Jump to topic:

To Educate Some Liberals

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2012 11:00:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I thought this video would help you guys out.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2012 11:29:11 PM
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2012 11:30:13 PM
OMG, "money is a symbol for desire."

This is hilarious. I think Marx said something similar for this.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2012 11:35:00 PM
At 4/7/2012 11:30:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
OMG, "money is a symbol for desire."

This is hilarious. I think Marx said something similar for this.

Yea, that was ridiculous stupid, even though I'm far from left-wing.

By that logic, Bill Gates just has more desire then a poor person, since he has more money.

How much you pay for something is partially based on how much you desire it, but it is hardly a symbol for desire.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2012 11:37:52 PM
I was always under the impression that money is a symbol for time spent working............
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2012 11:47:18 PM
At 4/7/2012 11:37:52 PM, Oryus wrote:
I was always under the impression that money is a symbol for time spent working............

again, also wrong since different work has different pay, and the definition of work is a social construct. Is it working If I sell my sperm for profit rather then put it in the trash? Both require the same action, but one receives money for one action but not the other.
Open borders debate:
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2012 11:49:36 PM
Yep, that's completely intellectual. Way over my liberal brain but he sounds like he really knows what he is talking about so I'll just go with it. Thank you!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2012 11:54:01 PM
Jimtimmy + 16kadams campaign slogan
"We will sh*t on liberals all we want but when you disagree with us we take it personal and will b*tch about it like we did nothing wrong"
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2012 11:55:29 PM
At 4/7/2012 11:47:18 PM, darkkermit wrote:

again, also wrong since different work has different pay, and the definition of work is a social construct. Is it working If I sell my sperm for profit rather then put it in the trash? Both require the same action, but one receives money for one action but not the other.

Yes, some people's time spent working is worth more money/hour or year but it's still time spent working nonetheless.

But I was talking about it from the perspective of a consumer only, I suppose. It's still more broad than that.

Money, money, money. It's a symbol for a lot of things. Goods and services.
Stay-at-home moms don't get paid for the work that they do but if one wants someone else to do that work, they are paid. Money could be a symbol for almost anything up to and including living things.

Would you not agree that it is a symbol for what it can be exchanged for?

$100=1 cat from the humane society or
100 lollipops or
10 hours of work from a person who gets paid $10 an hour or
groceries or
a few tanks of gas or
etc. etc.
:
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 12:02:57 AM
At 4/7/2012 11:55:29 PM, Oryus wrote:

Yes, some people's time spent working is worth more money/hour or year but it's still time spent working nonetheless.

So its only part of the equaton but not the full equation. Just like desire is part of what you spend your money on, but not completely.

But I was talking about it from the perspective of a consumer only, I suppose. It's still more broad than that.

Same can be applied for the whole money and desired. However, it doesn't make sense to apply stuff on an individualized based/open system when money is exchanged in a closed system.

It's a liquid medium of exchange, as defined by most economist.

Stay-at-home moms don't get paid for the work that they do but if one wants someone else to do that work, they are paid. Money could be a symbol for almost anything up to and including living things.

A liquid medium of exchange.

100 lollipops or
groceries or
a few tanks of gas or
etc. etc.

Of course prices are not static.
Open borders debate:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 12:06:21 AM
At 4/8/2012 12:02:57 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 4/7/2012 11:55:29 PM, Oryus wrote:

So its only part of the equaton but not the full equation. Just like desire is part of what you spend your money on, but not completely.

Same can be applied for the whole money and desired. However, it doesn't make sense to apply stuff on an individualized based/open system when money is exchanged in a closed system.

It's a liquid medium of exchange, as defined by most economist.

A liquid medium of exchange.

100 lollipops or
groceries or
a few tanks of gas or
etc. etc.

Of course prices are not static.

Right-O. "Liquid medium of exchange" is pretty succinct.
:
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 7:20:38 AM
"and a few rules to make sure the market stays fair".

Like IPR protection, anti-monopolies, freezing prices to make sure people do not take advantage of others, trade unions...

oh wait, we're now not really conservative anymore...
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 10:10:47 AM
This one is my favorite of his.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 10:15:38 AM
At 4/8/2012 10:10:47 AM, Reasoning wrote:

really?
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 10:29:18 AM
"Or in England where it's the other way around" is my favorite line.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 3:46:24 PM
At 4/7/2012 11:54:01 PM, imabench wrote:
Jimtimmy + 16kadams campaign slogan
"We will sh*t on liberals all we want but when you disagree with us we take it personal and will b*tch about it like we did nothing wrong"

Ha
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 4:41:12 PM

He's not a bad person. He's just trolling
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:52:03 PM
At 4/8/2012 4:41:12 PM, 000ike wrote:

He's not a bad person. He's just trolling

I agree Ike. He knows that most Liberals and Progressives are smart.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 6:00:55 PM
Is Klavan serious? I am sure he's just trolling...
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...