countries up yay, but if it's a gold standard I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing, because it would work :).
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2009 3:54:39 PM
National pride may be at stake but when it comes to doing business a global currency amkes a lot of sense.

When I first set up business as an incoming tour operator many years ago, we received payments from our customers in Japanese Yen and Hong Kong and Taiwanese dollars. However, we paid our staff and suppliers around Europe in Pounds Sterling, Deutschmarks, French Francs and a whole plethora of other European currencies.

Every time we converted money from one currency to another we had to pay bank fees and commissions, which had a serious impact on our profit margins.

However, since the advent of the Euro almost half of these costs have been eliminated.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2009 3:55:50 PM
http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:V3xgWnXV2XkJ:lunaticg.blogspot.com/2009/07/united-future-world-currency.html+united+future+world+currency+gold&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

According to this the gold is a "special rare edition."

There goes those dilemmas I guess. I guess.
MistahKurtz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2009 6:07:42 PM
At 7/20/2009 8:59:41 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
When currencies "React" to problems, it means they lose value to reach equilibrium with them after they permitted those problems to occur. If one world fiat currency "Reacts" only when the problems get big enough to be international, that means no one exists who can soften the impact.

This may hold true of national currencies for the most part, but it definitely need not be true of the reserve currency. The U.S currency was chosen as the standard because it was so steady and much of the talk of changing it now is due to its wavering trustworthiness.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2009 11:44:08 PM
At 7/20/2009 6:07:42 PM, MistahKurtz wrote:
At 7/20/2009 8:59:41 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

This may hold true of national currencies for the most part, but it definitely need not be true of the reserve currency.
Either you're misinterpreting my arguments (That it is precisely BECAUSE it is not a currency of any national government that it is especially vulnerable, especially useless, even counterproductive, as a reserve currency), or you have one I'd like to hear :)

The U.S currency was chosen as the standard because it was so steady and much of the talk of changing it now is due to its wavering trustworthiness.
Changing from wavering trustworthiness-- to something there is no grounds for trust in, no incentive to be trustworthy in.
VainApocalypse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2009 7:33:05 PM
At 7/11/2009 2:28:05 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

There you have it. The U.S. dollar is almost dead. A One World Currency prototype was introduced at G8. Russian President, Dmitry Medvedev, pulled out of his pocket a coin that is intended to be used for the Global Currency. All of this just 3 days after the Pope called for a one world political authority and a New Financial Order.

Newbie here. I have three opinions on this development.

(1) The proposal for a new multi-national currency doesn't make its institutionalization of imminent concern. What we have here is merely a proposal for it along with some supporting rhetoric. Until there is actual legislation being drafted or discussed, we'd be getting ahead of ourselves in approaching this as an immediate issue, as it stands, it's only a hypothetical one.

(2) It's also worth noting that the G8 is concerned with the economics of its standing members, so for nations that aren't even members of the G8, this issue is even farther removed, and is hardly a global concern.

(3) The tone of the video and many of the people responding to the original post was one of fright, dismay, even fear, but I'm not sure that any such response to this development is warranted. Before we start expressing fear over this change, we should first ask ourselves, "Is a world currency even bad?" Where is the fear in this kind of development being based? We've seen multi-national currency before in the Euro, and no great evils have sprung form that, not even little ones. So why are people worried?
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2009 9:00:43 AM
At 7/11/2009 2:28:05 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
A One World Currency prototype was introduced at G8. Russian President, Dmitry Medvedev, pulled out of his pocket a coin that is intended to be used for the Global Currency. All of this just 3 days after the Pope called for a one world political authority and a New Financial Order.

So? Russia doesn't like that the US dollar is the de facto world currency. So they suggest an international one. Anyone who is not clinically paranoid surprised? No. Anyone outside of Russia cares? No.

There you have it. The U.S. dollar is almost dead.

A statement that is obviously false.
So prove me wrong, then.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2009 2:01:56 PM
About the "US dollar is almost dead" thing, in order to demonstrate that you would have to demonstrate that a threat is going to materialize that will disempower all police, military, and other armed agents of the US. Since that is the source of the "life" of the dollar.