Jump to topic:

War On Women

Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 1:36:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
What war is and what it is not. War is death and agony, mostly of men. It is not paying for your own contraceptives.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 4:12:49 PM
War on Drugs
War on Poverty
War on Christmas
Something about trivializing war we enjoy.

I think it was Joe Rogan who said
"I wish the Govt. would declare a 'War on Hot Chicks', they'd be everywhere"
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 4:28:35 PM
At 4/16/2012 1:36:05 PM, Reasoning wrote:
What war is and what it is not. War is death and agony, mostly of men. It is not paying for your own contraceptives.

It's not about women getting free contraception; it's about them getting the contraception for the sake of equality due to that men get free condoms from the State. Health clinics, family planning centers, churches and even schools have supplies of condoms to be given out freely.

In the broad scheme of things, the cost to the state to pay for the process of giving birth to the child or performing an abortion FAR outweighs the cost of giving out birth control.

Stop making a big deal out of this and focus on the more important social front issues.
turn down for h'what
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 4:47:53 PM
At 4/16/2012 4:28:35 PM, Aaronroy wrote:

It's not about women getting free contraception; it's about them getting the contraception for the sake of equality due to that men get free condoms from the State. Health clinics, family planning centers, churches and even schools have supplies of condoms to be given out freely.

Girls can't use free condoms as contraception?

johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:24:21 PM
At 4/16/2012 5:26:39 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 4/16/2012 5:15:37 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
And what is the kitchen for?

For you to make us sammiches.

Huh. That seems backwards.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:36:15 PM

In the broad scheme of things, the cost to the state to pay for the process of giving birth to the child or performing an abortion FAR outweighs the cost of giving out birth control.

Stop making a big deal out of this and focus on the more important social front issues.

Men need condoms because they have the device that goes internal, not to mention condoms are cheap. Man and woman or man and man requires the condom. If two gay women wanted to have sex, there is no way to prevent std transfer... unless they had like diaper style condoms. So what would be the point of giving women free contra?
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:37:11 PM
Contraception is to prevent pregnancy, not stds. Women can take free condoms all day.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:46:31 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:32:24 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
women have magic boobs. why would we decealer war on them/?

Don't know if Thad is drunk... or trolling
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 7:07:42 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:46:31 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

probably a little of both.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 7:13:32 PM
At 4/16/2012 7:07:42 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/16/2012 6:46:31 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

probably a little of both.

It usually is.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 7:14:15 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:36:15 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

Men need condoms because they have the device that goes internal, not to mention condoms are cheap. Man and woman or man and man requires the condom. If two gay women wanted to have sex, there is no way to prevent std transfer... unless they had like diaper style condoms. So what would be the point of giving women free contra?

PLEASE do not shorten it that way, it offends me
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 7:21:39 PM
Condoms are not "For men". They are to prevent pregnancy. zzzzzzzing
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 7:54:24 PM
At 4/16/2012 7:48:06 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Sure, war kills mostly men. Because it is run entirely by men.

Designed for the main purpose that men can fvck women.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 7:56:10 PM
At 4/16/2012 7:54:24 PM, darkkermit wrote:

grammar fail? o.O
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 7:58:19 PM
At 4/16/2012 7:56:10 PM, Oryus wrote:

grammar fail? o.O

How so?

I meant fvck as in sexual intercourse. War is deeply ingrained in sexual selection.
Open borders debate:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 8:06:50 PM
At 4/16/2012 7:58:19 PM, darkkermit wrote:

grammar fail? o.O

How so?

I meant fvck as in sexual intercourse. War is deeply ingrained in sexual selection.

Oh, I didn't quite get what it meant.

But anyway, it seems that is probably a part of it- at least its beginnings. Wouldn't you say, at least in America, we go to war more for securing key material resources for the country-rather than securing reproductive ones?
:
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 8:07:21 PM

grammar fail? o.O

How so?

2:00
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 8:12:09 PM
At 4/16/2012 8:06:50 PM, Oryus wrote:

grammar fail? o.O

How so?

Oh, I didn't quite get what it meant.

But anyway, it seems that is probably a part of it- at least its beginnings. Wouldn't you say, at least in America, we go to war more for securing key material resources for the country-rather than securing reproductive ones?

I don't necessarily believe that because I believe the cost of war seems to more then offset the cost of the goods and services acquired via war.

I can however see special interest groups lobbying for war. There are defense contractors that would not like to see the military-industrial complex fail.
Open borders debate:
TannerNanner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:36:12 PM
I would like to take you back in time a bit....
who founded our nation? Men!
who were first aloud to dress as they pleased? Men!
who were first aloud to vote? Men!
who were first aloud to own land? Men!
The truth of the matter is there is a "War On Woman" because we have not been granted the same rights.

We now have rights; we can vote, dress as we please, own land, and work in whatever filed and environment. I do not believe there should be a "Gender Gap".

Republicans are anti-women because they do not support the feminist agenda of unlimited abortion & free contraception. And the opposite premise that Democrats are pro-women because they do support unlimited abortion and free contraception.

I believe it is only a media war.

Check out this link:
http://www.cbsnews.com...
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:40:31 PM
At 4/17/2012 5:36:12 PM, TannerNanner wrote:
Republicans are anti-women because they do not support the feminist agenda of unlimited abortion & free contraception. And the opposite premise that Democrats are pro-women because they do support unlimited abortion and free contraception.

Is one anti-Christian if one does not support free bibles? I hope not.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:44:55 PM
John Stewart must've seen this thread, he did a big bit on the war on women and war on literally everything else.

http://www.thedailyshow.com...

Mentat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 9:51:01 PM
I think it's silly in the 21st century to openly chastise people for 'trivializing' the holy word that is war. Even Webster agrees a definition of war is :
2. a state of hostility, conflict, or antagonism.

Anyone would rightly agree that a fierce ideological or political disagreement would be considered either a 'state of hostility, conflict or antagonism'. Also, if someone is going to condemn the semantic use of war on the left, then they must also on the right. Class Warfare, War on Christmas, War on Religion, etc. are heavily abused by those on the right.

The war on women is not a desire "unlimited abortions", it's more sweeping than that. I live in Wisconsin and just a few weeks ago, Scott Walker repealed the Equal Pay Discrimination Act making it almost impossible and definitively unfruitful for women, or any other minority group, to take employers to court when discriminated against. The Wisconsin State Assembly recently made it illegal for private insurance companies to cover abortions in their plans. Let me say that again, private insurance companies. If you're a woman that doesn't claim to be the far right religious type, I could certainly see how laws like this constitute a trending War on Women. In the end, I'm sure the soldiers will get over the fact that their word has been 'hijacked' in he name of politics. It's not like that hasn't happened before.
The object [is] not to stay alive, but to stay human ~ Winston Smith
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 10:40:17 PM

That is the most dramatic video I have ever seen.

Honestly I have no idea if the OP is a joke/trolling. I'm being serious...

The video complains that 90+ percent of war casualties are men or something. Oh 90+ percent of rape cases are women. What's your point. Science and psychology both say that men are more violent than women. History shows that male politicians are more likely to vote for war than female politicians. It seems to be the case then that the only people responsible for males going to war are themselves. They chose to fight for whatever reason - imperialism or defense. That's their prerogative. It's true that men can be conscripted, but very unlikely in the future. Women are conscripted in Israel. Also it would be too easy to list example after example after example after example of how women have been oppressed, abused and degraded throughout history... so I don't see the point of the video cherry picking a few things. It talks about how guys get raped in jail. So do women. I also don't see how men raping each other in prison has anything to do with a war against men in any capacity.

I started realizing this video must be a joke when it brought up men being the victims of child molestation from female teacher predators... when there are just as many male teacher molesters, and the statistics show that overwhelmingly most child molesters are male. And LOL at women being the demographic that "controls the vote and 60% of the wealth." PLEASE TELL ME HOW WOMEN OWN 60% OF THE WEALTH, whatever that even means.

I love how the video talks about false rape accusations, but doesn't include rape statistics about male vs. female rapists, or mention that the vast majority of rapes go unreported. Honestly this video was so incredibly stupid that it's obvious to me (if the OP isn't trolling) that he's just hell bent on being contrary. He just likes to argue so he takes unpopular positions regardless of how absurd they are. It's kind of immature.

Furthermore this whole thing is stupid because war doesn't only refer to actual battle. DUH. The word war has many definitions, including active hostility or contention; conflict; contest. That's why you can have a "bidding war" or a "flame war." It doesn't only refer to violence. It references any type of contest or figurative attack.
President of DDO