Jump to topic:

NDAA amendment

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2012 6:29:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think the NDAA should be amended to require congress to renew the act every 2 years.

What are your thoughts?
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2012 9:16:02 AM
At 4/1/2012 6:29:46 AM, DanT wrote:
I think the NDAA should be amended to require congress to renew the act every 2 years.

What are your thoughts?

I agree.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2012 12:29:37 PM
I thought it was just the military budget budget for fiscal year 2012?
I never understood exactly how the indefinite detention part worked, is it only for this year like the spending, or did they just throw it into a spending bill and the provision goes on indefinitely.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2012 1:01:47 PM
At 4/1/2012 12:29:37 PM, lewis20 wrote:
I thought it was just the military budget budget for fiscal year 2012?
I never understood exactly how the indefinite detention part worked, is it only for this year like the spending, or did they just throw it into a spending bill and the provision goes on indefinitely.

I'm actually referring to the provisions of the act, which grants specific authority to the military more than anything.

The War Powers Resolution, and all other bills dealing with military authority should also have to be renewed every 2 years, or less.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle