Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

Dueling

thett3
Posts: 14,339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:08:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think dueling should be legalized between politicians, and encouraged as an alternative to war as a way to settle international disputes.

Thoughts?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:10:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think it should be legalized, period for everyone.

Cept, people could use to to justify murder in some way I bet.

So, if there were no loopholes, yes.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
thett3
Posts: 14,339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:10:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 6:08:47 PM, thett3 wrote:
I think dueling should be legalized between politicians, and encouraged as an alternative to war as a way to settle international disputes.

Thoughts?

Well, legalized for everyone, but politicians in particular.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Posts: 14,339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:10:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 6:10:00 PM, Mirza wrote:
Japan would conquer the world. http://www.sarahremmer.com...

I could take him.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:10:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 6:10:00 PM, Mirza wrote:
Japan would conquer the world. http://www.sarahremmer.com...

No...http://oyster.ignimgs.com...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
CrazyPerson
Posts: 1,114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:10:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
They can't legalize things like marijuana or dueling - it would solve to many problems.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:13:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Also, Vladimir Putin is a master in martial arts (Judo), and could destroy most guys, let alone politicians. Not fair. USA could live with Chuck Norris, but that's just about it.
thett3
Posts: 14,339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:14:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is how they should've settled the matter, not war. http://news.bbc.co.uk...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:15:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This makes sense. Why should the common people have to sacrifice themselves for the beliefs of the leaders? George Bush, for example, should have fought Saddam Hussein. Why send other people to war?
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:18:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 6:10:52 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:10:00 PM, Mirza wrote:
Japan would conquer the world. http://www.sarahremmer.com...

No...http://oyster.ignimgs.com...

Once again Oberherr, you continue to be incorrect

http://www.glitchoris.com...
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
imabench
Posts: 21,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:19:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Im for it only if its televised for national audiences
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:21:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 6:19:11 PM, imabench wrote:
Im for it only if its televised for national audiences

The contestants should be rapists, pedophiles, and murderers.

That's good television.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:23:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 6:21:18 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:19:11 PM, imabench wrote:
Im for it only if its televised for national audiences

The contestants should be rapists, pedophiles, and murderers.

That's good television.

Gladiator Battles?
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:24:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 6:23:02 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:21:18 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:19:11 PM, imabench wrote:
Im for it only if its televised for national audiences

The contestants should be rapists, pedophiles, and murderers.

That's good television.

Gladiator Battles?

Maybe... I was thinking they could just sit there and shoot each other until I got bored.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
renji_abarai
Posts: 113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:24:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
How about just regular dueling with swords. or Yu-Gi-Oh dueling lol.

* Raises hand for both suggestions *

Anyone? Anyone else? lol
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:25:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I say we have a Hunger Games, but with rapists, murderers, homicide people, ect.

Cept, the winner is killed anyways.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:26:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 6:13:21 PM, Mirza wrote:
Also, Vladimir Putin is a master in martial arts (Judo), and could destroy most guys,

Who says it would be that kind of combat? And, I understand he is good.....but I think I could think of a few people who could take him. Also, who says your required to accept?

let alone politicians. Not fair. USA could live with Chuck Norris, but that's just about it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:28:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 6:18:02 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:10:52 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:10:00 PM, Mirza wrote:
Japan would conquer the world. http://www.sarahremmer.com...

No...http://oyster.ignimgs.com...

Once again Oberherr, you continue to be incorrect

http://www.glitchoris.com...

http://27.media.tumblr.com...

Revelation!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:32:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 6:28:24 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:18:02 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:10:52 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:10:00 PM, Mirza wrote:
Japan would conquer the world. http://www.sarahremmer.com...

No...http://oyster.ignimgs.com...

Once again Oberherr, you continue to be incorrect

http://www.glitchoris.com...

http://27.media.tumblr.com...

Revelation!

Oh yeah, well at least Shepard didn't have to wait for wussy aliens to give him an energy sword

http://bnbgaming.com...

Human-made baby!!!
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:33:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 6:32:04 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:28:24 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:18:02 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:10:52 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:10:00 PM, Mirza wrote:
Japan would conquer the world. http://www.sarahremmer.com...

No...http://oyster.ignimgs.com...

Once again Oberherr, you continue to be incorrect

http://www.glitchoris.com...

http://27.media.tumblr.com...

Revelation!

Oh yeah, well at least Shepard didn't have to wait for wussy aliens to give him an energy sword

http://bnbgaming.com...

Human-made baby!!!

Pfft, yet they energy sword is able to kill anything in one hit......while that can take SEVERAL.

And the ammo problem? Pfft, called rechargeable.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:42:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 6:33:13 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:32:04 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:28:24 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:18:02 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:10:52 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:10:00 PM, Mirza wrote:
Japan would conquer the world. http://www.sarahremmer.com...

No...http://oyster.ignimgs.com...

Once again Oberherr, you continue to be incorrect

http://www.glitchoris.com...

http://27.media.tumblr.com...

Revelation!

Oh yeah, well at least Shepard didn't have to wait for wussy aliens to give him an energy sword

http://bnbgaming.com...

Human-made baby!!!

Pfft, yet they energy sword is able to kill anything in one hit......while that can take SEVERAL.

And the ammo problem? Pfft, called rechargeable.

Okay, but let us see what the omnitool can do shall we?

Besides being a fvcking sword they also have use for hacking and decrypting information. They aid in repairs and other engineering functions.

Were not even talking about its combat capabilities! It can also overload enemy shields, render the user invisable, creates additional armor that frags out on impact, and fires plasma rounds that set people on fvcking fire.

I didn't even talk about biotics yet.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:46:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
And what if a female president were to fight a male president? It wouldn't be fair for the male. If he lost, he would be ashamed in his country, and all sorts of problems would arise that would stall the country.

So it's a good idea, but needs a few rules!
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:50:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 6:26:12 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Who says it would be that kind of combat? And, I understand he is good.....but I think I could think of a few people who could take him. Also, who says your required to accept?
A martial arts master will mostly take an inexperienced fella in any kind of combat. Putin was also a KGB agent.
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 7:14:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 6:50:03 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:26:12 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Who says it would be that kind of combat? And, I understand he is good.....but I think I could think of a few people who could take him. Also, who says your required to accept?
A martial arts master will mostly take an inexperienced fella in any kind of combat. Putin was also a KGB agent.

Martial arts vs gun = useless.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 7:19:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 6:46:29 PM, Mirza wrote:
And what if a female president were to fight a male president? It wouldn't be fair for the male. If he lost, he would be ashamed in his country, and all sorts of problems would arise that would stall the country.

He should be ashamed for being from a nation with no respect for women.
So it's a good idea, but needs a few rules!
renji_abarai
Posts: 113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 7:19:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 7:14:42 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:50:03 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:26:12 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Who says it would be that kind of combat? And, I understand he is good.....but I think I could think of a few people who could take him. Also, who says your required to accept?
A martial arts master will mostly take an inexperienced fella in any kind of combat. Putin was also a KGB agent.

Martial arts vs gun = useless.

What if the gun is empty and he is very weak and the gun falls apart? Woudnt be very useless then.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 8:49:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 6:08:47 PM, thett3 wrote:
I think dueling should be legalized between politicians, and encouraged as an alternative to war as a way to settle international disputes.

Thoughts?

I think it should be legal amongst consenting all adults. I believe one should be able to go to the town hall and request a duel be held. Both parties sign a paper waving their right to life, for the duration of the sanctioned duel.

The weapons of choice could be any of the following;
a. dueling pistols,
b. Rapiers and dagger,
c. fencing foils,
d. sabres,
e. katana,
f. sai,
g. double tipped spear
h. bare fists
i. any body part

Depending on preference the duel ends when
a. To first blood is drawn
b. on of the parties is too injured to fight
c. death
d. surrender
e. knock out
f. in the case of pistol duels, both parties have fired 1 shot

Each town can have a location where the duels can be held, and spectators can watch the duels.

As for international disputes, I believe military competitions held between the two nations may be a good deterrent, so that they may size up each other's armies.

Duels between the champions, use to be a quick an easy way to settle military disputes, by sizing up the other's military. Sometimes the losing nation would break the agreement, but often times they kept the agreement.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle