Jump to topic:

Now an anarchist, I am

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 8:58:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yes, 'tis true. I am now officially part of that oddball group known as the Anarchists. I haven't decided what type I'd like to subscribe to, or if I'd prefer anarchy without adjectives. However, I think I'll let the anarchists fight over what sect I'll join. *basks*
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 7:52:35 PM
At 4/11/2012 8:58:24 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Yes, 'tis true. I am now officially part of that oddball group known as the Anarchists. I haven't decided what type I'd like to subscribe to, or if I'd prefer anarchy without adjectives. However, I think I'll let the anarchists fight over what sect I'll join. *basks*

Anarcho-Communism=awesome
LibertyCampbell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 8:42:24 PM
At 4/12/2012 7:52:35 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Pure chaos.

You need to have at least one hostile institution to make sure others don't get formed, like slavers or terrorists. Classical Liberalism understands this. We don't want people being oppressed.

Unless of course morality is relative, in which case why not just be totalitarian? They aren't really doing anything wrong by killing civilians.
"[Society] has no vested interest in continuing to exist." -RP
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 8:44:59 PM

*gag*

You do know this is just a theory right because it's never been put into practice... so you subscribe to something that doesn't even exist anywhere lol
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 8:46:53 PM
At 4/12/2012 8:44:59 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

*gag*

You do know this is just a theory right because it's never been put into practice... so you subscribe to something that doesn't even exist anywhere lol

isn't that hypocritical coming from a Christian?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
LibertyCampbell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 8:51:22 PM
At 4/12/2012 8:46:53 PM, 000ike wrote:

*gag*

Don't downplay the debates. You are well aware there are some theists out there who could just wash you away in an argument. Same goes for him though, too.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 9:04:46 PM
At 4/12/2012 8:51:22 PM, LibertyCampbell wrote:

*gag*

Don't downplay the debates. You are well aware there are some theists out there who could just wash you away in an argument. Same goes for him though, too.

lol I wish I could say that to anyone I disagreed with. "You know, there are people that could destroy you in a debate." You do realize that doesn't qualify as an argument don't you?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 10:54:23 PM

*gag*

Ha good point >:D
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 10:56:36 PM
At 4/12/2012 9:04:46 PM, 000ike wrote:

*gag*

lol I wish I could say that to anyone I disagreed with. "You know, there are people that could destroy you in a debate." You do realize that doesn't qualify as an argument don't you?

It qualifies as an argument against your condescending attitude. He isn't saying "Some theists could beat you in a debate so theism is true", he's saying "Some theists could beat you in a debate, so quit acting like they're all idiots."
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 11:00:09 PM
At 4/12/2012 10:56:36 PM, thett3 wrote:

*gag*

It qualifies as an argument against your condescending attitude. He isn't saying "Some theists could beat you in a debate so theism is true", he's saying "Some theists could beat you in a debate, so quit acting like they're all idiots."

I didn't treat them like they're all idiots. I'm surrounded by Christians irl and on here I treat the Christians that argue well with pure deference so shut the hell up and stop asserting things you don't know.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 11:04:14 PM
At 4/12/2012 11:00:09 PM, 000ike wrote:

*gag*

I didn't treat them like they're all idiots. I'm surrounded by Christians irl and on here I treat the Christians that argue well with pure deference so shut the hell up and stop asserting things you don't know.

Relax. You said "isnt that hypocritical coming from a christian?" after CP insulted Anarcho-Communism...implying that his insult equally applies to Christianity. If both Liberty and I misunderstood what you were trying to say, then sorry, but to me it seems an awful lot like you were just trying to be a snobby little b1tch for whatever reason.

Don't tell me to shut up. I feel sorry for you, honestly. If you honestly believe that you treat anyone here with "pure deference" than I shudder to imagine how you treat people in real life..
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 11:11:23 PM
At 4/12/2012 11:04:14 PM, thett3 wrote:

Relax. You said "isnt that hypocritical coming from a christian?" after CP insulted Anarcho-Communism...implying that his insult equally applies to Christianity. If both Liberty and I misunderstood what you were trying to say, then sorry, but to me it seems an awful lot like you were just trying to be a snobby little b1tch for whatever reason.

No. Conservative politico said that anarcho-communism has never even been tested or practiced and we don't if it will work. I responded by pointing out that Christianity has many stories no living person has actually seen yet they believe in them. A weak analogy, but the point was still there. There is nothing condescending and nothing wrong with what I said,...whereas there admittedly usually is.

I won't let you use that charge at me every time I say something that's not to your liking. If you honestly think I'm condescending, then let it be so. I don't care about your opinion.

Don't tell me to shut up. I feel sorry for you, honestly. If you honestly believe that you treat anyone here with "pure deference" than I shudder to imagine how you treat people in real life..

As wise as you think you are, I assure you that you don't know me or how I behave in real life, so please don't worry yourself about it.
LibertyCampbell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 11:11:45 PM

If your statement did not infer that Christians violate reason to believe in God, then you will have to point out to me what exactly you did mean by your question, because I'm not seeing it.
LibertyCampbell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 11:13:35 PM
At 4/12/2012 11:11:23 PM, 000ike wrote:

No. Conservative politico said that anarcho-communism has never even been tested or practiced and we don't if it will work. I responded by pointing out that Christianity has many stories no living person has actually seen yet they believe in them. A weak analogy, but the point was still there. There is nothing condescending and nothing wrong with what I said,...whereas there admittedly usually is.

Ah. A very weak analogy indeed.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 11:17:02 PM
At 4/12/2012 11:11:23 PM, 000ike wrote:

Fair enough. You really should be careful about insulting a belief held dear by billions of people though. Not everyone is as tolerant as those on DDO.

I won't let you use that charge at me every time I say something that's not to your liking. If you honestly think I'm condescending, then let it be so. I don't care about your opinion.

Give me some examples of when I've charged you of being condescending when you weren't. Your Christian comment was pretty condescending, though I will grant you that it was a legitimate point, just put across in a wrong way.

As wise as you think you are, I assure you that you don't know me or how I behave in real life, so please don't worry yourself about it.

I don't think I'm wise. I acknowledge my mistakes and that I'm just a kid and that I'm an idiot at times--ask DNinja if I think I'm "wise", and he'll tell you its quite the opposite. One thing I've always taken pride in is that I can face reality, which makes me know that I am not wise, and I take great exception to that accusation.

What's wrong ike? Bad day?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett