Jump to topic:

Romney Wins Wisconsin, Maryland, and DC

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 11:31:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
According to Elephant Watcher the rankings for a chance to win the nomination are now:

Mitt Romney - 99%
Rick Santorum - 1%
Newt Gingrich - 0%
Ron Paul - 0%
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 11:34:07 PM
I still have hope !!
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 11:56:36 PM
At 4/3/2012 11:34:07 PM, 16kadams wrote:
I still have hope !!

you poor soul
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 11:57:36 PM
There's still a nomination going on?

I thought this was decided a year ago...

Guess we gotta go through the process anyway...
Debate.org Moderator
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 12:34:37 AM
Ron Paul is still the clear front runner of the race. It's been declared by Russia Today that Ron Paul won the election.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 12:37:00 AM
April 24th will be when Mitt eliminates all doubt
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 9:57:47 AM
At 4/3/2012 11:31:34 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
According to Elephant Watcher the rankings for a chance to win the nomination are now:

Mitt Romney - 99%
Rick Santorum - 1%
Newt Gingrich - 0%
Ron Paul - 0%

Other statistics by Intrade.com:

-Chance of Obama winning reelection = 61%

-Chance of Marco Rubio being VP for GOP = 25.7%

-Chance of Chris Christie being VP for GOP = 9%

-Chance of Romney being the GOP nominee = 96%

-Chance of Romney being elected President = 37.8%
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 2:03:31 PM
At 4/4/2012 12:34:37 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Ron Paul is still the clear front runner of the race. It's been declared by Russia Today that Ron Paul won the election.
You obviously didn't pay attention to the video.

0:32: "Although the chances of this 76-year-old winning are unlikely at this point, for Ron Paul and his supporters it isn't about winning the election, but changing the political discourse.

1:56: "I would argue that Ron Paul has in the more fundamental sense already won the election. I mean, he's already won the future more importantly than the election because of all these young people."

Headline isn't enough Ma'am.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 2:20:02 PM
At 4/4/2012 2:03:31 PM, Mirza wrote:

0:32: "Although the chances of this 76-year-old winning are unlikely at this point, for Ron Paul and his supporters it isn't about winning the election, but changing the political discourse.

1:56: "I would argue that Ron Paul has in the more fundamental sense already won the election. I mean, he's already won the future more importantly than the election because of all these young people."

Apparently people in Russia dont know that in America young people barely vote and cannot single handedly give the election to somebody.....

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 2:43:54 PM

I didn't even watch the video.

Clearly Ron Paul did not and never will win the official election. But he is the frontrunner, he has the most hype, the most rally support, the most bumper stickers on cars, viewed by most as the heroic candidate, viewed as the most honest and the best reputation with America.

But he didn't get the nomination and won't win the official election, but he will win the election from people's conscience.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 2:50:06 PM
At 4/4/2012 2:43:54 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Clearly Ron Paul did not and never will win the official election. But he is the frontrunner, he has the most hype, the most rally support, the most bumper stickers on cars, viewed by most as the heroic candidate, viewed as the most honest and the best reputation with America.

But he didn't get the nomination and won't win the official election, but he will win the election from people's conscience.

YEAH!

Suck it. I voted for Paul.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 3:47:34 PM
At 4/4/2012 2:20:02 PM, imabench wrote:

Apparently people in Russia dont know that in America young people barely vote and cannot single handedly give the election to somebody.....
The point he made was that these young people have been inspired by Ron Paul, which means that they will be able to give much more support in the future when they become older.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 4:28:38 PM
At 4/4/2012 2:43:54 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

And what exactly is that worth? So Ron Paul has popular support among many people who don't or wont vote... The election in peoples conscience is apparently worthless... If it had any effect on anything, he could actually be elected, or at least win the nomination.

*Cue conspiracy theory about how the establishment prevented enough people from voting for Ron Paul in the primaries...*
Debate.org Moderator