Jump to topic:

Rally Behind Newt to the White House!

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 2:43:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Santorum has been defeated now we have Newt left! Ron Paul is irrelevant to the race! I would like ALL conservatives, Anti-Romneys, and Libertarians a like to rally behind Newt Gingrich for president of the United States!
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 2:43:54 PM
I say rally behind the bloody independents who actually promote the damn libertarian values.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 2:44:35 PM
We need a candidates and Newt has proven conservative leadership!

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 2:44:54 PM
This has to be one of the happiest days ever!

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 2:45:24 PM
At 4/10/2012 2:43:12 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
Santorum has been defeated now we have Newt left! Ron Paul is irrelevant to the race! I would like ALL conservatives, Anti-Romneys, and Libertarians a like to rally behind Newt Gingrich for president of the United States!

Anybody who says this deserves to get sent to Nazi Germany and into Auschwitz or Chelmno, their choice.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 2:46:48 PM
At 4/10/2012 2:45:24 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Anybody who says this deserves to get sent to Nazi Germany and into Auschwitz or Chelmno, their choice.

He is irrelevant because he only has 51 delegates where as Gingrich has a chance to win!

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 2:47:14 PM
At 4/10/2012 2:46:42 PM, Koopin wrote:
Newt is dropping soon! He said so himself!

This will encourage him to say in!

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 2:48:03 PM
At 4/10/2012 2:46:48 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

He is irrelevant because he only has 51 delegates where as Gingrich has a chance to win!

No, he really does not.. He already has one foot out the door.
Debate.org Moderator
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 2:48:48 PM
At 4/10/2012 2:48:03 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

No, he really does not.. He already has one foot out the door.

Lies!

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 2:49:29 PM

1. No he doesn't.

2. Ron Paul has completely revolutionized the younger generation and their view of economics and politics. Even though he won't win, he will be the starting point for future politicians.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 2:49:45 PM
At 4/10/2012 2:48:59 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
"Proven conservative leadership"? You mean like his clear love for acting on his family values?

This. ^
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 2:50:32 PM
It's like a merry go round, one politician goes down so you have to explain why the next corrupt, pandering liar is no good.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 2:51:15 PM
Lets make a paypal bet. If newt wins, I'll give you $500. If he loses, you change your avvie for a day to whatever I want.
kfc
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 2:52:50 PM
At 4/10/2012 2:50:32 PM, lewis20 wrote:
It's like a merry go round, one politician goes down so you have to explain why the next corrupt, pandering liar is no good.

It's really the other way around... We need to find one reason to like any of these corrupt pandering liars... and that includes all politicians.
Debate.org Moderator
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 2:55:31 PM
"Proven conservative leadership"? You mean like his clear love for acting on his family values?

Everyone has faults. He would not be the first president to lost wife, Woodrow Wilson had two.

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 2:56:08 PM
At 4/10/2012 2:50:32 PM, lewis20 wrote:

But we have Newt!

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 2:56:16 PM
I still shall support Paul to the end.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 2:57:05 PM
At 4/10/2012 2:49:29 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

1. No he doesn't.

2. Ron Paul has completely revolutionized the younger generation and their view of economics and politics. Even though he won't win, he will be the starting point for future politicians.

Totally agree with your second point LK... What other politician challenges liberals, conservatives, libertarians, and apathetic people to really consider their political views in an intelligent manner? Who else gets young kids to read the great economists and philosophers? If the improvement from 2008 to 2012 is any indication (in almost all primaries Paul's results at least doubled, usually significantly more than that) I wouldn't be so quick to label Ron Paul irrelevant.

Ron Paul is bringing new voters to the GOP who have never voted Republican before and many of them probably wont again. Without the voters that Ron Paul can bring to the table, the GOP both in 2012 and longterm is totally f*cked. Only Ron Paul really gets the independents, crossover Dems, third party voters, formerly apathetic people. Most importantly he totally dominates the youth vote, getting around half of it in many primaries. He could be a huge asset but the GOP is intent on throwing him away.
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 3:00:43 PM
At 4/10/2012 2:57:05 PM, jat93 wrote:

1. No he doesn't.

Totally agree with your second point LK... What other politician challenges liberals, conservatives, libertarians, and apathetic people to really consider their political views in an intelligent manner? Who else gets young kids to read the great economists and philosophers? If the improvement from 2008 to 2012 is any indication (in almost all primaries Paul's results at least doubled, usually significantly more than that) I wouldn't be so quick to label Ron Paul irrelevant.

Ron Paul is bringing new voters to the GOP who have never voted Republican before and many of them probably wont again. Without the voters that Ron Paul can bring to the table, the GOP both in 2012 and longterm is totally f*cked. Only Ron Paul really gets the independents, crossover Dems, third party voters, formerly apathetic people. Most importantly he totally dominates the youth vote, getting around half of it in many primaries. He could be a huge asset but the GOP is intent on throwing him away.

And by then Ron Paul will be dead. Also the younger generation does not mean they will all be elected which is why we need Newt!

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 3:04:14 PM
Who was the guy who wanted to put big mirrors on the moon to reflect sunlight to illuminate our highways at night?
That guy was an idiot.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 3:09:00 PM
At 4/10/2012 2:55:31 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

Everyone has faults. He would not be the first president to lost wife, Woodrow Wilson had two.

LOL

He didn't just lose his wife. He cheated and two out of three of them (I wouldn't be surprised about the third.) I personally wouldn't care, but it is immensely hypocritical for two reasons. First, he wants to force others to have family values while he has none himself. Second, he was condemning Clinton for doing exactly what he was doing.

Now, I wouldn't care that he had committed adultery, but what sickens me is that he abandoned his wife while she was on her deathbed.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 3:12:15 PM
At 4/10/2012 3:00:43 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 4/10/2012 2:57:05 PM, jat93 wrote:

1. No he doesn't.

And by then Ron Paul will be dead. Also the younger generation does not mean they will all be elected which is why we need Newt!

A) Ron Paul is actually in very good shape; he works out and bike rides more than many healthy people half his age. What's more, both his parents died in their mid 90s. Considering he hasn't even hit the average death age yet (which factors in ALL deaths, bare that in mind) and he's healthier than most and has longevity in his family... Yeah, I wouldn't count on him being dead as soon as you think he will be. Unless you mean assassinations.

And BTW, Newt aint no spring chicken either - he's only SIX years younger than Paul, who you said would be dead soon. So what about Newt, who is only 6 years younger, overweight, doesnt exercise like Paul does, and probably doesnt have such longevity in his family?

B) The younger generation is the most inspired and active. And the youth vote basically belongs to Ron Paul no matter what. And I imagine many of these now young Paul supporters, being far more knowledgeable and dedicated than other supporters, will do everything they can to take over the GOP. I fully expect to see them elected soon enough.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 3:14:49 PM
At 4/10/2012 3:09:00 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

LOL

He didn't just lose his wife. He cheated and two out of three of them (I wouldn't be surprised about the third.) I personally wouldn't care, but it is immensely hypocritical for two reasons. First, he wants to force others to have family values while he has none himself. Second, he was condemning Clinton for doing exactly what he was doing.

Now, I wouldn't care that he had committed adultery, but what sickens me is that he abandoned his wife while she was on her deathbed.

I agree, Gingrich is a hypocrite... some like him for his conservative economic values, and experience, but his family values are non-existent.. he is another version of that scumbag John Edwards.
Debate.org Moderator
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 3:18:08 PM
Newt Gingrich is almost as irrelevant as Dr. Paul
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 3:24:53 PM
At 4/10/2012 3:18:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
Newt Gingrich is almost as irrelevant as Dr. Paul

Your face is almost as irrelevant as Newt Gingrich.

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 4:29:10 PM

I'm fairly certain Libertarians will not rally for a clerical neo-conservative fascist.
turn down for h'what
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 4:31:22 PM
At 4/10/2012 3:14:49 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/10/2012 3:09:00 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

LOL

I agree, Gingrich is a hypocrite... some like him for his conservative economic values, and experience, but his family values are non-existent.. he is another version of that scumbag John Edwards.

I'm fairly certain "conservative economic values" don't work. Fiscal conservatism is just....uncanny. I don't see anything "conservative" about it except all the typical war-waging that comes along with social conservatism.

http://bethesignal.org... sums it up pretty well.
turn down for h'what