Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 1:19:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/6/2012 1:00:16 PM, DanT wrote:
#!

I don't support this. It's wrong.

However, I'm also almost certain it's media flaming, fear-based propaganda, and a glorification of something that's historically routine in the executive position.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 1:20:52 PM
At 4/6/2012 1:19:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
#!

However, I'm also almost certain it's media flaming, fear-based propaganda, and a glorification of something that's historically routine in the executive position.

+1
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 1:21:11 PM
#!

Yes. There clearly must be SOME reason why it isn't as bad as it is. Obama would NEVER do something that's unforgivable.

Oh wait: NDAA and ACTA prove that it's too late.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 1:22:19 PM
And this is just another nail in the coffin.

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 1:24:34 PM
How does it compare to the freakin GOP in my home state of Michigan:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

Corrupted. My district has a Democrat though.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 1:25:04 PM
At 4/6/2012 1:21:11 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
#!

Yes. There clearly must be SOME reason why it isn't as bad as it is. Obama would NEVER do something that's unforgivable.

How did I know you would show up out of no where and say something to this effect? You're becoming too predictable detectableninja
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 1:27:51 PM
At 4/6/2012 1:25:04 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 4/6/2012 1:21:11 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
#!

How did I know you would show up out of no where and say something to this effect? You're becoming too predictable detectableninja

Then I'll have to be more unpredictable. :)

But, in any event--my reaction was a little brash and ad hom. And I apologize.

However, my point still stands that Obama is doing some horrifying sh1t. Just like Bush did. Only, this is like a wolf in (poor) sheep's clothing.

Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 1:36:26 PM
Yet another reason to hate Obama..
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 1:38:33 PM
At 4/6/2012 1:36:26 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

What, specifically, do you disagree with what Obama has done here regarding prexisting powers the executive branch has had for decades?
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 1:41:44 PM

If you survived Bush, you will certainly survive Obama.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 1:45:07 PM
At 4/6/2012 1:41:44 PM, Contra wrote:

Hopefully. As long as I'm not rationed 1 slice of bread a day and then tossed in prison until I die because I complained about my censored internet, and am thus a suspected terrorist.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 1:56:38 PM

Ehh Bush never gave an order to murder an American teenager overseas.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 2:03:00 PM
At 4/6/2012 1:45:07 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Hopefully. As long as I'm not rationed 1 slice of bread a day and then tossed in prison until I die because I complained about my censored internet, and am thus a suspected terrorist.

Censored internet?

You guys are forgetting about the radical GOP in Michigan - where they have passed an Emergency Manager Law that allows the State gov't to take control of a city and sell all the assets they wish. The GOP here have also literally considered taking away voting rights from African American voters.

Then the Democrats sued the GOP in the House, for running their running of the House, because the GOP - led House is acting unconstitutional and is acting unfairly against Michigan's Democracy and minority party (Democrats).

-----This is the most extreme GOP group in the country. So, although Obama's executive order was not a good idea (in my opinion), you forget that your party has its radicals as well (Obama is a moderate though).

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 2:03:26 PM
At 4/6/2012 1:56:38 PM, lewis20 wrote:

Ehh Bush never gave an order to murder an American teenager overseas.

How accurate and honest. Are you proud of yourself? (sarcasm)
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 2:05:49 PM
At 4/6/2012 1:38:33 PM, drafterman wrote:

What, specifically, do you disagree with what Obama has done here regarding prexisting powers the executive branch has had for decades?

1. This.

2. Obamacare.

3. Obama started with $10.626 trillion in debt, and today he already has increased the deficit to $15.243 trillion in just three years!

4. Raised Taxes.

5. Wants to censor the internet.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 2:13:06 PM
At 4/6/2012 2:05:49 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

1. This.

I don't think you understood the question. What about this vilifies Obama specifically without vilifying dozens of presidents?

2. Obamacare.

How has "Obamacare" negatively affected your life?

3. Obama started with $10.626 trillion in debt, and today he already has increased the deficit to $15.243 trillion in just three years!

Name one president that reduced the deficit.

4. Raised Taxes.

The last six years yielded some of the largest tax returns Americans have seen in a long time. This on top of other economic stimuli/inceptives, such as the Firstime Homebuyer's Credit and the First Time Business Owner Grants, he technically lowered taxes dramatically, in terms of what the majority of this country's citizenry got to keep a hold of.

President Barack Obama as a single, autonomous entity wants to censor the internet?
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 2:13:43 PM

1. This.

agree

2. Obamacare.

I don't like it either

Prevented US from slipping into a depression

4. Raised Taxes.

Lowest taxes in 60 years

Maybe

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 2:20:09 PM
At 4/6/2012 2:03:00 PM, Contra wrote:
At 4/6/2012 1:45:07 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Censored internet?

You guys are forgetting about the radical GOP in Michigan - where they have passed an Emergency Manager Law that allows the State gov't to take control of a city and sell all the assets they wish. The GOP here have also literally considered taking away voting rights from African American voters.

Then the Democrats sued the GOP in the House, for running their running of the House, because the GOP - led House is acting unconstitutional and is acting unfairly against Michigan's Democracy and minority party (Democrats).

-----This is the most extreme GOP group in the country. So, although Obama's executive order was not a good idea (in my opinion), you forget that your party has its radicals as well (Obama is a moderate though).

I'm not a Republican. I'm bitter toward that party too.

In fact, as Ike is all too familiar with, I find the two parties to be, on many levels, almost identical.

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 2:22:46 PM
At 4/6/2012 1:10:16 PM, drafterman wrote:
http://www.snopes.com...

snopes is not known for accuracy; google snopes is wrong, you will find they have been wrong on numerous topics.

Here is the executive order;
http://www.whitehouse.gov...
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 2:23:52 PM
At 4/6/2012 2:07:55 PM, drafterman wrote:
1. This

I said "specifically". What SPECIFICALLY do you disagree about "this?"

Obama's executive order duhh.

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 2:25:15 PM
At 4/6/2012 2:23:52 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
1. This

Hey, fvckwad, what SPECIFICALLY about the order do you have a problem with?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 2:25:55 PM
At 4/6/2012 2:22:46 PM, DanT wrote:

snopes is not known for accuracy; google snopes is wrong, you will find they have been wrong on numerous topics.

And your source is infallible?

Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 2:29:31 PM
At 4/6/2012 2:13:06 PM, Ren wrote:

1. This.

I don't think you understood the question. What about this vilifies Obama specifically without vilifying dozens of presidents?

2. Obamacare.

It runs total contradictory towards my entire belief system.

I hate all of the Presidents.

4. Raised Taxes.

The last six years yielded some of the largest tax returns Americans have seen in a long time. This on top of other economic stimuli/inceptives, such as the Firstime Homebuyer's Credit and the First Time Business Owner Grants, he technically lowered taxes dramatically, in terms of what the majority of this country's citizenry got to keep a hold of.
I hate taxes altogether.

President Barack Obama as a single, autonomous entity wants to censor the internet?

SOPA and PIPA.

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 2:30:38 PM
At 4/6/2012 2:25:55 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 4/6/2012 2:22:46 PM, DanT wrote:

And your source is infallible?

"This questioned has been asked to me more than a few times. You be the judge of the "authoritative source."

"For the past few years www.snopes.com has positioned itself, or others have labeled it as the ‘tell-all, final word' on any comment, claim and e-mail. But for several years people tried to find out who exactly was behind snopes.com.

Only recently did Wikipedia get to the bottom of it -kinda makes you wonder what they were hiding. Well, finally we know. It is run by a husband and wife team – that's right, no big office of investigators and researchers, no team of lawyers. It's just a mom-and-pop operation that began as a hobby. David and Barbara Mikkelson in the San Fernando Valley of California started the website about 13 years ago – and they have no formal background or experience in investigative research. After a few years it gained popularity believing it to be unbiased and neutral, but over the past couple of years people started asking questions who was behind it and did they have a selfish motivation? The reason for the questions – or skepticism's is a result of snopes.com claiming to have the bottom line facts to certain questions or issues, when in fact, they have been proven wrong. Also, there were criticisms the Mikkelsons were not really investigating and getting to the ‘true' bottom of various issues.
When I saw that Snopes had falsely claimed that Obama's Birth Certificate had been properly validated, I realized something was wrong with either their research and/or their credibility. It seems something is seriously wrong with both.
Then a few months ago, when my State Farm agent, Bud Gregg, in Mandeville hoisted a political sign referencing Barack Obama and made a big splash across the Internet, supposedly the Mikkelson's claim to have researched this issue before posting their findings on snopes.com. In their statement they claimed the corporate office of State Farm pressured Gregg into taking down the sign, when in fact nothing of the sort ever took place. I personally contacted David Mikkelson (and he replied back to me) thinking he would want to get to the bottom of this, and I gave him Bud Gregg's contact phone numbers. Bud was going to give him phone numbers to the big exec's at State Farm in Illinois who would have been willing to speak with him about it. He never called Bud. In fact, I learned from Bud Gregg no one from snopes.com ever contacted anyone with State Farm. Yet snopes.com issued a statement as the ‘final factual word' on the issue as if they did all their homework and got to the bottom of things.

Not!

So, I say this now to everyone who goes to www.snopes.com to get what they think to be the bottom line facts: Proceed with caution. Take what it says at face value and nothing more. Use it only to lead you to their references where you can link to and read the sources for yourself. Plus, you can always Google a subject and do the research yourself. It now seems apparent that's all the Mikkelson's do. After all, I can personally vouch from my own experience for their ‘not' fully looking into things."

Check it out and in the future when someone wants to "snopes.com" you, send them a link:"
http://www.metroedit.com...
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 2:32:25 PM
At 4/6/2012 2:25:15 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 4/6/2012 2:23:52 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
1. This

Hey, fvckwad, what SPECIFICALLY about the order do you have a problem with?

It gives president powers that don't belong to him! Are you forgetting how Hitler came to power? And Emergency happens and he gets total control! All it takes is one 'emergency' and all our freedoms get taken away!

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 2:33:07 PM
At 4/6/2012 2:29:31 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

1. This.

2. Obamacare.

4. Raised Taxes.

I hate taxes altogether.

SOPA and PIPA.

SOPA and PIPA are invalid examples.

However, ACTA is a valid one, and much more potent at that than either of the other two.

Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 2:34:50 PM
At 4/6/2012 2:33:07 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 4/6/2012 2:29:31 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

1. This.

2. Obamacare.

4. Raised Taxes.

I hate taxes altogether.

SOPA and PIPA.

SOPA and PIPA are invalid examples.

However, ACTA is a valid one, and much more potent at that than either of the other two.

Thanks for the heads up.