Jump to topic:

Presidential Net Worth List

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 5:09:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I compiled a list of all the president's net worths and did some interesting number computing with it.

I'd copy and paste it here but for some reason the formatting is being wonky...

...so it's on my blog.

I found it interesting. You should check it out and talk about what you think.

http://conservativepolitico.blogspot.com...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 5:10:44 PM
Sorry, links scare me now on this website.......afraid it gonna be some creepy lady, screaming at me....
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 5:15:16 PM
That's pretty interesting. I think it's taken for granted now that the president will be a wealthy man. Strange (but cool) to think that someone like Lincoln, who had about the same net worth as my parents do, could gain such prominence.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 5:17:49 PM
Are they all adjusted for inflation?

Washington is one fat cat.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 5:20:46 PM
Cool list.

I will say, why do people make a big deal about Romney having a lot of money?

Doesn't that mean he is successful?

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 5:22:34 PM
At 4/11/2012 5:20:46 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Cool list.

The perception is that he's a crooked businessman. I don't really know why they think that, but that's what they dont like about him. Stereotypical rich guy.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 5:25:37 PM
At 4/11/2012 5:22:34 PM, thett3 wrote:
Cool list.

The perception is that he's a crooked businessman. I don't really know why they think that, but that's what they dont like about him. Stereotypical rich guy.

americans dont like rich people, unless they sell them iphones and computers
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 5:28:07 PM
At 4/11/2012 5:25:37 PM, imabench wrote:
Cool list.

Obama is rich.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 5:32:50 PM
The problem isn't with being rich, the problem is being out of touch with the middle class and being unable to understand the hardships that the average American may face.

Don't distort that message. No liberal has ever claimed that wealth is a crime
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 5:34:41 PM
At 4/11/2012 5:32:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
The problem isn't with being rich, the problem is being out of touch with the middle class and being unable to understand the hardships that the average American may face.

By overtaxing them, and constantly demonizing them, you kinda get that impression.

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 5:35:34 PM
At 4/11/2012 5:34:41 PM, OberHerr wrote:

By overtaxing them, and constantly demonizing them, you kinda get that impression.

To me, the worst is the inheritance tax. You can't even die anymore without having Uncle Sams hands in your wallet.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 5:36:38 PM
At 4/11/2012 5:28:07 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 4/11/2012 5:25:37 PM, imabench wrote:
Cool list.

Obama is rich.

he has less than 5 million to his name compared to everyone else on that list hes poor
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 5:38:59 PM
At 4/11/2012 5:35:34 PM, thett3 wrote:

To me, the worst is the inheritance tax. You can't even die anymore without having Uncle Sams hands in your wallet.

"Who can take your money? Spend it all away?

Who, who, who.....the Government can!"

Seriously....

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 5:42:40 PM

Everyone dies so it's brilliant!
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 6:16:14 PM
Cool list.

Also that as a result of his vast wealth he's totally out of touch with the average American. Remember when he so casually made a 10,000 dollar bet to Newt Gingrich during one of the debates? You know how he's currently building a new house with a 3600 square foot basement? It's not that success is bad, it's that people want someone who will represent the middle class and understand them. But Romney's had the silver spoon in his mouth his entire life. He even essentially said during one of the debates that he's never had to cut back on money in any significant way in his entire life.

I'm not one to want to "punish success" but I can understand how this would be disconcerting to the electorate... Not to mention Romney's "I was successful in the private sector therefore I will be a good President/know how to stimulate the American economy better than others" argument is just plain fallacious.
DouggyFresh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 6:27:52 PM
My favorite part of the website has got to be the unemployment rate statistics. The website's author, who is clearly a conservative supporter, tries to make the point that the unemployment rate during Bush's presidency was lower than it was during Obama's presidency.

And a first glance, you'd agree. But a discerning eye would note that during Bush's final 4 years, the rate was accelerating (concave). In fact, during his last year as president, the country saw an increase from 5% to 7.8% in the unemployment rate. As Obama took control, the country saw a further increase from 7.8% to 10.0% in the first ten months. Since then, the unemployment rate has declined to 8.2%.

This means just before he handed over the country to Obama in Jan, 2009, Bush and his party decide it's in their best interest to leave the country in as terrible shape as possible for their liberal successors. A comparison to a speeding car (where 6% is the equivalent to a 60mph speed limit) would see Bush traveling below or around 60 for the duration of both his terms, and in the final 6 months of his 2nd term, he guns it. IN THE LAST MONTH before he resigns the presidency, his speed rises another 5mph. Now Obama takes the wheel. Fact is, under the circumstances, of course the car is going to keep speeding up. Bush left it in an accelerating motion. Since then, Obama has been applying a steady pressure on the brakes, bringing the car back down in a controlled and stable way.

The unemployment data over the last 11 years is not in support of the conservative government.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 6:31:40 PM
At 4/11/2012 6:27:52 PM, DouggyFresh wrote:
My favorite part of the website has got to be the unemployment rate statistics. The website's author, who is clearly a conservative supporter, tries to make the point that the unemployment rate during Bush's presidency was lower than it was during Obama's presidency.

And a first glance, you'd agree. But a discerning eye would note that during Bush's final 4 years, the rate was accelerating (concave). In fact, during his last year as president, the country saw an increase from 5% to 7.8% in the unemployment rate. As Obama took control, the country saw a further increase from 7.8% to 10.0% in the first ten months. Since then, the unemployment rate has declined to 8.2%.

This means just before he handed over the country to Obama in Jan, 2009, Bush and his party decide it's in their best interest to leave the country in as terrible shape as possible for their liberal successors. A comparison to a speeding car (where 6% is the equivalent to a 60mph speed limit) would see Bush traveling below or around 60 for the duration of both his terms, and in the final 6 months of his 2nd term, he guns it. IN THE LAST MONTH before he resigns the presidency, his speed rises another 5mph. Now Obama takes the wheel. Fact is, under the circumstances, of course the car is going to keep speeding up. Bush left it in an accelerating motion. Since then, Obama has been applying a steady pressure on the brakes, bringing the car back down in a controlled and stable way.

The unemployment data over the last 11 years is not in support of the conservative government.

You do realize the guy who posted this thread is the guy who is in the main website....

DouggyFresh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 6:39:28 PM
You do realize the guy who posted this thread is the guy who is in the main website....

Yeah, shortly after I posted. Awkward. Oh well.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 6:58:09 PM
At 4/11/2012 6:27:52 PM, DouggyFresh wrote:

Depends, the more accurate U6 version essentially shows obama worse. Also, the economy stabilized before obamas stimulus.
http://the-dp-is-good-always.blogspot.com...

https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 7:33:57 PM

This.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 7:34:43 PM

"Overtaxing" and demonizing. I could possibly agree with the 2nd one, rhetoric is a strong force. Overtaxing is not what the liberals do.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 7:35:12 PM

Bill Gates Sr. supports the inheritance tax.

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 8:00:56 PM
At 4/11/2012 7:35:12 PM, Contra wrote:

Ok? Lol
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 8:04:41 PM
At 4/11/2012 8:00:56 PM, thett3 wrote:

Ok? Lol

Bill Gates Sr., the father of the richest guy in the world, pointed out why a inheritance tax was the better option (than not having it). He said:

"Bill Gates didn't invent the Internet. [He] just used it -- to make billions. There is no such thing as a self-made man. Every businessman has used the vast American infrastructure, which the taxpayers paid for, to make his money. He did not make his money alone. He used taxpayer infrastructure, [which included] the banking system, Federal Reserve, Highway system, scientific and medical establishments, etc. These taxpayer investments support companies and wealthy investors. There are no self-made men! They owe the taxpayers of this country back a great deal and should be paying it back."

A billionaire telling us that.

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 8:07:05 PM
At 4/11/2012 8:04:41 PM, Contra wrote:
At 4/11/2012 8:00:56 PM, thett3 wrote:

Ok? Lol

Bill Gates Sr., the father of the richest guy in the world, pointed out why a inheritance tax was the better option (than not having it). He said:

"Bill Gates didn't invent the Internet. [He] just used it -- to make billions. There is no such thing as a self-made man. Every businessman has used the vast American infrastructure, which the taxpayers paid for, to make his money. He did not make his money alone. He used taxpayer infrastructure, [which included] the banking system, Federal Reserve, Highway system, scientific and medical establishments, etc. These taxpayer investments support companies and wealthy investors. There are no self-made men! They owe the taxpayers of this country back a great deal and should be paying it back."

A billionaire telling us that.

Hey good point, why don't we just give all of our assets to the government since we used some taxpayer infrastructure to gain them.

Besides didn't they already pay for the usage of that with other taxes? Yes...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 8:09:14 PM
I don't see what's so upsetting about an inheritance tax when we tax incomes directly....The taxing system is part of American law and cannot be fixed to any particular party or ideology. To be upset about an inheritance tax is like punching the air,...or trying to defeat the symptom and not the disease.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 8:11:07 PM
At 4/11/2012 8:09:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
I don't see what's so upsetting about an inheritance tax when we tax incomes directly....The taxing system is part of American law and cannot be fixed to any particular party or ideology. To be upset about an inheritance tax is like punching the air,...or trying to defeat the symptom and not the disease.

I'm not a fan of a income taxes either, but it sickens me that the government won't even allow a man to peacefully pass on his possessions.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 8:11:28 PM

Because when someone dies there stuff should merely be passed onto their spouse, kids etc but the government has to come in and get their hands on a dead person's stuff. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Look when a man dies his stuff should automatically be turned over to his kids right? Why does the government have a right to tax it? It's not commerce or anything.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 8:19:07 PM
At 4/11/2012 8:11:28 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Because when someone dies there stuff should merely be passed onto their spouse, kids etc but the government has to come in and get their hands on a dead person's stuff. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Look when a man dies his stuff should automatically be turned over to his kids right? Why does the government have a right to tax it? It's not commerce or anything.

This, and what Thett said.