Jump to topic:

Sexuality

CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 4:42:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Psychologically speaking: If one were to abstain from sex until ones finds true love, then the penis would essentially bore out a perfect shape of itself into the virgin, thus providing the couple with ultimate satisfaction in sex. The couple would have no other experience to gauge the pleasure upon, therefore the hypothesis of achieving ultimate pleasure seems to be a possibility. Maybe this is why major religions have enforced this throughout history. Perhaps the founders of these doctrines knew a thing or two?
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 4:47:03 PM
At 4/15/2012 4:42:27 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
Psychologically speaking: If one were to abstain from sex until ones finds true love, then the penis would essentially bore out a perfect shape of itself into the virgin, thus providing the couple with ultimate satisfaction in sex. The couple would have no other experience to gauge the pleasure upon, therefore the hypothesis of achieving ultimate pleasure seems to be a possibility. Maybe this is why major religions have enforced this throughout history. Perhaps the founders of these doctrines knew a thing or two?

1. Why is this in the Politics forum?

2. Evidence?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 4:47:34 PM
Psychologically speaking: If one were to abstain from sex until ones finds true love, then the penis would essentially bore out a perfect shape of itself into the virgin, thus providing the couple with ultimate satisfaction in sex. The couple would have no other experience to gauge the pleasure upon, therefore the hypothesis of achieving ultimate pleasure seems to be a possibility.
Ok, so it's really not the ultimate pleasure. You're just calling it that because you have nothing to relate it to.
Maybe this is why major religions have enforced this throughout history. Perhaps the founders of these doctrines knew a thing or two?
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 4:55:19 PM
At 4/15/2012 4:47:03 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

1. Why is this in the Politics forum?

2. Evidence?

This is in the politics forum because it relates to religion and sexuality which are both political topics. And I don't have evidence, i was setting forth an idea to be pondered.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 4:55:38 PM
Remove yourself from attack-mode and give it consideration.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 4:56:10 PM
At 4/15/2012 4:55:38 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
Remove yourself from attack-mode and give it consideration.

Ok, so you just made it up?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 4:57:17 PM
First, you are presuming that the first time will be pleasurable. That's often not the case.

Second, it's not the ultimate pleasure just because they don't have a reference point.

Third, this can apply to any "first time". Why is it restricted to marriage?
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 4:57:27 PM
Yes, where do you think ideas or philosophies comes from? Some all mighty power that smites words onto pages with magic?
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 4:58:16 PM
At 4/15/2012 4:57:27 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
Yes, where do you think ideas or philosophies comes from? Some all mighty power that smites words onto pages with magic?

Usually there is some thought process and evidence.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 4:59:14 PM
I believe that the first time is often not pleasurable because first timers are often not in love, which is the foundation of my case - true lovers have great sex.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:01:08 PM
My thought process is that many sexual people are unhappy with their sex lives, thus continually seek out new partners or techniques. I am attempting to answer why this is the case. My evidence comes from most any religious text in history, which are moral guidelines that i agree and disagree with.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:01:29 PM
At 4/15/2012 4:59:14 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
I believe that the first time is often not pleasurable because first timers are often not in love, which is the foundation of my case - true lovers have great sex.

Ok, so now you have to prove that people who get married only get married to their true loves (a very recent phenomenon, so the "great" religious leaders of the past could not have accounted for this). You also have to provide evience that true lovers have great sex an that it happens on the first time. You have no proof.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:05:08 PM
Things I have learned from this thread:

1. Sex is a current political topic.
2. Royal does not like the idea of abstinence.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:05:55 PM
At 4/15/2012 5:05:08 PM, Mestari wrote:
Things I have learned from this thread:

1. Sex is a current political topic.
2. Royal does not like the idea of abstinence.

;)
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:07:45 PM
So this is going to be a "you have no proof it's true" versus "you have no proof it's not true." I should have expected this from a site called 'Debate.org'.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:09:10 PM
At 4/15/2012 5:01:08 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
My thought process is that many sexual people are unhappy with their sex lives, thus continually seek out new partners or techniques. I am attempting to answer why this is the case. My evidence comes from most any religious text in history, which are moral guidelines that i agree and disagree with.

The explanations for abstinence before marriage are far more easily proven as sociological and not what you are attempting to assert... Also the idea of having one partner in your case is also unfounded, as some of the religions also believed in polygamy.
Debate.org Moderator
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:09:38 PM
At 4/15/2012 5:07:45 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
So this is going to be a "you have no proof it's true" versus "you have no proof it's not true." I should have expected this from a site called 'Debate.org'.

See, there is a thing called "burden of proof". You can't just make unwarranted assertions and ask us to believe you. If you make a positive claim, you have to provide proof. Do you believe in the Loch Ness Monster? Do you believe in the Yeti? No, because there is no solid evidence. If someone were to provide evidence, however, you would.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:10:30 PM
The era in which his texts were written did not have love marriages. Those are a recent phenomenon. In some places, marriage is still not done for love.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:12:33 PM
You are all attacking me but i have PRETEXTED my case in hypothetical terms!!! Read the whole thing before commenting. As i say again, it's something to be thought about not taken as concrete fact. You guys are like lab rats going for cocaine! And the reason it is in politics is that sex relates to homosexuality and marriage. Anything can be political.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:13:48 PM
I think what you said about people filling sexual voids by moving on to "new and better" things is interesting. Don't you think that this is a current theme that spreads over the masses throughout multiple areas of life - sex, relationships, materials, etc? I think it's a product of the capitalist agenda, to be honest.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:13:59 PM
I mean, it's just an idea. I'm slowly getting some thoughts through the criticism.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:14:35 PM
At 4/15/2012 5:12:33 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
You are all attacking me but i have PRETEXTED my case in hypothetical terms!!! Read the whole thing before commenting. As i say again, it's something to be thought about not taken as concrete fact. You guys are like lab rats going for cocaine! And the reason it is in politics is that sex relates to homosexuality and marriage. Anything can be political.

Ok, so because you pretexted it in hypothetical terms, we are not allowed to request evidence?

LOL, so you can just make something up and we cannot question it? What is the point of that?
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:15:27 PM
At 4/15/2012 5:12:33 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

You must be new. So welcome. But no one is attacking you. You asserted something and people are asking you to back up your assertions.

There is something to be said for waiting until marriage and the personal benefits that brings with it. But you are asserting more than that, much of which needs to be backed up with some type of evidence or explanation.
Debate.org Moderator
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:17:11 PM
Psychologically speaking: If one were to abstain from sex until ones finds true love, then the penis would essentially bore out a perfect shape of itself into the virgin, thus providing the couple with ultimate satisfaction in sex.:

Uh, what??? lol

The vagina is elastic, not a clay mold.

The couple would have no other experience to gauge the pleasure upon, therefore the hypothesis of achieving ultimate pleasure seems to be a possibility. Maybe this is why major religions have enforced this throughout history. Perhaps the founders of these doctrines knew a thing or two?:

If it was the "ultimate pleasure" then no one would ever break-up or divorce. As it stands, that's definitely not the case.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:19:01 PM
This is in the politics forum because it relates to religion and sexuality which are both political topics.:

Politics = religion = sexuality = politics... rrrrrrrrright

You, sir, are aptly named!!!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:20:26 PM
My point is that people are forced into relationships via social and psychological conditioning. It's the same psychology as a placebo in a drug case having effects on various individuals. I guess i believe if people were taught this "Clay Mold" model of relationships (instead of have as much sex as you want), then the feelings and beliefs might manifest overall for more loving relationships with better sex. I am new and i wasn't expecting this many replies so there is a lot I'd like to say but give me a minute to build my case.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:21:37 PM
Sexuality is taught in our schools, thus indoctrinating a certain set of beliefs concerning sex. I might disagree with what kids are being taught. This is political, no?
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:25:57 PM
At 4/15/2012 5:20:26 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
My point is that people are forced into relationships via social and psychological conditioning. It's the same psychology as a placebo in a drug case having effects on various individuals. I guess i believe if people were taught this "Clay Mold" model of relationships (instead of have as much sex as you want), then the feelings and beliefs might manifest overall for more loving relationships with better sex. I am new and i wasn't expecting this many replies so there is a lot I'd like to say but give me a minute to build my case.:

I don't even know how to respond to this... Are you on any drugs right now? Serious question. I'm really having a hard time deciphering what it is you are trying to say.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:26:56 PM
At 4/15/2012 5:21:37 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
Sexuality is taught in our schools, thus indoctrinating a certain set of beliefs concerning sex. I might disagree with what kids are being taught. This is political, no?

Ok, so then prove why what they are being taught is wrong.