Adam Carolla on the Rich Paying their Share

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2012 10:59:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.youtube.com...

A little treat for all those liberals on here.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2012 2:03:52 PM
I don't think anyone actually wants the tax rate on the rich to be increased. The problem is there is a noticeable amount of the wealthy who have loopholes that allow them to dodge taxes completely.
turn down for h'what
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2012 2:05:35 PM
At 4/9/2012 2:03:52 PM, Aaronroy wrote:
I don't think anyone actually wants the tax rate on the rich to be increased. The problem is there is a noticeable amount of the wealthy who have loopholes that allow them to dodge taxes completely.

This is why the rich will never support a flat tax, no loops.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2012 2:32:08 PM

the american public almost unanimously supports higher taxes on the wealthy but mostly because the wealthy have so many loopholes to exploit....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2012 2:35:26 PM
At 4/9/2012 10:59:58 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
http://www.youtube.com...

A little treat for all those liberals on here.

and for the record Adam Carolla is by far one of the biggest greedy and racist a**holes in the world today
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2012 2:48:54 PM
Mitt Romney the 14%-taxer made millions getting rid of jobs. His wealth, a poster child for many uber-wealthy, comes at the expense of the jobs and livelihoods of a lot of formerly middle wage income earners. The doctrine that wealth = job creation is completely false; acquisition of wealth, by and large, comes from exploiting people -- employees and customers -- who have less wealth.

Who pays for the harm caused by this? Certainly not the wealthy, taxed at 14% like Romney. How much does it cost to take care of the people he screwed when collected those hefty bonuses for killing jobs? How much wealth through stock price increases on Wall Street come from cutting corners on human rights, labor and environmental responsibility by exporting production to places that have no real human rights, labor or environmental protections like China? Who should pay for the undermining of laws against slavery, worker's rights and laws against deadly toxins released into not only China's environment, but the world's air and oceans?

Certainly not the wealthy getting themselves wealthy off the corner cutting. 14% tax on the uber-elite like Romney doesn't begin to cover the costs incurred by everyone in his wealth acquisition.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2012 4:34:41 PM
Pervrat, please stop spouting liberal hyperbole and hypocrisy without any facts attached to it. While it's true that Romney did destroy some jobs (natural with capitalism), he created far more many jobs than he destroyed. In fact, his VC company, of which he was the CEO, helped start up some massive companies such as Staples which currently employees 89 000 people. Mitt Romney helped create over one hundred thousand jobs while CEO of Bain Capital.

Also, Mitt's tax of 14% is 100x more than what a regular person pays. The percentage doesn't matter. If you are really judging future presidents by paid taxes (pathetic), then you must take in the amount of money paid, not the % taxed. A 1% tax from Mitt Romney is equal to a 100% tax from a regular worker.

Don't give me this crap about how Mitt isn't paying his taxes.

He is paying much more than you for the same resources.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2012 5:20:20 PM
At 4/9/2012 4:34:41 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Pervrat, please stop spouting liberal hyperbole and hypocrisy without any facts attached to it. While it's true that Romney did destroy some jobs (natural with capitalism), he created far more many jobs than he destroyed. In fact, his VC company, of which he was the CEO, helped start up some massive companies such as Staples which currently employees 89 000 people. Mitt Romney helped create over one hundred thousand jobs while CEO of Bain Capital.

I agree with LK. Although Romney also did get rid of jobs when he was trying to leverage companies to sell them.

Also, Mitt's tax of 14% is 100x more than what a regular person pays. The percentage doesn't matter. If you are really judging future presidents by paid taxes (pathetic), then you must take in the amount of money paid, not the % taxed. A 1% tax from Mitt Romney is equal to a 100% tax from a regular worker.

By the amount of money Romney earns, he could pay the same percentage at least as a middle class worker.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2012 5:20:39 PM
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2012 6:22:50 PM
At 4/9/2012 5:20:20 PM, Contra wrote:
At 4/9/2012 4:34:41 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

I agree with LK. Although Romney also did get rid of jobs when he was trying to leverage companies to sell them.

By the amount of money Romney earns, he could pay the same percentage at least as a middle class worker.

Percentages don't matter. The amount of money paid matters. Romney paid 100x more than the regular worker.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2012 6:26:45 PM
At 4/9/2012 5:20:39 PM, Contra wrote:

Watched the video.

It should be titled "Fat Dumb Fvck Trying to Look Intellectually Superior."

Not to mention the made up statistics.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2012 6:27:28 PM
At 4/9/2012 6:26:03 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I personally find it amusing how easily the poor got duped by rich propaganda into dropping the flat-tax as an issue.

Under a 1% or 5% flat tax, everybody would benefit.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2012 6:31:05 PM
At 4/9/2012 6:26:45 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Watched the video.

It was for humor LK

Says the guy who posted a video on the other side of the aisle of the same standards

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2012 6:34:06 PM
At 4/9/2012 6:31:05 PM, Contra wrote:
At 4/9/2012 6:26:45 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Watched the video.

It was for humor LK

Says the guy who posted a video on the other side of the aisle of the same standards

Adam Corolla is a comedian who was actually trying to make a point.

This guy....well.... he just made up statistics and went on ranting about how much Republicans are idiots.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2012 6:48:45 PM
At 4/9/2012 6:26:03 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I personally find it amusing how easily the poor got duped by rich propaganda into dropping the flat-tax as an issue.

Right? It makes you think that maybe people get what they deserve, majority of Americans are too stupid to put decent people into office, let them live with the consequences.
Reminds of something George Carlin said.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2012 10:52:51 PM

Note we must attack the source of the problem, a tax, note its a progressive tax, so we either need to clean ours up, or a flat tax or some two stage tax.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 5:10:24 AM
Adam Carolla pays 31% tax? Really? He should move to Britain where the wealthiest people: people earning multiple millions every year; pay an average of 10% tax.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk...

To put that in perspective, people on low incomes pay 43% tax. The rich should pay more but they don't because they exploit legal loopholes to avoid paying tax.

My favourite dodge is mega-rich people establishing charities abroad, the beneficiaries of these charities being themselves, then donating large sums of money to those charities which they then write off against tax.

I wonder what these charities are called? Possibly:

Cheating Underhand No Tax Society (C.U.N.T.S.)

Social Conscience Unknown Meaning But Anyway Greed is Good Society (S.C.U.M.B.A.G.G.S.)

Tricky Ways to Avoid Tax Society (T.W.A.T.S.)
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 10:38:21 AM
Brian, who cares?

PERCENTAGES DON"T MATTER.

His 1% is your or a regular worker's 100%.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 12:15:10 PM
At 4/10/2012 10:38:21 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Brian, who cares?

PERCENTAGES DON"T MATTER.

His 1% is your or a regular worker's 100%.

This Carolla character pays more tax in absolute terms than most people, I take that point, and he feels that he shouldn't have to pay a higher percentage of tax than ordinary people for that reason.

I further appreciate that some top earners especially resent progressive tax systems, which is why they often use loopholes in the law to minimise their exposure to tax, and I also understand that many very wealthy people believe that the users of public services should pay according to their use, not ability to pay.

On one hand it may seem unfair that people should be punished for being successful by being forced to subsidise less prosperous members of society but, on the other hand, they must realise that it was this cohesive society where the less fortunate members are assisted by those better off that fostered their success.

In addition, even if it were the case that the tax system is unfair to a small minority of ultra-high net worth individuals, the government of a democratic country must decide what is fair to society as a whole and, accordingly, introduce tax legislation that benefits the widest number of people.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...