Jump to topic:

Who Should I Vote For

stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 4:09:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I just wanted to start a new topic and hopefully get a lot of opinions. I want replies that tell me who to vote for and why.

Thank you for any responses
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 4:10:14 PM
im assuming you are talking about the presidential election?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 4:10:35 PM
Ron Paul if your primary hasn't happened yet.

If it's already gone by, don't vote in the general election.

And so it is written! And so it shall be done!
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 4:12:29 PM
At 4/12/2012 4:10:14 PM, imabench wrote:

For the DDO presidential election he should vote for Darkkermit & imabench.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 4:13:43 PM
At 4/12/2012 4:12:29 PM, darkkermit wrote:

For the DDO presidential election he should vote for Thaddeus.

Fix'd.

I still love you though, DK.

stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 4:14:09 PM
At 4/12/2012 4:12:29 PM, darkkermit wrote:

For the DDO presidential election he should vote for Darkkermit & imabench.

Haha couldn't care less about the DDO election
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 4:22:25 PM
At 4/12/2012 4:10:35 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Ron Paul if your primary hasn't happened yet.

If it's already gone by, don't vote in the general election.

And so it is written! And so it shall be done!:

No, no, no... you go to the general election and write in Ron Paul's name. History will look back, when the status quo has completely destroyed this country, and they'll see how many people didn't want Washington insiders as their president.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 4:44:54 PM
Vote for anyone you want, it wont make one lick of difference. As if govt would spend one penny less than it did last year. As if one man is going to make a difference. All you will see is an ever growing debt to the children as far as the eye can see into the future. Govt is a monster that must be fed. To many people rely on it for their daily bread. 1 in 2 people is subsidised by govt in one form or another. Who to vote for LOL, put pictures on the wall and throw a dart blind folded.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 4:48:57 PM
As others have previously said, vote Ron Paul to show that you don't want a corrupt government running our lives.

If you actually want to influence the election, vote Mitt.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:14:40 PM
Vote Mitt. Santorum dropped out and Gingrich and Ron Paul have no chance.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:14:57 PM
If you want another George W. Bush with no foreign policy experience, vote Romney.

If you want a severe conservative, vote Romney.

If you want a hardcore liar, vote Romney.

If you want a person who has corporate experience, but that doesn't really matter for a President, vote Romney.

If you want big government, vote Romney.

If you want higher deficits, vote Romney.

If you want a hypocrite, vote Romney.

If you want a moderate who has actually had multiple successes, vote Obama.

Clear choice dude.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:19:42 PM
At 4/12/2012 5:14:57 PM, Contra wrote:
If you want another George W. Bush with no foreign policy experience, vote Romney.
He's not

He's the least conservative of all the candidates.
Obama

"At a time when our discourse has become so sharply polarized–at a time when we are far too eager to lay the blame for all that ails the world at the feet of those who happen to think differently than we do–it's important for us to pause for a moment and make sure that we are talking with each other in a way that heals, not a way that wounds."

Previous to that, Obama pleaded for "civility" in a press conference in November of 2010 saying,

I do believe there is hope for civility. I do believe there's hope for progress. And that's because I believe in the resiliency of a nation that's bounced back from much worse than what we're going through right now — a nation that's overcome war and depression, that has been made more perfect in our struggle for individual rights and individual freedoms.

While Obama pretends that he's interested in "respectful" political discourse we've seen a parade of Democrats indulging every manner of disrespectful political speech against Tea Partiers and Republicans. But look:

•Vice President Biden saying that Republicans and Tea Partiers are "barbarians."
•Teamsters President Hoffa Says Republicans are "sons a bitches" that should be "taken out."
•Democrat Andre Carson Says Tea Partiers and Republicans want to start "lynching African Americans."
•Democrat Maxine Waters says Tea Partiers can "go straight to hell."
•Vice President Biden calls conservatives "terrorists."

If you want a person who has corporate experience, but that doesn't really matter for a President, vote Romney.

Obama

"At a time when our discourse has become so sharply polarized–at a time when we are far too eager to lay the blame for all that ails the world at the feet of those who happen to think differently than we do–it's important for us to pause for a moment and make sure that we are talking with each other in a way that heals, not a way that wounds."

Previous to that, Obama pleaded for "civility" in a press conference in November of 2010 saying,

I do believe there is hope for civility. I do believe there's hope for progress. And that's because I believe in the resiliency of a nation that's bounced back from much worse than what we're going through right now — a nation that's overcome war and depression, that has been made more perfect in our struggle for individual rights and individual freedoms.

While Obama pretends that he's interested in "respectful" political discourse we've seen a parade of Democrats indulging every manner of disrespectful political speech against Tea Partiers and Republicans. But look:

•Vice President Biden saying that Republicans and Tea Partiers are "barbarians."
•Teamsters President Hoffa Says Republicans are "sons a bitches" that should be "taken out."
•Democrat Andre Carson Says Tea Partiers and Republicans want to start "lynching African Americans."

What successes? Besides, Romney is a moderate.

Clear choice dude.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:26:27 PM
At 4/12/2012 5:19:42 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
If you want another George W. Bush with no foreign policy experience, vote Romney

He's not

No foreign policy experience.

He's the least conservative of all the candidates.
Romney

*Fixed

I know VP Biden tells the truth >:D

Bad comment. I shun him for this, regardless of his affiliation.

Useless rhetoric. Not true

Useless rhetoric. The tea party is basically a corporate version of protesting.

I have seen a tea party rally before. A better word for them is "Jesus freaks".

Romney

*Fixed

Already commented above.

What successes?

-Double clean energy production
-Prevented a depression
-2% OF lithium car batteries made in US before Obama, now 40%
-Doubled exports by 2015
-Free trade agreements
-Ended torture
-Equal pay laws
-Foreign policy successes

I'm not going to list Obamacare as a success, because frankly I don't like it.

Besides, Romney is a moderate.

You gotta be kidding me.

Clear choice dude.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:27:24 PM
Me
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:29:16 PM

Clear choice dude.

If you want yet another person who wants t stomp on self determination and individual liberty, vote for either Romney OR Obama.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:30:04 PM

Obama had no foreign policy experience when he came into office and yet you liberals believe he managed things quite nicely.

I lol'd.

I lol'd.

Of course it does. Having corporate experience helps a President mend his polices to that of the private sector, which is far more important than the public sector.

*Cough*Obama*Cough*

Under Obama's term, there have been $6.5 billion of debt increase. All the other Presidents combined have $6 billion.

I lol'd.

I lol'd and choked on my soda.

Clear choice dude.

I know.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:32:12 PM

He's moderate.

Clear choice dude.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:35:32 PM
At 4/12/2012 5:32:12 PM, 16kadams wrote:

He's moderate.

PRO-life
PRO-border fence
PRO-wars overseas
PRO-tax cuts
PRO-deregulation
PRO-welfare cuts
PRO-big business
PRO-Wall Street greed
PRO-individual mandate
PRO-gun rights
PRO-free trade
PRO-denying gay marriage
CON-denying campaign finance reform
CON-immigration

He is a massive conservative, your typical GOP candidate.

Clear choice dude.

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:37:54 PM
At 4/12/2012 5:30:04 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Obama had no foreign policy experience when he came into office and yet you liberals believe he managed things quite nicely.

Yes

I lol'd.

I lol'd.

Of course it does. Having corporate experience helps a President mend his polices to that of the private sector, which is far more important than the public sector.

Bush 41. Bush 43. I found out today that Bush II was born in Connecticut. I was surprised.

*Cough*Obama*Cough*

Let's mandate government social morality. Big government is that too my friend.

Under Obama's term, there have been $6.5 billion of debt increase. All the other Presidents combined have $6 billion.

Debt went from $10 trillion to $15.5 trillion.

I lol'd.

I lol'd and choked on my soda.

Clear choice dude.

I know.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:39:02 PM
At 4/12/2012 5:35:32 PM, Contra wrote:

PRO-individual mandate
This is conservative? Also, he's not Pro it. He has vehemently opposed it throughout this entire campaign.

CON-immigration

He is Con illegal immigration. No rational person is Con immigration.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:41:30 PM
At 4/12/2012 5:39:02 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

PRO-individual mandate
This is conservative? Also, he's not Pro it. He has vehemently opposed it throughout this entire campaign.

Campaign and 2 years ago are two different realms to Romney then.

CON-immigration

Free Soil Party.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:42:25 PM

PRO-individual mandate

CON-immigration

No, your fellow conservatives made a commercial of a stereotypical asian woman pronouncing words incorrectly and saying "we come hea...we take you jobs" with a smile. And it ended with a message that we must slow down legal immigration before they steal more jobs from Americans.

Its stuff like this that makes me angry when people like Detectableninja say that Democrats and Republicans are on the same level
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:43:48 PM
At 4/12/2012 5:41:30 PM, Contra wrote:

PRO-individual mandate

Campaign and 2 years ago are two different realms to Romney then.

Your point being? He is running on campaign positions, which he seeks to implement when in office.

CON-immigration

Free Soil Party.

1."The Free Soil Party was a short-lived political party in the United States active in the 1848 and 1852 presidential elections, and in some state elections."

Didn't know Mitt was that old.

2. It did not oppose immigration.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:43:55 PM
At 4/12/2012 5:42:25 PM, 000ike wrote:

PRO-individual mandate

CON-immigration

No, your fellow conservatives made a commercial of a stereotypical asian woman pronouncing words incorrectly and saying "we come hea...we take you jobs" with a smile. And it ended with a message that we must slow down legal immigration before they steal more jobs from Americans.

Its stuff like this that makes me angry when people like Detectableninja say that Democrats and Republicans are on the same level

But you are.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:44:38 PM
At 4/12/2012 5:43:55 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

PRO-individual mandate

CON-immigration

But you are.

Or rather, they are.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:45:43 PM

PRO-individual mandate

CON-immigration

And, you lump us all in the same boat.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:47:58 PM

PRO-individual mandate

CON-immigration

Lol. I just watched it and it is not anti-immigration. What it is trying to portray is that "Debbiespenditnow" is spending too much money in some arbitrary state and this is therefore weakening the economy and the state and making it possible for foreign competition to come in (not that this is a bad thing).

Also, the women NEVER said ANYTHING about taking jobs or jobs in general.